Life is Strange Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is Strange Remastered

So whose already played this game and whose going to get the remastered edition ?

Trailer
    https://youtu.be/EV0zSoy0yuw

Comment

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post
      So whose already played this game and whose going to get the remastered edition ?
      I've played the game and got the remaster with my "True Colors" purchase, but have only barely touched it. I know there have been some technical problems with it that Deck Nine (the studio that oversaw the remasters and developed the most recent sequel) are going to patch and that's frustrated some, almost like a mini-Cyberpunk situation.

But I would recommend it to anyone, the original Life is Strange is one of the most emotionally moving and enriching narrative experiences of my entire life, top 5 I'd say, and owes a heavy debt to "Buffy" among other properties.

EDIT: I can't emphasize enough how highly I'd recommend playing these games in release order, though. Don't get all linear and chronological just because a prequel exists.
      sigpic
      Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post

I've played the game and got the remaster with my "True Colors" purchase, but have only barely touched it. I know there have been some technical problems with it that Deck Nine (the studio that oversaw the remasters and developed the most recent sequel) are going to patch and that's frustrated some, almost like a mini-Cyberpunk situation.

But I would recommend it to anyone, the original Life is Strange is one of the most emotionally moving and enriching narrative experiences of my entire life, top 5 I'd say, and owes a heavy debt to "Buffy" among other properties.

EDIT: I can't emphasize enough how highly I'd recommend playing these games in release order, though. Don't get all linear and chronological just because a prequel exists.
        I'm playing it now. Three are a couple of glitches but nothing that distracts from the enjoyment of the game.
        I'm in the 4th Chapter with Max going in back in time to save Chloe dad then having to change it again after what seeing what happened to Chloe which is super dark and so sad .
        Have to say at first I really disliked Chloe but now I'm warming up to her. It's obvious Max is in love with her and I don't know why the writers didn't go all out and have them in a relationship.

When you played it the second time did you make the same choice as the first time for the ending ?

I'll play the Prequel after this but Iv been told by a friend that 2 isnt worth getting bht that the latest is enjoyable. I will get that but might wait for the price to go down first.

Comment

I'm playing it now. Three are a couple of glitches but nothing that distracts from the enjoyment of the game.
          I'm in the 4th Chapter with Max going in back in time to save Chloe dad then having to change it again after what seeing what happened to Chloe which is super dark and so sad .
          Have to say at first I really disliked Chloe but now I'm warming up to her. It's obvious Max is in love with her and I don't know why the writers didn't go all out and have them in a relationship.

When you played it the second time did you make the same choice as the first time for the ending ?

I'll play the Prequel after this but Iv been told by a friend that 2 isnt worth getting bht that the latest is enjoyable. I will get that but might wait for the price to go down first.
          2 is worth playing, but no it's not as good for reasons I'd happily discuss at length.

Ep 4 huh? yeah that's a rough start. But, hey, it can't get any rougher than that, right?

EDIT: I've played LIS through a handful of times, and what I'd consider my 'platinum' run (not so-named for trophying but rather for headcanon perfection) some, a lot even, choices were the same, but others are different. There are a couple of character arcs that are very different based on choices. To say the least. Less than the least, lol.

Yes, Chloe is a whole lot early on but it's obvious what the feelings are, especially if you've been doing your diligence and reading Max's journal and texts. I personally think it was very likely that
          Spoiler:
          Chloe had feelings for her before Max moved away, although I imagine it's something Max only figures out for herself during this journey
          Last edited by KingofCretins; 04-02-22, 08:12 PM.
          sigpic
          Banner by LRae12

Comment

2 is worth playing, but no it's not as good for reasons I'd happily discuss at length.

Ep 4 huh? yeah that's a rough start. But, hey, it can't get any rougher than that, right?

EDIT: I've played LIS through a handful of times, and what I'd consider my 'platinum' run (not so-named for trophying but rather for headcanon perfection) some, a lot even, choices were the same, but others are different. There are a couple of character arcs that are very different based on choices. To say the least. Less than the least, lol.

