X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Not a problem, I've copied them across. I'm sorry you had trouble with this. Hopefully it'll be more straightforward next time, but do feel free to ask if you have any other difficulties.

• Nothing13
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoney View Post

If these were the only two pictures you wanted on your survey post, I should be able to edit them across for you.
    Ok, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Nothing13 View Post
    In the upload attachments, I can choose the format of the images: Small-Medium-Large.
    Do you see these images?
    Yes, both of those are appearing in the post and they are also viewable under your 'media' tab on your profile page, so they have uploaded properly.

It could just be that in trying different ways before and cancelling them, they just didn't fully upload but all the attempts were registering as failed images. But I can see these fine, so that method worked here.

If you want to use the 'upload attachments' then I think you need to be able to alter the picture sizes yourself as the sizes offered have such big jumps (as I said, somewhere around 9-10cm, 500-600pixels would be a workable 'large' size). Or use an image hosting site. Using the image icon and connecting to a URL should be fine too, if you can locate a picture that fits what you want.

If these were the only two pictures you wanted on your survey post, I should be able to edit them across for you.

Leave a comment:

• SpuffyGlitz
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, I can see them now Nothing13!

• Nothing13
    replied

Okay, they just show as a blank page with 'invalid file specified' to me and I've checked I get the same if I look at them with testuser as well. As there are no photos in your media tab on your profile, I don't think they've loaded. But it is strange that they are appearing for you. If anyone else can see them please do let me know, but I'm going to pass it on to vBulletin to see if they can help as I can't work out what is happening here. Sorry about this. Thanks for your help and the links, I'll try to get to the bottom of it.
    This is what i have done in detail:
    -Initially, I used the upload attachment' option, since it doesn't work because of the size limitation I tried many times in order to understand the logic, since it doesn't work I cancelled all the images.
    -After I used the icon "image properties"-image info"-URL: I used the URL of 2 images from Google image.

I try it another time:

joker-min.jpg
    c310da502722f46f3877d0e65d9f20b7.jpg

In the upload attachments, I can choose the format of the images: Small-Medium-Large.
    Do you see these images?

Leave a comment:

• flow
    replied
    I can see the Spike 1977s video when I click on the green writing. I see no other pics in your member's survey post, Nothing13, sorry!

I use imgur to link pics. It's free and even for a technical idiot like me super easy to navigate. I don't know how I ever lived without it.

flow

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Yes, I used the 'upload attachment' option.
    Okay, they just show as a blank page with 'invalid file specified' to me and I've checked I get the same if I look at them with testuser as well. As there are no photos in your media tab on your profile, I don't think they've loaded. But it is strange that they are appearing for you. If anyone else can see them please do let me know, but I'm going to pass it on to vBulletin to see if they can help as I can't work out what is happening here. Sorry about this. Thanks for your help and the links, I'll try to get to the bottom of it.

Leave a comment:

• Nothing13
    replied

Okay, that's odd. I've looked in Firefox, Chrome and Safari and they are all just showing the missing picture symbols. I'm assuming these were put up through the 'upload attachment' option? If so, when you click on one, can you paste the URL it gives you here? There are no 'media' files showing under your profile so it doesn't seem to have registered them if they were uploaded.
    Yes, I used the 'upload attachment' option

These are the links:
    https://www.buffyforums.net/filedata...iledataid=1680
    https://www.buffyforums.net/filedata...iledataid=1679

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Yes, These appear as pictures to me
    Okay, that's odd. I've looked in Firefox, Chrome and Safari and they are all just showing the missing picture symbols. I'm assuming these were put up through the 'upload attachment' option? If so, when you click on one, can you paste the URL it gives you here? There are no 'media' files showing under your profile so it doesn't seem to have registered them if they were uploaded.

flow I know you responded to the survey post, could you see the pictures Nothing13 put in the post?

