Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - Halloween
    + Lie to Me

When She Was Bad: As Xander and Willow are attacked by a vampire, a girl pulls the vamp away, knees him in the crotch and flips him over. It’s Buffy. “Hi guys!” She sends the vamp flying into a tree where he is impaled on a branch, then turns back to Willow and Xander: “Miss me?” - 6

School Hard: Near a small park and playground at night, a 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign and screeches to a halt. Spike gets out and strolls over to the curb, lighting a cigarette. "Home, sweet home." -10

Halloween: As Buffy fights a vampire she spies a Halloween signpost. She jams the end of it into his chest and he dusts. Another vamp lowers the camcorder he's been using to record the fight, and backs away as he watches her go. - 4

Lie to Me: Buffy spies Angel and Drusilla at the Sunnydale Park at night. Drusilla: "Oh, no, my pet. This is just the beginning." She pulls away without kissing him, giving him an evil smile as she slowly walks away. Angel watches Dru for a moment, then leaves. Buffy steps away & runs off. - 5

Surprise: Buffy walks toward Angel at the pool table. A vamped Drusilla suddenly appears and thrusts a stake into his back. Buffy reaches for Angel but his hand crumbles to dust as he disintegrates. Drusilla: "Happy Birthday, Buffy." In her room, Buffy wakes. - 8

Innocence: In the alley, the rain lets up. A hooker in a doorway offers to call 911. Angel, still on the ground, stands up: "No. The pain is gone." Hooker: "You sure?" Angel: "Yeah." He spins around in game face and violently bites her, dropping her dead, then blows out the smoke he inhaled from her lungs. Angelus: "I feel just fine." - 7

Passion: In her room, the camera closes in on a sleeping Buffy. A shadow looms and a hand strokes her hair. It's Angelus, seated on the edge of her bed. He narrates: "It speaks to us...guides us...Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. IOHEFY
    09. What's My Line 1
    10. Phases
    11. Becoming 1
    12. Becoming 2
    13. Reptile Boy
    14. Killed by Death
    15. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
    16. What's My Line 2
    17. The Dark Age
    18. Ted
    19. Some Assembly Required
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
    Season 1 winner: Welcome to the Hellmouth
    Season 2 winner:

Comment

• + Halloween
      - Lie to Me

When She Was Bad: As Xander and Willow are attacked by a vampire, a girl pulls the vamp away, knees him in the crotch and flips him over. It’s Buffy. “Hi guys!” She sends the vamp flying into a tree where he is impaled on a branch, then turns back to Willow and Xander: “Miss me?” - 6

School Hard: Near a small park and playground at night, a 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign and screeches to a halt. Spike gets out and strolls over to the curb, lighting a cigarette. "Home, sweet home." -10

Halloween: As Buffy fights a vampire she spies a Halloween signpost. She jams the end of it into his chest and he dusts. Another vamp lowers the camcorder he's been using to record the fight, and backs away as he watches her go. - 5

Lie to Me: Buffy spies Angel and Drusilla at the Sunnydale Park at night. Drusilla: "Oh, no, my pet. This is just the beginning." She pulls away without kissing him, giving him an evil smile as she slowly walks away. Angel watches Dru for a moment, then leaves. Buffy steps away & runs off. - 4

Surprise: Buffy walks toward Angel at the pool table. A vamped Drusilla suddenly appears and thrusts a stake into his back. Buffy reaches for Angel but his hand crumbles to dust as he disintegrates. Drusilla: "Happy Birthday, Buffy." In her room, Buffy wakes. - 8

Innocence: In the alley, the rain lets up. A hooker in a doorway offers to call 911. Angel, still on the ground, stands up: "No. The pain is gone." Hooker: "You sure?" Angel: "Yeah." He spins around in game face and violently bites her, dropping her dead, then blows out the smoke he inhaled from her lungs. Angelus: "I feel just fine." - 7

Passion: In her room, the camera closes in on a sleeping Buffy. A shadow looms and a hand strokes her hair. It's Angelus, seated on the edge of her bed. He narrates: "It speaks to us...guides us...Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
      08. IOHEFY
      09. What's My Line 1
      10. Phases
      11. Becoming 1
      12. Becoming 2
      13. Reptile Boy
      14. Killed by Death
      16. What's My Line 2
      17. The Dark Age
      18. Ted
      20. Go Fish
      21. Bad Eggs
      22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
      Season 2 winner:[/QUOTE]

"I like who I am when I'm with him. I like who we are together."

Comment

• To reduce at least some of the force creating this
        deadlock, I am willing to give the desiring Halloween

For now—

But when it comes to later choices between
        other Prologues, I will not be so flexible-y....