Yes, Chloe is a whole lot early on but it's obvious what the feelings are, especially if you've been doing your diligence and reading Max's journal and texts. I personally think it was very likely that
            Spoiler:
            Chloe had feelings for her before Max moved away, although I imagine it's something Max only figures out for herself during this journey
            I'd be interested in your thoughts

Damn 😭😭
            I sacrificed Chloe. I couldn't let thousands die plus its what she wanted and she didn't want her mother to die. But damn it's still so sad 😢

Comment

I'd be interested in your thoughts

Damn 😭😭
              I sacrificed Chloe. I couldn't let thousands die plus its what she wanted and she didn't want her mother to die. But damn it's still so sad 😢
              Nope, not I. Never in life. I've done this in lengths ranging from 100 words to 1500 words probably, but I'll go the shorter version:

Spoiler:
              1) moral culpability - Max would be intentionally taking a life to use her power to send Chloe back into the path of a bullet, whereas even in the least favorable interpretation of the storm it's a tragic accident for which she carries no moral fault.
              2) leaving aside Max's blamelessness, the equities to me still favor Chloe here; any or all of the people in the town might be killed by the storm; Chloe will be killed by the gunshot (notwithstanding the noncanon and cancelled "hospital ending"). I can't intentionally kill someone to stop bad things that might happen, to just reduce the risk to another person. Peel it back far enough and it almost plays like ritual human sacrifice
              3) I couldn't ever consider it on such a thin theory. I don't think the game lifts with its knees trying to build the justification here, there are so many uncontrolled factors to why it wouldn't work, and I'd never consider killing Chloe on the hope it might help with the storm. Indeed, there's a very sound interpetation by which she should have come back from the bathroom to find the storm still there, but just a little bigger and nastier

Also there's some huge plot contradictions in the "BAY" ending (you'll find the fandom names these branching endings "BAY" or "BAE" for reasons obvious).

But funny thing is, on all those grounds, I'd have saved Chloe even if she were a total stranger. When you're in love with her, as I imagine Max to be? Forget it. Plus, how could she ever look Joyce in the eye again? Joyce would never forgive her.

A big inspiration to me? Buffy, "The Gift"

That said, I cried watching both and the fact of the choosing - facile as Philosophy 101 thought it all is - is definitely a big reason it's such a memorable experience.

Highly recommend watching this exceptional YouTube essay/review of the game if you find yourself engrossed enough to want more content.

EDIT: Fun fact - literally every time I link that video for someone I end up watching it over.
              Last edited by KingofCretins; 04-02-22, 11:30 PM.
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

• BtVS fan
                BtVS fan commented
                Editing a comment
                Regards the Gift I thought it was a major cop out of that choice of saving people or Dawn by suddenly having Buffy being able to close the portal

Nope, not I. Never in life. I've done this in lengths ranging from 100 words to 1500 words probably, but I'll go the shorter version:

Spoiler:
              1) moral culpability - Max would be intentionally taking a life to use her power to send Chloe back into the path of a bullet, whereas even in the least favorable interpretation of the storm it's a tragic accident for which she carries no moral fault.
              2) leaving aside Max's blamelessness, the equities to me still favor Chloe here; any or all of the people in the town might be killed by the storm; Chloe will be killed by the gunshot (notwithstanding the noncanon and cancelled "hospital ending"). I can't intentionally kill someone to stop bad things that might happen, to just reduce the risk to another person. Peel it back far enough and it almost plays like ritual human sacrifice
              3) I couldn't ever consider it on such a thin theory. I don't think the game lifts with its knees trying to build the justification here, there are so many uncontrolled factors to why it wouldn't work, and I'd never consider killing Chloe on the hope it might help with the storm. Indeed, there's a very sound interpetation by which she should have come back from the bathroom to find the storm still there, but just a little bigger and nastier

Also there's some huge plot contradictions in the "BAY" ending (you'll find the fandom names these branching endings "BAY" or "BAE" for reasons obvious).