Leave a comment:

• Nothing13
    replied

I agree the sizing of the upload attachments can be inappropriate and either appear far too small or huge. If you are able to resize your pictures and adjust them to have a width of around 500-600 pixels (around 9-10cm), that should then load up so 'large' appears like the sizes of the screenshots I've taken below. I've taken these to show you the 'missing image' symbols that are in the survey post. These can just be edited out, but I didn't remove them as I wanted to check what was causing it. Do these appear as pictures to you?
    Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 09.52.49.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 09.53.00.png
    Yes, These appear as pictures to me
    Last edited by Nothing13; 21-07-21, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I have used upload attachments and the icon image like in your picture, but the size of the image was too big. I tried multiple times in order to understand the logic of the sizes (because for me wasn't correct), after I tried to reduce the size of the image with a program and I tried to upload it, but the quality wasn't good, so I removed it. I thought the images were removed and I don't see broken image uploads now.
    I agree the sizing of the upload attachments can be inappropriate and either appear far too small or huge. If you are able to resize your pictures and adjust them to have a width of around 500-600 pixels (around 9-10cm), that should then load up so 'large' appears like the sizes of the screenshots I've taken below. I've taken these to show you the 'missing image' symbols that are in the survey post. These can just be edited out, but I didn't remove them as I wanted to check what was causing it. Do these appear as pictures to you?
    Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 09.52.49.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 09.53.00.png
    Alternatively, image hosting sites can give greater control over picture sizes and be a straight forward option where you choose the size you want and copy the code to paste into your posting box here. I have a paid for account with SlickPic but I think there are still some image hosts that provide a free level of membership too.

Leave a comment:

• Nothing13
    replied
    Nothing13 I noticed in your member's survey post that you have a lot of broken image uploads so I just wanted to try to help and check with you how are you attaching the images to the posts?

For greater control over the sizes etc you can use links from an image hosting site like Imgur, or you can upload to the site using the image upload or the main attachment uploads options...
    I have used upload attachments and the icon image like in your picture, but the size of the image was too big. I tried multiple times in order to understand the logic of the sizes (because for me wasn't correct), after I tried to reduce the size of the image with a program and I tried to upload it, but the quality wasn't good, so I removed it. I thought the images were removed and I don't see broken image uploads now.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Nothing13 I noticed in your member's survey post that you have a lot of broken image uploads so I just wanted to try to help and check with you how are you attaching the images to the posts?

For greater control over the sizes etc you can use links from an image hosting site like Imgur, or you can upload to the site using the image upload or the main attachment uploads options...

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    StateOfSiege97 this should now be fixed.

We do have lists of the story discussions the group has in the main fanfiction area of the board and in the 'Join Fanfiction Discussions' Group. But with it being a membership based group it makes more sense for the threads not to pop up in the main activity list too when posts are made, just to avoid frustration at seemingly broken links. Hopefully it will have stopped now, sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• flow
    commented on 's reply
    We used to have these discussions in the Fanfiction subforum but decided a while ago to take them to a more private setting to not step on anyone's toes. If you ever feel like having a look at our discussions, just give me a shout <3

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry for the confusion StateOfSiege97 , they shouldn't appear in the thread lists unless you are a member, so I'll get vBulletin to look at that.

• StateOfSiege97
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, that explains—

For much as I respect FanFic (one
    of my students wrote her senior thesis
    in it, read it through Bataille's gift
    economy....)
    I do not, myself....

• American Aurora
    commented on 's reply
    Hey! They’re posts from the Spuffy Fanfiction Group. I think that the new posts come up on the board, but I don’t know if you can see or read the posts unless you’re a member. I’m not sure how it works.

• StateOfSiege97
    replied
    Help—

I am confused...

Some threads have recently appeared—
    one by flow, another by
    American Aurora, one, I think,
    by someone else, that I have not
    been able to access—

The most recent:

Flow's A Matter of Taste thread....

Are they on other media than this
    forum? Than the general web?

If so, I would understand, given that
    I do all I can to minimize my social
    media presence—no Facebook,
    Twitter, &c., in part to limit the word
    pollution I might spill, in part from a
    desire to limit my exposure to what
    has come to be called Surveillance
    Capitalism

But if they are here, well, please,

'Splainy—?

Thanks upon stumbling thanks—

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by American Aurora View Post
    Stoney, when I go into the General Media thread, it says Buffy Season 8 at the top for me.
    Okay, thanks, I've fixed it. I flicked through every folder and they definitely all say what they should at the top now, so if this reoccurs again I'll contact vBulletin about it. Hopefully it'll just be gone now and simply be a random glitch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X