Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• + The Body
    - Buffy vs Dracula

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. - 2

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 6

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 10

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    05. Listening to Fear
    06. The Real Me
    07. The Weight of the World
    08. Out of My Mind
    09. Family
    10. Forever
    11. Intervention
    12. Tough Love
    13. Crush
    14. Into the Woods
    15. Triangle
    16. No Place Like Home
    17. Spiral
    18. Checkpoint
    19. Blood Ties
    20. I Was Made to Love You
    21. The Replacement
    22. Shadow

You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• + The Body
      - Fool for Love

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. - 2

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 5

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 11

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
      05. Listening to Fear
      06. The Real Me
      08. Out of My Mind
      09. Family
      10. Forever
      11. Intervention
      12. Tough Love
      13. Crush
      14. Into the Woods
      15. Triangle
      16. No Place Like Home
      17. Spiral
      18. Checkpoint
      19. Blood Ties
      21. The Replacement
      22. Shadow

Comment

• + The Body
        - Fool for Love

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 4

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 12

Reset at:

Eliminated:
        05. Listening to Fear
        06. The Real Me
        08. Out of My Mind
        09. Family
        10. Forever
        11. Intervention
        12. Tough Love
        13. Crush
        14. Into the Woods
        15. Triangle
        16. No Place Like Home
        17. Spiral
        18. Checkpoint
        19. Blood Ties
        21. The Replacement
        22. Shadow

Comment

• + The Gift
          - Buffy vs Dracula

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. - 1

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 4

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 12

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
          05. Listening to Fear
          06. The Real Me
          08. Out of My Mind
          09. Family
          10. Forever
          11. Intervention
          12. Tough Love
          13. Crush
          14. Into the Woods
          15. Triangle
          16. No Place Like Home
          17. Spiral
          18. Checkpoint
          19. Blood Ties
          21. The Replacement
          22. Shadow

Comment

• + The Body
            - Buffy vs Dracula *staked then warned not to reassemble again*

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 13

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
            04. Buffy vs Dracula
            05. Listening to Fear
            06. The Real Me
            08. Out of My Mind
            09. Family
            10. Forever
            11. Intervention
            12. Tough Love
            13. Crush
            14. Into the Woods
            15. Triangle
            16. No Place Like Home
            17. Spiral
            18. Checkpoint
            19. Blood Ties
            21. The Replacement
            22. Shadow

You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• + The Body
              - Fool for Love

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 3

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 14

Reset at:

Eliminated:
              04. Buffy vs Dracula
              05. Listening to Fear
              06. The Real Me
              08. Out of My Mind
              09. Family
              10. Forever
              11. Intervention
              12. Tough Love
              13. Crush
              14. Into the Woods
              15. Triangle
              16. No Place Like Home
              17. Spiral
              18. Checkpoint
              19. Blood Ties
              21. The Replacement
              22. Shadow

Comment

• many days passed....

and i should add here:

i adore the Prologue of The Gift
                it may be my second favorite of
                the series, nd I would not mind if
                it were to win...

but The Body simply does, moves, means even more—

+ The Body
                - Fool for Love

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 2

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 15

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                04. Buffy vs Dracula
                05. Listening to Fear
                06. The Real Me
                08. Out of My Mind
                09. Family
                10. Forever
                11. Intervention
                12. Tough Love
                13. Crush
                14. Into the Woods
                15. Triangle
                16. No Place Like Home
                17. Spiral
                18. Checkpoint
                19. Blood Ties
                21. The Replacement
                22. Shadow

Comment

• I would understand if The Body won, but I love how The Gift really touches on the constant element of Buffy's slay/life balance.

+ The Gift
                  - Fool for Love

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 1

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 15

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                  04. Buffy vs Dracula
                  05. Listening to Fear
                  06. The Real Me
                  08. Out of My Mind
                  09. Family
                  10. Forever
                  11. Intervention
                  12. Tough Love
                  13. Crush
                  14. Into the Woods
                  15. Triangle
                  16. No Place Like Home
                  17. Spiral
                  18. Checkpoint
                  19. Blood Ties
                  21. The Replacement
                  22. Shadow

Comment

• 2 days have passed again. Is anyone else still playing as StateOfSiege97 and I are just going to keep cancelling each other out - TimeTravellingBunny , SpuffyGlitz , American Aurora ?

