• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brendan
    Cup Of Tea
    • Oct 2009

General gaming discussion thread.

General gaming discussion thread.

I wanted to create this thread about the video games in general where we can post screencaps, and discuss what games you are currently playing on maybe do little reviews and star rate them.

Well, I'm currently playing on red dead redemption 2.

Here are a couple of screencaps.
    Spoiler:

• Silver1
    Slayer
    • May 2015

I'm no gamer, but I do love following certain people who play these type of games on Youtube. Love Red Dead, and by the looks of it the backgrounds are now even more detailed and beautiful.

Comment

• Brendan
      Cup Of Tea
      • Oct 2009

Definitely, it's a very beautiful and breathtaking game full of renowned characters with remarkable development and creative writing.

Busy playing online now this is my character creation, Rohan.

I'm currently at level 30.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Nina
        and her haircut.
        • Nov 2007

The only proper game I've ever played was Arkham City. My love for Batman made me. I did enjoy it a lot though and will probably buy other games when I have a new computer. My current PC hates reading CD-ROMS/DVDs, which makes starting a game very frustrating.

Comment

• Brendan
          Cup Of Tea
          • Oct 2009

This scene was haunting, and it instantly took my breath away.

And it's my first ever gifset.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Brendan
            Cup Of Tea
            • Oct 2009

This is the next game I'm definitely playing on.

Comment

• Brendan
              Cup Of Tea
              • Oct 2009

The games I played so far in 2020.

Kingdom of Hearts 3.

I liked the game and characters. Maybe, the story was a bit confusing because I haven't played on the previous games and the light and dark theme was, a little safe for my liking. Also, I didn't enjoy the structure and pace of the game every 2mins it was a cutscene which can be very annoying. The gameplay mechanic were the highlights in this game I love the variety of weapons with different move sets that were exciting.

So I give this game ??/5

Control.

I enjoyed the story and the characters, especially the main character "Jesse". The combat was a great addition to the level design and attractions to the buildings around her. I liked how the environments and telekinesis were her source of power which made a unique design of the gameplay. The only issue I had with this game was the upgrades were uninspiring I would have expanded the upgrades more imaginatively and more destructive and powerful. The graphics and the technical side to this game were impressive, and I did absolute see the quality of this game design, my negative was that within my preferences I founded that the inside of the building was feeling old and catastrophic straight away.

So I give this game ???/5

Plague Tale: Innocence

The game is, set in medieval France during the Hundred Year War. I adore the characters and period of history very dark, during the beginning of the worst outbreak known today as the Black Death. The interaction with these characters around the horrifying events of the Black Death was very thrilling to watch and play. The dark compositions and artistic value of this game were admirable. The simplistic and yet effective gameplay was a blast to play, it had a great simplicity towards the gameplay mechanics which made the game very distinctive. I enjoyed this concept.

So I give this game ????/5

Comment

• a thing of evil
                Banned
                • Jan 2016

I loved both Control and Plague Tale: Innocence. The writing in Plague Tale is so good, maybe not in terms of the story but how those characters are written and how they vibe and interact with each other - it's like a young adult novel but very European, like Crusade in Jeans or something. Great stuff. Plague Tale 2 was already announced so I'm really looking forward to that. And Control - I think it's the best game Remedy's ever done, it's right there with Max Payne, the core gameplay loop is just flawless.

Right now I'm playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 was announced recently so I decided to come back to the zone. The main idea behind those games is that you take the zone from Roadside Picnic and Tarkovsky's Stalker and place it within the actual Chernobyl exclusion zone. It's kinda brilliant. In terms of gameplay it's a survival horror first person shooter but it's not a shooter in the same way, say, DooM is - yeah, there's an entire arsenal of weapons available and you get into firefights but it's not what you really do most of the time, the emphasis is put on exploration and atmosphere. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games have an incredible modding community - from textures packs and effects to make the game prettier (I did install a handful of those) to extensive gameplay modifications and entire free standalone titles. It's kinda nuts.

I still need to finish Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I completed the main story (it took, like, months - it's a gargantuan game, even compared to the previous Assassin's Creed games, it's just enormous) but I still have 2 DLCs to finish. Kass is such a fantastic protagonist, Bayek was already awesome and she's even better.

Comment

• American Aurora
                  Slayer
                  • Jan 2015

Plague Tale: Innocence is amazing. Assassin's Creed is one of my standbys and I've already gone through all of them - I'm waiting for Valhalla. I think that's the next one coming out for Christmas. Played the first one over and over again until I knew it by heart years ago.

