Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joss Sci-Fi Drama The Nevers Ordered at HBO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney There's nothing that really grabs me about this. It seems like a very 90's style show. Its obviously got the Whedonisms with the good looking quippy heroine that likes to fight.
    I've seen it called X-men with frock coats which seems apt.
    Last edited by BtVS fan; 24-03-21, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post
      Stoney There's nothing that really grabs me about this. It seems like a very 90's style show. Its obviously got the Whedonisms with the good looking quippy heroine that likes to fight.
      I've seen it called X-men with frock coats which seems apt.
      I would agree it doesn't seem to have much original about it. But I tend to like this premise and it looks visually interesting in tone/style, so I'll probably enjoy it enough to keep watching.

Comment

• Entertainment Weekly article on The Nevers and Joss Whedon:

The Nevers stars on working with Joss Whedon | EW.com

Comment

• DC Comics used to have a comics line called "Elseworlds" which set their characters in different times. It was kicked off by Gotham by Gaslight where a Victorian-era Batman fights Jack the Ripper.

This looks like an Elseworlds: X-Men (or New Mutants) by Gaslight.

Comment

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            Well from what you've said before in the rewatch threads, Joss seems to be pretty heavily inspired by comic characters/stories.

• Originally posted by PuckRobin View Post
          Entertainment Weekly article on The Nevers and Joss Whedon:

The Nevers stars on working with Joss Whedon | EW.com

Obviously, there's been a lot of talk about working with Joss Whedon recently. What was your personal experience of working with Joss?

SKELLY: I loved working with Joss. I found him to be a lovely boss and director, he was very open. I felt he cared a lot for the actors and the crew. It was definitely one of my favorite on-set experiences for sure.

DONNELLY: From my personal experience, it was the best screen, film or TV, experience that I've had on any set. From my point of view, he always felt very supportive and protective of the artistic integrity and what we as actors needed in order to be able to do our job. One of the great things was the way that trickled down. I've never worked on a show that has a cast and a crew that all seem to be so at the top of their game and who are all so lovely and I say that without a single exception. They have just been such a joy to work with and I'm so thrilled that the vast majority we'll be back with later this year doing the rest of the series because it's been one of the best experiences of my career.

SKELLY: Everyone would show up to work happy to be there, ready to go. That is a very contagious feeling. It was a very positive energy.

What was your reaction to Joss' decision to leave the show? Were you blindsided by it?

DONNELLY: We found out at the same time as everybody else did when it was announced from HBO. I was certainly gutted. I was going to miss him a lot — he was our captain. But at the same time, he left for personal reasons and you can't argue with that. People have to look after themselves, they gotta look after their families, they gotta look after their mental well-being. These are all the conversations that we're having at the moment and it's really important that that happens. I wouldn't want it to be any other way for him.

SKELLY: I found out the same way and I was really sad. I'll miss him going back to work, but I am very trusting in who we have leading the show now, Philippa Goslett. I've had a couple of Zoom meetings at this point and she's really made me feel very comforted that the show is in her hands and HBO trusts her immensely. I think she'll continue on [in] that really positive atmosphere. She does have creative control, so it's going to be her spin on things. Though the tone has been set and the world has been created, I think it will make a lovely impact for a woman to continue that on.

Comment

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            Synch , the previous three posts are just showing as missing pics. Are you struggling to upload something? I'm intending to delete those posts unless it is something you want to 'fix'.

• Stoney Thats weird, I can see them! I guess the problem come from the dropbox account I'm using to download these pics. Please delete it and I will try to upload agaon from imdb site, thank you!!

Comment

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            I've done that. You can always use the upload options under your posting box to place them on the site perhaps.
        Working...
        X