X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brendan
    Cup Of Tea
    • Oct 2009

Continuing with Spiritfarer and it's such an emotional rollercoaster. Seeing and hearing these characters express their last thoughts are upsetting especially the farewell of Stanley! I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was genuinely sad his speech before he leaves the Everdoor. It crushed me.

Spoiler:

"Look after Jacob when I'm gone" That's his pet beetle in the tank.

Comment

• Brendan
      Cup Of Tea
      • Oct 2009

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Yes, I love the Fallout series do you have a specific favourite mine is probably Fallout 3! And I have indeed played on Mass Effect 1 and 2 truly enjoyed both games. I have not played on the 3rd instalment also I haven't Played on Andromeda.

Path Of Exile is it any good?

Comment

• American Aurora
        Slayer
        • Jan 2015

Welcome to the Forum, Bobby Broky!

Fallout is one of my favorite games of all time. I've played every incarnation and I have to agree with buffylover that Fallout 3 is a masterpiece! Blowing away mutants at close range in the US Capitol while hearing Danny Kaye sing "Civilization" with the Andrews Sisters is such a hoot. I love old American popular songs from the World War II era. Bingo, Bango, Bongo!

I've been sick in bed for a week and just slowly getting better. And I have to thank you, buffylover, for suggesting Spiritfarer - which I played for five days straight while recuperating! Such a brilliant, heart-wrenching game. I was not expecting it at all, but once I realized where it was going, I was captivated.

Mass Effect is amazing! I have to admit, I don't know Path of Exile. It looks like a fun action RPG - lots of dungeon crawling. I see there's already a sequel coming out later this year. Maybe for Christmas.

Comment

• redtent
          Graveyard Patrol
          • Jul 2019

Mass Effect is great, but my favorite games from Bioware is definitely the Dragon Age series. Btw, Is anyone here excited for Cyberpunk 2077?

Comment

• Brendan
            Cup Of Tea
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by American Aurora View Post
            Fallout is one of my favorite games of all time. I've played every incarnation and I have to agree with buffylover that Fallout 3 is a masterpiece! Blowing away mutants at close range in the US Capitol while hearing Danny Kaye sing "Civilization" with the Andrews Sisters is such a hoot. I love old American popular songs from the World War II era. Bingo, Bango, Bongo!
            I agree with you about "Fallout 3!" Those songs were fantastic but, Agatha violin was something special, her compositions were making the game have an atmospheric vibe whilst I was exploring the wastelands. It felt like I wasn't alone that she was accompanying me whilst I explored the wastes. The radio soundtracks in "New Vegas" is also very moody and I loved the old classic country singers.

I've been sick in bed for a week and just slowly getting better. And I have to thank you, buffylover, for suggesting Spiritfarer - which I played for five days straight while recuperating! Such a brilliant, heart-wrenching game. I was not expecting it at all, but once I realized where it was going, I was captivated.
            I am so thrilled that you enjoyed this magical game and, it helped you to get better.

I completed this game just yesterday!

Spiritfarer.

This game was very captivatingly beautiful. You play as "Stella" and, the gameplay is focused on you the player to take care of spirits and trying to accomplish, the last requests before entering them to the Everdoor. The gameplay was so addictive and challenging to comprehend out the characteristics of the characters.

The management side of this game was also very addictive. I love the fact that every material and item was significant towards the game design and characters that lived on your boat. What makes this game renowned was the unique definition of the theme and concept of death, the notion illustrated within these characters was so emotional.

The one that moved me the most was the character called "Stanley", he was represented as an 8-year-old boy who was the youngest patient that "Stella" cared for on the boat and in real life. His characteristic was naive and full of life, I adored his personality trait, especially when you figure out that he likes "desserts" and he does the desert dance. Anyway, but his speech when you take him to the Everdoor was heart-wrenchingly painful. He broke me.

I also download the soundtrack for this game which is remarkable.

????/5

Originally posted by redtent View Post
            Btw, Is anyone here excited for Cyberpunk 2077?
            ME, ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME Looks so ambitious and artistic!

