Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• + Superstar
    - Hush *eliminated*

The Freshman: It's night in the cemetery. Willow is helping Buffy choose her classes. A vamp rises from the grave as Buffy wonders how she'll integrate class with "extra-curricular activities." The vamp's smile fades. "I just can't let it take the edge off my slaying. I gotta stay sharp." She shakes her head, the vamp disappears. "Is this guy ever gonna wake up?" - 8

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 7

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 6

Beer Bad: Buffy has a fantasy in which she saves Parker's life. He rewards her with roses and ice cream. "Buffy, I don’t know what to say. After how I’ve treated you, and now I owe you my life. Can you ever forgive me?" With placid nobility, she takes a spoonful of the ice cream. Her prefect hair blows in a perfect breeze. - 5

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 8

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 8

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 6

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 6

Doomed: Buffy and Riley in her dorm room, deal with the aftermath of learning each other's identity. Suddenly, an earthquake hits, then subsides. Riley's a little jazzed. "Wow. That was some ride! Sorry. I'm a little excited. It's my first earthquake." Buffy stares out the window, feeling a sense of dread. "It isn't mine." - 5

A New Man: In Buffy and Willow's dorm room, Buffy and Riley are kissing. He asks "We're not expecting anyone, are we?" Buffy assures him Willow will be out all night. Willows bursts in with news of trouble and they head to the Rec room. The lights come on and the Scoobies yell "Surprise!" It's a surprise birthday party for Buffy. Willow: "Guess you won't be killing anything tonight after all." BUFFY "Don't be so sure..." - 4

The I in Team: In a clearing in the woods, Buffy's made a favourable impression with the commandos, although Forrest is unhappy. Graham: "Awesome, Buffy." Riley puts his arm around his girl and they walk off. "See? You're a hit." But Maggie looks up from her notes, she looks as cold as ice. - 5

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 8

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 6

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 7

Where the Wild Things Are: In his room at night, Buffy and Riley both feel irrepressible lust, arms and legs swimming all over each other. "Okay, I mean it now, first thing in the morning we go tell Giles." She yanks Riley's shirt up over his head, his hands search up under hers. "First thing. Good plan." - 4

New Moon Rising: In Giles' apartment, Buffy, Giles, Xander, Anya, Willow, Tara and Riley are gathered. They start to head for the door. Giles: "I do not appreciate your snide remarks, Anya. I have a great deal of experience in these matters and when I tell you I feel something of import brewing, I-I..." He falters, noticing that nobody is looking at him and follows their stunned gazes to the door. Oz has entered. "Hey." - 7

The Yoko Factor: In Adam's lair, Spike talks to him. "Just wanted you to know, when the Big Ugly goes down, Slayer's gonna be right in the thick of it. You ready for that?" Adam turns to look at Spike, a small smile on his lips. "I'm counting on it." - 5

Restless: We're in Buffy's living room. Xander's voice, off-camera, speaks: "Don't worry, I got plenty of chick- and-British-guy-flicks too. These puppies'll last us all night." Angle on the TV, the FBI warning is on it. We move up to a clock reading 9:46, then dissolve to 9:53. We get a reverse angle of the gang, fast asleep. Buffy snores prodiguously. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    19. Hush
    20. Goodbye Iowa
    21. Primeval
    22. Living Conditions

Results:
    Season 1 winner: Welcome to the Hellmouth
    Season 2 winner: Surprise
    Season 3 winner: Graduation Day, Part 1

You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• + Restless
      - WTWTA

The Freshman: It's night in the cemetery. Willow is helping Buffy choose her classes. A vamp rises from the grave as Buffy wonders how she'll integrate class with "extra-curricular activities." The vamp's smile fades. "I just can't let it take the edge off my slaying. I gotta stay sharp." She shakes her head, the vamp disappears. "Is this guy ever gonna wake up?" - 8

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 7

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 6

Beer Bad: Buffy has a fantasy in which she saves Parker's life. He rewards her with roses and ice cream. "Buffy, I don’t know what to say. After how I’ve treated you, and now I owe you my life. Can you ever forgive me?" With placid nobility, she takes a spoonful of the ice cream. Her prefect hair blows in a perfect breeze. - 5