But funny thing is, on all those grounds, I'd have saved Chloe even if she were a total stranger. When you're in love with her, as I imagine Max to be? Forget it. Plus, how could she ever look Joyce in the eye again? Joyce would never forgive her.

A big inspiration to me? Buffy, "The Gift"

That said, I cried watching both and the fact of the choosing - facile as Philosophy 101 thought it all is - is definitely a big reason it's such a memorable experience.

Highly recommend watching this exceptional YouTube essay/review of the game if you find yourself engrossed enough to want more content.

EDIT: Fun fact - literally every time I link that video for someone I end up watching it over.
              The game can be a bit questionable when it comes to Max powers. For example them not working when it comes to trying to save Kate is very convenient. But the intent was to say Max is responsible for the storm I believe.

Well with the sacrifice ending, which Chloe asked for you see Max get a form of peace at the very end. It also goes with the theme of the game that she can't change everything. Shown with her saving Chloes Dads life only to have to go back and let him die because of the effect it caused.

Interesting that they are doing a TV series though, in which case they are going to HAVE to choose an ending for that they can't put it off.

I just wish they'd done a Sequel (though I appreciate the work in basically doing 2 Games would be huge) or at least have a cameo in another game and you choose the option of which choice you'd picked previously.

Iv seen a few . I saw this one which I'd recommend back
              https://youtu.be/bbD-CH9SWf8

I'd interested in your thoughts Life is Strange 2 and the Prequel. I'll play the Prequel but I don't plan to do 2 so you can spoil it as much as you want.
              I'm tempted to get Colours the latest game but I'll wait for the price to go down first
              Last edited by BtVS fan; 05-02-22, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• KingofCretins
                KingofCretins commented
                Editing a comment
                For me, "The Gift" parallel starts and finishes with the clarity of her resolve - "the last things he'll see is me protecting her".

The game can be a bit questionable when it comes to Max powers. For example them not working when it comes to trying to save Kate is very convenient. But the intent was to say Max is responsible for the storm I believe.
              I never had any real issue with Max's power fritzing there, despite it being an obvious contrivance for the sake of creating permanent stakes to the scene. To me, it made perfect sense she popped the circuit breaker on them when she pulled a hard time stop.

Well with the sacrifice ending, which Chloe asked for you see Max get a form of peace at the very end. It also goes with the theme of the game that she can't change everything. Shown with her saving Chloes Dads life only to have to go back and let him die because of the effect it caused.
              From a narrative standpoint I object that they think the correct way to demonstrate that you can't change things and have to let go, it literally to change things again and not let go of the idea that you can, in fact, "fix everything". Which walks sidelong into a fundamental plot error - it shouldn't even be possible for that plan to work, since she can't and doesn't ever actually "undo" anything.

A) she never gets back "in front" of her original use of the power; the photo she gave Chloe and that Chloe gave back to her was taken from that time in the bathroom when Chloe didn't get shot, and only to that point may it help her travel
              B) she is still relying on knowledge of the future and basing her actions on it in the BAY ending just as she did when she saved her, so why should it.

With never having undone all use of her power or reliance on its effects, all that's left is Chloe herself living or dying, but... the storm also doesn't seem to care if she's alive or dead so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interesting that they are doing a TV series though, in which case they are going to HAVE to choose an ending for that they can't put it off.
              I very much hope that a TV series opts to just yeet those endings in favor of a third ending, or goes for something a little more Umbrella Academy. Assuming they ever make it. I think it could adapt very well. If they need to pick a game ending, it's got to be BAE, because it's just... more interesting. There's a lot more questions going down the road with that pickup truck. When they made a comic follow-up (licensed, but not officially 'canonical'), it followed the BAE ending as well. That's the trade off for the ending that pretty much ties a bow on the whole plot, is there's not really much left to say.

