Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye

Hi everyone,

I don't want to make a big fuss but I just wanted to let everyone know that today will be my last day on Buffyforums and in BtVS fandom. I feel silly posting this as it’s so very dramatic, but it felt weird to leave here without a quick goodbye. I needed to do it for myself and to hold myself to it (I'm hopeless).

I never dreamt I would be in fandom this long or an active part of this community and it blows my mind it has been 16 years. To think I was just 14-15 years old when I made an account on Buffyworld, if you had told me I would still be here at age 31 I would never have believed you. I can actually still recall the day I created an account and I can safely say I assumed it would just be another site I would post on for a couple of days/weeks before I got bored or forgot my username/password and then moved on. I had no idea that it would be, literally, life-changing for me. This site has seen me graduate high school, go to university, go through several jobs, move cities, come out, homelessness, success... you name it. I made some incredible bonds with people on here who were willing to help me privately in some of my darkest times and their kindness will never be forgotten. You also all gave me so much joy when discussing this series and it's hard to imagine I won't see your names anymore on a daily basis. Those usernames have been a familiarity for me, a part of my everyday life, and I can't even remember what it was like not to know them. I will always have such an overwhelming fondness for this place as it’s been where I have spent the majority of my downtime for, literally, half my life now. A constant through so many changes in my life. But it's time for a change and with the site migration and recent unpleasant fandom news, I think this is as good as time as ever.

I have felt I have said everything I could possibly say about the Buffyverse and it's time to bow out. I still have such immense love for this show and it will always be my favourite TV series and Buffy will always be my favourite character, however I think I can show my appreciation for the series by simply rewatching and enjoying it now.

Thank you Nina and Stoney for keeping this community going and all your efforts to modernise it and keep it thriving. I will always have a special place in my heart for this community and I appreciate all your hard work. And thanks to everyone else for all the great discussions, the fun and the not-so fun times. Fandom's a crazy place but you all have made it what it is! A particular shout out to old-timers like KingofCretins, Silver1 and TimeTravellingBunny who we all certainly didn't see eye-to-eye on all the time, about either the show or real-world events, but who have been constants in my life for such a long time now.

I wish you all the happiness, health and safety in these crazy and unpredictable times.

Vampmogs

~ Banner by Nina ~

Cool runnings, man. Been a good run
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

I'm going to miss you Mogs. But I fully understand.

Comment

Oh my god, I am really sad to hear that. Take gods care of yourself and thank you for being part of buffyforums for so long. If you ever feel like coming back we would love to see you here again.

flow

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear you've decided to leave, vampmogs . I have only been active on this forum since a few years, but I have been lurking here for around 12 years and your posts were always among those I found most worth reading. I find it difficult to imagine BuffyForums without you. (I secretly hope you will not be able to stay away for long.)
          https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

You will be deeply missed Mogs and you'll always be very welcome back.

Comment

your thoughtfulness—

your ability to see through the
              distractions—

the acuity of your insight—

the glancings of your humor—

i cannot quite imagine this site
              without you...

but i can understand that, for you,
              a certain necessity, a call into
              departure, has threaded itself into
              your becoming...

and from all you have so generously
              given here, i cannot but imagine
              how much your turning that giving
              elsewhere shall benefit all it touches,
              all you touch—

all gentlest care, all thoughts, all—

Comment

Best wishes for your future path. Thanks for taking the time to say goodbye. I also secretly hope your journey leads you back here.

"I like who I am when I'm with him. I like who we are together."

Comment

I'll miss you too. Take care.
                  My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Aww thats a shame. I imagine just because you feel you're nothing new to say about the show it doesn't mean you can't check in now an again like I notice some other 'old timers' do?

I suppose this comes to us all, although I doubt I will ever completely loose interest in the show and It's characters. I may not have a lot new to bring to the Buffyverse table but I will always feel deeply invested in both the show and the fandom that surrounds it.

Nice to have known you Mogs even though we've often butted heads in the past I've always found your posts to be very interesting and often insightful. So to nick a saying from another fandom "Live long and prosper" Love.
                    Last edited by Silver1; 20-02-21, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Wow, I just saw this!

It's really sad to hear that you're leaving the fandom vampmogs. Although I do understand your reasoning (about feeling like you've discussed the show to saturation point). Fandom activity ebbs and flows which is natural, but I hope you'll drop in from time to time whenever you feel like it, all the same!

Wishing you all the very best.

It's been so great knowing you and I will definitely miss your posts and insights. BuffyForums doesn't quite feel the same without you, but it is nice that you wrote a message before leaving and it'll be great to have you revisit if/when you feel like. From the time I joined this site, I feel like I've gotten to know you better and you are definitely one of my favourite posters on here. Will miss you a lot! Good luck on everything going ahead

Comment

I'm a bit late for this but I wanted to wish you the best moving forward and thank you for being such a warm presence in the fandom. Hope you have a great life, you will be sorely missed !
                        What a challenge, honesty
                        What a struggle to learn to speak
                        Who would've thought that pretending was easier

Comment

De-lurking to say goodbye, though like the last poster I am somewhat late. I actually cannot remember now if we ever interacted, but definitely do recall your name from my own initial years in the fandom, here and on LJ. (I can't believe I am now learning that we're the same age and both started with Buffy 16 years ago.) It's been years since I was properly in the fandom, but every so often there'd be a trip back; you were a landmark in my fandom experience, and it's been great reading your posts. Have a great post-Buffy fandom life!

Comment

Take care. Be well
                            Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

This is very sad. I'll miss you a lot, I'm sure we all will.

You do what you feel best, but I'll be incredibly happy if you change your mind someday.

Take care and all the best.
                              You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Wow, just saw this post.

You have always been one of the most active and brilliant posters on this site. I’m very sorry to see you go. Hopefully, in the future, you can perhaps find your way back here to participate once again.

I would also like to say a special thanks for introducing me to Wentworth. I fully expect to watch the whole series and I’m grateful to you for introducing me to a show that I might never have known otherwise.

I wish you the very best in whatever you set out to do.

Comment

• Stoney
                                  Stoney commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yes! Wentworth is brilliant and I'll hugely miss discussing it with Mogs.

vampmogs Just seen this. I'm sorry to see you going. I wish you all the best

Comment

Working...
                                X