No announcement yet.

Disney+ Marvel Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean American Horror story? Seriously? I don't think it's anything like that myself.

Comment

Has someone watched Episode 5 of Wandavision? I don't want to spoil anything. I'm just going to say: BOOOOOOOM!!!!!
      Oh my, this is a really great show. I loved it thus far but 5th episode is the best by far.

Comment

It was excellent wasn't it! A real game changer for the MCU.

Comment

Episode 5 was superb. I was really shocked to see Wanda emerge from the sitcom reality to warn SWORD away. I didn’t expect interaction between them until the very end.

Once again they captured the era of the sitcom, this time the 80s, so perfectly. I especially loved the “end credits” playing over Wanda and Vision’s fight (even the obligatory audience clap) as it was such a surreal juxtaposition.

Loving the tension between the two characters. Loving their sons. LOVE the reveal of Fox’s Evan’s Quicksilver in the end and very interested to see where that’s heading (though unfortunately I was spoiled for it).

I don’t trust that Agatha isn’t messing with Wanda somehow. She’s the only one who keeps slipping in and out of her character. She also seems to be manipulating Wanda a bit.

Great series. I look forward to each Friday.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

In fact, at the very least, Agnes/Agatha knows that Wanda is manipulating everyone in the town, since she has a moment of hesitation and then asks Wanda if she should redo the take. Agnes seems to be afraid of Wanda more than the other way around. My take on this is that Agnes might play the role of a kind of mentor figure for Wanda (as in fact, was her role in the original comic medium), like she is by her side somehow trying to keep an eye on her without directly stopping her, if that makes sense.

Comment

I see some of where they are going to create mutants in the MCU. Episode 6 is leading to some wild sh!t!

Comment

Yep, the doors now open for god only knows what. And I'm loving every second of it!

Comment

I know my theory is crazy, but I cannot help but thinking that eventually Wanda is gonna have a breakdown and engulf the whole Earth under her spell, creating a parallel reality. It seems unlikely, but hey, this is what happened in
                  Spoiler:
                  House of M's comic story. And maybe this would be a cool way of introducing mutants in the MCU beyond Pietro.

Spoiler:
                  At the end of that comic, Xavier takes care of Wanda. Wouldn't it be cool if the series ended with James McAvoy entering the scene promising Wanda that he can help her?

The credits revisiting Malcom in the Middle were awesome... and the customes were superb
                  Last edited by Sandman; 13-02-21, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Sandman I do think it's very likely that this is where it's all heading. It piqued my interest the moment they mentioned Rambeau's cells changing as a result of entering Wanda's reality.

However, I had also seen speculation pre-airing that both WandaVision and SpiderMan were going to be really playing with the idea of the Multiverse and that mutants were going to be introduced that way instead by having the XMEN enter the MCU pre-established from another reality.

I do like the idea of Wanda 'activating' all the mutants. My only small gripe with that is if this is how Mutants are born into the MCU then a lot of the character backstory (Wolverine, Magneto and Professor X etc) can no longer occur as they were mutants from such a young age. It creates a bit of a dilemma.

Personally I am not keen on FOX's version of the characters entering the MCU. I don't mind it as a cameo and a nod to other universes/realities but I thought FOX made a complete mess of the Xmen universe and would really prefer that the MCU starts afresh with their own versions of the characters.

Absolutely loved this episode, by the way. Loved the tribute to Malcom and the Middle, loved the characters wearing their comic book costumes for Halloween, and the ending was amazing. Such a good series.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                      I know my theory is crazy, but I cannot help but thinking that eventually Wanda is gonna have a breakdown and engulf the whole Earth under her spell, creating a parallel reality. It seems unlikely, but hey, this is what happened in
                      Spoiler:
                      House of M's comic story. And maybe this would be a cool way of introducing mutants in the MCU beyond Pietro.

Spoiler:
                      At the end of that comic, Xavier takes care of Wanda. Wouldn't it be cool if the series ended with James McAvoy entering the scene promising Wanda that he can help her?

The credits revisiting Malcom in the Middle were awesome... and the customes were superb
                      Yeah and as a big Malcolm in the middle fan I loved this brief nod towards the show. The wonderful cut away when Wanda was remembering her trick a treating in the past, with an old lady that I suspect was a nod towards the character Cloris Leachmen used to play in the show. That women was a treasure and will be much missed.

