Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had a member report having issues with pictures/banners being missing in threads, not loading up. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Comment

• Yep, that's me-sorry, should have reported it in here. I was just assuming it was a temporary glitch. I checked and pretty much most of the rewatch threads are comprised of text without access to pictures (although there are a few exceptions). And some people's banners appear missing to me but apparently they're visible to others. So not sure what's going on... (I do have the 20 posts per page set up as usual-I've even brought it down to 5 posts now, still the same.) I've taken screenshots of what it looks like.
      Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 19-12-20, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
        Yep, that's me-sorry, should have reported it in here. I was just assuming it was a temporary glitch. I checked and pretty much most of the rewatch threads are comprised of text without access to pictures (although there are a few exceptions). And some people's banners appear missing to me but apparently they're visible to others. So not sure what's going on... (I do have the 20 posts per page set up as usual-I've even brought it down to 5 posts now, still the same.) I've taken screenshots of what it looks like.
        Thanks SpuffyGlitz. I can't recreate the same issue myself, everything loads fine, so it'll be interesting to hear if anyone else is having the same difficulties. I assume you are just getting the little blue box with a question mark in where the pics should be?

Comment

• Thanks Stoney! I don't see any blue box with a question mark, it's mostly just blank space...like this

Spoiler:

This is what your post looks like without the banner:

And this is what one of the reviews looks like without pics (the blank spaces are where the pictures were):

Comment

• Wow, I've made a lot of posts! Sorry, that just stood out to me in the screengrab.

Okay, that's odd. Normally I'd expect it to acknowledge it isn't loading content. This probably isn't relevant as it is pictures in a thread as well, but just to check, you do have the tick box selected to be able to view signatures in your user settings > account settings? How long are you giving the thread to load? It might be worth opening a page you know has pictures in it and leaving that window open for a while to see if it loads eventually. The fact it isn't placing the 'missing pic' icon in makes me wonder if it is just thinking/processing time. But as I've said, my tech knowhow isn't the best.

Comment

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              EDIT: Sorry, scrap that, you had said in your original message that you could see other banners, just not mine. Perhaps still try leaving a page open for a while and see if it eventually loads.

• SpuffyGlitz
              SpuffyGlitz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks a ton, Stoney! my mac is new (last one crashed last yr), I don't think it should be causing issues, but I'll wait a few days and see if it rights itself (it was fine a week ago.)

• There appears to be some issue some are experiencing between the site and the slickpic image hosting links that some other members use. I can't figure out yet if it is a problem between slickpic and the members who can't see the images, or the site and the members, or slickpic and the site.

If anyone can't see either, a) my banner at the foot of this post, or b) the images in this example rewatch thread post, can you please post here and let me know:
            - if this is a new or recent problem as far as you are aware,
            - what browser you are using,
            - if you can see other banners (such as SpuffyGlitz's in this post),
            - if you can see other images members load (such as Nina's in this fanart post),
            - what computer/operating system you use,
            - if you've had any problems on other sites you visit (particularly if they are with some images and not others).

That would be hugely appreciated.

Comment

• Hey Stoney! So in answer: a) I still can't see your banner b) or see images from the post you linked to in the rewatch. As for when it started, I didn't notice it until two weeks ago roughly, but had no problems before that. And I can see all of Nina's posts in the fanart thread. The operating system I use is macOS Big Sur version 11.1. which is the latest I think. I use a Chrome browser. But the tech place I called (which is basically a printing place but offers IT services) use non-Apple software, basically IBM computers and the images weren't visible on those computers either (except for the same ones appearing on mine.) It's very, very weird. My friend uses apple software and the same chrome browser. I haven't had any problems on any other site beside this one. Thanks. I'm sure it'll sort itself eventually!

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                I've contacted SlickPic as a starting point. I could be totally wrong but it feels like it is more between the person and them than the forum. We'll see what they say.

• SpuffyGlitz I've shared detailed exchanges with SlickPic over this and they seem to think that their engineers may have found the problem and rectified it. Can you see my banner yet or the pics in the rewatch?

