Lucifer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucifer

Wasn't there a Lucifer group here at one time? Just curious. I've been trying to watch the latest season and I was curious how others felt.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

I know that TriBel at one time had started one, but she's been gone for a while. I wish she'd come back and maybe we could do a rewatch!

My dad is a huge fan and he's enjoying the heck out of the new episodes. He was telling me about a musical episode (???) which I always find intriguing.

Comment

• bespangeled
      bespangeled commented
      Editing a comment
      It wasn't a musical episode like most. They were all big production numbers with large crowd choreography of recognizable songs that had nothing to do with the plot.

Yes, there's a Lucifer Appreciation Group in the Groups.

It isn't a show that has ever especially appealed to me, but I would give it a go. I'm just massively behind so many things I want to watch though, there never seems to be enough time! I think it is fairly far on in terms of the number of seasons that have already happened too.

Comment

Originally posted by American Aurora View Post
      I know that TriBel at one time had started one, but she's been gone for a while. I wish she'd come back and maybe we could do a rewatch!
      I also wish TriBel would come back! I would even be happy to try to watch some Lucifer if that would help. ("Try" because as always, time is an issue. Not "try" because I expect I won't like it.)
      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Sorry call me an old misery guts but I still can't see the attraction of this show. I guess like in Supernatural you maybe have to find the lead actor attractive or charismatic to be invested, but sadly he leaves me cold and the scripts I find incredible dull.

Comment

• Stoney
          Stoney commented
          Editing a comment
          You old misery guts.

LOL. I always am.

Comment

Not really a fan - like I said I'm struggling to get through it. I thought it might help to read some fan energy - make me see more.
          Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by bespangeled View Post
            Not really a fan - like I said I'm struggling to get through it. I thought it might help to read some fan energy - make me see more.
            I haven't seen the show, but I LOVE the character in Gaiman's Sandman series. So it is absolutely something that I'd be interested in. Since the Sandman series is coming soon to a television near you through Netflix, I wonder if they'll connect them in any way (not perhaps with the same actor, but in some way that connects the two shows and explains the difference between the two actors)

Comment

I always enjoy watching shows and discussing them. It is just a combination of whether I can get access and when I can find the time to watch. But I'm happy to give it a go if a group watch was being organised.

Comment

Originally posted by American Aurora View Post

I haven't seen the show, but I LOVE the character in Gaiman's Sandman series. So it is absolutely something that I'd be interested in. Since the Sandman series is coming soon to a television near you through Netflix, I wonder if they'll connect them in any way (not perhaps with the same actor, but in some way that connects the two shows and explains the difference between the two actors)
                I can't wait for this.

My problem with Lucifer is that main character just chews the scenery, and he has this way of opening his eyes too wide that squicks me. I was hoping the series would improve - and moving to Netflix did help for a season, but it's really too crappy for me.

I can't wait for Sandman. My daughter was a huge fan. I love Neil Gaiman.

Comment

Have you seen all the seasons through to the current one you're trying to watch bespangeled or have you been a bit hit and miss with episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                    Have you seen all the seasons through to the current one you're trying to watch bespangeled or have you been a bit hit and miss with episodes?
                    I've seen all seasons, though not in a very timely fashion. I gave up before it hit Netflix, then gave it a new try to watch the Netflix seasons. Right now I think I'm gonna do the Sabrina thing - cut my losses.

Comment

Originally posted by bespangeled View Post
                      I've seen all seasons, though not in a very timely fashion. I gave up before it hit Netflix, then gave it a new try to watch the Netflix seasons. Right now I think I'm gonna do the Sabrina thing - cut my losses.
                      Sabrina thing?? Which season is it you're abandoning then? Did you enjoy the earlier seasons far more or has it been something you've ended up just catching in fits and starts?

Comment

• bespangeled
                        bespangeled commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think I almost made it to season three, then I just gave up. It's just all over the place, and I got tired of most of the characters. If you have Netflix watch Umbrella Academy! Now that's a helluva show.

I've just finished my first watch of season 5 b.

S P O I L E R S for all seasons

I love seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 would have been better if they had cut down the number of episodes significantly. Season 4 was amazing again. Season 5a was ... okay. I thought Michael was an extremely one-dimensional villain and I was bored with him almost immediately. I was also bored with Maze switching sides and betraying everyone AGAIN. They went through this before (and before) and once again there are no repercussions for her. She backs up Michael and Lucifer is simply fine with it. Also, all the whining about not having a soul got on my nerves. And then she finally gets one and starts whining about wanting to get rid of it. Geez...

Season 5 b was a very mixed bag for me. I liked the arc with Dad/God. I thought they did a really good job with him but it was ridiculous to sell us God would simply leave the universe without caring what happened to it. It was clear there would be a lot of fighting and he didn't care at all. Dan's death was unnecessarily brutal. Lucifer singing with Ella at the funeral left me cold. And finally, all celestial beings go to war about who will rule the universe and we get a football stadium with no more than ten people on each side? Hugh? Also, flying in the air and fighting must have looked better in the imagination of the writer who came up with this idea than it did on screen. It looked like a pathetic attempt at Quidditch.

Just my two cents ;-)

flow

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                        I've just finished my first watch of season 5 b.

S P O I L E R S for all seasons

I love seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 would have been better if they had cut down the number of episodes significantly. Season 4 was amazing again. Season 5a was ... okay. I thought Michael was an extremely one-dimensional villain and I was bored with him almost immediately. I was also bored with Maze switching sides and betraying everyone AGAIN. They went through this before (and before) and once again there are no repercussions for her. She backs up Michael and Lucifer is simply fine with it. Also, all the whining about not having a soul got on my nerves. And then she finally gets one and starts whining about wanting to get rid of it. Geez...

Season 5 b was a very mixed bag for me. I liked the arc with Dad/God. I thought they did a really good job with him but it was ridiculous to sell us God would simply leave the universe without caring what happened to it. It was clear there would be a lot of fighting and he didn't care at all. Dan's death was unnecessarily brutal. Lucifer singing with Ella at the funeral left me cold. And finally, all celestial beings go to war about who will rule the universe and we get a football stadium with no more than ten people on each side? Hugh? Also, flying in the air and fighting must have looked better in the imagination of the writer who came up with this idea than it did on screen. It looked like a pathetic attempt at Quidditch.

Just my two cents ;-)

flow
                        Loving it. I got to the musical episode, and there was no reason behind it! All the songs were hits from way back, and none of them had anything to do with the story. There actually was no story except that God thought it would be fun.

And I am so tired of Lucifer mugging and overacting. Season four was really watchable - season five has been a boring mess.

Comment

Working...
                        X