No announcement yet.

Six degrees into the Buffyverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klaus Maria Brandauer was in Cyrano von Bergerac with Barbara Auer.
    Barbara Auer was in The Book Thief with Emily Watson
    Emily Watson was in Chernobyl with Stellan Skarsgård
    Stellan Skarsgård was in Avengers: Age of Ultron - directed by Whedon.

Sir Ian McKellen

sigpic

Comment

This is super easy but I'll have to use Lee Pace agaim (absolutely nothing wrong with that...)

Ian McKellen was in The Hobbit trilogy with Lee Pace
      Lee Pace starred in Possession with SMG

Next: Jonny Lee Miller
      You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Jonny Lee Miller

was married to Angelina Jolie, daughter of John Voight. John Voight was in Midnight Cowboy with Hoffman. Buffy quotes Hoffman in MC in Gone. (Apparently, AJ is Whedon's fantasy woman. He modelled WW on her: “For me, Wonder Woman was basically Angelina Jolie,” I'm throwing that one in).

Jim Broadbent.
        sigpic

Comment

Jim Broadbent was in Game of Thrones and Jane Espenson wrote an episode of Game of Thrones

Next: Connie Britton

Comment

Connie Britton was in Promising Young Woman.
            Chris Lowell and Max Greenfield were in Promising Young Woman, too.
            Chris Lowell and Max Greenfield were on Veronica Mars.
            Alyson Hannigan and Charisma Carpenter had recurring roles on Veronica Mars, Joss Whedon guest starred, and so did Adam Kaufman (Parker).

Next: Ray Stevenson
            You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Ray Stevenson was a voice actor in Star Wars Rebels
              Both Sarah Michelle Gellar and her husband Freddie Prinze Jr also were voice actors in Star Wars Rebels
              Sarah Michelle Gellar stars as Buffy

Next: Rafael L Silva

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Rafael L Silva is in 911 - Lone Star, created and written by Tim Minear , who wrote and produced Angel

Next: Spencer Tracy

Comment

• TriBel
                  TriBel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He's dead! Can we have dead ones? Do spiritual connections count? Are Ouija boards involved?

• Priceless
                  Priceless commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought it was to easy with the live ones. Lets shake it up a bit.

Spencer Tracy starred in Adam's Rib, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and a bunch of other films with Katherine Hepburn
                Katherine Hepburn starred in A Lion in Winter with Peter O'Toole
                Peter O'Toole played old Casanova in Russell T. Davies' Casanova, with David Tennant as young Casanova
                David Tennant was the Tenth Doctor in Dr Who, including in the episode that guest started Anthony Stewart Head

(For the record, no IMDB or Wiki was used here- my head is just full of info about actors in stuff I've watched 😀)

Next: Greta Gerwig
                Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 11-10-21, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Priceless
                  Priceless commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very impressive

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd be lost in this if I couldn't search for help. I often have a connection or two but need to find the rest to get them to fully link. Unless they're short, like having seen Richard Blackwood in Crystal Maze.

1. Gretta Gerwig is a writer of Mistress America which starred Juliet Brett
                2. Who was in an episode of The Walking Dead, which also stars Khary Payton
                3. (I don't think they were in the same episode so insert a step between cast members to connect to Khary)
                4. Who did some voice work on Family Guy which Seth Green provides one of the main character voices for

Next: Tony Todd

Comment

Tony Todd guest starred in the episode "The Visitor" of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
                  Armin Shimerman starred on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as Quark
                  Armin Shimerman was on Buffy as Principal Snyder

Next: Catherine Deneuve

Comment

Catherine Deneuve

was in Dangerous Liaisons, an updated adaptation of Las Liaisons Dangereuses.

SMG was in Cruel Intentions, an updated adaptation of Las Liaisons Dangereuses. Don't know if it was the same character - haven't seen CI.

Michael Gambon.
                    sigpic

Comment

• TimeTravellingBunny
                      TimeTravellingBunny commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's the same character. But isn't this pushing it a bit? Do actors playing the same characters in literary adaptations really count?

