Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+ WthH
    - OOMOOS

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 13

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 3

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 4

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. - 2

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 7

Angel: On the sidewalk on her way back from the Bronze, Buffy is accosted by The Three. Buffy: “Okay, okay…Look, I really don’t wanna fight all three of you…unless I have to.” She is slammed into a fence in the alley. One of them slowly approaches her with death in his eyes. Buffy is terrified. - 5

I, Robot, You Jane: Willow is alone in the library drawing a scanner over pages from a book and they appear on the monitor. As she types to save the scan, the script in the book disappears. She closes the book, places it with the others & leaves. The computer monitor goes blank & Moloch’s words appear: Where am I? - 5

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 8

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 3

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    11. The Harvest
    12. The Puppet Show

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[/QUOTE]

"I like who I am when I'm with him. I like who we are together."

Comment

+ WthH
      - NKABOTFD

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 14

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 3

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 4

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. - 1

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 7

Angel: On the sidewalk on her way back from the Bronze, Buffy is accosted by The Three. Buffy: “Okay, okay…Look, I really don’t wanna fight all three of you…unless I have to.” She is slammed into a fence in the alley. One of them slowly approaches her with death in his eyes. Buffy is terrified. - 5

I, Robot, You Jane: Willow is alone in the library drawing a scanner over pages from a book and they appear on the monitor. As she types to save the scan, the script in the book disappears. She closes the book, places it with the others & leaves. The computer monitor goes blank & Moloch’s words appear: Where am I? - 5

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 8

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 3

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
      11. The Harvest
      12. The Puppet Show

Results:
      Season 1 winner:

Comment

Do we need to reset? Only 9 left now.

+ WttH
        - NKABOTFD (killed)

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 15

Reset at:

Eliminated:
        10. Never Kill A Boy on the First Date
        11. The Harvest
        12. The Puppet Show

Results:
        Season 1 winner:

Comment

Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
          Do we need to reset? Only 9 left now.
          Yep, done.

+ Prophecy Girl
          - Witch

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they're alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: "Are you sure?" Boy: "Yes, I'm sure." She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 6

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It's okay, it's okay, you're gonna be?okay." (to herself) "God!" - 4

Teacher's Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 5

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 5

Angel: On the sidewalk on her way back from the Bronze, Buffy is accosted by The Three. Buffy: "Okay, okay?Look, I really don't wanna fight all three of you?unless I have to." She is slammed into a fence in the alley. One of them slowly approaches her with death in his eyes. Buffy is terrified. - 5

I, Robot, You Jane: Willow is alone in the library drawing a scanner over pages from a book and they appear on the monitor. As she types to save the scan, the script in the book disappears. She closes the book, places it with the others & leaves. The computer monitor goes blank & Moloch's words appear: Where am I? - 5

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: "Sorry about that." Wendell: "Please help me!" - 5

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys' locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he's knocked unconscious. - 5

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: "Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!" The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: "Whadaya think? 5.1?" - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
          11. The Harvest
          12. The Puppet Show

Results:
          Season 1 winner:

Comment

+ Nightmares
            - Witch

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 6

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 5

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 5

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 6

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 5

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
            11. The Harvest
            12. The Puppet Show

Results:
            Season 1 winner:

Comment

+ Prophecy Girl
              - OOMOOS

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 6

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 5

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 6

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 4

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
              11. The Harvest
              12. The Puppet Show

Results:
              Season 1 winner:
              You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

- Prophecy Girl
                + Teachers Pet

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 6

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 4

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                11. The Harvest
                12. The Puppet Show

Results:
                Season 1 winner:

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  - Prophecy Girl
                  What don't you like about PG Pricey? It's a really close second for me. I love the combination of his classic dramatic villainy and humour. He's one of the best big bads.

+ Prophecy Girl
                  - Witch

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 2

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 6

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                  11. The Harvest
                  12. The Puppet Show

Results:
                  Season 1 winner:

Comment

What don't you like about PG Pricey? It's a really close second for me. I love the combination of his classic dramatic villainy and humour. He's one of the best big bads.
                    The Master is fun, and I like the 'Glory Glory' line, and if it ended there I'd really like it. It's spoilt for me because Colin is a poor character and the Master chatting to him when he's just about to 'ascend' is played for laughs and that doesn't appeal to me in that moment. It reduces the level of threat the Master poses in an episode in which we finally see how dangerous he is. I expect Joss thought the episode needed these small touches of humour, but I wish it hadn't included the Master and Colin.