I just wish they'd done a Sequel (though I appreciate the work in basically doing 2 Games would be huge) or at least have a cameo in another game and you choose the option of which choice you'd picked previously.

Iv seen a few . I saw this one which I'd recommend back
              https://youtu.be/bbD-CH9SWf8

I'd interested in your thoughts Life is Strange 2 and the Prequel. I'll play the Prequel but I don't plan to do 2 so you can spoil it as much as you want.
              I'm tempted to get Colours the latest game but I'll wait for the price to go down first
              They are abusive enough that they have yet to just let us have a proper follow-up but they also did finally cave to fan pressure and contrive a way to "update" the player in LIS 2's last episode.
              Spoiler:
              You stumble as the LIS 2 characters - who have no knowledge of or connection to Max and Chloe - on a small desert community in Arizona where you meet a now pony-tailed David Madsen living alone, and between dialogue and discoverable objects the player will learn how things lay after either ending.

BAY ending - he and Joyce have divorced following Chloe's death, although I don't think there's a deep dive into why. Presumably a combination of the loss and also of David's (fair or not) having failed to uncover the various malign conspiracies within the school that contributed to it. Nathan only got 5 years despite having two bodies on him, presumably as a cooperating witness against J.

BAE ending - you learn that Victoria survived and (although the logic is a little questionable) was canonically kidnapped by Jefferson when Max and Chloe didn't spring his trap at all, and was in the Dark Room when David and the cops came to arrest him and was rescued; all survived the storm there as it was originally a storm shelter. Her parents, however, were killed. There is no specific reference to other supporting characters but the continued-albeit-dubious assertion in the game is of near total loss. BUT... David and Chloe are also established to have reconciled their relationship and the true prize, the tear-bursting gem for most of us, was a photo of Max and Chloe taken at the community on a recent visit. Max's hair is a little longer, her expression a little haunted; Chloe's hair is longer, worn down, and now dyed green; she has also blacked over most of her half-sleeve tattoo although we're offered no insight into this. He is overheard talking to Chloe on the phone (we get only his end) but establishes that she and Max are touring the country trying to exhibit Max's photography.

Worth noting, this is set at that point in summer of 2017, so just under four years would have passed since the events of the first game.

How much you enjoy the main plot of LIS 2 is going to have a lot to do with how unsubtle you prefer your sociopolitical commentary, whether you think you'll enjoy a de facto parenting sim, and if you think LIS woud be as fun if you, the player, did not actually have the superpower. But it does carry a lot of innovation to the game design mechanically, some of which are later incorporated by LIS:TC. Which I do recommend. It's not nearly as involved as LIS but it knows where the feels button is, and if you were caught up in wholesome earnestness of the first game, you will be with TC as well most likely.

sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

• BtVS fan
                BtVS fan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I don't get why Nathan would only get 5 years especially as he killed Rachel that wasn't J ?

I never had any real issue with Max's power fritzing there, despite it being an obvious contrivance for the sake of creating permanent stakes to the scene. To me, it made perfect sense she popped the circuit breaker on them when she pulled a hard time stop.

From a narrative standpoint I object that they think the correct way to demonstrate that you can't change things and have to let go, it literally to change things again and not let go of the idea that you can, in fact, "fix everything". Which walks sidelong into a fundamental plot error - it shouldn't even be possible for that plan to work, since she can't and doesn't ever actually "undo" anything.

A) she never gets back "in front" of her original use of the power; the photo she gave Chloe and that Chloe gave back to her was taken from that time in the bathroom when Chloe didn't get shot, and only to that point may it help her travel
              B) she is still relying on knowledge of the future and basing her actions on it in the BAY ending just as she did when she saved her, so why should it.

