X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Glitches - Report a Problem

**The place to report any problems, faults, glitches that you are coming
    across when navigating the forum**

This initial post will be updated with anything reported within this thread and any progress/updates as made. If you have an issue to report please look over the list to see if we are already aware and if a solution has already been found (fixed issues are noted in the spoiler section below).

The current list of issues is.......
    • Group functions/settings - a group's members list isn't viewable to the other members. This is something vBulletin are aware of and will hopefully be fixed in a future upgrade.
    • Group is hidden - Invitation only groups aren't functioning as they should. A request has been put in with vBulletin to change how the groups should function so that invitation only groups are visible, but the content can't be accessed without membership. We don't want entirely hidden groups on the board and having a group entry so people can request membership is a minimum necessity (ideally groups should be fully browsable to site members as all other areas are). As this request is for an amendment it is hard to know when it could be completed by. It's a watch this space on this one I'm afraid. Group owners can still I believe set moderation options to their public groups and have only members able to post.
    • Multiple quoting - This isn't as easy as it was in the old system. You can still click the 'quote' option under multiple posts and then selecting the 'post reply' in the top left (that shows the number of posts you've selected in brackets) puts them all into your reply box. But clicking the first 'quote' whips you down to your reply box so you have to scoot back up and going onto other pages seems to drop your existing selection. I'm intending to look into this with vBulletin and put in an Improvement Request if there isn't already one.
    • Reputation pips - these are being 'lit' fully in twos when they should go through a green level first and only light up one at a time. I've been discussing the behaviour of this with vBulletin and it has been concluded that these display issues are 'a CSS issue'. A request for this to be fixed has been put in with vBulletin. As they are intending to look at the reputation function fully in future upgrades this will probably just happen within that so I don't expect a quick fix unfortunately. It may be worth turning the reputation feature off when the option to do so becomes available.
    --
    Fixed/Answered issues
    Below are issues that have been answered or fixed, under a spoiler for space, but kept for reference.

