Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• + Buffy vs Dracula
    - Shadow

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. - 8

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" -5

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. -3

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. -5

No Place Like Home: In a factory at night, Buffy fights a biker vamp. A Nightwatchman calls after her. "Take your...whatever this is with you." He hands her a softball-sized, gently glowing orb. "Right. Thanks." "Glow balls...I swear I don't get your generation. I mean, what is that thing?" Buffy walks away from him slowly. "I'll let you know when I find out." -5

Family: Buffy and Giles in her living room converse about Glory: "Yes. We have to find out who exactly this woman is, and what it is she needs Dawn for. If she comes after you—" Buffy- "She'll come. She'll come for us." In a factory at night, Glory comes bursting out of a pile of rubble, breathing hard, covered in dust. "Okay. Now I'm upset." -5

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. -6

Shadow: In a luxurious bedroom with gold-framed paintings and an antique vanity, Glory's minion is talking. "It will work, Your Extremeness. Provided you have the other items you need." Glory: "Oh, don't worry. I'll have them all right..." She arrives at her vanity and looks down on a phone book resting on it, opened to an ad for "The Magic Box." She rips out the page. "I'll have it all." - 1

Listening to Fear: In an abandoned tenement at night, we see a filthy room with graffiti coloured walls. In the foreground Riley is sprawled on a stained bare mattress. A "vampire chick" in ratty pants and a bra has her fangs imbedded in his arm. A few dollar bills are strewn on a table. She drinks from him. -5

Into the Woods: In the waiting room at the hospital, Buffy, Riley and the Scoobies spy the doctor coming down the hall in his scrubs. She shakes Dawn awake. The others - Riley, Giles, Willow and Xander - stand as the doctor nears. Full of fear and anticipation. -5

Triangle: A young nun in a habit is grabbed by a vampire on the run from Buffy. She stakes him, then helps the nun to her feet. She asks questions as she leads her away: "So, um, about being a nun? With the whole abjuring the company of men thing? How's that working for you? The abjuring." Nun: "Um... good." Buffy: "Do you have to be, like, super- religious?" "Well, uh..." "How's the food?" -5

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." -5

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." -5

Crush: At the Sunnydale train station, a bored porter turns his attention to an approaching train. He waits for the passengers, but none appear. He steps onto the train, scanning the dimly-lit interior and freezes as he sees dead bodies strewn about. He bolts for the exit. Almost makes it out the door onto the platform when..."Help me! Please! Help m--!!" ...he's violently dragged back into the train. -5

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." -2

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 8

Forever: Buffy is looking at coffins with Dawn as the funeral director tells them "If you'd like a few more minutes to decide-" Buffy: "No. It's fine. It's done. Okay?" Dawn nods and Buffy moves off, retreating into her own space. Giles lays a reassuring hand on Dawn's back before heading after Buffy. But Dawn barely registers, looking at the coffins, stung by Buffy's brusqueness. -5

Intervention: In Warren's house, Spike is staring at the Buffybot he had commissioned. Without taking his eyes off her, he grabs Warren by the collar. "Wait. I'm not sure I'm a satisfied customer. She looks a little shiny to me. You know, a touch of plasticine…" Suddenly, Buffybot's eyes open. "Spike! Oh, Spike!" She grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him to her in a steamy kiss. Spike says simply: "She'll do." -5

Tough Love: In the hospital's locker room, Ben is muttering in fury. "You're taking everything away from me. Everything that I worked for. I earned. I care about. These are my choices. This is my life, and you're ruining it." Something dangerous inside him rumbles, and he's scared, pitiful. "No...no...not here...not now. I'm Ben. I'm Ben. I'm Ben!" He bangs his fist against the locker door but it morphs, the nails red. Glory dusts herself off, smoothing her hair. "I'm hungry." -5

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…" -5

The Weight of the World: In the abandoned gas station, Spike enters from outside. "The Slayer'll be all right. Won't she?" No answer from anyone. Xander urges Willow to try again. "Okay but I'm not sure if she's, you know, really in there." We cut to Buffy, who stares off into space, deaf and blind to the world around her. "Buffy? Can you hear me? Buffy? Buffy?" But Buffy can hear none of it... -5

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." -7

Reset at:

Eliminated:

You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• Our first Negation—!

