Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - Fear Itself (actual size)
    + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 16

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fear Itself
    04. Superstar
    05. Something Blue
    06. New Moon Rising
    07. The Initiative
    08. Who Are You
    09. Pangs
    10. The Harsh Light of Day
    11. The Freshman
    12. Restless
    13. Beer Bad
    14. Doomed
    15. The I in Team
    16. The Yoko Factor
    17. A New Man
    18. Where the Wild Things Are
    19. Hush
    20. Goodbye Iowa
    21. Primeval
    22. Living Conditions

Comment

• clearly outnumbered here...

shall not insist on holding up the
      move to S5 much longer....

bt, for the moment, must insist:

+ This Year's Girl
      - Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 15

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
      03. Fear Itself
      04. Superstar
      05. Something Blue
      06. New Moon Rising
      07. The Initiative
      08. Who Are You
      09. Pangs
      11. The Freshman
      12. Restless
      13. Beer Bad
      14. Doomed
      15. The I in Team
      16. The Yoko Factor
      17. A New Man
      19. Hush
      20. Goodbye Iowa
      21. Primeval
      22. Living Conditions

Comment

• Sorry StateOfSiege97 , I do understand liking the promise of all that's about to come with This Year's Girl, but the moment of Spike's distraction and capture in Wild at Heart is such a key moment in his journey and unexpectedly pulls two factors together with The Initiative. And I really love how much his postering is cut short, it flags so much of what is to come for him in his image being tasered.

- This Year's Girl
        + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 16

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
        03. Fear Itself
        04. Superstar
        05. Something Blue
        06. New Moon Rising
        07. The Initiative
        08. Who Are You
        09. Pangs
        11. The Freshman
        12. Restless
        13. Beer Bad
        14. Doomed
        15. The I in Team
        16. The Yoko Factor
        17. A New Man
        19. Hush
        20. Goodbye Iowa
        21. Primeval
        22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - This Year's Girl
          + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 17

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
          03. Fear Itself
          04. Superstar
          05. Something Blue
          06. New Moon Rising
          07. The Initiative
          08. Who Are You
          09. Pangs
          11. The Freshman
          12. Restless
          13. Beer Bad
          14. Doomed
          15. The I in Team
          16. The Yoko Factor
          17. A New Man
          19. Hush
          20. Goodbye Iowa
          21. Primeval
          22. Living Conditions[
          You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• - This Year's Girl
            + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 18

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
            03. Fear Itself
            04. Superstar
            05. Something Blue
            06. New Moon Rising
            07. The Initiative
            08. Who Are You
            09. Pangs
            11. The Freshman
            12. Restless
            13. Beer Bad
            14. Doomed
            15. The I in Team
            16. The Yoko Factor
            17. A New Man
            19. Hush
            20. Goodbye Iowa
            21. Primeval
            22. Living Conditions

Comment

• not utterly convinced....

but to keep things moving:

- This Year's Girl
              + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 19

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
              03. Fear Itself
              04. Superstar
              05. Something Blue
              06. New Moon Rising
              07. The Initiative
              08. Who Are You
              09. Pangs
              11. The Freshman
              12. Restless
              13. Beer Bad
              14. Doomed
              15. The I in Team
              16. The Yoko Factor
              17. A New Man
              19. Hush
              20. Goodbye Iowa
              21. Primeval
              22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - This Year's Girl
                + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 20

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                03. Fear Itself
                04. Superstar
                05. Something Blue
                06. New Moon Rising
                07. The Initiative
                08. Who Are You
                09. Pangs
                11. The Freshman
                12. Restless
                13. Beer Bad
                14. Doomed
                15. The I in Team
                16. The Yoko Factor
                17. A New Man
                19. Hush
                20. Goodbye Iowa
                21. Primeval
                22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - This Year's Girl
                  + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 21

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                  03. Fear Itself
                  04. Superstar
                  05. Something Blue
                  06. New Moon Rising
                  07. The Initiative
                  08. Who Are You
                  09. Pangs
                  11. The Freshman
                  12. Restless
                  13. Beer Bad
                  14. Doomed
                  15. The I in Team
                  16. The Yoko Factor
                  17. A New Man
                  19. Hush
                  20. Goodbye Iowa
                  21. Primeval
                  22. Living Conditions
                  You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• - This Year's Girl
                    + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 22

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                    03. Fear Itself
                    04. Superstar
                    05. Something Blue
                    06. New Moon Rising
                    07. The Initiative
                    08. Who Are You
                    09. Pangs
                    11. The Freshman
                    12. Restless
                    13. Beer Bad
                    14. Doomed
                    15. The I in Team
                    16. The Yoko Factor
                    17. A New Man
                    19. Hush
                    20. Goodbye Iowa
                    21. Primeval
                    22. Living Conditions

Comment

• inching....

