The Good Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Wife

I'm just going to start a general thread and people can talk about the show as a whole but this post of mine is going to be about 3x10 'cuz it just aired and...... dayummmm. :facepalm:

3x10
    Spoiler:
    What. In. The. Actual. Flying. F***??? :jawdrop: Come on! It took two entire seasons to get Will/Alicia together. TWO! And season three has had very, very few moments of the two of them together and the show decides to break them up?! I'm very annoyed right now. It was so ridiculously sad how this went down. I mean he was going to tell her what he wanted! Which is a conversation that's long overdue. Hell, any conversation between the two of them about their relationship is overdue because they've never had one!!!!!! We've only seen them banging and making out. That's it. There has been zero relationship conversation. Not even like palling around type conversation where you just talk about random things to get a laugh out of the other person. Nothing at all. And the moment they give us a little glimmer of what it might look like, she dumps his ass. The look on his face when Diane came in and was like "you did the right thing, she'll get over it" and his response of "yeah, she will" was heartbreaking. Aww, Will Gardener. What is Alicia even breaking up with him for? Is Will apparently the "distraction" even though she said it wasn't about him when Grace asked her? And speaking of Grace...

This bitch. Ugh. The kids are obnoxious. This has been established since the first episode of this damn show but jesus. She's running off to find the jackass bible banger that she saw on the internet. Who does that? I will say I was actually getting all nervous & excited over the whole thing though. Even though I can't stand Grace and think it'd be better if she DIAF, I liked the whole banding together to find her stuff. But then I came to the determination that they started that part of the story hella-late. Seriously. They flipping decided Grace was missing with only 15 minutes left in the show. How dumb. And I am very sad that Kalinda didn't get the credit. That could've been her stepping stone to repairing her relationship with Alicia. Not necessarily to throw it in Alicia's face like a "well I did find your missing child" sort of thing but as a sign of letting Alicia know she still has her back and will protect Alicia and her family despite the issues they're having with one another. Honestly, they need to start rebuilding that friendship because Alicia literally has no other characters to interact with. They've somehow managed to cut off the main character, the focus of the bloody show, from everyone else. However, I did like that they had another Kalinda/Will chat and there's a part of me that's like "oooh they could hook up" but then the other part's like "that better not happen or Kalinda/Alicia will never become BFF's again." So I'm conflicted.

All in all, decent episode that ended with anger and resentment. I expect that to happen with a show that I've become obsessed with, I just thought that it was going to happen a few episodes from now. Not on my very first live viewing.
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

3x10:
    Spoiler:
    It is very disappointing and upsetting indeed! Poor Will, he looked so hearbroken! He finally plucked up the courage to have a serious relationship talk with Alicia and she breaks up with him! And when he said there at the end that Alicia would get over it, he clearly implied that he wouldn't. Other than the sucky ending I thought it was a very good episode. Kalinda was awesome as usual. I loved her whole "When I flirt, I follow through" line and of course finding Grace and bringing her home without taking any credit for it. Yes it would have been nice it this had been the first step towards friendship between Alicia and Kalinda again because man I miss their friendship so much and the show is not the same without it. On the other hand, I really liked how selflessly Kalinda acted here. And speaking of Kalinda hookups, I do not want her to hook up with Will. There really would be no repairing the Alicia/Kalinda friendship then. No I want Kalinda to hook up with either Cary or with the female ASA (whose name escapes me right now) who is always flirting with Kalinda. Or maybe for them all to have a threesome!

Totally agree with you, holypotates, about Grace! That selfish brat made me roll my eyes so hard and curse her name! Not only can I totally not relate to her whole Christian crusade thing, the least she could do is not going into dogy neighbourhoods to meet up with some wannabe pastor (or whatever the hell he is) she met online. Or at least tell her parents where she is going. Despite her moronic behaviour, I also liked the drama of the situation and how it brought everyone together. I even liked Peter getting involved (and that's saying something since I usually cannot stand Peter).

