Marvel Shows on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel Shows on Netflix

Recently marathoned season 2 of Luke Cage. Did anyone else see it? What do you guys think of the other shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Punisher, The Defenders, Iron Fist)?

I'm going to watch Season 2 of Luke Cage. I enjoyed the first season but didn't think it was great. Except for the music, which was outstanding.

My favourite of these shows is Jessica Jones. I loved the first season but felt the second was a bit meandering, though still better than a lot of shows on tv. I also enjoyed the Defenders, but thought Daredevil was really dull and I could only manange two episodes of Iron First, because it was absolutely terrible. Awful. The script was embarrassing.

Comment

Only seen the pilot of Iron Fist. Agree, it's bad. Disagree about DareDevil, tho. Probably my fave of the bunch. Jessica Jones would probably be 2nd.

Comment

I'm still to see season 2 of Luke Cage. I hope it's better than season 1, which had promise, but was a mixed bag.

The only bad shows have been Iron Fist (hopefully it improves) and The Defenders (disappointing), and both had the same poorly written villain.

My ranking so far..
        Jessica Jones season 1 and Daredevil season 1 (with Steven S. De Knight as showrunner) were both absolutely fantastic. 10/10
        The Punisher season 1 and Jessica Jones season 2 may have felt slightly slow at times, but were really great, character oriented and atmospheric, and have renewed my faith in the Netflix Marvel universe.
        Daredevil season 2 had a fantastic first half and a less great second half - due mostly to a poor villain.
        Luke Cage season 1 had similar problems (but Daredevil season 2 was still stronger overall).
        The Defenders had good character interactions, but poor plot and antagonists and was overall a disappointment.
        Iron Fist wasn't terrible as people made it out to be (it looks like a masterpiece next to Inhumans), but it was still pretty underwhelming. I only really enjoyed one character's subplot.
        You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Just watched the first two eps of Luke Cage S2 and it's an improvement on S1, it's showing more depth and character movement. One thing that hasn't changed is the absolutely fantastic music. Whoever is choosing the music for this show deserves some sort of award, it's just that good.

Comment

I'm afraid I didn't think much of any of them, but then as Marvel characters go I was never invested in them in the comics, ie Luke Cage.

The only Marvel TV show I think that works and has the true feel of the source material is Legion, which imo blows everything off of the page these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
              I'm afraid I didn't think much of any of them, but then as Marvel characters go I was never invested in them in the comics, ie Luke Cage.

The only Marvel TV show I think that works and has the true feel of the source material is Legion, which imo blows everything off of the page these days.
              To each their own. I haven't seen season 2 yet so maybe Legion has improved,, but based on season 1, I thought it was an interesting and quite original show with its psychedelic style and retro look and music, but also that it was quite overrated. It had underdeveloped secondary characters and essentially very simple story stretched over 8 episodes through a lot of stylish fantasy sequences. It's not particularly deep and it feels like a case of style being prioritised over substance. I definitely rate it much lower than Jessica Jones and the first 1.5 seasons of Daredevil, considerably lower than season 4 of Agents of SHIELD - which aired the sane year, and I also liked season 1 of Agent Carter and The Punisher better. We'll see how Cloak and Dagger goes, I liked the first 3 episodes (still haven't had time to see ep 4), but so far it's been using fantasy scenes really well without being over-indulgent.
              You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

I definitely rate it much lower than Jessica Jones and the first 1.5 seasons of Daredevil, considerably lower than season 4 of Agents of SHIELD
                Jesus christ, seriously? Imo Agents of shield is embarrassing pants that imo should have been cancelled years back. At least someones going to finally put it out of my misery soon. But hey, "horses for courses".

Did like Agent Carter and It was a shame they cancelled It because I thought It was the best out of the bunch myself.

Call It overrated or not but Legion has been praised by the critics many times and I think rightly so. The writing is excellent. The photography is stunning and It feels like a true comic book creation.
                Last edited by Silver1; 25-06-18, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Jesus christ, seriously? Imo Agents of shield is embarrassing pants that imo should have been cancelled years back. At least someones going to finally put it out of my misery soon. But hey, "horses for courses".
                  Your misery? What, are you still watching it and hating it?
                  Bad news for you, then Well, not news since it happened more than a month ago, but it's been renewed for season 6 - a shortened season, but that's still 13 episodes.

Did like Agent Carter and It was a shame they cancelled It because I thought It was the best out of the bunch myself.