With never having undone all use of her power or reliance on its effects, all that's left is Chloe herself living or dying, but... the storm also doesn't seem to care if she's alive or dead so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I very much hope that a TV series opts to just yeet those endings in favor of a third ending, or goes for something a little more Umbrella Academy. Assuming they ever make it. I think it could adapt very well. If they need to pick a game ending, it's got to be BAE, because it's just... more interesting. There's a lot more questions going down the road with that pickup truck. When they made a comic follow-up (licensed, but not officially 'canonical'), it followed the BAE ending as well. That's the trade off for the ending that pretty much ties a bow on the whole plot, is there's not really much left to say.

They are abusive enough that they have yet to just let us have a proper follow-up but they also did finally cave to fan pressure and contrive a way to "update" the player in LIS 2's last episode.
              Spoiler:
              You stumble as the LIS 2 characters - who have no knowledge of or connection to Max and Chloe - on a small desert community in Arizona where you meet a now pony-tailed David Madsen living alone, and between dialogue and discoverable objects the player will learn how things lay after either ending.

BAY ending - he and Joyce have divorced following Chloe's death, although I don't think there's a deep dive into why. Presumably a combination of the loss and also of David's (fair or not) having failed to uncover the various malign conspiracies within the school that contributed to it. Nathan only got 5 years despite having two bodies on him, presumably as a cooperating witness against J.

BAE ending - you learn that Victoria survived and (although the logic is a little questionable) was canonically kidnapped by Jefferson when Max and Chloe didn't spring his trap at all, and was in the Dark Room when David and the cops came to arrest him and was rescued; all survived the storm there as it was originally a storm shelter. Her parents, however, were killed. There is no specific reference to other supporting characters but the continued-albeit-dubious assertion in the game is of near total loss. BUT... David and Chloe are also established to have reconciled their relationship and the true prize, the tear-bursting gem for most of us, was a photo of Max and Chloe taken at the community on a recent visit. Max's hair is a little longer, her expression a little haunted; Chloe's hair is longer, worn down, and now dyed green; she has also blacked over most of her half-sleeve tattoo although we're offered no insight into this. He is overheard talking to Chloe on the phone (we get only his end) but establishes that she and Max are touring the country trying to exhibit Max's photography.

Worth noting, this is set at that point in summer of 2017, so just under four years would have passed since the events of the first game.

How much you enjoy the main plot of LIS 2 is going to have a lot to do with how unsubtle you prefer your sociopolitical commentary, whether you think you'll enjoy a de facto parenting sim, and if you think LIS woud be as fun if you, the player, did not actually have the superpower. But it does carry a lot of innovation to the game design mechanically, some of which are later incorporated by LIS:TC. Which I do recommend. It's not nearly as involved as LIS but it knows where the feels button is, and if you were caught up in wholesome earnestness of the first game, you will be with TC as well most likely.

I will play the Prequel as it came with the remastered edition though I know it retroactivly makes Max look bad by literally having her not tell Chloe (she finds out by a 3rd party) she's leaving, then leave at her Dads funeral, I mean she couldn't even stay for the goddam wake I mean WTF then just leave a tape for Chloe to play and then literally ignore Chloes texts. There is one Chloe texts at 2 am in the morning just saying Max, I mean my god she couldn't have responded to that

No wonder Chloe is so angry in the first game I would be too

Now I don't know if its the same writers as LiS but Max was definitely thrown under the Bus with that.

Personally I just saw this on YouTube as im not going to play LIS 2
              This is a video of both endings in LIS2 that you talked about In 1 David speaks to Chloe and that picture of Chloe with Max With her hair changed is cool.
              The other is him on the phone to Joyce

https://youtu.be/gFTfna3blpc

I do think the game writers were a bit cowardly over Max and Chloe. Otoh they were saying they were more than just Besties but that it was love otoh it was done in such a way that its very easy for the audience that wants to, to simply dismiss that. They should be more courageous there I think
              Last edited by BtVS fan; 05-02-22, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I will play the Prequel as it came with the remastered edition though I know it retroactivly makes Max look bad by literally having her not tell Chloe (she finds out by a 3rd party) she's leaving, then leave at her Dads funeral, I mean she couldn't even stay for the goddam wake I mean WTF then just leave a tape for Chloe to play and then literally ignore Chloes texts. There is one Chloe texts at 2 am in the morning just saying Max, I mean my god she couldn't have responded to that

