Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a new poster in the Agents of Shield Thread, and when I went in to that thread, i got a blank white screen. I logged out and then could see the thread, but then of course couldn't reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      There's a new poster in the Agents of Shield Thread, and when I went in to that thread, i got a blank white screen. I logged out and then could see the thread, but then of course couldn't reply.
      Yes, I'd seen the same and was hoping Quake would post elsewhere too. It is good that we can still access the threads by logging out but obviously it means we can't post in them. I think I'll go and pop a visitor message on their profile to say hi and explain.

Comment

• Priceless
        Priceless commented
        Editing a comment
        Good idea, I might do the same :-) EDIT - Quake cannot receive private messages at this time lol.
        Last edited by Priceless; 04-02-20, 03:19 PM.

I think Priceless has mentioned this before but I have noticed it for the first time today. When I use the New Topic feature the name of the last poster appears on the right side along with their avatar. Curiously enough sometimes people get other people's avatar. For example Andrew S. avatar appears next to Cheese Sclice's name at the moment. This only happens in the New Topics section.

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post

Yes, I'd seen the same and was hoping Quake would post elsewhere too. It is good that we can still access the threads by logging out but obviously it means we can't post in them. I think I'll go and pop a visitor message on their profile to say hi and explain.

Hi, thanks for the message. I got an error message when I tried to reply. I haven't run into any issues anywhere else apart from being unable to reply to the visitor message, but I haven't tried to post much yet either! Lots to read first

Comment

Originally posted by Quake View Post

Hi, thanks for the message. I got an error message when I tried to reply. I haven't run into any issues anywhere else apart from being unable to reply to the visitor message, but I haven't tried to post much yet either! Lots to read first
          Hi Quake! Just stick with it, there are a lot of interesting discussions on this site, it's just going through a bit of a mid-life crisis right now

Comment

Originally posted by Quake View Post
            Hi, thanks for the message. I got an error message when I tried to reply.
            I've not had much practice using the new visitor messages. Did you go onto my profile page or try reply on your own? It might not have accepted you posting on your own, but I don't know for sure. I'll have to play around with it a bit to see if there's another issue there.

I haven't run into any issues anywhere else apart from being unable to reply to the visitor message, but I haven't tried to post much yet either! Lots to read first
            Well I hope you enjoy having a look around and please do feel free to say if you have any questions.

Also, I just want to say when I commented upthread that I was hoping you'd post elsewhere too, it was just in the hope that it would be a thread I could post a hello into in response because I couldn't get in the Marvel thread, I'm not pressuring you to post immediately! Although obviously you can.

Priceless it might be that you weren't able to send Quake a PM because they've only just registered. I'm pretty sure on the old set up it would take a few posts to confirm you were an active member before you could use all the features, post threads etc. So it's possibly a similar thing (or a glitch, time will tell on that one I suppose). You can always go to visitor messages on a profile page instead though by clicking on the person's name or avatar.

Comment

Could someone who is not a member to the Spuffy Appreciation Group please try to post in there, just to see if it's now open to everyone.

Silver1, are you a member of that group? I know you've posted in there recently and I can't seem to access a list of members so can't tell who's a member anymore and who isn't

Comment

• Hunga Munga
                Hunga Munga commented
                Editing a comment
                I can access the threads.....but not post

Could someone who is not a member to the Spuffy Appreciation Group please try to post in there, just to see if it's now open to everyone.

Silver1, are you a member of that group? I know you've posted in there recently and I can't seem to access a list of members so can't tell who's a member anymore and who isn't
              When you go into the Spuffy group it says it is 'moderated' whereas the crossover group is 'public' so they should be different. I'd say to throw me out and I'd check, but as I can't see a way to select to 'join' a group I might not be able to get back in so I don't want to do that. It does have a 'joined' tab when I'm in the group though, so it is more of a missing feature than a lost one I think. I'll add that you can't access the members list to a general query above about joining the groups and hopefully a non-member can check if they can post for you in the meantime too. Here's a link to the group if someone wouldn't mind checking for us.

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Stoney. That link you've attached doesn't work for me. Can you see a members list for the SAG?

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                My bad, I've amended the link and checked it this time.

Just found the members list for SAG, and Silver1 isn't a member (sorry to keep picking on you ) but can still post in the Group.

I'm happy for everyone to post, but we started that group because of what happened in the other place, and if anti-Spuffies can post in the group, it sort of loses it's reason for being

Comment

Just found the members list for SAG, and Silver1 isn't a member (sorry to keep picking on you ) but can still post in the Group.

I'm happy for everyone to post, but we started that group because of what happened in the other place, and if anti-Spuffies can post in the group, it sort of loses it's reason for being
                Blue was able to add me to the crossovers group too, so I think the owners might be the only ones that can see the members and allow people to join, but it does then seem as if 'moderated' groups is a feature that hasn't transferred across.... I've just gone as if I was going to create a group and 'type' still gives options for public/moderated/invite only and then 'privacy and permissions' is an option that then asks separately who you want to be able to view it and who you want to be able to post in it. So these should be features still. It might be that they aren't on the original settings and you need to try to find the 'group admin' options to check/change them??