**Please check if the problem you are reporting already may have a solution.**
    Spoiler:
    • Access permission - unable to access threads - amending parent permissions has fixed access issues.
    • Avatar is blank - please resave your avatar to your desktop and reload it.
    • Avatar is fuzzy - this was caused by the avatars being made larger, please reload.
    • Activity list font sizing - the font size on the activity list was appearing overly large, but the coding required to control and adjust this was found and applied to the styles individually.
    • Banner visibility - some members find the banners aren't always visible - this doesn't appear to still be a problem and likely related to individual settings.
    • Comments - unable to see comment button and leave comments - this feature has been opened to all members to use for brief comments.
    • Cutting and pasting text - one user had trouble highlighting text (such as links) and pasting them in. It was suggested to try checking javascript was enabled and no restricted permissions were against the site, possibly use the 'source' editing button (like a sheet of paper with <> on it) to see if it affected the ability to paste. Unknown if these options helped.
    • Corrupted emoji - this appeared to be a one off isolated problem and so that specific one was deleted. If any members notice another failing to load please report it.
    • Corrupted symbols/unusual fonts - some unusal characters and symbols have been replaced by question marks in the migration to Cloud. As a question mark is clearly a genuine symbol we can't do a simple search and replace. If you see an old post of your own where this has happened you can edit out the corrupted symbols. If it is a post of someone else's that has several corruptions in then please feel free to let a mod know who can always access/edit others' posts. On occasions where a specific word (often with an accented character) has been seen, please report that and a moderator can run a search to see if it results in an easily amendable number of results. Thank you.
    • Dark style: text isn't readable/visible - text in this style appears faded or blacked out where a post has the font colour specified in the BB coding, often from text having been copied and pasted in. This stops the style converting the font colour (so black will remain black on Dark's black background). Posts with this problem can be edited by the member who posted it and the colour for all text in the post be changed to 'Automatic'. Switching style to see the posts fully where and when this issue is found is possible when viewing other members' posts. Members can report occasions they find this, any particularly problematic threads to the moderators who may be able to edit the affected posts to fix the colour. A notice has been added to appear with the Dark style to inform users of this issue and how to deal with it.
    • Donations facility - the option to make donations to a paypal account being used for the forum was initiated when raising money for the migration to Cloud and 2021 hosting bill. This will become a regular system as further funds are needed.
    • Font sizes are too small - skin default font sizes have been adjusted.
    • Friends feature - appears to have gone - this is now your subscribers list, accessible through your profile.
    • Game activity not included in updates - it seems activity in the games thread doesn't get added to the alerts 'new topics' or 'latest activity' - inconsistent issue appears to have stopped.
    • Group owners can't view the members list - This is a glitch vBulletin fixed within the most recent upgrade. The ability for group members to see the list is one hopefully a future upgrade will amend.
    • Group pages default tab - It was requested that the topics list was the default area in the groups and this has been amended.
    • Group settings - privacy - group owners may need to access the group settings to adjust the privacy and membership options that have not transferred in the update. It is now possible again to 'join' groups.
    • Group topics (threads) tab is not appearing - If you enter a group thread via a notification it takes you into the thread specifically, to get to the main group page and the list of 'topics', threads, you need to click on the hyperlink of the group name under the site banner. This takes you into the group's main page and the list of topics.
    • Help texts - have been revised and updated to reflect the system changes. The general rules of posting and FAQ threads may answer any general questions.
    • Home page thread links are missing - the links on the home page that take you to the thread the last post was made were missing. This related to a depth setting we had altered due to the subforums showing on the Red style so was just reset. An alternate way to remove those is being looked into or the Red style will be deactivated.
    • Home page and log-in problems - login was only possible through the threads for some members - The home page address has changed to - https://www.buffyforums.net/, please update your bookmarks.
    • Like counter resets - a query was raised as to whether the like counters were resetting after 9 likes. As I haven't seen this happen but have seen a like counter reach 12 I can only assume this was a one off incident and isn't an ongoing problem.
    • Limited search facility - the search feature now will include threads/posts before the upgrade.
    • Lost threads or PMs - some people have reported missing threads or PMs - a thread has been created to report any new missing threads.
    • Message limitations - increased maximum characters limit.
    • Message text box is restrictively small - The viewable area for the text when writing posts PMs has been expanded.
    • Missing site banner(s) - I have loaded the site banners into the Admin area now so these should stop dropping and be more stable. If you notice a site banner isn't showing please report it.
    • Mobile app - can we have one? The new Cloud hosted forum passes as mobile compatible. There is a mobile suite that it is possible to purchase but it is over $200 and requires Android and iOS developer accounts to submit these too which run additional costs. As there should be mobile compatible styles this seems a cost we're currently unlikely to look to incur.
    • Multiple quoting isn't possible - click the 'quote' option on all the posts you want to quote (quote will turn orange) and then scroll back to the top of the page where the 'post reply' button will show the number of posts you have selected in brackets and clicking on that button will enter them into your text box at the bottom of the page to edit in your responses.
    • Notifications disappearing - Notifications from the same thread all go if you enter that thread (whether posts, comments or likes). You can choose to set your filters to show both dismissed and new notifications and set this as a bookmarked page. Then all notifications can always be viewed with just one click. Or you can right click to enter notifications in a new tab and then the original list isn't reloading. There is no current workaround to stop notifications from the same thread dismissing together. An improvement request has been put in to vBulletin to review this and possibly make notifications individually dismissible.