• Stoney
                      Stoney commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not really. I think we're pushing it a little with voice acting too - you don't know that they ever met. At least there's a reasonable chance if they were in the same episode. Having physically met should be the aim I think.

• TriBel
                      TriBel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah...it's probably pushing it but I think some of the others are.

Michael Gambon and Jonathan Price in "Uncle Vanya"
                    Jonathan Price and Olivia Williams in "The White King"
                    Olivia Williams in the "Nevers" to Joss Whedon

Matt Damon

Comment

• Tiny Tabby
                      Tiny Tabby commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry, spelled Pryce's name wrong, that is Sir Jonathan Pryce and Sir Michael Gambon
                      Last edited by Tiny Tabby; 12-10-21, 02:49 AM.

Matt Damon was with Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting, Dogma, upcoming The Last Duel, also co-writes with him etc.
                    Ben Affleck was in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, co-starring Amy Adams
                    Amy Adams played Tara's bitca cousin in "Family"

Next: Jodie Foster

Comment

1. Jodie Foster was in The Hotel New Hampshire.
                      2. Seth Green was also in The Hotel New Hampshire
                      3. Seth Green was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Next: Leonard Nimoy

Banner by Brendan

Comment

1. Leonard Nimoy was in Mission Impossible with Peter Graves
                        2. Martin Landau was previously in Mission Impossible with Peter Graves (I don't know if he/Nimoy were ever in any together)
                        3. Juliet Landau is Martin's daughter

Next: Hayley Mills

Comment

• Stoney
                          Stoney commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry, I didn't look the episode up and just assumed you were talking about Nimoy and Landau.

• TimeTravellingBunny
                          Editing a comment
                          I can't do anything with this last question without Wikipedia or IMDB, because I have no idea who Hayley Mills is. But hopefully someone else does and will do it!

• Stoney
                          Stoney commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know her mostly as a child star from films of the 1960s, but I think she has continued to act. She's the daughter of Sir John Mills.

EDIT: She must have as Pitching In that Pricey used is a recent tv series.

This is a long and convoluted one, but it is 3am . . .

Hayley Mills was in Pitching In with Larry Lamb
                        Larry Lamb was in Our Friends In The North with Mark Strong
                        Mark Strong was in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with Toby Jones
                        Toby Jones was in Wayward Pines with Reed Diamond
                        Reed Diamond has been in so many shows with BtVS alum but I'll go with Dollhouse, created by Joss Whedon

New: Michael Kitchen
                        Last edited by Priceless; 13-10-21, 03:41 AM.

Comment

1. Michael Kitchen was in Golden Eye with Robbie Coltrane
                          2. Who was in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with Robert Pattinson
                          3. Who was in Water for Elephants with Sam Anderson (Holland Manners on AtS)

Next: John Hannah

Comment

John Hannah was on Agents of SHIELD
                            Agents of SHIELD was created by Joss Whedon, even though he had nothing to do with it by the time Hannah was on the show. But the showrunners were Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, Joss' brother and sister-in-law and also formerly showrunners of Dollhouse.

Next: Christopher Meloni

Comment

Too difficult? It's been two days. I can think of one in 3 degrees and there are probably others, too.

Comment

If we count voice acting Christopher Meloni was in an episode of Family Guy with Seth Green, but I'm never sure whether to count those as I don't know if they tend to record individually??

But if it'd be accepted, next: Winona Ryder

Comment

• TimeTravellingBunny
                                  Editing a comment
                                  And also, he was on Oz with JK SImmons, who was on Veronica Mars, although only in the dreadful Hulu revival, but VM has all the Buffy links I mentioned.

• Stoney
                                  Stoney commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Fab. I reason anyway, even if he didn't meet Seth he will have met others involved who Seth deals with too, so at most there is one further step in there with the members of a show's team/producers.

• TimeTravellingBunny
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Oh, I just remembered one even more direct! Joel Grey had a recurring role on Oz (and of couirse was Doc on Buffy).
                              Working...
                              X