Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll worry about whether to merge the original threads with the 'part 2s' that were created separately. But I'm a little wary of doing that as trying to merge the two Random thoughts threads resulted in the original thread trying (and failing) to combine as 1000+ comments in the second post of the new thread. I think we're probably better off keeping the two threads and just popping a post at the end of any original threads that were locked which had a 'part 2' created to direct people to the second half of the thread.

Comment

That's fantastic news! I don't mind keeping an old and a new thread as long as we can access both.

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

At the moment I'm finding my user setting to only receive notifications here through the message centre, so not by email, isn't working and I'm getting emails about every post on the board. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Comment

Not me........

"I like who I am when I'm with him. I like who we are together."

Comment

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            It seems to have stopped now from turning the notification options on and off multiple times and removing 'to subscribe when posting'. One of these must have worked. Or it stopped as randomly as it started.

• Rosely
            Rosely commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to read that Stoney!

If I try to log in directly from the Forum's homepage, I get the following error message in Firefox:

Blocked by Content Security Policy

This page has a content security policy that prevents it from being loaded in this way.

Firefox prevented this page from loading in this way because the page has a content security policy that disallows it.

If I try it from Chrome, I just get a blank frame where the login used to be, and if I try it from Microsoft Edge I get the following error message:

This content can't be shown in a frame
          There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn't allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of any information you might enter into this site.
          Try this
          Open this in a new window

Finally I managed to log in by selecting "Open only this frame" in Firefox.
          https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
            If I try to log in directly from the Forum's homepage, I get the following error message in Firefox:
            I have logged in through Firefox quite a few times without any problems. Are you using your old bookmark into the site? Some of the problems people were finding with logging in was fixed just by updating bookmarks. The homepage has changed to the main forum page now - https://www.buffyforums.net/.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
              Double Dutchess commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, that works. Thanks Stoney!!

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              Not a problem, and I'm glad it did as I had nothing else.

thenewbuzwuzz has been so kind as to inform me that the RSS feed for The Sunnydale Herald is back to working again for this site.

Yay!

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              Delighted to hear this. Thank you for continuing to check for us flow.

Hmm,can't get into the BOOM! Buffyverse News Thread 2.When I go in,all I see is this.

Search result already expired, please try a new search.

Comment

Originally posted by BAF View Post
              Hmm,can't get into the BOOM! Buffyverse News Thread 2.When I go in,all I see is this.

Search result already expired, please try a new search.
              I've had this on rare occasions and if you leave it a short time and try again it seems to work and let you back in. I've also closed my browser window and reopened in another time to get past it. I think it is similar to it not allowing you to search again within 20 seconds, a glitch where it just decides that you have 'searched' for the thread and so it blocks you briefly. If you find it keeps happening or if it doesn't let you back in the thread after a short time, please let us know it is persisting.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post

I've had this on rare occasions and if you leave it a short time and try again it seems to work and let you back in. I've also closed my browser window and reopened in another time to get past it. I think it is similar to it not allowing you to search again within 20 seconds, a glitch where it just decides that you have 'searched' for the thread and so it blocks you briefly. If you find it keeps happening or if it doesn't let you back in the thread after a short time, please let us know it is persisting.
                Yeah,it's working now.I was able to post a new article.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad it was just a temporary blip.

Ehlwyen Rosely If you get some time to have a look at this puzzle on customisations it would be appreciated. bespangeled is trying to increase the size of the text in their posts through their customisations but isn't seeing the change happen, and it doesn't seem to be staying either (if you can see it). This post shows their text larger, although bespangeled sees it as the regular size, but this one that was made after that one doesn't have the larger text. I can't see their user customisations so I'm not sure what to do to try to change the setting or to save it to be constant.

Comment

• Rosely
                  Rosely commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sorry, I'm clueless for now. Did you try to google it?