+ The Weight of the World
      - Shadow (thrown into the light....)

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. - 8

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" -5

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. -3

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. -5

No Place Like Home: In a factory at night, Buffy fights a biker vamp. A Nightwatchman calls after her. "Take your...whatever this is with you." He hands her a softball-sized, gently glowing orb. "Right. Thanks." "Glow balls...I swear I don't get your generation. I mean, what is that thing?" Buffy walks away from him slowly. "I'll let you know when I find out." -5

Family: Buffy and Giles in her living room converse about Glory: "Yes. We have to find out who exactly this woman is, and what it is she needs Dawn for. If she comes after you—" Buffy- "She'll come. She'll come for us." In a factory at night, Glory comes bursting out of a pile of rubble, breathing hard, covered in dust. "Okay. Now I'm upset." -5

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. -6

Listening to Fear: In an abandoned tenement at night, we see a filthy room with graffiti coloured walls. In the foreground Riley is sprawled on a stained bare mattress. A "vampire chick" in ratty pants and a bra has her fangs imbedded in his arm. A few dollar bills are strewn on a table. She drinks from him. -5

Into the Woods: In the waiting room at the hospital, Buffy, Riley and the Scoobies spy the doctor coming down the hall in his scrubs. She shakes Dawn awake. The others - Riley, Giles, Willow and Xander - stand as the doctor nears. Full of fear and anticipation. -5

Triangle: A young nun in a habit is grabbed by a vampire on the run from Buffy. She stakes him, then helps the nun to her feet. She asks questions as she leads her away: "So, um, about being a nun? With the whole abjuring the company of men thing? How's that working for you? The abjuring." Nun: "Um... good." Buffy: "Do you have to be, like, super- religious?" "Well, uh..." "How's the food?" -5

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." -5

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." -5

Crush: At the Sunnydale train station, a bored porter turns his attention to an approaching train. He waits for the passengers, but none appear. He steps onto the train, scanning the dimly-lit interior and freezes as he sees dead bodies strewn about. He bolts for the exit. Almost makes it out the door onto the platform when..."Help me! Please! Help m--!!" ...he's violently dragged back into the train. -5

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." -2

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 8

Forever: Buffy is looking at coffins with Dawn as the funeral director tells them "If you'd like a few more minutes to decide-" Buffy: "No. It's fine. It's done. Okay?" Dawn nods and Buffy moves off, retreating into her own space. Giles lays a reassuring hand on Dawn's back before heading after Buffy. But Dawn barely registers, looking at the coffins, stung by Buffy's brusqueness. -5

Intervention: In Warren's house, Spike is staring at the Buffybot he had commissioned. Without taking his eyes off her, he grabs Warren by the collar. "Wait. I'm not sure I'm a satisfied customer. She looks a little shiny to me. You know, a touch of plasticine…" Suddenly, Buffybot's eyes open. "Spike! Oh, Spike!" She grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him to her in a steamy kiss. Spike says simply: "She'll do." -5

Tough Love: In the hospital's locker room, Ben is muttering in fury. "You're taking everything away from me. Everything that I worked for. I earned. I care about. These are my choices. This is my life, and you're ruining it." Something dangerous inside him rumbles, and he's scared, pitiful. "No...no...not here...not now. I'm Ben. I'm Ben. I'm Ben!" He bangs his fist against the locker door but it morphs, the nails red. Glory dusts herself off, smoothing her hair. "I'm hungry." -5

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…" -5

The Weight of the World: In the abandoned gas station, Spike enters from outside. "The Slayer'll be all right. Won't she?" No answer from anyone. Xander urges Willow to try again. "Okay but I'm not sure if she's, you know, really in there." We cut to Buffy, who stares off into space, deaf and blind to the world around her. "Buffy? Can you hear me? Buffy? Buffy?" But Buffy can hear none of it... -6