Despite the way this ep ended, I don't think that is the complete end for Will and Alicia. Their chemistry and feelings for each other are too strong, hopefully the writers will find a believable way to get them back together because that's where they belong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
      3x10:
      Spoiler:
      No I want Kalinda to hook up with either Cary or with the female ASA (whose name escapes me right now) who is always flirting with Kalinda. Or maybe for them all to have a threesome!
      Spoiler:
      I really just want all of these other random characters to go away, especially Dana, the ASA chick. She's just annoying and making this stupid little triangle that seems to never go anywhere where they just have the same conversations over and over again makes it even worse. Get rid of Dana, put Cary/Kalinda together and call it a day. We'll see what happens next week when Cary arrests Kalinda though. It'll either put a bigger wedge between them or allow for angry sexual tension to build. :devious:

Spoiler:
      Despite the way this ep ended, I don't think that is the complete end for Will and Alicia. Their chemistry and feelings for each other are too strong, hopefully the writers will find a believable way to get them back together because that's where they belong.
      Spoiler:
      I honestly think the writers didn't know how to write Alicia/Will in a relationship. They seem to only know how to write the slow buildup and a payoff but not maintenance. It makes zero sense why Alicia would break up with him. And if all Will really was was just a distraction/**** buddy, she wouldn't have been in tears as she walked away. Hopefully it's not the end because that would be such a waste. And he better not start dating the new blond chick that's the divorce lawyers niece.

Comment

Maybe I am just not invested in Will/Alicia. Because I am not particularly bothered by it. But there are also other issues at hand to consider. He's her boss. He has a scandal slowly catching up to him that is sure to get ugly. And while I do agree that the show hasn't given them much screen time as a couple overall, they did talk about their relationship. They didn't have a long conversation about it. But they did have moments where they acknowledged certain things. Like when Will asked if he should meet her kids. She said no. I think that response spoke volumes tbh.

Anyway, this whole ship isn't my favorite thing about the show so I guess it is why I am not so bothered by the recent developments.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by holypotatoes View Post
          Spoiler:
          I really just want all of these other random characters to go away, especially Dana, the ASA chick. She's just annoying and making this stupid little triangle that seems to never go anywhere where they just have the same conversations over and over again makes it even worse. Get rid of Dana, put Cary/Kalinda together and call it a day. We'll see what happens next week when Cary arrests Kalinda though. It'll either put a bigger wedge between them or allow for angry sexual tension to build. :devious:
          Spoiler:

Ah yes, Dana that was her name. Well I wouldn't mind if she disappeared from the show either. Ultimately, I'm rooting for Cary/Kalinda. I'm not sure if Cary arresting Kalinda is gonna be a positive thing for them though. I really don't want a bigger wedge between them. Even though she doesn't want to admit it, Kalinda needs friends like Alicia and Cary in her life and I wish the writers would write her as reaching out to other people for once. I get that she doesn't want to show vulnerability but sooner or later she is gonna push everyone away if she doesn't share a bit more of herself.

Spoiler:
          I honestly think the writers didn't know how to write Alicia/Will in a relationship. They seem to only know how to write the slow buildup and a payoff but not maintenance. It makes zero sense why Alicia would break up with him. And if all Will really was was just a distraction/**** buddy, she wouldn't have been in tears as she walked away. Hopefully it's not the end because that would be such a waste. And he better not start dating the new blond chick that's the divorce lawyers niece.
          Spoiler:

