Tennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis

Listening to the Kyle Edmunds v's Cilic at the Aussie Open. Feeling nervous for him. Anyone else watching/listening?

I'm a bit of a temperamental tennis fan, I tend to follow Andy and Wimbledon specifically/avidly but not much else apart from catching odd matches. Obviously with Andy not playing at the Australian Open this year it means I haven't been tuning in. Do you know who are favourites for it?

Comment

Well Edmunds lost, so no Brit in the final. He did absolutely brilliantly and smashed all expectations, so he has a lot to be proud of. Like you Stoney, I'm petty much a fair-weather tennis fan, and will only get excited by the game if there's a Brit involved, or someone with a compelling story.

Comment

Watching Emma Raducanu in the US Open, first British woman to make a grand slam final in 44 years. Nerve wracking. She's only 18 and seems so cool. Fingers crossed

Comment

I didn't see all of the match, pretty much just the initial handful of games and the final one. She seemed to keep her composure really well considering the pressure she was under.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
            I didn't see all of the match, pretty much just the initial handful of games and the final one. She seemed to keep her composure really well considering the pressure she was under.
            Raducanu was fantastic, and so was Fernandez, plus she gave a lovely speech about the strength of New Yorkers and it was really touching.

I was a little annoyed by the interviewer at the end, who said he admired the strength and fortitude of these girls, but he also loved their bright smiles. I wonder if he'll comment on the smiles of Medvedev and Djokovic

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              I was a little annoyed by the interviewer at the end, who said he admired the strength and fortitude of these girls, but he also loved their bright smiles. I wonder if he'll comment on the smiles of Medvedev and Djokovic
              Ugh, that's grating.

The BBC headline announcements that run under their news reports through the night seemed to almost constantly be about the win.

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                It really was a fantastic game. Raducanu was amazing!

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Definitely one to watch.
            Working...
            X