Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Magicians" S1-S4 now on Netflix - Excellent series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Magicians" S1-S4 now on Netflix - Excellent series.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_magicians/s04

* I bought the S1-S4 Blurays. Blurays and 4K Blurays are worth it simply because streaming doesn't give similar quality.

* I consider The Magicians better than Game of Thrones simply because the writing of The Magicians is much better.

I'm not sure it's comparable to BtVS, but it's possibly the best live-action TV Sci-Fi or fantasy series since BtVS.
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    0.00%
    No, but I plan to
    0.00%
    No and I don't plan to
    0.00%
    I consider "The Magicians" an excellent series
    16.67%
    I consider "The Magicans" an good series
    0.00%
    I consider "The Magicians" an okay series
    0.00%
    I consider "The Magicans" a bad series
    16.67%
    I like "The Magicans"
    16.67%
    I don't like "The Magicans"
    0.00%
    I don't know/I don't care if I like "The Magicians"
    16.67%

I'm not sure I've heard of this before but it must have been around for a while if it is four seasons on!

Comment

I watched the first few episodes but it really didn't grab me. Everyone looked about 30 years old and they are meant to be high school age. I thought the characters were all pretty dull, so I stopped watching.

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

RESPONSES TO THE TREAD:

* Supposedly, it's the SYFY channel's #1 TV series.

I only know about because of Rotten Tomatoes rating system for TV: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/browse/tv-list-3/

* They are graduate students, not high school students.

Comment

The first few episodes I saw they were starting magicians school, so I just assumed they were meant to be 16 -18 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            The first few episodes I saw they were starting magicians school, so I just assumed they were meant to be 16 -18 years old.
            It's very clear in the Pilot that Brakebills is a graduate school. If I remember correctly, Quintin Coldwater, Julia Wicker, and Julia's boyfriend are all at Columbia University and graduating and are going to graduate school.

Anyway, you obviously don't have to like it. I consider it an excellent series and one of the best since BtVS.

Comment

Sadly another one not on Canadian Netflix. I'm beginning to think Netflix is ripping us off.

"I like who I am when I'm with him. I like who we are together."

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
                Sadly another one not on Canadian Netflix. I'm beginning to think Netflix is ripping us off.
                It's not on UK Netflix either.

Comment

Working...
                X