Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    ^^seconded. Thanks for all you have done. Looking forward to S6 but appreciate these things take time.

• StateOfSiege97
    commented on 's reply
    dearest—

Never think to apologize:

Feel no pressure for moreness, feel but
    gratitude for all you have given thereness,
    here—

• SpuffyGlitz
    replied
    Yay for S5!

I'm working on getting S6 up. Thanks, all, for your patience.

Leave a comment:

• StateOfSiege97
    replied
    Given all I have written, it seems
    apt it be I:

- The Gift
    + The Body

••• Winner • The Body ••••

and onto S6....

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    02. The Gift
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    07. The Weight of the World
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    20. I Was Made to Love You
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Let's wrap this up and move on to S6.

- The Gift
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 25

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• TimeTravellingBunny
    replied
    - The Gift
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 24

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• TimeTravellingBunny
    replied
    - The Gift
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 23

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    - The Gift
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 22

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• StateOfSiege97
    replied
    days have passed, many—

shall we put S5 to sleep—?

- The Gift
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 21

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• StateOfSiege97
    replied

- The Gift
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 20

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• TimeTravellingBunny
    replied

- The Gift
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 19

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• StateOfSiege97
    commented on 's reply
    your generosity, Stoney, is
    here much appreciated...

and to this thanks i should
    add that had sentiment swung
    otherwise, i would not have
    felt the press of bitterness or
    disappointment...

• Stoney
    replied
    Going by each individual player's choice, we have a 3 vs 2 vote in favour of The Body. So, I'm not going to draw it out trying to upvote The Gift anymore.

- The Gift
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 18

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• SpuffyGlitz
    commented on 's reply
    ​I love The Gift's prologue for exactly those reasons too

• SpuffyGlitz
    replied
    I'd be equally happy if The Gift won too. This is very hard.

- The Gift -
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 17

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• StateOfSiege97
    replied
    This season has what I think must be
    my two most favorite prologues...

The Gift gives us Buffy as she has
    always been—punningly precise in
    her decimation of the vampiric—and
    what she has become—beyond
    weary with its repetition...

Her "That's what I keep saying" a
    wistful echo of her S1-2 longings
    to be a Normal Girl...

That line alone, with SMG's delivery,
    prefigures the Leap to come...

But The Body—and in this,
    American Aurora, it is not, as
    I explicated above, merely a
    repetition of IWMTLY's end...

I fully understand choosing The Gift
    for other reasons, but not dismissing
    it as nothing more than blank iteration:

For what the prologue gives to think—
    think in its inescapable affective force—
    is not the bare fact of Joyce's death...

It is Buffy's experience of that fact—

Buffy's experience—as a woman
    who has inflicted countless deaths, is
    fated, if she survive, to inflict countless
    more, night upon night—of this death,
    this absolutely human death, this
    death against which her ever-greater
    powers availed not...

What thus goes beyond repetition:

Quietly ineluctable Catastrophe—

The entire world, even more than in
    Buffy's killing of Angel, falling...

Catastrophe that refracts through the
    infinitely slow collapse of Buffy's face,
    that beats itself out through the irregular,
    graspingly varied rhythms of her repeated,
    with her voice shrinking in upon itself,
    responseless call:

Mom?.... Mom?.... Mommy—?

- The Gift -
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 16

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow
    Last edited by StateOfSiege97; 07-07-21, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TimeTravellingBunny
    replied

- The Gift - it is great and all, but...
    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 15

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Great to have you both back again.

+ The Gift.
    - The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 14

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 12

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• American Aurora
    replied
    Sorry, I hadn’t seen the thread in a while and didn’t even know it was continuing!

+ The Gift.
    - The Body (again, great opening but a repeat of the end of I Was Made to Love You)

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 15

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

Leave a comment:

• SpuffyGlitz
    replied
    Whoops, sorry, I'm back! I'd be equally happy for either to win, so I'll essentially be dithering back and forth between both, lol.

+ The Body
    - Fool for Love (nothing witty to say at the moment so...*goodbye*)

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 16

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Buffy vs Dracula
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love