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 8

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 8

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 6

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 6

Doomed: Buffy and Riley in her dorm room, deal with the aftermath of learning each other's identity. Suddenly, an earthquake hits, then subsides. Riley's a little jazzed. "Wow. That was some ride! Sorry. I'm a little excited. It's my first earthquake." Buffy stares out the window, feeling a sense of dread. "It isn't mine." - 5

A New Man: In Buffy and Willow's dorm room, Buffy and Riley are kissing. He asks "We're not expecting anyone, are we?" Buffy assures him Willow will be out all night. Willows bursts in with news of trouble and they head to the Rec room. The lights come on and the Scoobies yell "Surprise!" It's a surprise birthday party for Buffy. Willow: "Guess you won't be killing anything tonight after all." BUFFY "Don't be so sure..." - 4

The I in Team: In a clearing in the woods, Buffy's made a favourable impression with the commandos, although Forrest is unhappy. Graham: "Awesome, Buffy." Riley puts his arm around his girl and they walk off. "See? You're a hit." But Maggie looks up from her notes, she looks as cold as ice. - 5

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 8

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 6

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 7

Where the Wild Things Are: In his room at night, Buffy and Riley both feel irrepressible lust, arms and legs swimming all over each other. "Okay, I mean it now, first thing in the morning we go tell Giles." She yanks Riley's shirt up over his head, his hands search up under hers. "First thing. Good plan." - 3

New Moon Rising: In Giles' apartment, Buffy, Giles, Xander, Anya, Willow, Tara and Riley are gathered. They start to head for the door. Giles: "I do not appreciate your snide remarks, Anya. I have a great deal of experience in these matters and when I tell you I feel something of import brewing, I-I..." He falters, noticing that nobody is looking at him and follows their stunned gazes to the door. Oz has entered. "Hey." - 7

The Yoko Factor: In Adam's lair, Spike talks to him. "Just wanted you to know, when the Big Ugly goes down, Slayer's gonna be right in the thick of it. You ready for that?" Adam turns to look at Spike, a small smile on his lips. "I'm counting on it." - 5

Restless: We're in Buffy's living room. Xander's voice, off-camera, speaks: "Don't worry, I got plenty of chick- and-British-guy-flicks too. These puppies'll last us all night." Angle on the TV, the FBI warning is on it. We move up to a clock reading 9:46, then dissolve to 9:53. We get a reverse angle of the gang, fast asleep. Buffy snores prodiguously. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
      19. Hush
      20. Goodbye Iowa
      21. Primeval
      22. Living Conditions

Comment

• know our play here demands focus upon
        the Prologues only, but in giving it, cannot
        but feel the side effect—feel the ripples
        of the side affect—of one slight, seemingly
        meaningless linguistic shift:

the diminution of WTWTA's name to bare initials—

born, i know, of a desire for speed, but
        here carrying far weightier sense:

speaking, writing out the full title inflicted,
        repeatedly, palpable violence, a violence
        of deep stupidity, upon that so perfect
        embodiment of Wildness drawn forth by
        Maurice Sendak—

+ This Year's Girl
        - WTWTA

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 9

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 9

Where the Wild Things Are: In his room at night, Buffy and Riley both feel irrepressible lust, arms and legs swimming all over each other. "Okay, I mean it now, first thing in the morning we go tell Giles." She yanks Riley's shirt up over his head, his hands search up under hers. "First thing. Good plan." - 1

Restless: We're in Buffy's living room. Xander's voice, off-camera, speaks: "Don't worry, I got plenty of chick- and-British-guy-flicks too. These puppies'll last us all night." Angle on the TV, the FBI warning is on it. We move up to a clock reading 9:46, then dissolve to 9:53. We get a reverse angle of the gang, fast asleep. Buffy snores prodiguously. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
        19. Hush
        20. Goodbye Iowa
        21. Primeval
        22. Living Conditions

Comment

• I am the Prologue Ending Slayer!