No wonder Chloe is so angry in the first game I would be too

Now I don't know if its the same writers as LiS but Max was definitely thrown under the Bus with that.
                This is actually all up to the player, in the... I'll be blunt, objectively better in every possible way version, Max not only chooses to tell her of the upcoming move, Chloe admits to having known already (and there's a playable moment earlier in the relevant episode that tips this off if you're watching for it and more or less makes the idea that Chloe didn't know and wasn't told ahead of time a plot contradiction).

Personally I don't think Max comes off badly in BTS. I think BTS bends the knee to Pricefield in a couple major ways, in fact, that I can highlight after you've played - a couple very deliberate choices in the writing. But, yes, it's critical of Max in context because Chloe's anger is our POV lens into that story, so it should. But it's also our lens into a very uncompromising love for the girl that Chloe can't shake despite herself.

Personally I just saw this on YouTube as im not going to play LIS 2
                This is a video of both endings in LIS2 . In 1 David speaks to Chloe and that picture of Chloe with Max With her hair changed is cool.
                The other is him on the phone to Joyce

https://youtu.be/gFTfna3blpc
                Another great environmental detail for the BAE ending players in LIS 2 is, David's trailer will have Max and Chloe's mural leaned up against it outside; the one they painted as children and later used as their "murder board". I love the picture of the two of them so much. Max is a beloved character to me, so at once I love seeing her with Chloe, 'proof of life', but also gets me how much weight I see in her eyes. Like I said, I genuinely don't think the storm is her fault, even if she did cause it which is also a premise I question heavily; and I think it's morally right and entirely defensible to save Chloe. But she still is who she is, and she's carrying a lot of guilt, not to mention a Dr. Manhattan-tier burden and isolation just for knowing what she can do and the risks associated with doing it. There's much of Buffy in her to me in that way, as well.
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

This is actually all up to the player, in the... I'll be blunt, objectively better in every possible way version, Max not only chooses to tell her of the upcoming move, Chloe admits to having known already (and there's a playable moment earlier in the relevant episode that tips this off if you're watching for it and more or less makes the idea that Chloe didn't know and wasn't told ahead of time a plot contradiction).

Personally I don't think Max comes off badly in BTS. I think BTS bends the knee to Pricefield in a couple major ways, in fact, that I can highlight after you've played - a couple very deliberate choices in the writing. But, yes, it's critical of Max in context because Chloe's anger is our POV lens into that story, so it should. But it's also our lens into a very uncompromising love for the girl that Chloe can't shake despite herself.

Another great environmental detail for the BAE ending players in LIS 2 is, David's trailer will have Max and Chloe's mural leaned up against it outside; the one they painted as children and later used as their "murder board". I love the picture of the two of them so much. Max is a beloved character to me, so at once I love seeing her with Chloe, 'proof of life', but also gets me how much weight I see in her eyes. Like I said, I genuinely don't think the storm is her fault, even if she did cause it which is also a premise I question heavily; and I think it's morally right and entirely defensible to save Chloe. But she still is who she is, and she's carrying a lot of guilt, not to mention a Dr. Manhattan-tier burden and isolation just for knowing what she can do and the risks associated with doing it. There's much of Buffy in her to me in that way, as well.
                  I just watched this video and has me thinking whether I made the right choice or not and I'm starting leaning towards saving Chloe
                  https://youtu.be/txhSoFwdW9s

One argument I didn't think of until now but you know that Joyce if she had been there and given the option would definitely have sacrificed herself for her daughter
                  Last edited by BtVS fan; 05-02-22, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I just watched this video and has me thinking whether I made the right choice or not and I'm starting leaning towards saving Chloe
                    https://youtu.be/txhSoFwdW9s
                    Awwww yiiiiis. Ola is... well I would be presuming perhaps to properly say friend of mine, but certainly an acquaintance via LIS community, and she's got a lot of great insights. Her Let's Plays are fun, and she's also currently reacting to "Arcane", which is I'm pretty sure her first show/movie reaction instead of gameplay.