    • Pasted in text brings BB coding in - text that is pasted in on the site can bring BBCoding which affects the colour/font of the text (see the solution to the Dark style problems). This can't be prevented without breaking the coding across the site. Members are reminded to highlight text pasted in and select the 'automatic' colouring and 'default' font or click on the <> source button on your posting toolbar to check if any formatting code has been copied in.
    • Photo access - some members can't access previously loaded pictures to remove them - resetting filters in Media under Profile settings will allow for 'all' photos loaded to be accessible.
    • Pictures coding can't be accessed - when pictures have become embedded into a post you can still access the coding if you use the button on the left of the editing toolbar that looks like a sheet of paper with <> on it.
    • Plugins - what can we have returned? Some extensions that we had in the past, like in the reputation function, are no longer available and had been archived by vBulletin. As we are now hosted by vBulletin Cloud that doesn't allow for 3rd party add ons for security reasons. Any areas that members want to flag where you feel functionality has been lost/reduced can be looked into to see if any adjustments are possible within the upgraded version/new hosting arrangements (if that occurs)
    • Private Messages - old PMs have returned and can't be deleted - This is because the private message system doesn't work like emails any longer. Instead it recognises PMs as conversations, like a thread, and all participants need to delete them for them to truly go. Any new messages within an old deleted PM conversation you were included in again will bring it back into your message centre. Essentially the idea of an inbox/sent items/trash isn't really compatible with how it works and this is an area vBulletin are likely to keep developing. If you look to delete a message it needs to be removed from all folders/inbox/sent items and then from the trash. If all participants do this it will be deleted. If you have some in your inbox that are old messages returned it will most likely be because a past participant still has a copy.
      Without having identifiable incidents where this simply is proven to not be the case there doesn't appear to be a glitch other than the change to a conversation thread structure having brought back some old message copies. Members are encouraged to delete their old messages.
    • Punctuation corruptions/irregular characters not posting - changing to a UTF-8 code has fixed these corruptions and using unusual characters/symbols has stopped causing problems.
    • Punctuation corruptions - question marks - some dashes, the first apostrophe when used to 'rabbit ear' words/phrases and some standard apostrophes (such as in: it's) have been replaced with question marks during the migration (so threads pre-Jan 2021). Unfortunately we can't replace these en masse. Please edit existing posts of your own where you notice this and report any thread titles or posts that contain these corruptions which aren't yours in this thread or by PM to a moderator to amend. Moderators amending posts generally will only be done if time allows, submitting that a whole thread needs looking through is highly unlikely to be done.
    • Rep system corrupted - The reputation function doesn't work on awarding and taking away reputation like it used to any longer. Instead reputation is now based on the 'likes' that are given for posts. The reputation giving power people have is determined by how long they have been registered, the number of posts they've made and their own reputation.
      Unfortunately the switch from our previous reputation system into the likes one created huge distortions in the reputation that is given from simply liking a post. A thread to discuss the reputation function was opened and it was decided to reset the system Feb 2021. The likes system seems to fill fairly quickly and it may become necessary to turn the rep system off when that becomes possible in a future upgrade.
    • Site Leader details - site leader details were missing and have been added.
    • Site Information is outdated - the forum has been moved onto the main domain and the welcome text has been revised.
    • Site skins - some new ones have been added
    • Site speed, and.Threads not loading - this issue was initially solved by getting members to set how many posts were viewable per page (this post explained the setting change ). I've actually set this now to be the default across the site for pages to load to 20 posts. So it shouldn't need individually adjusting still.
    • Structure - to reconsider the organisation, what has permanent forums/subforums still, what is used most etc. Restructuring was done early 2021 after the migration to Cloud hosting. Main reorganisations have now been made, minor ones will likely follow over the course of the year as we see if the new structure is liked.
    • Subscriptions aren't reliable - in the groups subscriptions are not reliably resulting in notifications for activity. This has been raised with vBulletin. It does seem like deselecting and restarting the subscription retriggers the notices again. So, if you pick up on new posts having happened where you should have had a notification but didn't receive one, try stopping then restarting your subscription.
    • Tagging - some intermittent problems getting the @tagging to work has been improved by checking the site is on accepted browser lists and javascript is enabled, but still tagging in comments isn't working reliably. vBulletin have confirmed that the system wasn't designed for User Tagging to work automatically in comments. Entering a tag at the start of comments may have more success. Update: A fix has been registered with the software developers to look to enable the pop up to complete user mentions also working in comments, so a future update will hopefully fix that.
    • Time setting error - if anyone is seeing the incorrect time please turn your setting in your User Settings > Account to DST off and then switch this when daylight saving changes to on. The automatic detection isn't working.
    • Thread list - requested overall running list of threads & new post activity was requested. A latest thread column was added to the main forum page with a twitter link and social media buttons.
    • Visitor messages - The visitor messages are found by clicking on a person's icon and then posting in the text box next to their profile details. This isn't a private message. Where it says 'private message' just above that text box it is a button that takes you through to the message centre instead. The message centre is where you send a private message. The message centre can also be accessed from the heading item 'messages' in the top right of the screen (along with your profile icon link and notifications link).