Comment

• Whoops, sorry, I'm back! I'd be equally happy for either to win, so I'll essentially be dithering back and forth between both, lol.

+ The Body
                      - Fool for Love (nothing witty to say at the moment so...*goodbye*)

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 16

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                      03. Fool for Love
                      04. Buffy vs Dracula
                      05. Listening to Fear
                      06. The Real Me
                      08. Out of My Mind
                      09. Family
                      10. Forever
                      11. Intervention
                      12. Tough Love
                      13. Crush
                      14. Into the Woods
                      15. Triangle
                      16. No Place Like Home
                      17. Spiral
                      18. Checkpoint
                      19. Blood Ties
                      21. The Replacement
                      22. Shadow

Comment

• Sorry, I hadn’t seen the thread in a while and didn’t even know it was continuing!

+ The Gift.
                        - The Body (again, great opening but a repeat of the end of I Was Made to Love You)

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                        03. Fool for Love
                        04. Buffy vs Dracula
                        05. Listening to Fear
                        06. The Real Me
                        08. Out of My Mind
                        09. Family
                        10. Forever
                        11. Intervention
                        12. Tough Love
                        13. Crush
                        14. Into the Woods
                        15. Triangle
                        16. No Place Like Home
                        17. Spiral
                        18. Checkpoint
                        19. Blood Ties
                        21. The Replacement
                        22. Shadow

Comment

• Great to have you both back again.

+ The Gift.
                          - The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 14

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 12

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                          03. Fool for Love
                          04. Buffy vs Dracula
                          05. Listening to Fear
                          06. The Real Me
                          08. Out of My Mind
                          09. Family
                          10. Forever
                          11. Intervention
                          12. Tough Love
                          13. Crush
                          14. Into the Woods
                          15. Triangle
                          16. No Place Like Home
                          17. Spiral
                          18. Checkpoint
                          19. Blood Ties
                          21. The Replacement
                          22. Shadow

Comment

• - The Gift - it is great and all, but...
                            + The Body

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                            03. Fool for Love
                            04. Buffy vs Dracula
                            05. Listening to Fear
                            06. The Real Me
                            08. Out of My Mind
                            09. Family
                            10. Forever
                            11. Intervention
                            12. Tough Love
                            13. Crush
                            14. Into the Woods
                            15. Triangle
                            16. No Place Like Home
                            17. Spiral
                            18. Checkpoint
                            19. Blood Ties
                            21. The Replacement
                            22. Shadow

Comment

• This season has what I think must be
                              my two most favorite prologues...

The Gift gives us Buffy as she has
                              always been—punningly precise in
                              her decimation of the vampiric—and
                              what she has become—beyond
                              weary with its repetition...

Her "That's what I keep saying" a
                              wistful echo of her S1-2 longings
                              to be a Normal Girl...

That line alone, with SMG's delivery,
                              prefigures the Leap to come...

But The Body—and in this,
                              American Aurora, it is not, as
                              I explicated above, merely a
                              repetition of IWMTLY's end...

I fully understand choosing The Gift
                              for other reasons, but not dismissing
                              it as nothing more than blank iteration:

For what the prologue gives to think—
                              think in its inescapable affective force—
                              is not the bare fact of Joyce's death...

It is Buffy's experience of that fact—

Buffy's experience—as a woman
                              who has inflicted countless deaths, is
                              fated, if she survive, to inflict countless
                              more, night upon night—of this death,
                              this absolutely human death, this
                              death against which her ever-greater
                              powers availed not...

What thus goes beyond repetition:

Quietly ineluctable Catastrophe—

The entire world, even more than in
                              Buffy's killing of Angel, falling...

Catastrophe that refracts through the
                              infinitely slow collapse of Buffy's face,
                              that beats itself out through the irregular,
                              graspingly varied rhythms of her repeated,
                              with her voice shrinking in upon itself,
                              responseless call:

Mom?.... Mom?.... Mommy—?