Comment

• Brendan
              Cup Of Tea
              • Oct 2009

Currently, playing on Blair Witch ready for Halloween. It is a decent horror game with satisfying gameplay. Here are some screenshots.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Very moody, I love that art.
            • Brendan
              Cup Of Tea
              • Oct 2009

Blair Witch.

I just finished "Blair Witch", and it was decent. The gameplay was a satisfying performance that it made it a little thrilling to play. Overal the scariness wasn't that scary it has its moments but, nothing groundbreaking. The atmosphere was good, and I enjoyed that concept but, I think I liked the simplicity of the movie better a continuous-time loop. So yeah, it was okay.

??/5

Now playing on DOOM! ETERNAL!

Spoiler:

Comment

• Brendan
                Cup Of Tea
                • Oct 2009

I'm really enjoying 'DOOM'. Today I just figured out how to Glory Kill.

Here are some screenshots.
                Spoiler:

Comment

• Brendan
                  Cup Of Tea
                  • Oct 2009

Some Shadow Of The Tomb Raider screenshots I did back in 2018. I truly thought this game was great!

Spoiler:

Comment

• Brendan
                    Cup Of Tea
                    • Oct 2009

Still playing on DOOM so, here are more couple of screencaps.

When you first confront the Marauder I thought he was epic, but I have to admit he was challenging even on easy difficulty

Spoiler:

Comment

• Brendan
                      Cup Of Tea
                      • Oct 2009

Marauder looks super cute as a toy!

Spoiler:

Comment

• Brendan
                        Cup Of Tea
                        • Oct 2009

I have finished DOOM.

It was an enjoyable experience that made me open my eyes more of FPS type games because I always stay away from FPS, but DOOM shows an inventive idea to play. It was an exhilarating way to perform plus the gameplay was fast, and the movement of the game was exciting. I loved the switching between diverse weaponry and countering different types of demons. My only concern is that I did notice that I was losing momentum and it was starting to get a bit stale after mission 7 'MARS CORE'. It was becoming repetitive. But I did enjoy my time on this game.

???/5

And here are the last screencaps.

Spoiler:

And Assassin Creed Valhalla reviews are out, and its overall score is.

'81 Metacritic and OpenCritic 83'

Last edited by Brendan; 09-11-20, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• American Aurora
                          Slayer
                          • Jan 2015

Wow, I remember Doom from so long ago on my 360 when it wasn't Eternal or Resurrected or Final or anything. Just plain ol' Doom.

Fantastic screenshots - such a beautiful game!

It's weird - I also remember the scariest looking guys weren't always the toughest. I am habitually awful at FPS, though, and usually keep it on easy the whole game.

So looking forward to Valhalla!

Comment

• Brendan
                            Cup Of Tea
                            • Oct 2009

Thank you, AA for, the comment about my screencaps. I enjoy taking them and sharing them on this forum another hobby of mine video game photography.

Don't worry, I'm also awful at FPS, so I play on easy, difficulty. Doom must have been good If I'm considering on buying the DLC.

I am also excited for "Assassin's Creed Valhalla" why because what is making me excited is the mythology but, the sceneries of "England". I think its the first time I can play in my region "Northumbria, (Northumberland) I think the game mention something about historic landmarks near where I live "Hadrians Wall" so I cant wait to play and to explore the area of "Northumbria".

Last edited by Brendan; 10-11-20, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• KingofCretins
                              What?
                              • May 2007

Anyone been into The Last of Us and The Last of Us, Part 2? There's a lot of good discussion fodder for those. Also a big fan of the Uncharted series.
                              sigpic
                              Banner by LRae12

Comment

• Brendan
                                Cup Of Tea
                                • Oct 2009

Another gamer on this thread. Yay!

Does this answer your question about the Uncharted Series?
                                Spoiler:

Tomb Raider fanboy here.

But on a serious note, I did play on the Uncharted series. I know The Last Of Us what did you think about the leaks based on The Last Of Us 2? and Abby? and the death of a certain main male character?

Oh yes, I haven't forgotten about Life Is Strange!
                                Last edited by Brendan; 14-11-20, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• KingofCretins
                                  What?
                                  • May 2007

Originally posted by buffylover View Post
                                  Another gamer on this thread. Yay!

