BtVS Prologue Endings elimination game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post
    I'd definitely rate Fear Itself and all it says about Buffy's journey over Something Blue. I think Fear Itself, Wild at Heart and Superstar are probably three of my favourites here. Something Blue I've only not voted against because it was getting support but I'm not sure I would put it above any of those left now.
    i agree about Something Blue
    at this point—

especially in relation to Fear Itself:

In both, Buffy's violence has a
    certain mechanicity, automaticity,
    bu the latter infuses it with a certain
    darkness, a certain sadness and
    futility that prefigures S6....

i understand your Top Three, but
    would find myself compelled to
    push out either Wild at Heart or
    Superstar for This Year's Girl....

Comment

• Stoney
      Stoney commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooo yes, This Year's Girl is a top one too. I'd probably put it over Superstar.

• StateOfSiege97
      StateOfSiege97 commented
      Editing a comment

• - Pangs - I'll start downvoting HLOD next, but I prefer the Harmony reveal to the Angel reveal. The former is funny and has a lot more to do with the plot of the episode, while Pangs doesn't really have much to do with the plot of Pangs - it's just a running gag that sets up the next episode of AtS
    + This Year's Girl

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 7

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 6

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 12

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 10

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 5

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 5

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 11

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 7

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 8

New Moon Rising: In Giles' apartment, Buffy, Giles, Xander, Anya, Willow, Tara and Riley are gathered. They start to head for the door. Giles: "I do not appreciate your snide remarks, Anya. I have a great deal of experience in these matters and when I tell you I feel something of import brewing, I-I..." He falters, noticing that nobody is looking at him and follows their stunned gazes to the door. Oz has entered. "Hey." - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    11. The Freshman
    12. Restless
    13. Beer Bad
    14. Doomed
    15. The I in Team
    16. The Yoko Factor
    17. A New Man
    18. Where the Wild Things Are
    19. Hush
    20. Goodbye Iowa
    21. Primeval
    22. Living Conditions

You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• I prefer the Pangs one personally, but I'm happy with the push over past the reset to go to either Pangs or HLOD so I won't upvote Pangs against the chance it'll get voted out here and let it fall whichever side it's most popular between these two.

- HLOD
      + Fear Itself

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 6

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 7

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 12

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 10

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 5

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 5

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 11

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 7

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 8

New Moon Rising: In Giles' apartment, Buffy, Giles, Xander, Anya, Willow, Tara and Riley are gathered. They start to head for the door. Giles: "I do not appreciate your snide remarks, Anya. I have a great deal of experience in these matters and when I tell you I feel something of import brewing, I-I..." He falters, noticing that nobody is looking at him and follows their stunned gazes to the door. Oz has entered. "Hey." - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
      11. The Freshman
      12. Restless
      13. Beer Bad
      14. Doomed
      15. The I in Team
      16. The Yoko Factor
      17. A New Man
      19. Hush
      20. Goodbye Iowa
      21. Primeval
      22. Living Conditions

Comment

• Just varying my vote a bit..

- Superstar
        + Who Are You

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 6

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 7

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 8

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
        11. The Freshman
        12. Restless
        13. Beer Bad
        14. Doomed
        15. The I in Team
        16. The Yoko Factor
        17. A New Man
        19. Hush
        20. Goodbye Iowa
        21. Primeval
        22. Living Conditions

Comment

• what Stoney said—

- The Harsh Light of Day
          + This Year's Girl

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 5

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 12

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 8

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
          11. The Freshman
          12. Restless
          13. Beer Bad
          14. Doomed
          15. The I in Team
          16. The Yoko Factor
          17. A New Man
          19. Hush
          20. Goodbye Iowa
          21. Primeval
          22. Living Conditions

Comment

• + The Harsh Light of Day
            - Pangs

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 4

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 12

Reset at:

Eliminated:
            11. The Freshman
            12. Restless
            13. Beer Bad
            14. Doomed
            15. The I in Team
            16. The Yoko Factor
            17. A New Man
            19. Hush
            20. Goodbye Iowa
            21. Primeval
            22. Living Conditions

You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• - The Harsh Light of Day
              + Fear Itself

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 5

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 8

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
              11. The Freshman
              12. Restless
              13. Beer Bad
              14. Doomed
              15. The I in Team
              16. The Yoko Factor
              17. A New Man
              19. Hush
              20. Goodbye Iowa
              21. Primeval
              22. Living Conditions

Comment

+ Wild at Heart

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 4

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 8

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 13

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                11. The Freshman
                12. Restless
                13. Beer Bad
                14. Doomed
                15. The I in Team
                16. The Yoko Factor
                17. A New Man
                19. Hush
                20. Goodbye Iowa
                21. Primeval
                22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - Something Blue
                  + The Initiative