- The Gift -
                              + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 16

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                              03. Fool for Love
                              04. Buffy vs Dracula
                              05. Listening to Fear
                              06. The Real Me
                              08. Out of My Mind
                              09. Family
                              10. Forever
                              11. Intervention
                              12. Tough Love
                              13. Crush
                              14. Into the Woods
                              15. Triangle
                              16. No Place Like Home
                              17. Spiral
                              18. Checkpoint
                              19. Blood Ties
                              21. The Replacement
                              22. Shadow
                              Last edited by StateOfSiege97; 07-07-21, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
                                SpuffyGlitz commented
                                Editing a comment
                                ​I love The Gift's prologue for exactly those reasons too

• I'd be equally happy if The Gift won too. This is very hard.

- The Gift -
                              + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 17

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                              03. Fool for Love
                              04. Buffy vs Dracula
                              05. Listening to Fear
                              06. The Real Me
                              08. Out of My Mind
                              09. Family
                              10. Forever
                              11. Intervention
                              12. Tough Love
                              13. Crush
                              14. Into the Woods
                              15. Triangle
                              16. No Place Like Home
                              17. Spiral
                              18. Checkpoint
                              19. Blood Ties
                              21. The Replacement
                              22. Shadow

Comment

• Going by each individual player's choice, we have a 3 vs 2 vote in favour of The Body. So, I'm not going to draw it out trying to upvote The Gift anymore.

- The Gift
                                + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 18

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                03. Fool for Love
                                04. Buffy vs Dracula
                                05. Listening to Fear
                                06. The Real Me
                                08. Out of My Mind
                                09. Family
                                10. Forever
                                11. Intervention
                                12. Tough Love
                                13. Crush
                                14. Into the Woods
                                15. Triangle
                                16. No Place Like Home
                                17. Spiral
                                18. Checkpoint
                                19. Blood Ties
                                21. The Replacement
                                22. Shadow

Comment

• StateOfSiege97
                                  StateOfSiege97 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  your generosity, Stoney, is
                                  here much appreciated...

and to this thanks i should
                                  add that had sentiment swung
                                  otherwise, i would not have
                                  felt the press of bitterness or
                                  disappointment...

• - The Gift
                                + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 19

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                03. Fool for Love
                                04. Buffy vs Dracula
                                05. Listening to Fear
                                06. The Real Me
                                08. Out of My Mind
                                09. Family
                                10. Forever
                                11. Intervention
                                12. Tough Love
                                13. Crush
                                14. Into the Woods
                                15. Triangle
                                16. No Place Like Home
                                17. Spiral
                                18. Checkpoint
                                19. Blood Ties
                                21. The Replacement
                                22. Shadow

Comment

• - The Gift
                                  + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 20

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                  03. Fool for Love
                                  04. Buffy vs Dracula
                                  05. Listening to Fear
                                  06. The Real Me
                                  08. Out of My Mind
                                  09. Family
                                  10. Forever
                                  11. Intervention
                                  12. Tough Love
                                  13. Crush
                                  14. Into the Woods
                                  15. Triangle
                                  16. No Place Like Home
                                  17. Spiral
                                  18. Checkpoint
                                  19. Blood Ties
                                  21. The Replacement
                                  22. Shadow

Comment

• days have passed, many—

shall we put S5 to sleep—?

- The Gift
                                    + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 21

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                    03. Fool for Love
                                    04. Buffy vs Dracula
                                    05. Listening to Fear
                                    06. The Real Me
                                    08. Out of My Mind
                                    09. Family
                                    10. Forever
                                    11. Intervention
                                    12. Tough Love
                                    13. Crush
                                    14. Into the Woods
                                    15. Triangle
                                    16. No Place Like Home
                                    17. Spiral
                                    18. Checkpoint
                                    19. Blood Ties
                                    21. The Replacement
                                    22. Shadow

Comment

• - The Gift
                                      + The Body

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 22

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                      03. Fool for Love
                                      04. Buffy vs Dracula
                                      05. Listening to Fear
                                      06. The Real Me
                                      08. Out of My Mind
                                      09. Family
                                      10. Forever
                                      11. Intervention
                                      12. Tough Love