I just did what Ehlwyen suggested in the old thread and started a new thread.The same result.The first half of the solictations post and they cut off at the second part.Below is where it cut offs still.

https://www.buffyforums.net/forum/...d-2#post687452

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER VOL. 3 SC

* ****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR JUNE 2020*****

Publisher: BOOM! Studios
    Retail Price: $14.99
    Writer: Jordie Bellaire
    Artist: David L

Comment

• Ehlwyen
      Ehlwyen commented
      Editing a comment
      When i click on your link above to the new thread, i see a full post. I see more text including synopsis and 3 different images of the comic's cover. Did you fix the issue or am i the only one seeing it?

• Stoney
      Stoney commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for this BAF. Going by the link included on the thread I can see five Buffyverse releases. So it looks like there should be another two images. The text where it stops goes with the first missing image but there isn't any text or the image for the second. But I can get into the new thread.

Hey, Guys!

Ugh - poor Season Five rewatch thread! I hope we can get it back!

If worst comes to worst, I think I can reconstruct almost all of the rewatch reviews because I quoted them all in their entirety in my responses and those are all saved in Word for every episode of Seasons Five and Six in the Rewatch thread (I have a lot of Four, but not everything). But it would be really awful to lose all those fantastic responses! I hope the thread can be recovered.
    I just looked at the Season Five thread and I can read it just fine. So perhaps it’s just buggy?

I still can’t move the PM folders - but I don’t want to delete anything. So no PMs for me until I literally save them into Word. I’m still trying to get the hang of this!
    Last edited by American Aurora; 30-01-20, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by American Aurora View Post
      Ugh - poor Season Five rewatch thread! I hope we can get it back!
      I know. I'm pleased you're able to still get into it, as you say it might mean there is just a bug that can be killed off and we won't lose it. I'm fairly certain I took a copy of every review from the very start but I know that some of the included pictures lost their links a while ago because I kept intending to recopy them. There's never enough time that's the problem. I didn't take any copies of the discussions though. Fingers crossed it gets recovered.

I appreciate until you've copied your PMs you don't want to delete any in the meantime. Increasing capacities is something that may be considered when other issues have been ironed out but at this point it probably wouldn't help to make the forum work harder. There is at least the visitor message option too. Although I appreciate that isn't the same as it isn't private.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post

I know. I'm pleased you're able to still get into it, as you say it might mean there is just a bug that can be killed off and we won't lose it. I'm fairly certain I took a copy of every review from the very start but I know that some of the included pictures lost their links a while ago because I kept intending to recopy them. There's never enough time that's the problem. I didn't take any copies of the discussions though. Fingers crossed it gets recovered.

I appreciate until you've copied your PMs you don't want to delete any in the meantime. Increasing capacities is something that may be considered when other issues have been ironed out but at this point it probably wouldn't help to make the forum work harder. There is at least the visitor message option too. Although I appreciate that isn't the same as it isn't private.
        Oh, I understand that PMs are at the bottom of the priorities list - I just wanted to get it out there while we were building a fix list.

I’m actually amazed at how fast the admins are fixing all the bugs. As someone barely one step above a caveman with a stick in terms of technological skill, I am in awe of the complexity of upgrading such an enormous and unwieldy message board - transferring a script from Word to Final Draft is hard enough for me. I still haven’t even figured out banners yet.
        I checked again and the Season Five thread is still there for me so fingers crossed!

So far, I’ve peeked into dozens of threads and haven’t found any blank posts or strange dead ends that weren’t intentional.