If you want to play a game that develops into a pretty amazing storyline, try Kentucky Route Zero. I played the first part years ago and they've finally finished it and brought it out as a proper game in five parts. It's weird and surreal and mind-expanding even though it's just a simple story at first. I love games like this - there's not much out there like it.

Comment

• Brendan
                    Cup Of Tea
                    • Oct 2009

Yes, Control was a great game I have real gratitude towards "Remedy" as a game company because I thought "Alan wake" was compelling back in 2010. I also enjoyed "Quantum Break" which was decent. I hope I'm right about this but, I adore the fact all of these games blend in the same story and world, that's why the upcoming DLC for "Control" excites me because it features Alan Wake himself.

Plague Tale was such a great experience. The characters interaction was so good, especially the connection between Hugo and Amicia De Rune. Kudos to the voice acting and the stunning soundtrack, which I still regularly listen too.

Yes, Stalker 2 does indeed look intriguing.

I played on AC, and I adored Odessey. The vast world is a positive in my book. I find it to be very therapeutic to collect and complete the objectives on the map. I accomplished the main game with 100%, that's how addictive it was. Kassandra was a wondrous, character to play she was very family-oriented and, I loved her character development and journey. Just need to play the DLC!

Here are a couple of screenshots.

Spoiler:

Kentucky Route Zero looked at the trailer and, it looked excellent my kind of game the atmosphere looked fantastic, and the art is very inspiring. It's now on my game list to play.

XBOX series X price and the S also... I have to admit these are excellent prices I was assuming the series x to be a lot higher.
                    Last edited by Brendan; 11-09-20, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Brendan
                      Cup Of Tea
                      • Oct 2009

Nier Automata.

I love that it is fresh and unique. I adore the chemistry and connection between 2B and 9S as characters. I love the contrast of black and white its very picturesque and the gameplay is stimulating and exciting. The story was great as well, loved Pascal he, was such a loving character and, his ending was heartbroken. The soundtrack was a distinctive highlight for me. The only negative is that sometimes the graphic can feel outdated and unappealing. But, It's not a big deal because I love the journey these characters went on, especially considering the story behind the pods.

???/5

Ori And The Will Of The Wisps.

This game was phenomenal the gameplay improved so much from its predecessor "Blind Forest". WOTW gameplay mechanic is so, fluid and so smooth it makes stimulating gameplay. It has a fast pace motion which I adore it makes it so exciting to travel the world map of "Niwen". The combat tremendously improved, the combat in "Blind Forest" was non-existent only button-mashing using "Sein". I loved the experimental and arsenal you have for this game, the different weaponry to play around with is very refreshing and makes the gameplay more fulfilling. I loved collecting the shards to enhance. The art is very impressive and very vibrant full of life and characters to combine with quests to complete. One quest that stands out to me was the journey of rebuilding the Wellspring glades. The story is dark and deep and emotional. The boss fights were very challenging and well thought out adrenaline rush especially the 'SHRIEK' boss fight.

A couple of screencaps.

Spoiler:

?????/5 (MY GOTY!)
                      Last edited by Brendan; 13-09-20, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• a thing of evil
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2016

I love Nier Automata - the story, character design, soundtrack and whatnot are great, the combat's pretty good as well but in terms of quality of life issues it's like a PS2-era game. I was so tired of it by the time I reached route C.
                      Last edited by a thing of evil; 13-09-20, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Brendan
                        Brendan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know what you mean to many endings.
                    • Brendan
                      Cup Of Tea
                      • Oct 2009

Yesterday I finally completed Red Dead Redemption 2 100% achievements unlocked! This game was such a great experience and a delight to play, in a world that was huge and rich to explore and engage with such renowned characters and story such a great fandom.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Brendan
                        Cup Of Tea
                        • Oct 2009

Did Microsoft just buy Bethesda?

Comment

• American Aurora
                          Slayer
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by buffylover View Post
                          Did Microsoft just buy Bethesda?
                          YES, Microsoft bought Bethesda. Holy Cr*p!

Two of my all time favorite franchises. I think I spent 100,000 hours playing Fallout 3, Morrowind, Skyrim and Oblivion. Wait, can't forget Fallout: New Vegas! I think I set a record for myself of playing 18 hours in a row!

Since I have an Xbox and I'm hoping to upgrade, I wonder if they'll have exclusives. I hope they get some new magicians to fix the Fallout series. A sequel to New Vegas would be fantastic!
                          Last edited by American Aurora; 23-09-20, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Brendan
                            Cup Of Tea
                            • Oct 2009

I know right, I thought it was fake news at first if I'm honest and when I found out it was true, I couldn't believe it that Microsoft bought Zenimax (Bethesda) for 7.5 Billion.