- This Year's Girl
                      + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 23

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                      03. Fear Itself
                      04. Superstar
                      05. Something Blue
                      06. New Moon Rising
                      07. The Initiative
                      08. Who Are You
                      09. Pangs
                      11. The Freshman
                      12. Restless
                      13. Beer Bad
                      14. Doomed
                      15. The I in Team
                      16. The Yoko Factor
                      17. A New Man
                      19. Hush
                      20. Goodbye Iowa
                      21. Primeval
                      22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - This Year's Girl
                        + Wild at Heart

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 24

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                        03. Fear Itself
                        04. Superstar
                        05. Something Blue
                        06. New Moon Rising
                        07. The Initiative
                        08. Who Are You
                        09. Pangs
                        11. The Freshman
                        12. Restless
                        13. Beer Bad
                        14. Doomed
                        15. The I in Team
                        16. The Yoko Factor
                        17. A New Man
                        19. Hush
                        20. Goodbye Iowa
                        21. Primeval
                        22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - This Year's Girl *back in coma*
                          + Wild at Heart - Season 4 WINNER

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 25

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                          02. This Year's Girl[
                          03. Fear Itself
                          04. Superstar
                          05. Something Blue
                          06. New Moon Rising
                          07. The Initiative
                          08. Who Are You
                          09. Pangs
                          11. The Freshman
                          12. Restless
                          13. Beer Bad
                          14. Doomed
                          15. The I in Team
                          16. The Yoko Factor
                          17. A New Man
                          19. Hush
                          20. Goodbye Iowa
                          21. Primeval
                          22. Living Conditions

Comment

• Yay! Onto Season Five now.
                            New season, new choices...

The Gift +
                            The Replacement -

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. -5

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" -5

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. -4

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. -5

No Place Like Home: In a factory at night, Buffy fights a biker vamp. A Nightwatchman calls after her. "Take your...whatever this is with you." He hands her a softball-sized, gently glowing orb. "Right. Thanks." "Glow balls...I swear I don't get your generation. I mean, what is that thing?" Buffy walks away from him slowly. "I'll let you know when I find out." -5

Family: Buffy and Giles in her living room converse about Glory: "Yes. We have to find out who exactly this woman is, and what it is she needs Dawn for. If she comes after you—" Buffy- "She'll come. She'll come for us." In a factory at night, Glory comes bursting out of a pile of rubble, breathing hard, covered in dust. "Okay. Now I'm upset." -5

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. -5

Shadow: In a luxurious bedroom with gold-framed paintings and an antique vanity, Glory's minion is talking. "It will work, Your Extremeness. Provided you have the other items you need." Glory: "Oh, don't worry. I'll have them all right..." She arrives at her vanity and looks down on a phone book resting on it, opened to an ad for "The Magic Box." She rips out the page. "I'll have it all." -5

Listening to Fear: In an abandoned tenement at night, we see a filthy room with graffiti coloured walls. In the foreground Riley is sprawled on a stained bare mattress. A "vampire chick" in ratty pants and a bra has her fangs imbedded in his arm. A few dollar bills are strewn on a table. She drinks from him. -5

Into the Woods: In the waiting room at the hospital, Buffy, Riley and the Scoobies spy the doctor coming down the hall in his scrubs. She shakes Dawn awake. The others - Riley, Giles, Willow and Xander - stand as the doctor nears. Full of fear and anticipation. -5

Triangle: A young nun in a habit is grabbed by a vampire on the run from Buffy. She stakes him, then helps the nun to her feet. She asks questions as she leads her away: "So, um, about being a nun? With the whole abjuring the company of men thing? How's that working for you? The abjuring." Nun: "Um... good." Buffy: "Do you have to be, like, super- religious?" "Well, uh..." "How's the food?" -5