Does this answer your question about the Uncharted Series?
                                  Spoiler:

Tomb Raider fanboy here.

But on a serious note, I did play on the Uncharted series. I know The Last Of Us what did you think about the leaks based on The Last Of Us 2? and Abby? and the death of a certain main male character?

Oh yes, I haven't forgotten about Life Is Strange!
                                  I haven't played the new Tomb Raiders, but tbh it seems like they were rebooted because of the success of Uncharted (I adore Uncharted, I really think UC4 might be about as good of pure storytelling adventure as there is.

I have oodles of thoughts about TLOU 2, many of them less kind than my TLOU thoughts, but I take them as a whole and there's just... a lot to unpack there. TLOU might be as good a game as has ever been made, and TLOU 2 innovates it technologically quite well even if I don't think the story hit the mark.

"Life is Strange" is something that's come to mean as much to me as "Buffy" in a lot of ways; they are of a kind anyway.
                                  sigpic
                                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

• Brendan
                                    Cup Of Tea
                                    • Oct 2009

Tomb Raider has been doing the fancy stuff from Uncharted since 1996.

Lara Croft has been adventuring and telling stories of her travels almost the same age as Buffy. IMO Uncharted is just straight forward cinematic experience even though I did enjoy 2. Whilst the reboot Tomb Raider games offered the original core of the design of the classics Tomb Raider but, it expanded upon it by having an option to stop on the beating track and to explore the history, crypts, tombs, side quests, and to have that variety of gameplay, and replayability. You can upgrade Lara by your gameplay specifications by unlocking specific skills on the skill tree, even the weapons you can improve just like an RPG. Because of that Rise and Shadow play differently to Uncharted. Plus it's a lot darker.
                                    I did warn you I'm a TR fanboy.

I thought TLOU 2 was a complete disaster IMO there should just have kept it simplistic, them surviving the apocalypse how powerful is that. But instead, you got exaggerated fanfic from Tumblr. Their ruined Ellie and Joel relationship it's unforgivable, and it will hurt the franchise. But the redeeming factor for me was the extraordinary concept of art.
                                    Spoiler:

I'm still planning to play on Life Is Strange.

Have you played on Red Dead Redemption 2? That's a game that is story-driven with full of exceptional characters and a world to explore.
                                    Last edited by Brendan; 15-11-20, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• KingofCretins
                                      What?
                                      • May 2007

I haven't played RDR or RDR 2. I'm wary of open worlders, I like pretty linear story-driven games. It's why LIS and Telltale games are great for me, and it's also a big advantage of the Naughty Dog iconic brands - Uncharted games are basically movies you play, and TLOU/TLOU 2 also has a lot of that.

I think the best content related to TLOU 2 is one of their commercials - not one of the trailers that were essentially false advertising, but something else. It doesn't portray literal events of the game, but definitely depicts its aesthetic and shows Ellie in a light I wish more of the game actually did - "True Faith". Goose bumps every time I watch it.

For that matter, their commercial for Uncharted 4 featuring a piano cover of "Where is My Mind?" gave me goose bumps 4 years before I played any of the games. Perfectly designed to tell you everything you need to know to love Nathan Drake before you ever picked up a controller.
                                      sigpic
                                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

• Brendan
                                        Cup Of Tea
                                        • Oct 2009

Thank you for sharing those videos. I enjoyed watching them again. I already have seen them, but I can see why you got goosebumps the videos were shown and executed in the highest of quality.

I admire the open-world format in a video game. I adore the fact that you can just get lost in a world that you can explore landscapes, and interact with such rich characters. I do like linear games but prefer open-world games.

Yes, Red Dead Redemption 2 is Enormous! I spent one year just playing on RDR 2 and trying to accomplish the 100% of achievements, it was just a couple of months ago I 100% the game. It was fantastic!

Just a suggestion because I notice that your signature is missing would you like me to create you a forum banner? Based on either UC, TLOU2 or LIS, but I need to play on LIS.
                                        Last edited by Brendan; 16-11-20, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X