Comment

Ehlwyen BAF As I've been going back through the threads to regather the problem list I just registered that BAF said on the previous thread that when they tried to post the missing information in a separate post it still wouldn't post it. That it cut off after the first three lines. The point where the text cuts off in the post in the new thread is one letter into David Lopez's surname and in the original text on the BOOM website they have an accent over the 'o' in Lopez. The seeming processing dislike of unusual text/symbols, as caused the glitch on the last Problems thread when reporting symbols replacing common punctuation, might relate to why it is stopping BAF posting the rest of the text/pictures too. If you could copy the missing text BAF and make sure that the 'o' is a standard one, we might find that it lets you post the remainder.

Comment

Thanks for getting us back online! I missed my forums and our denizens so much!

I don't know where else to put this, as it's not a problem per se, except for me. I NEED a dark background. I used one of the old customized ones, but for now, I'd be happy with some generic dark background as I tend to read myself to sleep on my phone, and any light background will keep hubby awake. If it is simple to add, I'd appreciate it, if not, please keep it in mind for future. For now, I'm using the browser's night mode, but it doesn't show all stuff up equally well.

Also: for some reason, titles and headers and other non-post text show up in much bigger font (or occasionally smaller) than the body text of the posts.
            This is exclusively a phone issue. On the computer, it all looks fine.

Thanks again,

Blue

Comment

• flow
              flow commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Blue, so good to see you!

Right, I have finally finished going back through the threads to pull out the mentioned issues and those reported in the original Report a Problem thread and have reentered them into the first post of this thread and updated as needed. I have also started to note some items under 'suggestions/wish list' that are also being raised. Hopefully I won't manage to corrupt this thread too as that isn't a quick task, ha!

flow regarding the friends feature, if you go into your message centre and click on 'users' under subscriptions you can then click the button 'subscribers list' which will take you to the list you had as 'friends' pre upgrade. Alternatively, if you go to your profile page then 'subscribers' is an option under your profile picture and that also takes you to your old friends list. You can subscribe to specific users by selecting 'subscribe' on their profile page. I assume someone choosing to subscribe to your profile now is what adds them to your list and when you subscribe to someone you add yourself to theirs, but I haven't tested that theory as yet.

Originally posted by DeepBlueJoy View Post
            Thanks for getting us back online! I missed my forums and our denizens so much!
            Hey Blue, good to see you. I'll have a look to see if I can suggest anything that might help with the background issue but it may turn out to be something that will be fixed when we eventually look at the styling and different skin options. I'm not sure why you are getting fluctuating text sizes and you could be right that it is a mobile issue. Having a mobile app was something that was mentioned when plugins were originally discussed and I had forgotten about that. I'll add it to the wish list items I've started to include on the first post of the thread too.

Comment

• DeepBlueJoy
              DeepBlueJoy commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad to see you too, luv! I think there may be a way around the full blown mobile app, as I don't use mobile apps as a rule.. I mostly don't like them & I like using the same interface everywhere... some desktop versions work better than others in multiple venues, however. not quite sure why.

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              It's all pretty much beyond me, I rarely use my phone or other mobile devices and stay rooted beside my laptop most of the time.

Originally posted by DeepBlueJoy View Post
            I don't know where else to put this, as it's not a problem per se, except for me. I NEED a dark background. I used one of the old customized ones, but for now, I'd be happy with some generic dark background as I tend to read myself to sleep on my phone, and any light background will keep hubby awake. If it is simple to add, I'd appreciate it, if not, please keep it in mind for future. For now, I'm using the browser's night mode, but it doesn't show all stuff up equally well.
            If you go to your profile and click on 'customize my style' underneath your picture it will take you to a few options. Click on 'content' and you can alter the background colour of the posts. I tried copying and pasting the provided divider colour (which is a med grey) into the main background colour and the 'preview' below looked like it might change what you are looking for. Or at least some of it. I'm not sure if the wider white border will remain but I hope this helps.

EDIT: Oh, switching to the 'wood' skin would make the wider background beige at least, that might help too (the skin options are at the bottom left of the page, currently set to Default vB5 Style).