+ The Harsh Light of Day
          - Where the Wild Things Are *no more*

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 8

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 9

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
          18. Where the Wild Things Are
          19. Hush
          20. Goodbye Iowa
          21. Primeval
          22. Living Conditions

You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• + The Initiative
            - A New Man

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 8

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 9

A New Man: In Buffy and Willow's dorm room, Buffy and Riley are kissing. He asks "We're not expecting anyone, are we?" Buffy assures him Willow will be out all night. Willows bursts in with news of trouble and they head to the Rec room. The lights come on and the Scoobies yell "Surprise!" It's a surprise birthday party for Buffy. Willow: "Guess you won't be killing anything tonight after all." BUFFY "Don't be so sure..." - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:
            19. Hush
            20. Goodbye Iowa
            21. Primeval
            22. Living Conditions

Comment

• I want to play the Buffy elimination game, but I'm still completely confused on how to play and don't want to interrupt the gameplay with stupid questions! And yet, here I am!

I went back and read the first page of this thread, but it still eludes me.

Is there any link to a page that explains how the game works? ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by American Aurora View Post
                I want to play the Buffy elimination game, but I'm still completely confused on how to play and don't want to interrupt the gameplay with stupid questions! And yet, here I am!

I went back and read the first page of this thread, but it still eludes me.

Is there any link to a page that explains how the game works?
                I don't think so.
                But it's pretty simple. You add one point to an episode, substract one point from another episode.
                And you can vote after 3 other people have voted (or if 2 days have passed since your last vote).

When we're left with 15 episodes (which will happen after we eliminate 2 more), there's a reset - all remaining episodes go back to 5 points. Except for the one you're voting for at the same time when you eliminate an episode which triggers the reset. But right now, you don't have to bother thinking about that, since there's two more episodes to eliminate first before we get to the first reset.

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
                  SpuffyGlitz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is much more succinct, lol. Thanks

• American Aurora
                  American Aurora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! It seems so much more complex when you're outside of it!

• It'd be awesome if you joined us American Aurora!

I copied from the original rules on the first page—sorry, it sounds so ridiculously convoluted, I know! I don't know what else to link to. I wasn't sure about the rules myself when I started playing elimination games, but threw myself in anyway lol. I'll try my best to explain!

1. Everyone gets to vote after 3 votes have been placed by others. The votes are placed in turns of three - so if I vote for Restless once, then I have to wait my turn until three more votes have been placed by others. So for instance, Stoney might vote for Hush, TTB for HLOD, SoS for This Year's Girl, and that's 3 votes. Then I can vote again, and then wait again after 3 more votes have been placed.

2. In order to vote, I just have to "copy" the post above mine (easiest to just "Reply/Quote"), and then decide which Prologue I think deserves to get an "upvote" and which one I want to "downvote". I write the title of the episode I want to "upvote" next to the '+' sign on top, and the title of the episode I want to "downvote" next to the minus '-' sign on top.

Then I adjust the scores by changing the numbers at the end of the Prologue descriptions I'm voting for (and against), accordingly. So if the episode I'm adding a point to is 6, I make it 7 to take in my upvote. And if the one I want to eliminate is at 3, I make it 2, to take in my vote. That counts as my "vote."

3. Then the next person copies my post with their vote added. If a specific Prologue is at a number of '1' and the next voter "downvotes" it, since it's now reached '0' the person "eliminates" it by placing the title in the list of "Eliminated" at the bottom. Hope that makes sense!

4. The votes are "reset" at specific intervals of 15, 9, 5. I usually forget but someone always remembers lol. Those are the basic rules. I think Stoney or anyone else would do a much better job of explaining more succinctly.

Comment

• American Aurora
                  American Aurora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow - thanks for the detailed run-through! I am so bad at games that it takes me a few tries before I grasp the rules.

• + Pangs
                - A New Man

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 9

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 7

A New Man: In Buffy and Willow's dorm room, Buffy and Riley are kissing. He asks "We're not expecting anyone, are we?" Buffy assures him Willow will be out all night. Willows bursts in with news of trouble and they head to the Rec room. The lights come on and the Scoobies yell "Surprise!" It's a surprise birthday party for Buffy. Willow: "Guess you won't be killing anything tonight after all." BUFFY "Don't be so sure..." - 1

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                19. Hush
                20. Goodbye Iowa
                21. Primeval
                22. Living Conditions

Comment

• + New Moon Rising
                  - A New Man - and another episode slain.