Unfortunately, writers not being able to write a convincing relationship after successfully building it up happens on a lot of shows and I'm getting rather sick of it. I definitely do not believe that Will was just a **** buddy to Alicia, she has genuine feelings for him as evidenced by her tears when she broke up with him. I didn't get why she broke up with him either. He is not just a distraction in her life, he was a big part of her life. I think Grace's disappearance scared her so much that she wants to put her kids over everything and everybody right now. That's my only possible explanation for Alicia breaking up with Will. Damn you, Grace!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
            Maybe I am just not invested in Will/Alicia. Because I am not particularly bothered by it. But there are also other issues at hand to consider. He's her boss. He has a scandal slowly catching up to him that is sure to get ugly. And while I do agree that the show hasn't given them much screen time as a couple overall, they did talk about their relationship. They didn't have a long conversation about it. But they did have moments where they acknowledged certain things. Like when Will asked if he should meet her kids. She said no. I think that response spoke volumes tbh.
            I agree. Now, I do love Alicia/Will and I want them to be together in the end, but I always thought that impulsively giving into their feelings while Alicia was still emotionally struggling with the fallout to her ruined marriage, will most likely cause a relationship between Alicia and Will to fail. At least at this stage. Alicia had not even be sure if she truly considered a divorce when she began her relationship with Will, and she is clearly hesitant to introduce a new partner to her children, because she is convinced that they are still emotionally damaged by the scandal around Peter. And obviously she will always put her children first, regardless of the fact that they are insufferable brats (unfortunately I have to agree with that point )

Adding to that the fact that Will is Alicia's boss and under investigation for corruption, it makes a relationship even less advisable. I really, really want them to be together, but I think Alicia is emotionally unfit at the moment and Will needs to be able to prioritise between work and his private life before he can think of starting a serious relationship. I do think Will is way ahead of Alicia where commitment and emotional availability are concerned, but I don't think he truly thought the practical consequences of a relationship with Alicia through or he would not have been caught off-guard by Diane's speech to him. So, there is still a lot of work to be done before Alicia and Will can ride off into the sunset together, but I believe that it is the end goal of the writers.

Comment

3x11

Spoiler:
              Finally we're getting somewhere with Alicia and Kalinda! :bananadance: I've missed their dynamic. And after the last episode Alicia was basically cut off from every single person, so I'm glad this show realized this right away and started doing something about it. Can I say how much I loved badass-take-charge Alicia? Cary's been grating my cheese this season so I'm glad Alicia came in and told him who's boss. It irritates me even more to rewatch an episode midway through season 1 today and hear Cary say to Alicia he wouldn't mind losing the competition to her only to throw a flipping hissy fit when it actually happened. You'll get your comeuppance boy, just wait. When that stupid bitch Dana throws you to the wolves you won't be too happy and you'll probably go crawling back to Kalinda and Lockhart/Gardner. Oh yes, it'll happen. It's just a matter of time.

Totally sad and disappointed that Diane was the one to show up at the bar. : pout: Not cool, Alicia. Not cool. Drinks after work was yours and Kalinda's thing. Now you're bringing Diane into the mold. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if somehow Alicia/Diane/Kalinda became like the ultimate trio and were all badasses together leaving all of the boys in their dust. I mean, that's basically what's been happening anyway, but singularly. Each woman single-handedly takes care of business while the men just take credit for it as if they've done all the work. Maybe the three outcasts (ie: Alicia/Diane/Kalinda) can actually form a solid friendship with one another so they're not stuck in the usual typecast of the bitchy woman who can't make female friends. I mean can you imagine if Alicia actually makes partner and she's become bff's with Diane?! She'd still obviously be put between a rock and a hard place because Diane would want Alicia to back her up while Will would assume Alicia already has his back, but still. It could evolve into Diane/Will starting to fight over Alicia and suck up to her, basically having a complete roll reversal. Oh what a tangled web that would weave.

And lastly, I love Owen. And I love Drunk!Alicia. And I love drunk Owen/Alicia conversations. Even if their conversation did stomp on my Willicia loving heart.

Oh, that wasn't lastly, this is, Peter didn't anger the hell out of me this episode. Shocking, I know! But what angered me is how Alicia's all perfectly fine and dandy with Peter now but was still bitter and pressed towards Kalinda until she found out Kalinda found the atrocious one (who was happily missing from this episode :highfives: ). Hypocrisy is not a good look for you Alicia. Especially when it's in favor of your manwhore of a husband.
              Last edited by holypotatoes; 12-12-11, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Aww no, double posting. But it's been a few weeks so it should be fine.

