BBC Micro Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Micro Games

We're going back to my gaming roots here. I just saw a BBC news article referring to people in lockdown discovering the old BBC games and playing online. I've had a few copies of some old BBC games I can play on my mac for a while with a BBC emulator that was released years ago but it seems that things have moved on somewhat now as there's a whole BBC micro games archive online!

I'm going to browse through and see if there are more old classics for me to revisit that I haven't already got a copy of. But finding this did prompt me to have a quick revisit of my old favourite Chuckie Egg.

Does anyone else recognise these? Play them already? Any particular favourites?

#theoldonesarethebest

Oh that is fun, I remember Pacman (of course), Outbreak, Tetris and I suspect Snake is somewhere as well. I've to make sure I won't ruin my sunday on this site.

Comment

Oh nice one. I remember playing asteroids back in the day, but I was terrible at it!

Comment

What a blast from the past! I saw they have Prince of Persia in there too -- I never managed to finish that one, there was one specific jump I just could. not. make.
        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Stoney
          Stoney commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe 2021 DD has the mad skillz to make the jump!!

• Double Dutchess
          Double Dutchess commented
          Editing a comment
          Not likely, Stoney !!

• Stoney
          Stoney commented
          Editing a comment
          Never give in!
      Working...
      X