EDIT: I actually rewatched her video and I can't echo her sentiment enough about Max having believed herself "supposed" to have been in the bathroom. A lot of people frame sacrificing Chloe as "restoring the natural order" or words to that effect, but dovetailing with my point that that ending doesn't put things "back" to the way they were but are instead a novel, third version of the bathroom scene, Max is the natural order. "Bilbo was meant to find the ring, in which case you, too, were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought".

EDIT EDIT: When Chloe describes the injustice of her mother dying - which, granted, yes, awful - she says "look at what she had to give up and live through", and I literally said aloud "for YOU. So YOU would live, so you would have a chance". It's all for nothing if Chloe dies, certainly from Joyce's POV. David, flawed though he is, I imagine would feel the same.

I've also argued this point before - take any given person, tell them there is a 95% chance they'll die in a tornado later that day, but that you can get them out of it; all it would take is if you shot this random girl in the head. How many people do you know what take that deal for real? Would you bet your life on a natural twenty if the alternative was someone dying to take the dice out of your hand? Call me optimistic but I think more people would roll than wouldn't.
                    Last edited by KingofCretins; 05-02-22, 03:41 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Awwww yiiiiis. Ola is... well I would be presuming perhaps to properly say friend of mine, but certainly an acquaintance via LIS community, and she's got a lot of great insights. Her Let's Plays are fun, and she's also currently reacting to "Arcane", which is I'm pretty sure her first show/movie reaction instead of gameplay.

EDIT: I actually rewatched her video and I can't echo her sentiment enough about Max having believed herself "supposed" to have been in the bathroom. A lot of people frame sacrificing Chloe as "restoring the natural order" or words to that effect, but dovetailing with my point that that ending doesn't put things "back" to the way they were but are instead a novel, third version of the bathroom scene, Max is the natural order. "Bilbo was meant to find the ring, in which case you, too, were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought".

EDIT EDIT: When Chloe describes the injustice of her mother dying - which, granted, yes, awful - she says "look at what she had to give up and live through", and I literally said aloud "for YOU. So YOU would live, so you would have a chance". It's all for nothing if Chloe dies, certainly from Joyce's POV. David, flawed though he is, I imagine would feel the same.

I've also argued this point before - take any given person, tell them there is a 95% chance they'll die in a tornado later that day, but that you can get them out of it; all it would take is if you shot this random girl in the head. How many people do you know what take that deal for real? Would you bet your life on a natural twenty if the alternative was someone dying to take the dice out of your hand? Call me optimistic but I think more people would roll than wouldn't.
                      I'd love to see if there was an audience poll or figures on which ending is the most chosen.

Ola brings up the point of the Trek episode that was referenced in the game and I did wonder if that's what the writers were going for. Of course doing 2 endings let them be ambiguous

Comment

I'd love to see if there was an audience poll or figures on which ending is the most chosen.