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 7

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 7

New Moon Rising: In Giles' apartment, Buffy, Giles, Xander, Anya, Willow, Tara and Riley are gathered. They start to head for the door. Giles: "I do not appreciate your snide remarks, Anya. I have a great deal of experience in these matters and when I tell you I feel something of import brewing, I-I..." He falters, noticing that nobody is looking at him and follows their stunned gazes to the door. Oz has entered. "Hey." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                  17. A New Man
                  19. Hush
                  20. Goodbye Iowa
                  21. Primeval
                  22. Living Conditions

Comment

• + Wild at Heart
                    - The Yoko Factor

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 10

New Moon Rising: In Giles' apartment, Buffy, Giles, Xander, Anya, Willow, Tara and Riley are gathered. They start to head for the door. Giles: "I do not appreciate your snide remarks, Anya. I have a great deal of experience in these matters and when I tell you I feel something of import brewing, I-I..." He falters, noticing that nobody is looking at him and follows their stunned gazes to the door. Oz has entered. "Hey." - 8

The Yoko Factor: In Adam's lair, Spike talks to him. "Just wanted you to know, when the Big Ugly goes down, Slayer's gonna be right in the thick of it. You ready for that?" Adam turns to look at Spike, a small smile on his lips. "I'm counting on it." - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                    17. A New Man
                    19. Hush
                    20. Goodbye Iowa
                    21. Primeval
                    22. Living Conditions

Comment

• hastening the Reset—and the excision of
                      the final dulling appearance, here, of
                      Adam—along:

+ This Year's Girl
                      - The Yoko Factor

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 11

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 10

The Yoko Factor: In Adam's lair, Spike talks to him. "Just wanted you to know, when the Big Ugly goes down, Slayer's gonna be right in the thick of it. You ready for that?" Adam turns to look at Spike, a small smile on his lips. "I'm counting on it." - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                      17. A New Man
                      19. Hush
                      20. Goodbye Iowa
                      21. Primeval
                      22. Living Conditions
                      Last edited by StateOfSiege97; 07-02-21, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• For once, I won't be the one to deliver the final blow.

+ This Year's Girl
                        - The Yoko Factor

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 11

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 11

The Yoko Factor: In Adam's lair, Spike talks to him. "Just wanted you to know, when the Big Ugly goes down, Slayer's gonna be right in the thick of it. You ready for that?" Adam turns to look at Spike, a small smile on his lips. "I'm counting on it." - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                        17. A New Man
                        19. Hush
                        20. Goodbye Iowa
                        21. Primeval
                        22. Living Conditions

Comment

• I'll do it!

Reset: I've adjusted all the points back to 5 (except for adding in my vote.)

+ Wild at Heart
                          - The Yoko Factor *no more*

The Freshman: It's night in the cemetery. Willow is helping Buffy choose her classes. A vamp rises from the grave as Buffy wonders how she'll integrate class with "extra-curricular activities." The vamp's smile fades. "I just can't let it take the edge off my slaying. I gotta stay sharp." She shakes her head, the vamp disappears. "Is this guy ever gonna wake up?" - 5

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 5

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 5

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 6

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 5

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 5

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 5

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 5

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 5

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 5

New Moon Rising: In Giles' apartment, Buffy, Giles, Xander, Anya, Willow, Tara and Riley are gathered. They start to head for the door. Giles: "I do not appreciate your snide remarks, Anya. I have a great deal of experience in these matters and when I tell you I feel something of import brewing, I-I..." He falters, noticing that nobody is looking at him and follows their stunned gazes to the door. Oz has entered. "Hey." - 5

Restless: We're in Buffy's living room. Xander's voice, off-camera, speaks: "Don't worry, I got plenty of chick- and-British-guy-flicks too. These puppies'll last us all night." Angle on the TV, the FBI warning is on it. We move up to a clock reading 9:46, then dissolve to 9:53. We get a reverse angle of the gang, fast asleep. Buffy snores prodiguously. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                          16. The Yoko Factor
                          17. A New Man
                          19. Hush
                          20. Goodbye Iowa
                          21. Primeval
                          22. Living Conditions