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." -7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
      22. Shadow

Comment

• + The Weight of the World
        - The Replacement

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. -2

The Weight of the World: In the abandoned gas station, Spike enters from outside. "The Slayer'll be all right. Won't she?" No answer from anyone. Xander urges Willow to try again. "Okay but I'm not sure if she's, you know, really in there." We cut to Buffy, who stares off into space, deaf and blind to the world around her. "Buffy? Can you hear me? Buffy? Buffy?" But Buffy can hear none of it... -7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
        22. Shadow

Comment

• + Real Me
          - I Was Made to Love You

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" - 6

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. - 2

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. - 5

No Place Like Home: In a factory at night, Buffy fights a biker vamp. A Nightwatchman calls after her. "Take your...whatever this is with you." He hands her a softball-sized, gently glowing orb. "Right. Thanks." "Glow balls...I swear I don't get your generation. I mean, what is that thing?" Buffy walks away from him slowly. "I'll let you know when I find out." - 5

Family: Buffy and Giles in her living room converse about Glory: "Yes. We have to find out who exactly this woman is, and what it is she needs Dawn for. If she comes after you—" Buffy- "She'll come. She'll come for us." In a factory at night, Glory comes bursting out of a pile of rubble, breathing hard, covered in dust. "Okay. Now I'm upset." - 5

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 6

Listening to Fear: In an abandoned tenement at night, we see a filthy room with graffiti coloured walls. In the foreground Riley is sprawled on a stained bare mattress. A "vampire chick" in ratty pants and a bra has her fangs imbedded in his arm. A few dollar bills are strewn on a table. She drinks from him. - 5

Into the Woods: In the waiting room at the hospital, Buffy, Riley and the Scoobies spy the doctor coming down the hall in his scrubs. She shakes Dawn awake. The others - Riley, Giles, Willow and Xander - stand as the doctor nears. Full of fear and anticipation. - 5

Triangle: A young nun in a habit is grabbed by a vampire on the run from Buffy. She stakes him, then helps the nun to her feet. She asks questions as she leads her away: "So, um, about being a nun? With the whole abjuring the company of men thing? How's that working for you? The abjuring." Nun: "Um... good." Buffy: "Do you have to be, like, super- religious?" "Well, uh..." "How's the food?" - 5

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." - 5

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." - 5

Crush: At the Sunnydale train station, a bored porter turns his attention to an approaching train. He waits for the passengers, but none appear. He steps onto the train, scanning the dimly-lit interior and freezes as he sees dead bodies strewn about. He bolts for the exit. Almost makes it out the door onto the platform when..."Help me! Please! Help m--!!" ...he's violently dragged back into the train. - 5

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." - 1

Forever: Buffy is looking at coffins with Dawn as the funeral director tells them "If you'd like a few more minutes to decide-" Buffy: "No. It's fine. It's done. Okay?" Dawn nods and Buffy moves off, retreating into her own space. Giles lays a reassuring hand on Dawn's back before heading after Buffy. But Dawn barely registers, looking at the coffins, stung by Buffy's brusqueness. - 5

Intervention: In Warren's house, Spike is staring at the Buffybot he had commissioned. Without taking his eyes off her, he grabs Warren by the collar. "Wait. I'm not sure I'm a satisfied customer. She looks a little shiny to me. You know, a touch of plasticine…" Suddenly, Buffybot's eyes open. "Spike! Oh, Spike!" She grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him to her in a steamy kiss. Spike says simply: "She'll do." - 5

Tough Love: In the hospital's locker room, Ben is muttering in fury. "You're taking everything away from me. Everything that I worked for. I earned. I care about. These are my choices. This is my life, and you're ruining it." Something dangerous inside him rumbles, and he's scared, pitiful. "No...no...not here...not now. I'm Ben. I'm Ben. I'm Ben!" He bangs his fist against the locker door but it morphs, the nails red. Glory dusts herself off, smoothing her hair. "I'm hungry." - 5