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 4

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 13

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 11

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                  11. The Freshman
                  12. Restless
                  13. Beer Bad
                  14. Doomed
                  15. The I in Team
                  16. The Yoko Factor
                  17. A New Man
                  19. Hush
                  20. Goodbye Iowa
                  21. Primeval
                  22. Living Conditions

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• - Pangs
                    + The Harsh Light of Day

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 11

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                    11. The Freshman
                    12. Restless
                    13. Beer Bad
                    14. Doomed
                    15. The I in Team
                    16. The Yoko Factor
                    17. A New Man
                    19. Hush
                    20. Goodbye Iowa
                    21. Primeval
                    22. Living Conditions

Comment

+ Superstar

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                      11. The Freshman
                      12. Restless
                      13. Beer Bad
                      14. Doomed
                      15. The I in Team
                      16. The Yoko Factor
                      17. A New Man
                      19. Hush
                      20. Goodbye Iowa
                      21. Primeval
                      22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - Fear Itself
                        + The Initiative

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 12

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                        11. The Freshman
                        12. Restless
                        13. Beer Bad
                        14. Doomed
                        15. The I in Team
                        16. The Yoko Factor
                        17. A New Man
                        19. Hush
                        20. Goodbye Iowa
                        21. Primeval
                        22. Living Conditions

Comment

+ This Year's Girl

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 3

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 12

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 13

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                          11. The Freshman
                          12. Restless
                          13. Beer Bad
                          14. Doomed
                          15. The I in Team
                          16. The Yoko Factor
                          17. A New Man
                          19. Hush
                          20. Goodbye Iowa
                          21. Primeval
                          22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - Something Blue
                            + The Initiative

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 3

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 13

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 3

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 13

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                            11. The Freshman
                            12. Restless
                            13. Beer Bad
                            14. Doomed
                            15. The I in Team
                            16. The Yoko Factor
                            17. A New Man
                            19. Hush
                            20. Goodbye Iowa
                            21. Primeval
                            22. Living Conditions

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• - HLOD
                              + Fear Itself

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 2

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 13

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                              11. The Freshman
                              12. Restless
                              13. Beer Bad
                              14. Doomed
                              15. The I in Team
                              16. The Yoko Factor
                              17. A New Man
                              19. Hush
                              20. Goodbye Iowa
                              21. Primeval
                              22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - HLOD
                                + Wild at Heart

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 1

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 14

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                11. The Freshman
                                12. Restless
                                13. Beer Bad
                                14. Doomed
                                15. The I in Team
                                16. The Yoko Factor
                                17. A New Man
                                19. Hush
                                20. Goodbye Iowa
                                21. Primeval
                                22. Living Conditions

Comment

• oooh....

finally get to put something out—!

and set off a

••• RESET •••

- The Harsh Light of Day (sunsetted... )
                                  + This Year's Girl

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 5

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 5

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 5

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 6

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 5

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                  10. The Harsh Light of Day
                                  11. The Freshman
                                  12. Restless
                                  13. Beer Bad
                                  14. Doomed
                                  15. The I in Team
                                  16. The Yoko Factor
                                  17. A New Man
                                  19. Hush
                                  20. Goodbye Iowa
                                  21. Primeval
                                  22. Living Conditions

Comment

• - Pangs
                                    + Wild At Heart

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 5

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 6

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 5

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 6

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 5

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                    11. The Freshman
                                    12. Restless
                                    13. Beer Bad
                                    14. Doomed
                                    15. The I in Team
                                    16. The Yoko Factor
                                    17. A New Man
                                    19. Hush
                                    20. Goodbye Iowa
                                    21. Primeval
                                    22. Living Conditions

Comment

• I'm really torn over The Initiative. The reveal of Spike in the cells and the glimpse in the complex is great. But the delivery of Spike's barely conscious ramblings if I'm honest irritates me a bit.

- Who Are You
                                      + Fear Itself

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 6

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 6

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                      11. The Freshman
                                      12. Restless
                                      13. Beer Bad
                                      14. Doomed
                                      15. The I in Team
                                      16. The Yoko Factor
                                      17. A New Man
                                      19. Hush
                                      20. Goodbye Iowa
                                      21. Primeval
                                      22. Living Conditions

Comment

• + Wild at Heart
                                        - Superstar

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 7

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 4

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                        11. The Freshman
                                        12. Restless
                                        13. Beer Bad
                                        14. Doomed
                                        15. The I in Team
                                        16. The Yoko Factor
                                        17. A New Man
                                        19. Hush