Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing13 I noticed in your member's survey post that you have a lot of broken image uploads so I just wanted to try to help and check with you how are you attaching the images to the posts?

For greater control over the sizes etc you can use links from an image hosting site like Imgur, or you can upload to the site using the image upload or the main attachment uploads options...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post
      Nothing13 I noticed in your member's survey post that you have a lot of broken image uploads so I just wanted to try to help and check with you how are you attaching the images to the posts?

For greater control over the sizes etc you can use links from an image hosting site like Imgur, or you can upload to the site using the image upload or the main attachment uploads options...
      I have used upload attachments and the icon image like in your picture, but the size of the image was too big. I tried multiple times in order to understand the logic of the sizes (because for me wasn't correct), after I tried to reduce the size of the image with a program and I tried to upload it, but the quality wasn't good, so I removed it. I thought the images were removed and I don't see broken image uploads now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nothing13 View Post
        I have used upload attachments and the icon image like in your picture, but the size of the image was too big. I tried multiple times in order to understand the logic of the sizes (because for me wasn't correct), after I tried to reduce the size of the image with a program and I tried to upload it, but the quality wasn't good, so I removed it. I thought the images were removed and I don't see broken image uploads now.
        I agree the sizing of the upload attachments can be inappropriate and either appear far too small or huge. If you are able to resize your pictures and adjust them to have a width of around 500-600 pixels (around 9-10cm), that should then load up so 'large' appears like the sizes of the screenshots I've taken below. I've taken these to show you the 'missing image' symbols that are in the survey post. These can just be edited out, but I didn't remove them as I wanted to check what was causing it. Do these appear as pictures to you?
        Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 09.52.49.png
        Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 09.53.00.png
        Alternatively, image hosting sites can give greater control over picture sizes and be a straight forward option where you choose the size you want and copy the code to paste into your posting box here. I have a paid for account with SlickPic but I think there are still some image hosts that provide a free level of membership too.

Comment

I agree the sizing of the upload attachments can be inappropriate and either appear far too small or huge. If you are able to resize your pictures and adjust them to have a width of around 500-600 pixels (around 9-10cm), that should then load up so 'large' appears like the sizes of the screenshots I've taken below. I've taken these to show you the 'missing image' symbols that are in the survey post. These can just be edited out, but I didn't remove them as I wanted to check what was causing it. Do these appear as pictures to you?
          Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 09.52.49.png
          Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 09.53.00.png
          Yes, These appear as pictures to me
          Last edited by Nothing13; 21-07-21, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Yes, These appear as pictures to me
            Okay, that's odd. I've looked in Firefox, Chrome and Safari and they are all just showing the missing picture symbols. I'm assuming these were put up through the 'upload attachment' option? If so, when you click on one, can you paste the URL it gives you here? There are no 'media' files showing under your profile so it doesn't seem to have registered them if they were uploaded.

flow I know you responded to the survey post, could you see the pictures Nothing13 put in the post?

Comment

Okay, that's odd. I've looked in Firefox, Chrome and Safari and they are all just showing the missing picture symbols. I'm assuming these were put up through the 'upload attachment' option? If so, when you click on one, can you paste the URL it gives you here? There are no 'media' files showing under your profile so it doesn't seem to have registered them if they were uploaded.
              Yes, I used the 'upload attachment' option

These are the links:
              https://www.buffyforums.net/filedata...iledataid=1680
              https://www.buffyforums.net/filedata...iledataid=1679

Comment

Yes, I used the 'upload attachment' option.
                Okay, they just show as a blank page with 'invalid file specified' to me and I've checked I get the same if I look at them with testuser as well. As there are no photos in your media tab on your profile, I don't think they've loaded. But it is strange that they are appearing for you. If anyone else can see them please do let me know, but I'm going to pass it on to vBulletin to see if they can help as I can't work out what is happening here. Sorry about this. Thanks for your help and the links, I'll try to get to the bottom of it.

Comment

• I can see the Spike 1977s video when I click on the green writing. I see no other pics in your member's survey post, Nothing13, sorry!

I use imgur to link pics. It's free and even for a technical idiot like me super easy to navigate. I don't know how I ever lived without it.

flow

Comment

Okay, they just show as a blank page with 'invalid file specified' to me and I've checked I get the same if I look at them with testuser as well. As there are no photos in your media tab on your profile, I don't think they've loaded. But it is strange that they are appearing for you. If anyone else can see them please do let me know, but I'm going to pass it on to vBulletin to see if they can help as I can't work out what is happening here. Sorry about this. Thanks for your help and the links, I'll try to get to the bottom of it.
                    This is what i have done in detail:
                    -Initially, I used the upload attachment' option, since it doesn't work because of the size limitation I tried many times in order to understand the logic, since it doesn't work I cancelled all the images.
                    -After I used the icon "image properties"-image info"-URL: I used the URL of 2 images from Google image.

I try it another time:

joker-min.jpg
                    c310da502722f46f3877d0e65d9f20b7.jpg

In the upload attachments, I can choose the format of the images: Small-Medium-Large.
                    Do you see these images?

Comment

In the upload attachments, I can choose the format of the images: Small-Medium-Large.
                    Do you see these images?
                    Yes, both of those are appearing in the post and they are also viewable under your 'media' tab on your profile page, so they have uploaded properly.

It could just be that in trying different ways before and cancelling them, they just didn't fully upload but all the attempts were registering as failed images. But I can see these fine, so that method worked here.

If you want to use the 'upload attachments' then I think you need to be able to alter the picture sizes yourself as the sizes offered have such big jumps (as I said, somewhere around 9-10cm, 500-600pixels would be a workable 'large' size). Or use an image hosting site. Using the image icon and connecting to a URL should be fine too, if you can locate a picture that fits what you want.

If these were the only two pictures you wanted on your survey post, I should be able to edit them across for you.

Comment

If these were the only two pictures you wanted on your survey post, I should be able to edit them across for you.
                      Ok, thanks

Comment

• Stoney
                        Stoney commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not a problem, I've copied them across. I'm sorry you had trouble with this. Hopefully it'll be more straightforward next time, but do feel free to ask if you have any other difficulties.
                    Working...
                    X