• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardlyThere
    Buttmonkey
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
    In my view, the cast was awesome: Michelle Gomez, Lucy Davis, Kiernan Shipka, Miranda Otto, the "scoobies"... I loved them all. It should have been great, but unfortunately it became too cliché. It felt like a waste of talent to me
    The concept was ok, although not original. But the development was a major failure.
    I actually thought the Scoobies were the weakest bit of the show. It might have worked if seasons were still 22 eps so time could be given to develop them and give them storylines, but at <13 eps, I think they should have focused more on the sisters and the academy.

Comment

• Sandman
      Sunnydale High Student
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by HardlyThere View Post

I actually thought the Scoobies were the weakest bit of the show. It might have worked if seasons were still 22 eps so time could be given to develop them and give them storylines, but at <13 eps, I think they should have focused more on the sisters and the academy.
      Agreed. At first, it seemed that it would be like Buffy Scooby Gang revisited. But soon they were relegated to a secondary role, mostly because of Sabrina taking her own path into "magic" school first, and then as the
      Spoiler:
      super queen of hell
      . It gave me the impression that the writers of the show were trying that they got their own voice, separated from Sabrina, but sometimes it seemed like they didn't know what to do with some of them, specially Harvey. The plot lines concerning to them were too disperse, too scattered, and often mostly irrelevant, despite some cool concepts developed around Roz or Theo.

Comment

• Sandman
        Sandman commented
        Editing a comment
        Done! Much better now. Thanks
    • HardlyThere
      Buttmonkey
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Sandman View Post

Agreed. At first, it seemed that it would be like Buffy Scooby Gang revisited. But soon they were relegated to a secondary role, mostly because of Sabrina taking her own path into "magic" school first, and then as the
      Spoiler:
      super queen of hell
      . It gave me the impression that the writers of the show were trying that they got their own voice, separated from Sabrina, but sometimes it seemed like they didn't know what to do with some of them, specially Harvey. The plot lines concerning to them were too disperse, too scattered, and often mostly irrelevant, despite some cool concepts developed around Roz or Theo.
      So much wasted time. What even was the point of the rock band stuff? :| And the cheerleading mini-arc. And the working on her father's behalf collecting souls. That actually could have been interesting because it mixed horror and humor perfectly, but they dropped it almost immediately. Eh, well. No point in complaining. The cinematography on that show was great, such a waste.

Comment

• Sandman
        Sunnydale High Student
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by HardlyThere View Post

So much wasted time. What even was the point of the rock band stuff? :| And the cheerleading mini-arc. And the working on her father's behalf collecting souls. That actually could have been interesting because it mixed horror and humor perfectly, but they dropped it almost immediately. Eh, well. No point in complaining. The cinematography on that show was great, such a waste.
        Yeah, the band thing It's just like they were just improvising, picking at random possible plot developments for these characters and abandoning them the day after.

Comment

Working...
        X