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." -5

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." -5

Crush: At the Sunnydale train station, a bored porter turns his attention to an approaching train. He waits for the passengers, but none appear. He steps onto the train, scanning the dimly-lit interior and freezes as he sees dead bodies strewn about. He bolts for the exit. Almost makes it out the door onto the platform when..."Help me! Please! Help m--!!" ...he's violently dragged back into the train. -5

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." -5

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" -5

Forever: Buffy is looking at coffins with Dawn as the funeral director tells them "If you'd like a few more minutes to decide-" Buffy: "No. It's fine. It's done. Okay?" Dawn nods and Buffy moves off, retreating into her own space. Giles lays a reassuring hand on Dawn's back before heading after Buffy. But Dawn barely registers, looking at the coffins, stung by Buffy's brusqueness. -5

Intervention: In Warren's house, Spike is staring at the Buffybot he had commissioned. Without taking his eyes off her, he grabs Warren by the collar. "Wait. I'm not sure I'm a satisfied customer. She looks a little shiny to me. You know, a touch of plasticine…" Suddenly, Buffybot's eyes open. "Spike! Oh, Spike!" She grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him to her in a steamy kiss. Spike says simply: "She'll do." -5

Tough Love: In the hospital's locker room, Ben is muttering in fury. "You're taking everything away from me. Everything that I worked for. I earned. I care about. These are my choices. This is my life, and you're ruining it." Something dangerous inside him rumbles, and he's scared, pitiful. "No...no...not here...not now. I'm Ben. I'm Ben. I'm Ben!" He bangs his fist against the locker door but it morphs, the nails red. Glory dusts herself off, smoothing her hair. "I'm hungry." -5

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…"

The Weight of the World: In the abandoned gas station, Spike enters from outside. "The Slayer'll be all right. Won't she?" No answer from anyone. Xander urges Willow to try again. "Okay but I'm not sure if she's, you know, really in there." We cut to Buffy, who stares off into space, deaf and blind to the world around her. "Buffy? Can you hear me? Buffy? Buffy?" But Buffy can hear none of it... -5

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." -6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Comment

• not quite what i was expecting:

the strong ones—numerous—
                              resonate indelibly, and the season
                              gives but a few terribly of the
                              terribly weak....

what it does give: a mass malingering
                              on that fair-to-middling edge—

+ The Body
                              - Shadow

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. -5

Real Me: In the gym's interior, Buffy's eyes are closed in a Zen-like trance, balancing on her right arm. A card table has a small tower of crystals piled on top. A small hand places another crystal atop it and the tower crashes. Buffy's eyes snap open, she loses balance and collapses. Her "sister" Dawn hovers over her. "Can we go now?" -5

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. -4

Out of My Mind: In the graveyard, Spike watches Buffy and Riley move out of sight, eyes narrowed menacingly. "I will know your blood, Slayer. I will make your neck my chalice and drink deep." With a petulant toss of his head and a flash of overcoat, he walks deeper into the cemetery. But his elegant exit is thwarted as he missteps and falls into an empty grave. -5

No Place Like Home: In a factory at night, Buffy fights a biker vamp. A Nightwatchman calls after her. "Take your...whatever this is with you." He hands her a softball-sized, gently glowing orb. "Right. Thanks." "Glow balls...I swear I don't get your generation. I mean, what is that thing?" Buffy walks away from him slowly. "I'll let you know when I find out." -5

Family: Buffy and Giles in her living room converse about Glory: "Yes. We have to find out who exactly this woman is, and what it is she needs Dawn for. If she comes after you—" Buffy- "She'll come. She'll come for us." In a factory at night, Glory comes bursting out of a pile of rubble, breathing hard, covered in dust. "Okay. Now I'm upset." -5

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. -5

Shadow: In a luxurious bedroom with gold-framed paintings and an antique vanity, Glory's minion is talking. "It will work, Your Extremeness. Provided you have the other items you need." Glory: "Oh, don't worry. I'll have them all right..." She arrives at her vanity and looks down on a phone book resting on it, opened to an ad for "The Magic Box." She rips out the page. "I'll have it all." -4