3x13
                Spoiler:
                I feel like we went from having a few good episodes the last few weeks and now we're abruptly back to having lame episodes. I don't know, I just wasn't feeling tonight's episode. At least not the main case part of it anyway, and since that's what the show seems to want to focus on these days and not Alicia herself, it's understandable why I'm not fond of it. We have Jackie still being a hater bitch which is amusing but so not nice when she's going after like a 15-16 year old girl. I was so hoping that after Alicia found out about that from Zach that she'd go and tell Jackie off again. It was so much fun when she told her off before, I just want that recreated.

And Dana can go right along with Grace and DIAF already. Speaking of the obnoxious one, this has been how many episodes in a row that she hasn't been on? :bananadance: Let's be honest, the show isn't missing anything when she's gone. As well as Peter for that matter.

It seems like they've dropped the whole animosity between Alicia/Kalinda which is awesome. I was happy that the ice was thawing when Alicia bailed Kalinda out but now it's like the writers have pretty much had them get over the Peter stuff without actually acknowledging it. I really wanted Alicia to show up to the bar when they had Kalinda sitting their waiting with drink in hand. Too bad it was douchecanoe Dana that walked up instead. But sort of yay for Kalinda choosing Alicia over Will when it came to Dana's ultimatum. : shrug: I'm not sure how I feel about it. Happy that Kalinda's still backing Alicia but disappointed that she's throwing Will under the bus. Unless that was the whole plan when it came to the paperwork? Give Wendy/Dana/Cary what they wanted but really Kalinda took out the incriminating evidence that would actually hurt Will. IDK, I'm so confused with that. I just don't see why Kalinda keeps playing into Dana's games. Kalinda could have just gone on ignoring Dana and never opened the package and then what? Dana wouldn't really have anything. It's not like they can really prove the signature is a fake. Which sidebar, last weeks episode made no sense with that whole missing signature stuff. She apparently didn't sign anything so the divorce lawyer whose name I can't remember atm slipped the sheet into the papers that she needed to sign for her children's trust. Well that would mean it's actually Alicia's signature, not a fake. If the whole thing was about Alicia signing 6 pages and now there are only 5, why did the story change to a fake signature? I've honestly watched that episode like 3 times and I still don't get it. Either way unless they test the ink Dana wouldn't be able to find out whether or not it's a fake. Cary's already gone on record saying he doesn't know what papers were in the file so who else would they go to? It's just dumb.

And can I say how epic the next new episode (which is 2 weeks from now ) is going to be?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGIsueBPPsc Alicia being the HBIC is awesome! More please.
                Last edited by holypotatoes; 16-01-12, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Episode 3x15:
                  Spoiler:
                  So what did you guys about the new episode? I liked it a lot. Kudos to TGW to addressing the uprising in Syria! Once again the show proves that it is very adept at dealing with current issues and addressing such issues in an interesting way without being preachy. I have to admit, when the client saw his sister again on screen, I teared up a bit. I was very upset that Kalinda's contact in Syria seems to have been arrested or even murdered. Unfortunately, it is something that probably happens exactly like this a lot at the moment.

With respect to Will having to decide between a six month suspension and fighting (and possibly losing against) the Bar Board, I really did not get why Will had such a hard time with this decision. Six months is really not that long a time. I know from personal experience that most lawyers are workaholics who have a hard time doing anything else but in this situation taking the suspension was really the only way to go. I'm glad that Will eventually came to the same conclusion. I also think that this new situation of Will's might result in some interesting opportunities for the writers. What will he do in these six months? Will he develop interests other than the law (and sports)? Maybe he will find a completely different career. Who knows? I like that the writers can now play a little bit with Will's situation. It's also gonna be interesting to see how Lockhard Gardner (or rather Lockhard & Associates) will develop in Will's absence and if Will will really come back to the firm after six months.