@Rosely, I'm sorry, I'm clueless for now. Did you try to google it?
                From what I can see from searching on the vbulletin help, help forums and through google, the user customisations are just for your profile page and it would take amending a site style to generate a larger font as standard. Of course you can affect the style/size of the font in each individual post, so that is another option for individual customisation. But not one that happens automatically. I can't see something that would change it for the individual that isn't confined to their profile customisations. I'll let bespangeled know.

Comment

Okay, we're several months into the upgrade now and I'm drawing together a list of issues that still need fixing or questions that remain unanswered. I'm going to look back through this thread and see what I think is still left to resolve and check if I can get to the bottom of it through our own admin controls. My aim is to do this through this month and then pass anything still outstanding back to vBulletin and liaise with them to try to finish ironing out the kinks. So, if you still have any ongoing tech problems with the site or usability issues, this would be a great time to let me know.

My hope is that August will see the resolution of the tech issues so that early to mid September I can look back over the site restructuring suggestions that were made, give another opportunity for discussion on that, and then make those changes too.

Comment

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

What's said in this post/comment is what I remember, my opinions, etc.

COPIED FROM THE SITE RESTRUCTURING THREAD

BTW: The line spacing and default font size makes this Board more difficult to read than necessary. I always read the Board on at least a 15-16-inch MacBook Pro Retina display and the line spacing and font size in posts are at least slightly 'hard to read'. Imagine reading on a 13-inch 1080p screen. I always try to make my font size 14 and that makes my posts much easier to 'see' and much more readable.

Comment

• Stoney
                      Stoney commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Others have mentioned readability issues so amending the skins can perhaps be considered.

Stoney,

I agree that larger font would be helpful for mobile users. Buffy Forums looks like a spec on my iPhone. Maybe have a few skins with larger fonts/higher contrast for those with eye issues/disabled.

I notice that the ?recent activity' parts of the site are a bit FUBAR. I can't figure out how they work. Some are showing only posts from months ago.

I also can't figure out how the Group Subscriptions work now. There seems to be no activity listed despite recent postings. I wonder if the parameters have to be reset.

The big giant CALENDAR button/bookmark/whatever you call it at the top is empty. I think it would be great if it could be filled with information. Maybe important dates in Buffy history or future appearances by actors or the premiere/opening dates of works involving Whedon, Buffy actors and writers and/or general media.

Comment

Agreed with Aurora's points above. For me, what I miss most is that we no longer have a list of new posts, like in the old forum. I find it a lot more difficult to find the latest additions now, and I overlook a lot. This also means less incentive to post or react myself.
                      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, but I first need to log in before before I'm able to do that.

• Stoney
                        Stoney commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Does it keep logging you out or do you log out by choice?

• Double Dutchess
                        Editing a comment
                        By choice. I don't want to be logged in all the time. Only when I post.

When I click on Groups in the main forum menu and after that on Spuffy Appreciation Group in the right-hand menu I end up in a blank site titled Spuffy Appreciation Group that says "There are no conversations in this channel." This is not true however because when I click on topics there are numerous topics. If someone searches for new group entries this way they might think the group is dead (which it isn't yet).

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                        When I click on Groups in the main forum menu and after that on Spuffy Appreciation Group in the right-hand menu I end up in a blank site titled Spuffy Appreciation Group that says "There are no conversations in this channel." This is not true however because when I click on topics there are numerous topics. If someone searches for new group entries this way they might think the group is dead (which it isn't yet).
                        In part that is because the 'latest activity' is the tab that it opens to and the filter is defaulted to 'last month' but even if you change it to 'all' it isn't including the posts from today so it isn't picking things up properly. It would be better really if 'topics' were the default view when you go into a group I think and then you can filter things down if you like. I'm not sure how adaptable the settings are for groups but I'll make sure looking at this is on the list.

Comment

Can't access the elimination game thread for some reason? But I can view it when I log out?

Comment

• Originally posted by buffylover View Post
                            Can't access the elimination game thread for some reason? But I can view it when I log out?
                            It might be a loading up issue. Have you changed your user settings as per the instructions for the number of posts showing per page given here?

Comment

Working...
                            X