Listening to Fear: In an abandoned tenement at night, we see a filthy room with graffiti coloured walls. In the foreground Riley is sprawled on a stained bare mattress. A "vampire chick" in ratty pants and a bra has her fangs imbedded in his arm. A few dollar bills are strewn on a table. She drinks from him. -5

Into the Woods: In the waiting room at the hospital, Buffy, Riley and the Scoobies spy the doctor coming down the hall in his scrubs. She shakes Dawn awake. The others - Riley, Giles, Willow and Xander - stand as the doctor nears. Full of fear and anticipation. -5

Triangle: A young nun in a habit is grabbed by a vampire on the run from Buffy. She stakes him, then helps the nun to her feet. She asks questions as she leads her away: "So, um, about being a nun? With the whole abjuring the company of men thing? How's that working for you? The abjuring." Nun: "Um... good." Buffy: "Do you have to be, like, super- religious?" "Well, uh..." "How's the food?" -5

Checkpoint: In Glory's apartment, she discusses Buffy with her minion. "That bitch knows more than she's letting on, I can feel it." Jinx: "If I may remind your eminence...you don't have much time." Glory: "Baby. If that girl's the only thing between me and my Key? I don't need much time." -5

Blood Ties: In the woods at night, a campfire crackles. Orlando and two other Byzantium Knights kneel around it in prayer, inverted swords held to their foreheads. They get a surprise visit from Glory's minions and fight them. But eventually, a well manicured hand catches the sword's blade an inch from Jinx's head. "Never send a minion to do a god's work." She backhands Orlando, deflects the knight's blows, sees the sword on the ground, and gets to it first. "Hey, nice sword." She looms over him, admiring the weapon. "Bet it hurts." -5

Crush: At the Sunnydale train station, a bored porter turns his attention to an approaching train. He waits for the passengers, but none appear. He steps onto the train, scanning the dimly-lit interior and freezes as he sees dead bodies strewn about. He bolts for the exit. Almost makes it out the door onto the platform when..."Help me! Please! Help m--!!" ...he's violently dragged back into the train. -5

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." -5

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" -6

Forever: Buffy is looking at coffins with Dawn as the funeral director tells them "If you'd like a few more minutes to decide-" Buffy: "No. It's fine. It's done. Okay?" Dawn nods and Buffy moves off, retreating into her own space. Giles lays a reassuring hand on Dawn's back before heading after Buffy. But Dawn barely registers, looking at the coffins, stung by Buffy's brusqueness. -5

Intervention: In Warren's house, Spike is staring at the Buffybot he had commissioned. Without taking his eyes off her, he grabs Warren by the collar. "Wait. I'm not sure I'm a satisfied customer. She looks a little shiny to me. You know, a touch of plasticine…" Suddenly, Buffybot's eyes open. "Spike! Oh, Spike!" She grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him to her in a steamy kiss. Spike says simply: "She'll do." -5

Tough Love: In the hospital's locker room, Ben is muttering in fury. "You're taking everything away from me. Everything that I worked for. I earned. I care about. These are my choices. This is my life, and you're ruining it." Something dangerous inside him rumbles, and he's scared, pitiful. "No...no...not here...not now. I'm Ben. I'm Ben. I'm Ben!" He bangs his fist against the locker door but it morphs, the nails red. Glory dusts herself off, smoothing her hair. "I'm hungry." -5

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…"

The Weight of the World: In the abandoned gas station, Spike enters from outside. "The Slayer'll be all right. Won't she?" No answer from anyone. Xander urges Willow to try again. "Okay but I'm not sure if she's, you know, really in there." We cut to Buffy, who stares off into space, deaf and blind to the world around her. "Buffy? Can you hear me? Buffy? Buffy?" But Buffy can hear none of it... -5

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." -6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Comment

• + The Gift
                                - I Was Made to Love You

Shadow: In a luxurious bedroom with gold-framed paintings and an antique vanity, Glory's minion is talking. "It will work, Your Extremeness. Provided you have the other items you need." Glory: "Oh, don't worry. I'll have them all right..." She arrives at her vanity and looks down on a phone book resting on it, opened to an ad for "The Magic Box." She rips out the page. "I'll have it all." -4

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." -4

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" -6

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." -7

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Comment

• It's been enough days to vote again....