Comment

I understand why Collin is generally so disliked but I still get some satisfaction from the creep factor of him being an evil child. But the best bit of the scene for me is actually that it turns to that touch of humour as I find The Master's irreverent and cocky attitude really fits how smug he is when he tells Buffy she is the reason he is getting out and how casual he is in killing and discarding her. And those attitudes are also part of how/why he underestimates the threat she is and is so surprised by her return. It gives me a shiver for the confrontations that are to come between them and why he works so much better than just a mwahaha villain that he would have been if the scene had ended with the glory glory part alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                        I understand why Collin is generally so disliked but I still get some satisfaction from the creep factor of him being an evil child. But the best bit of the scene for me is actually that it turns to that touch of humour as I find The Master's irreverent and cocky attitude really fits how smug he is when he tells Buffy she is the reason he is getting out and how casual he is in killing and discarding her. And those attitudes are also part of how/why he underestimates the threat she is and is so surprised by her return. It gives me a shiver for the confrontations that are to come between them and why he works so much better than just a mwahaha villain that he would have been if the scene had ended with the glory glory part alone.
                        Creepy children are great, and can be incredibly effective, but Colin lacked the creep factor for me. I understand why you like the Masters humour, and he certainly does seem smug and certain of his release. I'd have still have liked the scene to have ended with him screaming 'Glory Glory' to the heavens, I think that would have been more effective as a scene. I like the melodrama of it, which also feels very much what the Master is about, and felt the humour undercut that.

Comment

Creepy children are great, and can be incredibly effective, but Colin lacked the creep factor for me. I understand why you like the Masters humour, and he certainly does seem smug and certain of his release. I'd have still have liked the scene to have ended with him screaming 'Glory Glory' to the heavens, I think that would have been more effective as a scene. I like the melodrama of it, which also feels very much what the Master is about, and felt the humour undercut that.
                          Really?! The best thing about that scene is the funny way it ends. The melodrama would have been a total cliche.
                          The Master was a good villain because he was a take on the classic Nosferatu-like vampire, but was still Whedonian and funny and would say snarky things.
                          Some of his snark was amazing: "Oh, the feeble banter portion of the fight".
                          Or when he would do something cruel but follow or precede it with something like: "Their deaths would give me little joy..." (Darla kills the Three) "But sometimes, a little joy is enough."
                          You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Creepy children are great, and can be incredibly effective, but Colin lacked the creep factor for me.
                            I can see that, the character did lack presence and really my appreciation goes to the idea rather than the execution I think. But I have to say TTB's pov on the humour matches mine. It's the melodrama that you like, those big classic villain notes we get, but it's they way they are added to with the BtVS humour in the scripting that makes The Master so great.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
                              Really?! The best thing about that scene is the funny way it ends. The melodrama would have been a total cliche.
                              The Master was a good villain because he was a take on the classic Nosferatu-like vampire, but was still Whedonian and funny and would say snarky things.
                              Some of his snark was amazing: "Oh, the feeble banter portion of the fight".
                              Or when he would do something cruel but follow or precede it with something like: "Their deaths would give me little joy..." (Darla kills the Three) "But sometimes, a little joy is enough."
                              Yeah, I just don't like it. It's not even funny to me. I think the melodrama of 'Glory Glory' was much funnier, as was his delivery. When he becomes conversational, he loses me. I know Colin had to play his part and had to seem important to the Master for what comes next, but it didn't work for me. I do like The Master in other scenes, though mainly because of the melodrama and the Nosferatu feel of him, I never thought his humour was that funny.

Comment

+ WttH
                                - OOMOOS

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 7

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                11. The Harvest
                                12. The Puppet Show

Results:
                                Season 1 winner:[/QUOTE]

"I like who I am when I'm with him. I like who we are together."

Comment

The thing about The Master's last comment in Prophecy Girl

It is an earthquake thing:

As one who has lived, on and off, for years upon a major fault, who has
                                  lived through a major earthquake and countless minor tremors, I find it
                                  just dead on...

+ The Pack
                                  - Witch

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 7

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 1

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                  11. The Harvest
                                  12. The Puppet Show

Results:
                                  Season 1 winner:

Comment

+ Prophecy Girl
                                    - OOMOOS

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 1

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 6

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 2

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                    11. The Harvest
                                    12. The Puppet Show

Results:
                                    Season 1 winner:

Comment

+ Prophecy Girl
                                      - Witch *gone*

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                      09. Witch
                                      11. The Harvest
                                      12. The Puppet Show

Results:
                                      Season 1 winner:

Comment

- Prophecy Girl
                                        + WttH

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 8

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                        09. Witch
                                        11. The Harvest
                                        12. The Puppet Show

Results:
                                        Season 1 winner:

Comment

+ WttH
                                          - Angel

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 8

Angel: On the sidewalk on her way back from the Bronze, Buffy is accosted by The Three. Buffy: “Okay, okay…Look, I really don’t wanna fight all three of you…unless I have to.” She is slammed into a fence in the alley. One of them slowly approaches her with death in his eyes. Buffy is terrified. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                          09. Witch
                                          11. The Harvest
                                          12. The Puppet Show

Results:
                                          Season 1 winner:

Comment

Working...
                                          X