Comment

As I've been going back through the threads to regather the problem list I just registered that BAF said on the previous thread that when they tried to post the missing information in a separate post it still wouldn't post it. That it cut off after the first three lines. The point where the text cuts off in the post in the new thread is one letter into David Lopez's surname and in the original text on the BOOM website they have an accent over the 'o' in Lopez. The seeming processing dislike of unusual text/symbols, as caused the glitch on the last Problems thread when reporting symbols replacing common punctuation, might relate to why it is stopping BAF posting the rest of the text/pictures too. If you could copy the missing text BAF and make sure that the 'o' is a standard one, we might find that it lets you post the remainder.
              Success!!! That worked.Amazing that such a little thing like that was the cause of the problem I'll have to watch to see in the future about things like accents over a letter.Thanks so much for figuring that out,Stoney.

Comment

Maybe the following glitches have already been mentioned and maybe even mentioned by me. I don't want to be repetitive but I don't want to miss anything either.

PMs - my pms are completely gone with the exemption of the last two before the glitch. This is not an issue for me. I can do without them and don't need them back. I know our mods and admins are doing whatever they can and my pms certainly are nothing to worry about. But I wanted to mention it here because I know others had issues with pms too and if so it isn't a single event but something that obviously happened to more than one user.

Missing threads/unable to open threads - I don't know if this is one glitch or if they are two glitches. There are threads completely missing (several in the Spuffy appreciation group but also for example on the forum the POTN thread) and there are also threads some of us cannot access anymore (this is mainly the Spuffy fanfic recommendations thread and the season 5 rewatch thread). Those we can't access have two different error types. Some open as a blank page and some lead to a notice about an error. In terms of priority, I don't care about the group threads. We can always re-create them. But if we could save the pages that don't open at least in terms of "reading-only" I'd be very happy.

I also wonder if it is possible to find out which threads have completely vanished. But I don't have much hope for that and if that is something we have to put up with it may be so.

I definitely second Priceless suggestion for a running thread. Actually, the Latest Activity list is already some sort of a running list. I think we would be fine if we could extend the limitations of the Latest Activity list from 24 hours to maybe a week or even better two weeks.

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Added in now. I'll let you know if I manage to find any of the missing threads.

Originally posted by BAF View Post
                Success!!! That worked.Amazing that such a little thing like that was the cause of the problem I'll have to watch to see in the future about things like accents over a letter.Thanks so much for figuring that out,Stoney.
                Fab! I'm really pleased that worked. Those irregular characters and symbols seem to be a real stumbling block for it to process. As they have replaced punctuation in quite a few of the existing threads I can't help but wonder if it is part of the problem with the erratic opening on some of the old threads. It might not be connected to anything else of course, or it could be even more so. Anyway, I'm pleased that specific issue is fixed now and yes, look out for them!

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                  Maybe the following glitches have already been mentioned and maybe even mentioned by me. I don't want to be repetitive but I don't want to miss anything either.

PMs - my pms are completely gone with the exemption of the last two before the glitch. This is not an issue for me. I can do without them and don't need them back. I know our mods and admins are doing whatever they can and my pms certainly are nothing to worry about. But I wanted to mention it here because I know others had issues with pms too and if so it isn't a single event but something that obviously happened to more than one user.
                  Thank you for this flow, I don't think anyone else other than Aurora had mentioned this so far so I will amend the notes about it. All the currently logged problems are all in the first post of this thread and I keep that post updated with any progress made, so you can always see what we know about or have 'fixed'.

On that front the missing threads and ones that are unable to open are a continuing problem that we are aware of but haven't, as yet, singled out a reason for. I have just today confirmed that irregular characters are causing issues and am aware that some of the punctuation in threads has been replaced by random symbols so this might be linked. But as saving a post containing some of the symbols copied caused the last thread to corrupt I am not going to do anything about the contents of the old threads personally. This might be something that can be solved/amended en masse, but I don't know. That's a technical question and I'm not a tech gal. Hopefully we will be able to recover the threads that are failing to open and show an error or open to a blank page, but I don't know as yet. Often some people are still able to open them. This was why it was suggested to open a new thread to continue the discussion and leave the old thread alone to hopefully be recovered.