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…" - 5

The Weight of the World: In the abandoned gas station, Spike enters from outside. "The Slayer'll be all right. Won't she?" No answer from anyone. Xander urges Willow to try again. "Okay but I'm not sure if she's, you know, really in there." We cut to Buffy, who stares off into space, deaf and blind to the world around her. "Buffy? Can you hear me? Buffy? Buffy?" But Buffy can hear none of it... - 7

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
          22. Shadow

Comment

• + The Gift
            - Checkpoint

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" - 6

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. - 2

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. - 5

No Place Like Home: In a factory at night, Buffy fights a biker vamp. A Nightwatchman calls after her. "Take your...whatever this is with you." He hands her a softball-sized, gently glowing orb. "Right. Thanks." "Glow balls...I swear I don't get your generation. I mean, what is that thing?" Buffy walks away from him slowly. "I'll let you know when I find out." - 5

Family: Buffy and Giles in her living room converse about Glory: "Yes. We have to find out who exactly this woman is, and what it is she needs Dawn for. If she comes after you—" Buffy- "She'll come. She'll come for us." In a factory at night, Glory comes bursting out of a pile of rubble, breathing hard, covered in dust. "Okay. Now I'm upset." - 5

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 6

Listening to Fear: In an abandoned tenement at night, we see a filthy room with graffiti coloured walls. In the foreground Riley is sprawled on a stained bare mattress. A "vampire chick" in ratty pants and a bra has her fangs imbedded in his arm. A few dollar bills are strewn on a table. She drinks from him. - 5

Into the Woods: In the waiting room at the hospital, Buffy, Riley and the Scoobies spy the doctor coming down the hall in his scrubs. She shakes Dawn awake. The others - Riley, Giles, Willow and Xander - stand as the doctor nears. Full of fear and anticipation. - 5

Triangle: A young nun in a habit is grabbed by a vampire on the run from Buffy. She stakes him, then helps the nun to her feet. She asks questions as she leads her away: "So, um, about being a nun? With the whole abjuring the company of men thing? How's that working for you? The abjuring." Nun: "Um... good." Buffy: "Do you have to be, like, super- religious?" "Well, uh..." "How's the food?" - 5

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." - 4

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." - 5

Crush: At the Sunnydale train station, a bored porter turns his attention to an approaching train. He waits for the passengers, but none appear. He steps onto the train, scanning the dimly-lit interior and freezes as he sees dead bodies strewn about. He bolts for the exit. Almost makes it out the door onto the platform when..."Help me! Please! Help m--!!" ...he's violently dragged back into the train. - 5

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." - 1

Forever: Buffy is looking at coffins with Dawn as the funeral director tells them "If you'd like a few more minutes to decide-" Buffy: "No. It's fine. It's done. Okay?" Dawn nods and Buffy moves off, retreating into her own space. Giles lays a reassuring hand on Dawn's back before heading after Buffy. But Dawn barely registers, looking at the coffins, stung by Buffy's brusqueness. - 5

Intervention: In Warren's house, Spike is staring at the Buffybot he had commissioned. Without taking his eyes off her, he grabs Warren by the collar. "Wait. I'm not sure I'm a satisfied customer. She looks a little shiny to me. You know, a touch of plasticine…" Suddenly, Buffybot's eyes open. "Spike! Oh, Spike!" She grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him to her in a steamy kiss. Spike says simply: "She'll do." - 5

Tough Love: In the hospital's locker room, Ben is muttering in fury. "You're taking everything away from me. Everything that I worked for. I earned. I care about. These are my choices. This is my life, and you're ruining it." Something dangerous inside him rumbles, and he's scared, pitiful. "No...no...not here...not now. I'm Ben. I'm Ben. I'm Ben!" He bangs his fist against the locker door but it morphs, the nails red. Glory dusts herself off, smoothing her hair. "I'm hungry." - 5