Not enough Cary in this episode for my liking but at least it seems as if he and Dana are on the outs, which is great because I cannot stand Dana.

I'm very curious about Kalinda's case, which is now Alicia's responsibility. Hopefully, we will delve a bit further into the mystery that is Kalinda. I wonder whether her case has something to do with Kalinda's name change and her previous life, it definitely seems to be more complicated than tax problems. I hope working together on Kalinda's case will bring Alicia and Kalinda even closer together again and maybe they can further repair their friendship.

Comment

I?m still on season 1, episode 17, "Heart".
                    I really like this show and I like Kalinda, Alicia, Diane and Will. The characters are compelling as well as most cases of the week and the personal dramas.

Comment

I've been a big fan of this show since it first aired and it's good to see I'm not the only one!

Spoiler:
                      So what did you guys about the new episode? I liked it a lot. Kudos to TGW to addressing the uprising in Syria! Once again the show proves that it is very adept at dealing with current issues and addressing such issues in an interesting way without being preachy. I have to admit, when the client saw his sister again on screen, I teared up a bit. I was very upset that Kalinda's contact in Syria seems to have been arrested or even murdered. Unfortunately, it is something that probably happens exactly like this a lot at the moment.
                      Spoiler:
                      I liked this episode a lot, too. Like you, Cori, I'm glad the writers chose to address the situation in Syria. It's horrible and scary to think what it must be like there right now and what's even worse is things only seem to be getting worse. My thoughts are with the people there.

Spoiler:
                      With respect to Will having to decide between a six month suspension and fighting (and possibly losing against) the Bar Board, I really did not get why Will had such a hard time with this decision. Six months is really not that long a time. I know from personal experience that most lawyers are workaholics who have a hard time doing anything else but in this situation taking the suspension was really the only way to go. I'm glad that Will eventually came to the same conclusion. I also think that this new situation of Will's might result in some interesting opportunities for the writers. What will he do in these six months? Will he develop interests other than the law (and sports)? Maybe he will find a completely different career. Who knows? I like that the writers can now play a little bit with Will's situation. It's also gonna be interesting to see how Lockhard Gardner (or rather Lockhard & Associates) will develop in Will's absence and if Will will really come back to the firm after six months.

Spoiler:
                      I assumed Diane would be pleased to hear that the board gave Will the six month suspension option but it surprised me to see she actually wanted him to fight back. The only thing I could think of was that lawyers wouldn't want a thing like that on their permanent record in case they ever want to climb the legal hierarchy (become a judge, etc.), even though Will doesn't seem the type to be interested in a thing like that, but you never know.

It would seem too easy for Will to return six months later and still find things the same. As soon as Diane said he would have a place to come back to, I had a feeling he wouldn't come back. Diane and Will's relationship is a lot stronger now than it was in Season 2 and she has been behind him all throughout this season so it would surprise me if Will doesn't return as a result of her not wanting him to come back. Maybe the firm will get a new partner and Will will move on to start another new firm (and take Alicia with him). I don't see him changing careers, though.

Spoiler:
                      I'm very curious about Kalinda's case, which is now Alicia's responsibility. Hopefully, we will delve a bit further into the mystery that is Kalinda. I wonder whether her case has something to do with Kalinda's name change and her previous life, it definitely seems to be more complicated than tax problems. I hope working together on Kalinda's case will bring Alicia and Kalinda even closer together again and maybe they can further repair their friendship.
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm curious to see how things go on this front too. Things between Alicia and Kalinda had already started to thaw in the last few episodes and with Alicia handling Kalinda's case now, I can only see the two of them getting along better.

It'll be interesting to see what is in Kalinda's past. The writers have been hinting at many things since the beginning of the show and I can't wait to see what backstory they have planned for her.
                      Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

Working...
                      X