Comment

Hmmm, I don't have any moderation options in the groups but I can see if I go to search them all be 'date of last post' that some spam posts have been attempted in all groups just because they show and show as 'guest' rather than a member, but they don't link through to anything so I think they've been automatically blocked. But it might be that even site membership isn't currently needed to try to post on the group threads. I'll add this, but as I don't have any mod options in the section there isn't anything I can do to switch the settings for you.

Comment

I've messed around with the settings for SAG and hopefully I've put it back to members only.

If anyone would like to join the Spuffy Appreciation Group, please let me know. All Spuffy Lovers welcome!

Comment

• Hunga Munga
                      Hunga Munga commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sign me up please

I've messed around with the settings for SAG and hopefully I've put it back to members only.

If anyone would like to join the Spuffy Appreciation Group, please let me know. All Spuffy Lovers welcome!
                    I'm going to change the status of the group members list, privacy and joining as solved but am going to keep the question about being open outside the site.

Comment

• Stoney
                      Stoney commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I logged out and checked, you can't access groups without being a member so the spamming is a separate thing to look at.

In the Spuffy Appreciation Group I can only see the first 20 members on the membership list, and it will not allow me to turn the page to see the other members. Could someone try and see if they can see all the members?

Could someone who is not a member also try and post on one of the threads in there, just to see if it is open to non-members?

Comment

In the Spuffy Appreciation Group I can only see the first 20 members on the membership list, and it will not allow me to turn the page to see the other members. Could someone try and see if they can see all the members?
                      Where are you going to see the members list in the first place Pricey? It tells me that there are 27 members but I can't see anything that offers a way to view a list. I see 12 small avatar items under where it says there are 27 members, but no membership link. Could it be you found it within the group admin that only you can access as the owner?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post

Where are you going to see the members list in the first place Pricey? It tells me that there are 27 members but I can't see anything that offers a way to view a list. I see 12 small avatar items under where it says there are 27 members, but no membership link. Could it be you found it within the group admin that only you can access as the owner?
                        I have a SETTINGS WHEEL and can access the list from that. It may because I am the moderator that I can do that and other members can't. I also think it's odd that there are 27 members, and you can only see 12 members.

Comment

• Stoney
                          Stoney commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'll update, the group settings don't seem to have transferred well generally.

Just a post to flag the 2 forum notices at the top the home page and forum pages regarding the home page issue and html posting problems. I've updated the entries in here too of course.

Comment

Copying and pasting from Word isn't fully working. It's cutting off around half my post here: https://www.buffyforums.net/forum/...ampire-diaries Post #11. I've tried multiple times.

EDIT: NEVER MIND.

I forgot there cannot be any 'special characters': the special "a" in doppelgangers cannot be shown and it cut off the rest of my post.

So, make sure all 'formatting' has 'plain' letters.
                          Last edited by MikeB; 07-02-20, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes this is a continuing problem, a pound sign, accented letters and symbols have all caused this problem that results in all text following disappearing. At least it doesn't seem to corrupt the whole thread as standard though. But plain text at the moment is wisest.

If you look at GoSpuffy‘s banner signature you can see „funny symbols“ where there should be normal letters. I don’t know if it has to do with the html issue but yesterday I saw the same in an old post. I tried to copy it but that didn’t work either.

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

I appreciate you checking if we were aware of this flow, but it sounds very like just the same punctuation corruptions that have been noted. Even though the problems we're finding have slowed down now, it is still totally possible that something new could come up, so it's always worth checking. I have kept the first post of this thread updated with the issues raised and what has or hasn't been worked out to correct them so far. I have seen the symbols in GoSpuffy's banner too and had wondered about suggesting just editing them out. But, as the same punctuation corruptions have occurred across some of the old threads too (including some of the old rewatch posts and the current one too, such as in SpuffyGlitz's BY review), I'm hoping that we'll be able to find a site wide fix that will convert them back to the dashes, apostrophes and speechmarks etc that they should be.

Feel free to edit and delete them out if you wish but it is best to not copy them into new posts as doing that was what collapsed the previous Report a Problem thread (it just seized up when I copied the random symbols in to try to show them as examples). We've also found including unusual accented characters wipes all the post content that follows it if pasted into a post. At the moment I can't even consider just working through all the old threads to manually correct these corruptions because I can't get into all of the threads whilst being logged in. Obviously if I'm not logged in I can't enter the posts as a mod to edit the corruptions out. Again, another reason I'm hoping a site wide fix might be found. We'll keep trying to figure these things out.

Comment

Working...
                            X