Comment

• + This Year's Girl
                            - The I in Team

The Freshman: It's night in the cemetery. Willow is helping Buffy choose her classes. A vamp rises from the grave as Buffy wonders how she'll integrate class with "extra-curricular activities." The vamp's smile fades. "I just can't let it take the edge off my slaying. I gotta stay sharp." She shakes her head, the vamp disappears. "Is this guy ever gonna wake up?" - 5

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 5

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 4

Wild at Heart: Buffy's in fine form, punning happily as she fights a vamp. "I don't even think the forces of darkness are trying." As she dusts him (to the world) "You could make a little effort you know...Give me something to work with." Spike, on a stair landing some distance away: "Watch your mouth, little girl. You should know better than to tempt the fates that way. 'Cause the Big Bad is back—and this time, it's—GNYARGHLL!" His screams are prompted by a taser blow. Mysterious commandos drag him out of frame. - 6

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 5

Pangs: In the woods, Buffy stakes a vamp. Job done, Buffy seems unsatisfied. She looks around furtively, sensing something. Deep in shadows, something lurks. Moonlight falls across a face. It's Angel, watching Buffy. She can't identify what she's feeling and walks off slowly, unresolved. - 5

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 5

The I in Team: In a clearing in the woods, Buffy's made a favourable impression with the commandos, although Forrest is unhappy. Graham: "Awesome, Buffy." Riley puts his arm around his girl and they walk off. "See? You're a hit." But Maggie looks up from her notes, she looks as cold as ice. - 4

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 6

Who Are You: Outside Buffy's house. Joyce stands on the lawn with Faith by her side, talking to Detective Clark. He says: "Thank you both. I'm glad we finally got the kid." Faith: "She's not a kid. I mean...she's strong." Detective: "Yeah. This Faith chick: definitely dangerous." He leaves. "She truly is." Faith watches the ambulance pull away, then turns and heads inside with Joyce. - 5

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 6

New Moon Rising: In Giles' apartment, Buffy, Giles, Xander, Anya, Willow, Tara and Riley are gathered. They start to head for the door. Giles: "I do not appreciate your snide remarks, Anya. I have a great deal of experience in these matters and when I tell you I feel something of import brewing, I-I..." He falters, noticing that nobody is looking at him and follows their stunned gazes to the door. Oz has entered. "Hey." - 5

Restless: We're in Buffy's living room. Xander's voice, off-camera, speaks: "Don't worry, I got plenty of chick- and-British-guy-flicks too. These puppies'll last us all night." Angle on the TV, the FBI warning is on it. We move up to a clock reading 9:46, then dissolve to 9:53. We get a reverse angle of the gang, fast asleep. Buffy snores prodiguously. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                            16. The Yoko Factor
                            17. A New Man
                            19. Hush
                            20. Goodbye Iowa
                            21. Primeval
                            22. Living Conditions

Comment

• I really feel Something Blue has got to go. Buffy's repeats the old lie, "Because it hurts it feels intense and because it is intense it must be true love." What Buffy says is basically what Spike tells her in SR: "Great love ... burns and consumes," and she rightfully refutes his statement, telling him that love like that doesn't last.

+ The Initiative
                              - Something Blue

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 4

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 6

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 4

The I in Team: In a clearing in the woods, Buffy's made a favourable impression with the commandos, although Forrest is unhappy. Graham: "Awesome, Buffy." Riley puts his arm around his girl and they walk off. "See? You're a hit." But Maggie looks up from her notes, she looks as cold as ice. - 4

This Year's Girl: In hospital, a machine beeps, monitoring a heart beat. The iridescent green line skips a bit higher, once, then settles into a steady, regular beat. We pan across the room to the sound of slow, regular breathing until we see Faith, lying alone. Paint peels from one of the walls, and overhead fluorescent light flickers. Faith breathes, lying still in coma. - 6

Superstar: [This Prologue is unusual as it occurs alongside the Credits.] In the interior of a beautiful home, Buffy, Xander, Willow and Anya stand in an expensively-furnished study. Buffy: "Um. Hi? We have a problem..." The chair before them swivels, revealing a swell-looking Jonathan clad in a jacket and turtleneck. He looks at them levelly. "Sounds like you could use my help." - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                              16. The Yoko Factor
                              17. A New Man
                              19. Hush
                              20. Goodbye Iowa
                              21. Primeval
                              22. Living Conditions

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• StateOfSiege97
                                StateOfSiege97 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'm with Stoney—
                                This is early S4:
                                The refutation you cite does not come until
                                late S6....

