No announcement yet.

Season 4 - worth watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about the start season 4, but I gotta say I much preferred season 3 to season 2. Season 2 really irritated me because it showed Bill (with the revelation about what making a human drink a vampire's blood does, and his connection to Sophie Anne) and vampires on the whole in a lot more problematic light (they were portrayed as something akin to slave-owning aristocracy, yet the show seemed to still portray them mostly as a misunderstood minority) and because it seemed to imply, through Maryann's storyline, that humans are indeed inferior as vampires consider them to be (they're the sheep that gets easily brainwashed). Furthermore, I didn't like that Tara was brainwashed through most of the season and didn't seem to pick up on Maryann's creepiness, she should be smarter than that, and that Lafayette just wasn't around much.

Season 3 alleviated some of those concerns, since it acknowledged the frakked-up aspects of the vampires, thanks mostly to Russell, and made Sookie finally break up with Bill after realizing how manipulative and creepy he's been - even though I was disappointed when she broke up with him after he almost killed her but then they hooked up at the end of that same episode, that made it look like a farce. And Tara might have been victimized again, but she wasn't being stupid and she fought back and seemed like the smart, tough but screwed-up and vulnerable woman from season 1.

I still don't like that everyone who gets to do something important or heroic on the show is a supernatural being, but at least there's an explanation why everyone is so obsessed with Sookie. I think I liked her better in season 3, when she finally showed some backbone and told all the vampires to stuff it, than I did in the previous 2 seasons.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Just started season four and I saw episode 3 yesterday! It?s been fun and enjoyable, except for the Jason/Crystal storyline. But even though I?m enjoying it so far, I?m a bit apprehensive because the witch storyline can go awry, depending of how they work the story.

I?ll keep you posted about my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Ages View Post
        I would say the fourth season is worth watching. It was actually my favorite season. I also liked season 4 as well.

The thing about True Blood is that they introduce characters early on in the season or previous season to be a bridge or some sort of importance in the future of the story lines. You say you didn't like Tommy and he was pointless, well to me Tommy plays a big role in season 4. He shifts the life of his brother; his causes, effects Sam.

Jason is freaking great in the fourth season, I really grew to love him. In the forth season they dive into situations and relationships that you cant see coming.

I believe that people should try and separate book series from their tv series. Though its based off the books, literary agencies and television companies are two different species.

In all I suggest watching season 4.
        I just watched the entire series in a couple of weeks. It is all mixed up in my head right now. I was sorta not that crazy about 4th season as I read spoilers of the end of the relationship between BIll and Sookie and it was the only thing that made me watch the previous eps.
        I must however accept that it was forgettable fun. I got to really appreciate Eric. I am both S/B and S/E shipper as of now. If you like hot stuff go for S4. However let me warn you that the final episode ending sucks a whole lot and you will be back to this thread to rant. If I was you I wouldn't watch the final ep of the season until the new season starts or you will run the risk of leaving the whole series for good.

I agree with the amazing improvement of Jason. High time too! I wanted him dead for the first two seasons.

BTW, Sookie is such a Mary Sue in the whole series! It is starting to really bother me.

if you hate losing your time, do as I did. I started doing some knitting while watching so I could ignore it when it got stupid and got some nice stuff for my baby. I also watch it while working on my computer to ignore the TV when Sam is on screen.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, KritianaO.

I?m on episode 6 and I?m really liking it. The witch storyline is interesting and heck, even Arlene is more interesting this season. I also feel Bill is much more interesting when he?s not with Sookie. The amnesiac Eric is fun too. Jason is more interesting too. The same can?t be said about Andy and Tara. But I?m liking it so far!

Comment

Working...
          X