+ Fool for Love
                                  - I Was Made to Love You

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. -6

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." -3

The Gift: A boy is trapped in an alley, speechless with fear. A male vampire approaches. Buffy appears, addressing him fearlessly. "Have you ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew?" The vamp attacks but she sidesteps, brings her foot hard into his knee, cracking it. "Oh God, my leg!" "See? now we're communicating." She catches a piece of wood as it flies from splintered boxes, slams it home, he dusts. "Been a long while since I met one didn't know me." Teen: "But - you're just a girl..." Buffy stops, looks back.. "That's what I keep saying." -7

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Comment

• + The Body
                                    - Shadow

Fool for Love: In a graveyard at night, Buffy is fighting with a regular vamp, when he sidesteps her stake, grabs her arm, twists, and suddenly brings down her own stake against her, held in her own hand. Shocked, she sees that she's been impaled through the side, under the ribs. -6

Shadow: In a luxurious bedroom with gold-framed paintings and an antique vanity, Glory's minion is talking. "It will work, Your Extremeness. Provided you have the other items you need." Glory: "Oh, don't worry. I'll have them all right..." She arrives at her vanity and looks down on a phone book resting on it, opened to an ad for "The Magic Box." She rips out the page. "I'll have it all." - 3

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." -3

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Comment

• + Buffy vs Dracula
                                      - Shadow

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. -6

Shadow: In a luxurious bedroom with gold-framed paintings and an antique vanity, Glory's minion is talking. "It will work, Your Extremeness. Provided you have the other items you need." Glory: "Oh, don't worry. I'll have them all right..." She arrives at her vanity and looks down on a phone book resting on it, opened to an ad for "The Magic Box." She rips out the page. "I'll have it all." - 2

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 7

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…" -5

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Comment

• + Buffy vs Dracula
                                        - The Replacement

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. -7

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. -3

Shadow: In a luxurious bedroom with gold-framed paintings and an antique vanity, Glory's minion is talking. "It will work, Your Extremeness. Provided you have the other items you need." Glory: "Oh, don't worry. I'll have them all right..." She arrives at her vanity and looks down on a phone book resting on it, opened to an ad for "The Magic Box." She rips out the page. "I'll have it all." - 2

Spiral: An eighteen wheeler slams into Glory. Buffy grabs Dawn and runs through the park on the other side. Several hundred yards from the truck, Glory crashes on a parked car, its alarm going off. She starts after Buffy but is stopped by a pain slamming through her body. "No! Not now, you idiot! Let... go... of my..." She bellows in rage as she transforms into Ben, who collapses to his knees, exhausted. "Oh god…" -5

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Comment

• + The Body
                                          - I Was Made to Love You

Buffy vs Dracula: In her bedroom, Riley is asleep but Buffy is wide-eyed and restless. She gets up quietly. Outside, she races after a vamp with astonishing speed. The intensity of her pursuit is wild, animal...like a leopard after its prey. As she rises from her kill, she breathes hard, eyes shining. We cut to her climbing back into bed. Unaware of her absence, Riley pulls her close. -7

The Replacement: It's a shadowy night. A tall, imposing hooded demon, TOTH, stands in front of a bubbling cauldron. He holds an inscription of arcane symbols length-wise over the cauldron: "The last step in thy forging is my pain. The price with which I purchase the death of the Slayer." He plunges his cylinder-holding arm into it, and screams skyward in pain and rage. -3

I Was Made to Love You: At night, a car pulls up to the curb on Sunnydale's most recognizable street. The door opens and a young woman, April, gets out. She's in a bright-coloured short dress with an open, pleasant expression. Driver- "Hey, you sure you wanna get out here? This place is kinda...I mean, what are you lookin' for in Sunnydale?" She looks around her, smiles. "True love." -2

The Body: Buffy enters her house, dropping her coat, calls for her mom, reads the card near the bouquet by the door. Nearing the stairs she calls again, turns. Sees her mother sprawled on the couch. "Oh! Mom. What are you doing?" She stops. "Mom?" Joyce is unmoving, eyes wide, her skin pale and bluish. Buffy stands, rooted, as realisation dawns. "Mom?" Her voice is small. "Mommy?" - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Comment

Working...
                                          X