Ghosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosts

Has anyone else seen this? It's a BBC comedy that is made by the group that do Horrible Histories (a children's historical sketch show), as a sitcom aimed at adults. It follows a couple that have moved into a house that's haunted by ghosts that span the centuries. The characters are interesting and it's focus on comedy doesn't stop it making some beautifully poignant points regularly too. I know it is on iPlayer but I think that is only UK accessible too. There have been two seasons (but only with the typical Brit 6 eps each) and a Christmas special. Wiki says a third season was commissioned. We've just started the second season and are really enjoying the mix of comedy and character stories.

Yes, it's very good isn't it? I's a bit of a box ticker, but all television seems to be nowadays, but it still manages to be funny and moving. Though I found the second series less funny, it was still very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Yes, it's very good isn't it? I's a bit of a box ticker, but all television seems to be nowadays, but it still manages to be funny and moving. Though I found the second series less funny, it was still very good.
      We were talking about this after watching the second ep of S2 and I agree, from what I've seen so far, it isn't as good as the first. It's still entertaining though and we've got the Christmas special recorded.

I think the idea of there being vastly different people that could have lived/died there over such a long period of time is a clever one. I was totally unconvinced by the character of Robin in the first episode but he's such a great inclusion.

Comment

I love all the neanderthals in the basement Think that's very clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          I love all the neanderthals in the basement Think that's very clever.
          Ah, you mean the plague victims? Yes, it is a great idea and how they've worked in their relevance a couple of times (so far as I've got) has been smart. I really like how they often use seeing the views in the room from everyone else's perspective and then Alison's, so suddenly all the ghosts are there too. The switches on that are great and it stands out so much whenever they do basement scenes.

Comment

• Priceless
            Priceless commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, plague victims
        Working...
        X