• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Premiere on October 26th on Netflix. Trailer:

https://youtu.be/yha-GOvM_6c

IMDb:
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7569592/

Am I the only one who sees a lot of Buffy here?
    I mean mostly the supernatural stuff. But also the images. I've imagined this with some Buffy actors on the credits

Think I'll watch this.
    Last edited by Sandman; 17-09-18, 12:04 AM.

I'll definitely watch the first episode. All teen supernatural shows make me think of Buffy, but so far I've never seen one as good Maybe Sabrina and her adventures will be, but I'm not holding my breath. As long as it's not absolute drivel, I'll probably keep watching

Comment

I don't expect something astonishing either. But this kind of themes for a show are automatically caught by my radar

Comment

'From the executive produsers of Riverdale". My interest for it was alive for like 20 seconds.

Comment

I've never seen Riverdale, would anyone recommend it? I know it's really popular

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            I've never seen Riverdale, would anyone recommend it? I know it's really popular
            I wouldn't recommend it, but wouldn't discourage from watching it either. It's cheesy and cringy and even fans seemingly think that writing is outright bad and nonsensical. But people are still watching it. It's become too much for me, but you can give it a shot as it could work for you. At least first season is somewhat coherent. Somewhat...

P.S. Lots of very good looking people in it.
            Last edited by Alce; 18-09-18, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alce View Post
              I wouldn't recommend it, but wouldn't discourage from watching it either. It's cheesy and cringy and even fans seemingly think that writing is outright bad and nonsensical. But people are still watching it. It's become too much for me, but you can give it a shot as it could work for you. At least first season is somewhat coherent. Somewhat...

I do like a good looking actor, there are so few of them around

Seriously I'd much prefer some coherent and interesting writing. I hope Sabrina doesn't get too silly too soon

Comment

Originally posted by Alce View Post

I didn't see Riverdale either, but based on this, I'd say this is not my cup of tea

Comment

I was disappointed that it was by the same people as Riverdale as well but I keep reminding myself that it doesn't necessarily mean much. I mean, Alan Ball wrote both Six Feet Under and True Blood and whilst I did like True Blood it certainly wasn't remotely of the same quality as Six Feet Under. And then there's Joss Whedon who created my favourite show of all time but I was never that enamoured with Firefly, I liked Dollhouse but it doesn't remotely compare to Buffy, and his pilot episode for Agent of Shield was awful.

So it's entirely possible that Sabrina will be a completely different animal to Riverdale. For one thing, it's a Netflix original as opposed to a CW show. From what I've seen in the trailer the cinematography is also amazing and the subject matter certainly interests me far more than Riverdale. I'm willing to give it a shot.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I agree with Vampmogs! I dislike Riverdale after trying to watch it several times but the show is so badly written I fail to finish the season everytime but Sabrina looks cool from it's production value to it's darkness (judging the trailer) so I'm kinda stoked. Plus It's more Netflix and less the CW so maybe there's a vast difference!

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

I'll give it a whirl. As Josh said, hopefully just being on Netflix will make it better than being on CW.

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Riverdale is popular, according to what? https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/c...eason-ratings/

I still have some series to catch up on. I hear Altered Carbon is great.

Comment

I've seen a another trailer and it's looking good. I tried to watch an episode of Riverdale and just couldn't get into it. Should I give it another go? Same with Altered Carbon which looked like a bit of a mess.

Comment

The new trailer looked brilliant. The cinematography is amazing and the way it bounced between drama, comedy, action and horror in the trailer reminded me a little of Buffy. I really hope this is as good as it looks.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* This new trailer is better, but I hope the acting of the Mad Men girl improves. Her name is Kiernan Shipka.

It's weird that she's not listed first in the actors list on IMDb: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7569592/?ref_=nv_sr_1 .

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
                                  All caught up.

* This new trailer is better, but I hope the acting of the Mad Men girl improves. Her name is Kiernan Shipka.

It's weird that she's not listed first in the actors list on IMDb: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7569592/?ref_=nv_sr_1 .
                                  I have to agree. I didn't much like her performance on Mad Men, but I put it down to her young age. I do hope it's improved.

I don't think she's first on the cast list because she's not the first character we see. Is this perhaps usual for an un-aired show when, although she's the title character, she may or may not be the 'lead'?

Comment

* I consider Kiernan Shipka's acting https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2215143/?ref_=tt_cl_t9 is great in Mad Men , but that's the only thing I've seen her in.

I'll probably check out this series. The second Season of Castlevania and Medici: Masters of Florence is coming out in October, so, time to renew my Netflix subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                      I don't think she's first on the cast list because she's not the first character we see. Is this perhaps usual for an un-aired show when, although she's the title character, she may or may not be the 'lead'?
                                      I don't think that there is any hidden meaning in that. They've just used alphabetical order for all main characters. I think it's quite common for an ensemble without apparent "stars".

Comment

2nd trailer's kinda iffy. Half makes it look sorta similar to Sabrina. Other half looks kinda dark.

Comment

Working...
                                        X