Yes me too, I loved playing on Fallout 3 and 4 also New Vegas there were all great video games and instantly became one of my favourite franchises. When you first step out of the vault for the first time, it was such a vivid experience because I loved the ambience within the world of Fallout. The wastelands were a different place to get lost and withstand extraordinary creatures and, to level your karma system in Fallout 3 was great! 76 was merely okay, but it didn't feel the same somehow, maybe because it was online. Oblivion and Skyrim were also incredible games. I think I played on Skyrim so many times. Also, their exclusive games would be on game pass day one.

And you don't know what's around the corner with Fallout New Vegas because Microsoft also has Obsidian exciting times.

I also have an Xbox and I would love to have the series X.

The Garden Between.

Played on this little gem of a game, and it was so peaceful. This game made me very calm and collective. I enjoyed it it's not perfect its short in length of gameplay and, I was starting to enjoy the experience when it ended, which was a shame.

Screencaps.
                            Spoiler:

??/5

Comment

• American Aurora
                              Slayer
                              • Jan 2015

I know right, I thought it was fake news at first if I'm honest and when I found out it was true, I couldn't believe it that Microsoft bought Zenimax (Bethesda) for 7.5 Billion.
                              That is a lot of money - wow, video games have probably now surpassed film as money makers.

Yes me too, I loved playing on Fallout 3 and 4 also New Vegas there were all great video games and instantly became one of my favourite franchises. When you first step out of the vault for the first time, it was such a vivid experience because I loved the ambience within the world of Fallout. The wastelands were a different place to get lost and withstand extraordinary creatures and, to level your karma system in Fallout 3 was great! 76 was merely okay, but it didn't feel the same somehow, maybe because it was online. Oblivion and Skyrim were also incredible games. I think I played on Skyrim so many times. Also, their exclusive games would be on game pass day one.
                              76 was an utter disappointment. Skyrim, on the other hand, was sublime. To be honest, sometimes when I'd get stressed out, I'd just jog around the countryside, seeing how many mountains I could climb over without sliding down and swimming up and down the entire length of rivers as a meditative exercise without doing a single quest for hours.

And you don't know what's around the corner with Fallout New Vegas because Microsoft also has Obsidian exciting times.
                              Ooh. I can't wait!

I also have an Xbox and I would love to have the series X.
                              Yeah, me too! I just laid out some money for a monitor, though, so it'll probably be next year for me unless they have some amazing Black Friday online deals (not going to the store!)

The Garden Between.

Played on this little gem of a game, and it was so peaceful. This game made me very calm and collective. I enjoyed it it's not perfect its short in length of gameplay and, I was starting to enjoy the experience when it ended, which was a shame.

Screencaps.
                              Spoiler:

??/5
                              The game looks fantastic. You post such lovely screencaps.

The next two games on my list are Hades on Steam - not my usual thing, but the reviews are so incredible regarding the storyline and narrative structure and it sounds right up my alley with all the literary allusions to Greek mythology and the underworld -

and Manifold Garden, which is a new puzzle game on Xbox that is supposed to be a real Escher-like head trip that defies gravity.
                              A first-person exploration game with reimagined physics.

Last edited by American Aurora; 26-09-20, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• Brendan
                                Cup Of Tea
                                • Oct 2009

I'm currently playing on 'Spiritfarer' at the moment and its great entertainment.

You play Stella who, becomes the new Spiritfarer and you follow her travels on a boat to complete quests and favours to the spirits she meets until the last dying wishes where you accompany them to the Everdoor. All these characters have a connection with Stella and its a creation of her being a carer.

It's a beautiful game so far.

SCREENCAPS.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Stoney
                                  Stoney commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  What fantastic use of light and contrasts.
                              • American Aurora
                                Slayer
                                • Jan 2015

I'm currently playing on 'Spiritfarer' at the moment and its great entertainment.

You play Stella who, becomes the new Spiritfarer and you follow her travels on a boat to complete quests and favours to the spirits she meets until the last dying wishes where you accompany them to the Everdoor. All these characters have a connection with Stella and its a creation of her being a carer.

It's a beautiful game so far.

SCREENCAPS.

Spoiler:

buffylover, I was so taken by your images that I downloaded the game on my XBox. Very excited to play it in the next few days!

Watched the intro and was swept into the story right away.

Comment

• Brendan
                                  Cup Of Tea
                                  • Oct 2009

American Aurora That's fantastic news I would have recommended this game to anyone who likes management games. It's such a compelling captivating game with such unique, distinctive characters to meet and care for with their backgrounds. I also really liked the gameplay you manage them to learn they characteristic. Also, the theme and concept of death are special to witness and play. And I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                                  X