• I'm fine with any of these— The I in Team, Something Blue, or Fear, Itself —going next.

As for which option I want to win, I can think of around 5 contenders for that spot so far.

+ The Initiative
                              - Fear, Itself

Fear Itself: Buffy walks casually along the quiet suburban street. A demon leaps from the bushes. Buffy palms him hard, only to find that he's a teenage boy in a Halloween costume. "Ow! Geez, that hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" Before Buffy can apologise, he runs off. Buffy: "That's what I'd like to know." - 3

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 7

Something Blue: In the graveyard during patrol, Buffy tells Willow: "I can't help thinking, isn't that where the fire comes from? Can a nice safe relationship be that intense? It's nuts...but part of me believes that real love and passion have to go hand in hand with lots of pain and fighting." A vampire leaps out, Buffy stakes him. "I wonder where I get that from?" - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                              16. The Yoko Factor
                              17. A New Man
                              19. Hush
                              20. Goodbye Iowa
                              21. Primeval
                              22. Living Conditions

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney
                                I've swung on this. The sense of abnormality and how that ties here in the season/series into Buffy's insecurities in relationships in the Fear Itself prologue I think is stronger than a few others that have less meaningful connections.

Stoney

I'm with you on both this and your
                                comment above about:

+ Something Blue
                                - The I in Team

The Initiative: Spike lies barely conscious as fluorescent light bathes him from overhead. "Slayer ... kill you ... not so tough, I ... kill ... Slayer ..." We pull back to see he's trapped inside a futuristic, sterile, white cell, in a long, endless row of cells. Men in lab coats work as commandoes walk through the complex. There's no end to this place. - 7

The I in Team: In a clearing in the woods, Buffy's made a favourable impression with the commandos, although Forrest is unhappy. Graham: "Awesome, Buffy." Riley puts his arm around his girl and they walk off. "See? You're a hit." But Maggie looks up from her notes, she looks as cold as ice. - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                16. The Yoko Factor
                                17. A New Man
                                19. Hush
                                20. Goodbye Iowa
                                21. Primeval
                                22. Living Conditions

Comment

• I agree that Buffy grew out of her immature concept of love but that doesn't change the fact that she was utterly wrong in Something Blue ...

+ The Initiative
                                  - Something Blue

The I in Team: In a clearing in the woods, Buffy's made a favourable impression with the commandos, although Forrest is unhappy. Graham: "Awesome, Buffy." Riley puts his arm around his girl and they walk off. "See? You're a hit." But Maggie looks up from her notes, she looks as cold as ice. - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                  16. The Yoko Factor
                                  17. A New Man
                                  19. Hush
                                  20. Goodbye Iowa
                                  21. Primeval
                                  22. Living Conditions

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• + The Harsh Light of Day
                                    - The I In Team

The Harsh Light of Day: Oz and Devon have headed back into the Bronze, leaving Willow outside. She is greeted by Harmony. "You're always so funny, Willow. You haven't changed a bit!" Smiling back, Willow says "No, you either!" Harmony: "Oh, maybe a little." Harmony morphs into vamp face, about to plunge her fangs into Willow's neck. - 6

The I in Team: In a clearing in the woods, Buffy's made a favourable impression with the commandos, although Forrest is unhappy. Graham: "Awesome, Buffy." Riley puts his arm around his girl and they walk off. "See? You're a hit." But Maggie looks up from her notes, she looks as cold as ice. -1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                    16. The Yoko Factor
                                    17. A New Man
                                    19. Hush
                                    20. Goodbye Iowa
                                    21. Primeval
                                    22. Living Conditions

Comment

Working...
                                    X