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…" - 5

The Weight of the World: In the abandoned gas station, Spike enters from outside. "The Slayer'll be all right. Won't she?" No answer from anyone. Xander urges Willow to try again. "Okay but I'm not sure if she's, you know, really in there." We cut to Buffy, who stares off into space, deaf and blind to the world around her. "Buffy? Can you hear me? Buffy? Buffy?" But Buffy can hear none of it... - 7

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
            22. Shadow

You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• + The Real Me
              - The Replacement

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" - 7

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. - 1

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." - 4

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
              22. Shadow

Comment

• + Out of My Mind
                - The Replacement *replaced*

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" - 7

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                21. The Replacement
                22. Shadow

Comment

• + Fool for Love
                  - IWMTLY *decommissioned*

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. - 6

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                  20. I Was Made to Love You
                  21. The Replacement
                  22. Shadow

Comment

• + Out of My Mind
                    - Checkpoint

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. - 7

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. - 7

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                    21. The Replacement
                    22. Shadow

Comment

• + The Body
                      - Blood Ties

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. - 7

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." - 3

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." - 4

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                      21. The Replacement
                      22. Shadow

Comment

• + The Gift
                        - Blood Ties

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." - 3

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 9

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                        21. The Replacement
                        22. Shadow

Comment

• + Real Me
                          - Blood Ties

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" - 8

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." - 2

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                          21. The Replacement
                          22. Shadow

Comment

• + Real Me
                            - Blood Ties

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" - 9

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                            21. The Replacement
                            22. Shadow
                            Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 05-04-21, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• oops, it looks like there's a small discrepancy that's cropped up. The Body should be at 9 votes I think (based on StateofSiege's last vote).

Comment

• Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
                                oops, it looks like there's a small discrepancy that's cropped up. The Body should be at 9 votes I think (based on StateofSiege's last vote).
                                Unless TimeTravellingBunny was voting for The Body and not Real Me (which didn't gain an upvote). Then the points would be correct and it was just that the wrong episode was listed as the + ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post

Unless TimeTravellingBunny was voting for The Body and not Real Me (which didn't gain an upvote). Then the points would be correct and it was just that the wrong episode was listed as the + ???
                                  Sorry! I changed my mind, because The Body already has a lot of points and I wanted to spread it around a bit.

I've amended the points.

Comment

• It's been more than a couple of days so I'm voting again...

+ The Gift
                                    - Blood Ties *dust*

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" - 9

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                    19. Blood Ties
                                    21. The Replacement
                                    22. Shadow

Comment

• + Out of My Mind
                                      - Checkpoint

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. - 8

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." - 2

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                      19. Blood Ties
                                      21. The Replacement
                                      22. Shadow

Comment

• + Family
                                        - Spiral

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. - 8

Family: Buffy and Giles in her living room converse about Glory: "Yes. We have to find out who exactly this woman is, and what it is she needs Dawn for. If she comes after you—" Buffy- "She'll come. She'll come for us." In a factory at night, Glory comes bursting out of a pile of rubble, breathing hard, covered in dust. "Okay. Now I'm upset." - 6

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." - 2

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…" - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                        19. Blood Ties
                                        21. The Replacement
                                        22. Shadow[

Comment

• + The Weight of the World
                                          - Checkpoint

Family: Buffy and Giles in her living room converse about Glory: "Yes. We have to find out who exactly this woman is, and what it is she needs Dawn for. If she comes after you—" Buffy- "She'll come. She'll come for us." In a factory at night, Glory comes bursting out of a pile of rubble, breathing hard, covered in dust. "Okay. Now I'm upset." - 6

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." - 1

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…" - 4

The Weight of the World: In the abandoned gas station, Spike enters from outside. "The Slayer'll be all right. Won't she?" No answer from anyone. Xander urges Willow to try again. "Okay but I'm not sure if she's, you know, really in there." We cut to Buffy, who stares off into space, deaf and blind to the world around her. "Buffy? Can you hear me? Buffy? Buffy?" But Buffy can hear none of it... - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                          19. Blood Ties
                                          21. The Replacement
                                          22. Shadow

Comment

Working...
                                          X