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
                SpuffyGlitz commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, that was fast! Yes-it's all visible now That's really brilliant, thanks so much Stoney!

• I checked on all counts and everything is working perfectly again! That's really amazing Thanks for all the incredible help Stoney!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
                I checked on all counts and everything is working perfectly again! That's really amazing Thanks for all the incredible help Stoney!
                Ah, that's brilliant. SlickPic responded really quickly. I'm so pleased it is fixed. And I'm always here to help if you have any odd glitches arise. I can't always promise to get it fixed so fast, but we can try.

Comment

• I'm not able to copy and paste text into a post.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeB View Post
                    I'm not able to copy and paste text into a post.
                    There have been quite a lot of background things happening in preparation for the migration which is just about ready, so it could relate to that. I was just unable to edit a post too, so it could all be related. Hopefully it will be a temporary glitch that just stops but if it is still doing this when I get up in a few hours I'll get hold of vBulletin and find out if they've set something up that's causing issues.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                      Double Dutchess commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Text hasn't been a problem but when trying to copy and paste images and tables I have been getting "500 error Internal Server Error".

• As some of you probably noticed already, the avatars are resized. Stoney altered the code of nearly all styles (except Wood, that one is causing problems at the moment) and now we've 100x100 avatars again (like we had before). Currently, the avatars look a bit wonky due to the resizing. But this should be easy to solve. When I uploaded my avatar again (in My Profile), the issues were gone. The downside of this might be that the avatars by inactive members might continue to look a bit unfortunate.

So we've two questions for you.
                    1. Would you please reupload your avatar? If this doesn't fix (all) issues concerning the sharpness/quality, we would love to hear that.
                    2. What is your opinion about the change and should we keep it even if the avatars by inactive members don't look all that great?

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up!

1. Done
                      2. I like it and I don't mind about the avatars of the inactive members (they won't show up in recent posts anyway)
                      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Posting images doesn't work for me anymore. Even if copying and pasting works (which it doesn't always), I get "500 error Internal Server Error" when trying to actually post the reply.
                        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
                          Posting images doesn't work for me anymore. Even if copying and pasting works (which it doesn't always), I get "500 error Internal Server Error" when trying to actually post the reply.
                          Same here, I've tried everything and have been trying all morning. But nothing works at the moment.

Comment

• Nina you could try posting an image on the test site and see if it lets you there. I have been looking on it and haven't found these issues happening. I think we should press to see when we can fix a date for the migration. If it isn't really soon then we can try to pin down the server problems that keep happening. But if it is imminent it is probably far more logical to focus on getting the migration complete and leaving the existing host.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nina View Post

Same here, I've tried everything and have been trying all morning. But nothing works at the moment.
                              Same here. Also it presents you with (for me at least) a very confusing panel asking for pixel width and all that. Never used to be THAT difficult to post something on here before.

Comment

• Nina
                                Nina commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That one is new for me as well, I have not seen that panel before.

• Stoney
                                Stoney commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I don't think we should worry about it or try to work it out unless it is still there after migrating.

• Nina Double Dutchess Silver1 I was finally able to access the coding to change the avatar size for the Wood skin as well this morning by going in through a different browser, so that might help if you're still having problems/don't want to wait.

At the moment I'm expecting the migration won't be until Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                                Double Dutchess commented
                                Editing a comment
                                So which browser did you use that gave you success? So far I only tried using Firefox, I probably should have mentioned that.

• Double Dutchess Ah, it was Firefox I succeeded with and Safari I've been having problems with, so that doesn't help. It also let me paste in text in Firefox too where it had given me an error message before. You could always randomly try another browser just in case.

With the migration expected to finalise either Monday or Tuesday at the moment it just isn't worth me trying to get my head around what the error log messages mean as they say they are server errors and the migration should sidestep all of this. We'll put a notice up on the board as soon as we have a day/time confirmed as the site will need to close for possibly half a day whilst it is backed up and uploaded to vBulletin's Cloud hosting.

Comment

Working...
                              X