Comment

• Sandman
                        Sandman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Didn't remember her quite well. But now that I googled it, the nod makes sense

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                      Sandman I do think it's very likely that this is where it's all heading. It piqued my interest the moment they mentioned Rambeau's cells changing as a result of entering Wanda's reality.

However, I had also seen speculation pre-airing that both WandaVision and SpiderMan were going to be really playing with the idea of the Multiverse and that mutants were going to be introduced that way instead by having the XMEN enter the MCU pre-established from another reality.

I do like the idea of Wanda 'activating' all the mutants. My only small gripe with that is if this is how Mutants are born into the MCU then a lot of the character backstory (Wolverine, Magneto and Professor X etc) can no longer occur as they were mutants from such a young age. It creates a bit of a dilemma.

Personally I am not keen on FOX's version of the characters entering the MCU. I don't mind it as a cameo and a nod to other universes/realities but I thought FOX made a complete mess of the Xmen universe and would really prefer that the MCU starts afresh with their own versions of the characters.

Absolutely loved this episode, by the way. Loved the tribute to Malcom and the Middle, loved the characters wearing their comic book costumes for Halloween, and the ending was amazing. Such a good series.
                      I loved X-Men and X-Men 2. Even First Class. But I agree the franchise went downhill as more movies came out. Maybe with the exception of New Mutants. I'm not gonna say New Mutants is a great movie, but I enjoyed it a lot. Logan was ok as well, specially having in mind Wolverine's previous films I also agree that I rather wish a new cast for the X-Men than bringing back the FOX one, but the thing is Evans is already here. Both McAvoy and Fassbender are old enough to be introduced as mentor figures, and at the same time both are young enough to make a bunch of movies during a decade. Plus I think they're both good actors. Just consider them making good movies for a change I know this is not likely, but I would pick Evans, McAvoy and Fassbender and cast new actors and actress for the rest of mutants. We'll see.

I wasn't aware of the news/rumours about Wandavision merging with Spiderverse franchise somehow, but I welcome it.

Comment

This show was great but the finale has disappointed me.

There is something creepy about the way
                        Spoiler:
                        Wanda erased her kids. The conclusion is: well, it was not real, it was just magic, so I can do as a I please with my creations, because they are all product of my magic, right? Someone remembers Dawn here and can see why I have a problem with this?

Other than that, it was a great ride. Wanda costume was awesome, the Wizard of Oz references were hilarious, Agatha ended up being a great and magnificent big bad and all, generally speaking was spectacular and epic. I just have issues with the finale, for the reasons already commented. What should have been
                        Spoiler:
                        sad and emotional becomes creepy and chilling. She just do some sleep tight with the boys and then she just eliminates them. I wonder what people like Data, Dawn or "The Doctor" of ST Voyager would say about that. I just became uncomfortable with it. I wanted it to be a great moment, but it didn't worked for me.
                        Last edited by Sandman; 06-03-21, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Well considering the book she was reading and what's being set up here for the following movies Wanda's not exactly meant to come across as a true victim/ good guy in this. If you've read any of the original Marvel comics you'll know what I mean.

Personally I loved this series and though Disney were quite brave do tell a story in this way, particularly when to begin with a section of the audience had no idea what was going on and that some thought the pace was far too slow. People seem far too impatient these days.
                          Last edited by Silver1; 06-03-21, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
                            Well considering the book she was reading and what's being set up here for the following movies Wanda's not exactly meant to come across as a true victim/ good guy in this. If you've read any of the original Marvel comics you'll know what I mean.
                            You're right, it is just even with that in mind, the plot development regarding Wiccan and Speed had a troubling effect on me. Maybe it's just me.

Comment

Imo you're meant to be troubled.

Comment

Point taken
                                I just didn't think Wanda was that evil. I'm not very familiar with Wanda in comic books, although I have read some stories starring her, House of M among them.

Comment

One of the best parts of the show is they didn't back down from the nightmare hellscape Wanda had imposed on these people. Wanda skates back and forth from anti-villain to anti-hero over the course of the season and there's never really a crisis or antagonist that wasn't a threat primarily down to her own personal trauma. The journey to self-discovery is not always heroic and virtuous or have any clean answers.
                                  sigpic
                                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

Working...
                                  X