Call It overrated or not but Legion has been praised by the critics many times and I think rightly so. The writing is excellent. The photography is stunning and It feels like a true comic book creation.
                  Eh, using the critics as an authority on quality is a double-edged sword (people do it only when they agree with the majority of the critics, and don't when they disagree). But if you're gonna do it, well, all Marvel shows except for Inhumans and Iron Fist have been praised by critics. And Agents of SHIELD has a better Rotten Tomatoes score (95%) than Legion (89%) - in fact, at the moment, AoS has the best RT score of all Marvel shows. (I actually am wondering what they were smoking if AoS season 5 has 100%, more than season 4 even - which is insane, because the last third of season 5 was really disappointing while season 4 was amazing, but it's probably based on to few reviews as it says"no consensus yet", and some of those may just be based on the first part of the season, the same way that Luke Cage season 1 was somehow the best rated season of a Marvel show for a while, because it was mostly based on critics previewing the first 4 episodes. That may explain why The Defenders has as much as 75%, as its first half was quite good, and then it fell apart in the second half.)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/franc...matic_universe
                  https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/ma...f_s_h_i_e_l_d_
                  https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/legion
                  https://www.rottentomatoes.com/franchise/x_men

Anyway, it's not like I don't think Legion is a good or interesting show. I just think it gets overpraised because it's very flashy and enjoys showing off its fantasy sequences, as if it's screaming "look how cool and original I am!"

Agent Carter season 1 was really good, but season 2 was disappointing in quite a few ways. Not bad, just... I expected more, and the finale was pretty underwhelming. It's not often that shows maintain the same quality throughout, especially if they're long and have many episodes per season. AoS certainly goes up and down a lot even within a season (when it's good, it's really good, but then sometimes the writers bite more than they are ready to chew, as in the second half of season 5), Daredevil went down halfway through season 2 when they introduced
                  Spoiler:
                  the Hand
                  ... I thought season 2 of Jessica Jones was great, but it seems a lot of people think it was too slow or whatever.
                  Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 25-06-18, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I just think it gets overpraised because it's very flashy and enjoys showing off its fantasy sequences, as if it's screaming "look how cool and original I am!
                    You keep thinking that then.

but it's been renewed for season 6 - a shortened season
                    Thats what I was referring too. Then It will be binned for good.

Comment

I have to defend Agents of Shield it's not the best show on tv, but it's interesting and entertaining and I have become attached to the characters. I could say the same for Legion, apart from liking the characters. None of them appeal to me at all, and I find that stops me loving the show.

I've seen the first two episodes of Cloak and Dagger and was no impressed. The story was cliched and the performances were average. There wasn't enough to keep my interest.

Comment

I was considering doing Cloak and Dagger because Olivia Holt is the star. I grew up with her on Disney Channel. But reviews have not been good at all, and I don't want to be disappointed.
                        Hello cutie

Comment

Originally posted by Fool for Buffy View Post
                          I was considering doing Cloak and Dagger because Olivia Holt is the star. I grew up with her on Disney Channel. But reviews have not been good at all, and I don't want to be disappointed.
                          Relying on some random review to tell you if you'll like something is not a good idea. It's much better to see it for yourself.
                          I've enjoyed Cloak and Dagger so far (haven't seen episode 4 yet).

This year, for instance, one of the best shows I've seen was The Alienist, and that show had mixed reviews. What was the big complaint the critics kept repeating? Any actual weakness of the plot, characters, writing, acting, cinematography, anything? No, it was "In the last few years there have already been a few dark dramas set in the 19th century". Um, who cares?!

Comment

I feel like such an anomaly but I really enjoyed Iron Fist, more so than Luke cage or daredevil. Jessica jones S1 was way better than S2. Defenders was great.

"I like who I am when I'm with him. I like who we are together."

Comment

You keep thinking that then.

Thats what I was referring too. Then It will be binned for good.

Or maybe it won't. Disney is pretty intent on keeping it. And it's going to have its own streaming service next. These days every show with a fanbase quickly gets picked up even when it's cancelled by a network.

I'm still not sure why that's of concern to you. Are you watching it?

Comment

Oh god love believe me I'm not. I gave up towards the end of the second season. I know someone who still is and who used to be keen on it, but even she is now giving it the heave ho.

Comment

Oh god love believe me I'm not. I gave up towards the end of the second season. I know someone who still is and who used to be keen on it, but even she is now giving it the heave ho.
                                  So, in that case, I'm not sure what exactly you're basing any opinions on season 4 on, since you haven't seen it at all and, I'm guessing, don't even know anything about it, except maybe if your friend liked it or not?

Comment

I was brought up on Marvel comics, but I must admit I was never a the Shield fan, although from what I remember apart from the whole Hydra arc the TV series bares very little resemblance to the comics series.

But then when it comes to TV shows I like complex, otherwise I'd be watching Arrow and legends of flaming tomorrow.

Comment

Legends of Tomorrow is good! It's low brow, obviously aimed at kids, but it's still fun, and Caity Lotz as Sara Lance is fantastic.

Comment

It's low brow, obviously aimed at kids
                                        And thats why I don't watch it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X