I'm not able to see the old forum to try to compare threads to try to work out which have actually disappeared, but the POTN thread is the only main thread (alongside the group conversations and PMs) that I am aware of having literally disappeared. I will update the notes in the first post about these though and see if I can remember what the POTN thread was actually called to double check it hasn't just been buried.

I definitely second Priceless suggestion for a running thread. Actually, the Latest Activity list is already some sort of a running list. I think we would be fine if we could extend the limitations of the Latest Activity list from 24 hours to maybe a week or even better two weeks.
                  I have already added this to the 'wish list' (see the first post of the thread again). As I mentioned in the 'Let's find our way around' thread, if you click on the drop down 'filter' menu when in latest activity you can alter it to show other options rather than just the last week. Obviously that isn't going to bring up any more at the moment if the searches are only functioning on what has happened since the upgrade (a problem you had already noted and which has been added to the first post list).

Thank you for posting and making sure we knew about these. I'll pop back to the thread later to update about the PMs and see about the missing threads.

Comment

GoSpuffy considering you saying yesterday you weren't able to view your banner, do you definitely have the option selected as 'on' to view banners in your user settings > account details? It is probably too simple but I wondered if this had been deactivated, although you shouldn't be able to see any banners if that is the case.

I also have wondered if your banner coming and going could be because you have some of the corrupted punctuation in it as that has been causing specific problems. You could leave it as is whilst the tech gets considered or you could chance going in to edit your banner and deleting the corrupted text (edit signature is in 'account' just under where you select to be able to view banners). You may find that it won't then reload your banner though if you can't save it within the photo upload limits it has set, which is the situation some of us are in.

Comment

I just noticed the time setting is off, it tells me posts are happening an hour later than they are although my settings are correct (GMT, London with DST detection enabled). Does anyone else see a discrepancy between when they post and the time it records it as?

Comment

I also have had a glitch appear in my PMs. When we first upgraded it mostly was the same, a couple of saved 'sent' items were missing, but now I have gained back random deleted messages that span the last 9 years. I've tried to delete them but they don't leave the sent items folder. I've noted this in 'Corrupted PMs' in the list.

Comment

Stoney, thank you so much for all your hard work. And Rosely and Nikki too! It is very much appreciated.

I had over 80 PMs yesterday, but now they are almost all gone. Nothing in any folders. Is there any way to bring them back?

Comment

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            There seems little control over the PMs at the moment I'm afraid. I've gained ones back I deleted nine years ago. I'll add into the first post where the current glitches are listed that you have had PMs disappear too, but I've no idea if they will be recoverable I'm afraid.

Stoney, going through my PMs, I noticed that dashes and apostrophes are coded wrong - here’s an example of what my rewatch review of Fool for Love looks like in my PMs
                          Last edited by American Aurora; 31-01-20, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Arrrgh don't copy the corrupted punctuation. This is flagged in the issues at the top of the thread as what corrupted the last thread and why it had to be closed. These corruptions are dotted around the site and I think may be linked to some of the instabilities.

Okay, I just deleted it all! Hopefully, it didn’t ruin anything! Sorry, sorry!

Boy, i must not be paying attention! I will self-flagellate now!.
                          Last edited by American Aurora; 31-01-20, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• Stoney
                            Stoney commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm fairly sure from what happened before that it would have done it pretty much instantly if it was going to. I'm sorry, I appreciate you coming to mention something you'd seen. It's what we need.

Apologies for the knee jerk panic about the corrupted punctuations Aurora. It does seem like that this could be linked to some of the problems and I've wondered if it is at all connected to why some threads are appearing blank to some members. I'm not technical enough to know if this could cause this kind of instability though so have just suggested removing these if you see them in a new post, not saving posts with them as doing that wiped content and locked the previous Report a Problem thread. I suspect it is also why your post stopped randomly (I assume there was more text in originally which included one of the corruptions at the point it had cut off).

I'd like to encourage members who come with a glitch to look through the items listed on the first post of the thread to see if it is already included. Some issues have been fixed and it might even provide the answer to solve your problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X