Ola brings up the point of the Trek episode that was referenced in the game and I did wonder if that's what the writers were going for. Of course doing 2 endings let them be ambiguous
                        I know the original game had tracking like a Telltale game, I guess LISR may not. Last I saw it was about 52-48 in favor of BAY, alas. But I've also noticed a pattern whereby the longer people sit with it, or if they replay it, especially after having played LIS then BTS then LIS again, there is a noticeable shift toward BAE. I can't remember the last time, if I ever even have, I heard of anyone having sacrified the town but then later thought different of it and preferred sacrificing Chloe.
                        sigpic
                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

I know the original game had tracking like a Telltale game, I guess LISR may not. Last I saw it was about 52-48 in favor of BAY, alas. But I've also noticed a pattern whereby the longer people sit with it, or if they replay it, especially after having played LIS then BTS then LIS again, there is a noticeable shift toward BAE. I can't remember the last time, if I ever even have, I heard of anyone having sacrified the town but then later thought different of it and preferred sacrificing Chloe.
                          Just saw this off Reddit , I don't know how old it is
                          https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F.../viewanalytics

Comment

Just saw this off Reddit , I don't know how old it is
                            https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F.../viewanalytics
                            I think I remember that survey, I just went by what stats they had in the game itself (original version) which I've always seen between 51/49 and 54/46
                            sigpic
                            Banner by LRae12

Comment

I think I remember that survey, I just went by what stats they had in the game itself (original version) which I've always seen between 51/49 and 54/46
                              On that link it definitely seems the majority would save Chloe. Speaking to someone else and they sacrifice Chloe all the time as it goes with the theme of letting go. I'm not sure I agree with that

My own reason was simply for sacrificing Chloe to save greater lives. Letting go of the past or not is irrelevant to that

Comment

On that link it definitely seems the majority would save Chloe. Speaking to someone else and they sacrifice Chloe all the time as it goes with the theme of letting go. I'm not sure I agree with that

My own reason was simply for sacrificing Chloe to save greater lives. Letting go of the past or not is irrelevant to that
                                Yeah, I don't even remotely get how continuing to mess with the timeline is the 'letting go' ending, even though it's pretty clear that the writers thought it was. I really loved the "Superposition" video's summary of the ending of the "Lynchian psychodrama", other than the bit of conceding the storm is Max's fault - I really don't. Like, even to the idea that her actions were the factual cause. I would argue breathless that she isn't morally at fault for it regardless, but I am pretty unconvinced it had anything to do with her at all.

Hand in hand with that I'm also pretty resistant to the idea that Max only got her powers as some sort of teaching tool or object lesson, and was "given" them by... something or other, to that end. I tend to come to the characters in the LIS series with powers (of which only three are confirmed but a handful others suspected) through the lens of Heroes, of Stranger Things*, of X-Men - it's just part of who they are.

*there's a lovely fan theory that Vanessa Caulfield is an alias, and that Max's mother is Elle/Eleven from Stranger Things. The timeline lines up pretty well around Max's 1995 birth
                                sigpic
                                Banner by LRae12

Comment

Yeah, I don't even remotely get how continuing to mess with the timeline is the 'letting go' ending, even though it's pretty clear that the writers thought it was. I really loved the "Superposition" video's summary of the ending of the "Lynchian psychodrama", other than the bit of conceding the storm is Max's fault - I really don't. Like, even to the idea that her actions were the factual cause. I would argue breathless that she isn't morally at fault for it regardless, but I am pretty unconvinced it had anything to do with her at all.

Hand in hand with that I'm also pretty resistant to the idea that Max only got her powers as some sort of teaching tool or object lesson, and was "given" them by... something or other, to that end. I tend to come to the characters in the LIS series with powers (of which only three are confirmed but a handful others suspected) through the lens of Heroes, of Stranger Things*, of X-Men - it's just part of who they are.

*there's a lovely fan theory that Vanessa Caulfield is an alias, and that Max's mother is Elle/Eleven from Stranger Things. The timeline lines up pretty well around Max's 1995 birth
                                  Max doesn't actually know she's the cause. She merely suspects. She has no proof.
                                  Besides She had her first vision before she even saw Chloe again anyway.

Started playing before the Storm and they are all talking about Chloe's black eye but there is no black eye. Her face looks the same. I don't know if its just a remastered glitch but its funny

I heard they had a new voice actress because of the actors strike at the time . She does a good job though

Comment

Working...
                                  X