X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebula1400
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoney View Post
    As this thread has been reawakened, how is Orion Nebula1400 ?
    Thank you for asking! He's a terrific dog. Definitely my shadow, playful, willful, strong, very much like a 2-year-old child. He's medium-sized - about the size of a collie, but without the shaggy fur, and very muscular. Now that all my kids are grown and out of the house, he gets all the attention!

Leave a comment:

• StateOfSiege97
    commented on 's reply
    meowpurr...

soon, soon, I hope...

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    It's always great to see you around SoS and I hope you have something of a reprieve for a time of the endless migraines. Both for yourself of course, and for the pleasure in seeing you here more.

• Stoney
    replied
    As this thread has been reawakened, how is Orion Nebula1400 ?

Leave a comment:

• StateOfSiege97
    replied
    Dear Nebula1400

First, welcome—

Second, happy thoughts about your
    new companion—

I adopted two unspeakably adorable,
    clever, caring kittens two months ago:
    they have opened every moment to
    surprise, discovery, obligation, love...
    and, yes, at moments, brief eruptions
    of frustration—but those never last:
    how could they, given the wondrous
    kittenness they have brought me...

May you find the same in the beauty
    of dogness—*

And while Stoney's words ring true,**
    I still have hope that this site will
    regenerate itself, recreate more of
    the active community it once gave....

I much look forward to reading your words—

All, all—

*I long could not grasp the beauty of
    dogness, but since moving into my
    current apartment complex, I have
    come to know many dogs (and their
    care-givers) while sitting in the park
    that fills the fourth corner of our three
    buildings, have come to love through
    that knowing...

This has given me insight into Emily
    Dickinson's bond with her beloved Carlo—

Although I think I shall ever remain a
    Crazy Cat Lady....

**I am deeply at fault here: endless migraines,
    combined with the relentless fugitivity of
    words that strikes when I attempt a substantial
    post, have cut off my frequent participation...

With any luck, this should soon pass: I miss
    being part of all this place gives....

Explore the site: you will see the many topics,
    many modes of connection it offers...

Leave a comment:

• TimeTravellingBunny
    replied
    I never read any books about it. Just got advice from veterinarians.
    The only real challenge was teaching Charlie, when he was a puppy, to pee and poop outdoors instead of indoors.
    Veterinarians told me he was too small at 2 months to be walked. I don't remember when they said I could start doing it. But by that time, he was used to peeing indoors. So, I was advised to give him little 'rewards' whenever he peeda and pooped outdoors... but it took a long time before he first did it! He was used to doing it indoors, so for weeks, he would wait to get back home before he did it!
    Then when he first peed outdoors, he started getting little 'rewards' to eat, and he got into it soon. It took a month or two before he stopped doing it indoors. I think he was pretending or trying hard to pee at times just to get more rewards But finally, he lost interest in them and just peed without expecting a reward.

That's my only experience in training a dog (puppy). He is a fully grown adult now, 6 years old.

Leave a comment:

• American Aurora
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotroll
    I just came from the bed shop with a golden retriever puppy and it's one of the best moments of my life! She looks really curious and walks around the house and they already started googling on how to keep him healthy and make sure he grows a happy dog. It's just that I have found a good deal of different information on the same topics and I don't know who to trust. Where are you guys getting your information when it comes to your animal care?
    Ah, the dog sounds adorable.

One of my friends swears by the book “How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond” by Cesar Millan and Melissa Jo Peltier. He raised his husky Shayna on it and she turned out great. I see it has a lot of stars on Amazon.

But I imagine there are other great books, too. Do you have a name yet?

Leave a comment:

• Brendan
    replied
    Hello, Nebula1400.

And welcome to the forum I hope you do enjoy your stay. If any chance you are into fanart? I'm a lurking around those threads so it would be a warm welcome from me! I hope you stay around it's truly nice to see new members.

Leave a comment:

• Nebula1400
    replied
    Trying to attach a photo, because puppy. Not sure this will work.

IMG_3611 copy.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Nebula1400 View Post
    No really cohesive places for fandom, I'm afraid. I feel like we're all dispersed, and may never have the spontaneity (whatever there was toward the end, anyway) that existed on that site. We would discuss Agents of SHIELD there as it aired. Only a handful of those people migrated here, so I feel like the show won't be as enjoyable now.
    Sadly these things seem to just get worse. As less people engage less people put time aside for what remains and so it continues. This site used to be really very busy and sadly now it is quieter.

Leave a comment:

• TimeTravellingBunny
    replied
    It's great to see new faces (well, usernames) here!

I'm a big dog lover. I have two lovely dogs and an also adorable cat. The older dog was already an adult when I adopted him over 4 years ago, but my other dog was a 2 months old puppy when I found him abandoned, while walking my other dog, 2 years ago. Earlier I had also found my cat in a similar way, when he was a 6 weeks old tiny kitten (he weighed 800 grams then; now he's big - 6 kilos). My dogs are both smallish, so all three are roughly the same size.

You can discuss AoS at SpoilerTV. It's a really good website, with lots of AoS fans.

Leave a comment:

• Nebula1400
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoney View Post

Are you finding other places to roam now Whedonesque has shuffled off? Has it reduced your fandom time significantly?
    No really cohesive places for fandom, I'm afraid. I feel like we're all dispersed, and may never have the spontaneity (whatever there was toward the end, anyway) that existed on that site. We would discuss Agents of SHIELD there as it aired. Only a handful of those people migrated here, so I feel like the show won't be as enjoyable now.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I was genuinely interested, animal lover and all. A German Shepherd/Collie mix sounds great. I like dogs to be proper big dogs.

Are you finding other places to roam now Whedonesque has shuffled off? Has it reduced your fandom time significantly?

Leave a comment:

• Nebula1400
    replied
    I keep messing up in responding to this, and somehow keep wiping out my message.

Orion is a 12-week-old German shepherd/collie mix, or so I was told. I have my doubts, but we'll see as he grows.

He is the 5th in a line of dogs we've had. None of the other 4 had any behavior problems or chewed up anything they weren't allowed to. We still have one, a 10-year-old Catahoula leopard dog.

We don't really have to talk about my puppy. Just thought it would be a novel way to say "hi" to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    What type of dog did you get? What age is it? Are you prepared for half your house gaining a 'chewed' look?

Leave a comment:

• Nebula1400
    started a topic I just got a puppy

I just got a puppy

Also, I don't know why I haven't introduced myself since I joined in August. I am a 13-year veteran of Whedonesque, and somewhere in time, I was part of The Bronze and Bronze Beta. Was also on a James Marsters fan site, but I can't remember the name of it!

Anyway, see you around,

The puppy is sleeping on my foot.
Working...
X