The Simpsons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Simpsons

I know this show is past its prime, but I still watch and enjoy it. Just watched 'Flaming Moe' S22 Ep 10 (2010/11) and was shocked to see Special Guest Alyson Hannigan

I am sure most of the Buffy cast must have appeared in The Simpsons at least once and it's cool to see their names.

I've not actually seen much of the Simpsons. I've caught odd episodes over the years but it isn't a show I ever watched with any regularity at all. I'm not surprised with how long they've been going that they have done the whole 'guest stars' element.

Comment

I love The Simpsons! I grew up watching them. Season 1 - 10 are excellent. I have them on DVD.

Marge is my fravouite character.

Comment

I love the Simpsons too ! I love that they've lasted this long and I haven't seen the most recent stuff but I assume it has maintained at least some level of quality
        I think that SMG also guest starred several times.
        What a challenge, honesty
        What a struggle to learn to speak
        Who would've thought that pretending was easier

Comment

Some favourite episodes of mine. These are just the top of my head.

But I think these were great "Bart's Comet, Round Springfield, Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily, Marge Be Not Proud, Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield, Homer's Phobia and The Secret War of Lisa Simpson"
          Last edited by Brendan; 01-06-21, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I can't remember the title and its a very old episode, but there's one where Homer remembers why he took the job at the nuclear plant and gave up a fun and exciting job (I think it was at a bowling alley) and at the end it's revealed he does it for baby Maggie, and that episode made me sob. It was so beautifully written.

Comment

Priceless It’s called “And Maggie Makes Three”.

And yes I totally agree with you that episode was fantastic!

Season 6 is a great season.

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                That's it! Thank you! Great episode, still stays with me

A couple of episodes that made me cry Priceless was when Marge tells Lisa to be sad in "Moaning Lisa".

Spoiler:

And in "Round Springfield" when Bleeding Gums says goodbye to Lisa.

Spoiler:

And in "Marge Be Not Proud", when Bart get his photo taken to redeem himself.

Spoiler:

And the last one is "The Secret War of Lisa Simpson" when Bart starts shouting that he believes in his sister beautiful moment.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                I love it when The Simpsons gets sentimental at the most unexpected moments

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
              I've not actually seen much of the Simpsons. I've caught odd episodes over the years but it isn't a show I ever watched with any regularity at all. I'm not surprised with how long they've been going that they have done the whole 'guest stars' element.
              It was one of my favorite shows up until around season 8... but then it became just another sitcom, a shadow (or "zombie form" as some call it) of its previous self. I haven't regularly watched it for many years.
              You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Working...
              X