+ Surprise
        - Lie to Me

Halloween: As Buffy fights a vampire she spies a Halloween signpost. She jams the end of it into his chest and he dusts. Another vamp lowers the camcorder he's been using to record the fight, and backs away as he watches her go. - 5

Lie to Me: Buffy spies Angel and Drusilla at the Sunnydale Park at night. Drusilla: "Oh, no, my pet. This is just the beginning." She pulls away without kissing him, giving him an evil smile as she slowly walks away. Angel watches Dru for a moment, then leaves. Buffy steps away & runs off. - 3

Surprise: Buffy walks toward Angel at the pool table. A vamped Drusilla suddenly appears and thrusts a stake into his back. Buffy reaches for Angel but his hand crumbles to dust as he disintegrates. Drusilla: "Happy Birthday, Buffy." In her room, Buffy wakes. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
        08. IOHEFY
        09. What's My Line 1
        10. Phases
        11. Becoming 1
        12. Becoming 2
        13. Reptile Boy
        14. Killed by Death
        16. What's My Line 2
        17. The Dark Age
        18. Ted
        20. Go Fish
        21. Bad Eggs
        22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
        Season 2 winner:

Comment

• + Halloween
          - Lie to Me

Halloween: As Buffy fights a vampire she spies a Halloween signpost. She jams the end of it into his chest and he dusts. Another vamp lowers the camcorder he's been using to record the fight, and backs away as he watches her go. - 6

Lie to Me: Buffy spies Angel and Drusilla at the Sunnydale Park at night. Drusilla: "Oh, no, my pet. This is just the beginning." She pulls away without kissing him, giving him an evil smile as she slowly walks away. Angel watches Dru for a moment, then leaves. Buffy steps away & runs off. - 2

Surprise: Buffy walks toward Angel at the pool table. A vamped Drusilla suddenly appears and thrusts a stake into his back. Buffy reaches for Angel but his hand crumbles to dust as he disintegrates. Drusilla: "Happy Birthday, Buffy." In her room, Buffy wakes. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
          08. IOHEFY
          09. What's My Line 1
          10. Phases
          11. Becoming 1
          12. Becoming 2
          13. Reptile Boy
          14. Killed by Death
          16. What's My Line 2
          17. The Dark Age
          18. Ted
          20. Go Fish
          21. Bad Eggs
          22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
          Season 2 winner:

Comment

• - Halloween
            + Lie to Me

Lie to Me: Buffy spies Angel and Drusilla at the Sunnydale Park at night. Drusilla: "Oh, no, my pet. This is just the beginning." She pulls away without kissing him, giving him an evil smile as she slowly walks away. Angel watches Dru for a moment, then leaves. Buffy steps away & runs off. - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:
            08. IOHEFY
            09. What's My Line 1
            10. Phases
            11. Becoming 1
            12. Becoming 2
            13. Reptile Boy
            14. Killed by Death
            16. What's My Line 2
            17. The Dark Age
            18. Ted
            20. Go Fish
            21. Bad Eggs
            22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
            Season 2 winner:

Comment

• + Halloween
              - Lie to Me

Halloween: As Buffy fights a vampire she spies a Halloween signpost. She jams the end of it into his chest and he dusts. Another vamp lowers the camcorder he's been using to record the fight, and backs away as he watches her go. - 6

Lie to Me: Buffy spies Angel and Drusilla at the Sunnydale Park at night. Drusilla: "Oh, no, my pet. This is just the beginning." She pulls away without kissing him, giving him an evil smile as she slowly walks away. Angel watches Dru for a moment, then leaves. Buffy steps away & runs off. - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
              08. IOHEFY
              09. What's My Line 1
              10. Phases
              11. Becoming 1
              12. Becoming 2
              13. Reptile Boy
              14. Killed by Death
              16. What's My Line 2
              17. The Dark Age
              18. Ted
              20. Go Fish
              21. Bad Eggs
              22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
              Season 2 winner:[/QUOTE]

Comment

• + Innocence
                - Lie to Me

Lie to Me: Buffy spies Angel and Drusilla at the Sunnydale Park at night. Drusilla: "Oh, no, my pet. This is just the beginning." She pulls away without kissing him, giving him an evil smile as she slowly walks away. Angel watches Dru for a moment, then leaves. Buffy steps away & runs off. - 1

Innocence: In the alley, the rain lets up. A hooker in a doorway offers to call 911. Angel, still on the ground, stands up: "No. The pain is gone." Hooker: "You sure?" Angel: "Yeah." He spins around in game face and violently bites her, dropping her dead, then blows out the smoke he inhaled from her lungs. Angelus: "I feel just fine." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                08. IOHEFY
                09. What's My Line 1
                10. Phases
                11. Becoming 1
                12. Becoming 2
                13. Reptile Boy
                14. Killed by Death
                16. What's My Line 2
                17. The Dark Age
                18. Ted
                20. Go Fish
                21. Bad Eggs
                22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                Season 2 winner:

Comment

• + Halloween
                  - Lie to Me *dust*

Halloween: As Buffy fights a vampire she spies a Halloween signpost. She jams the end of it into his chest and he dusts. Another vamp lowers the camcorder he's been using to record the fight, and backs away as he watches her go. - 7

Innocence: In the alley, the rain lets up. A hooker in a doorway offers to call 911. Angel, still on the ground, stands up: "No. The pain is gone." Hooker: "You sure?" Angel: "Yeah." He spins around in game face and violently bites her, dropping her dead, then blows out the smoke he inhaled from her lungs. Angelus: "I feel just fine." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                  07. Lie to Me
                  08. IOHEFY
                  09. What's My Line 1
                  10. Phases
                  11. Becoming 1
                  12. Becoming 2
                  13. Reptile Boy
                  14. Killed by Death
                  16. What's My Line 2
                  17. The Dark Age
                  18. Ted
                  20. Go Fish
                  21. Bad Eggs
                  22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                  Season 2 winner:

Comment

• - Halloween
                    + School Hard

School Hard: Near a small park and playground at night, a 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign and screeches to a halt. Spike gets out and strolls over to the curb, lighting a cigarette. "Home, sweet home." -11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                    07. Lie to Me
                    08. IOHEFY
                    09. What's My Line 1
                    10. Phases
                    11. Becoming 1
                    12. Becoming 2
                    13. Reptile Boy
                    14. Killed by Death
                    16. What's My Line 2
                    17. The Dark Age
                    18. Ted
                    20. Go Fish
                    21. Bad Eggs
                    22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                    Season 2 winner:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Priceless;754058]- Passion
                      + Halloween

School Hard: Near a small park and playground at night, a 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign and screeches to a halt. Spike gets out and strolls over to the curb, lighting a cigarette. "Home, sweet home." -11

Halloween: As Buffy fights a vampire she spies a Halloween signpost. She jams the end of it into his chest and he dusts. Another vamp lowers the camcorder he's been using to record the fight, and backs away as he watches her go. - 7

Passion: In her room, the camera closes in on a sleeping Buffy. A shadow looms and a hand strokes her hair. It's Angelus, seated on the edge of her bed. He narrates: "It speaks to us...guides us...Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                      07. Lie to Me
                      08. IOHEFY
                      09. What's My Line 1
                      10. Phases
                      11. Becoming 1
                      12. Becoming 2
                      13. Reptile Boy
                      14. Killed by Death
                      16. What's My Line 2
                      17. The Dark Age
                      18. Ted
                      20. Go Fish
                      21. Bad Eggs
                      22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                      Season 2 winner:

Comment

• I'd like to hear more about people's top 3 as it's very hard to vote any of these down. Personally I love when she was bad and Halloween because they are classic Buffy scenes, one showing her quipping and the other her resourcefulness. School hard is absolutely iconic and has to be top 3. Surprise is just a dream and I'm not understanding the love it's getting. Innocence and Passion are more about Angel than Buffy and so similar to the storyline I can't see both of them going to top 3. Go ahead, convince me otherwise.

Comment

• Very pressed at the moment, but promise more on
                          my top three later today or very early tomorrow
                          morning (california time)—

thanks, GoSpuffy, for offering yours—

looking forward to hearing from others—

- Passion
                          + Surprise

Surprise: Buffy walks toward Angel at the pool table. A vamped Drusilla suddenly appears and thrusts a stake into his back. Buffy reaches for Angel but his hand crumbles to dust as he disintegrates. Drusilla: "Happy Birthday, Buffy." In her room, Buffy wakes. - 10

Passion: In her room, the camera closes in on a sleeping Buffy. A shadow looms and a hand strokes her hair. It's Angelus, seated on the edge of her bed. He narrates: "It speaks to us...guides us...Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                          07. Lie to Me
                          08. IOHEFY
                          09. What's My Line 1
                          10. Phases
                          11. Becoming 1
                          12. Becoming 2
                          13. Reptile Boy
                          14. Killed by Death
                          16. What's My Line 2
                          17. The Dark Age
                          18. Ted
                          20. Go Fish
                          21. Bad Eggs
                          22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                          Season 2 winner:
                          Last edited by StateOfSiege97; 06-10-19, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• I think Surprise is an excellent example of the show working at its best with plot and character paths interweaving in a thought provoking and intriguing way. Using a dream sequence obviously opens great opportunity for symbolic representations and considering the unconscious and conscious at play, as well as gaining insight into what is ahead of them and the challenges they may face. I always love seeing dreams represented in the show because they're so rich for meaning. When She Was Bad is great for outlining the starting point for the group at the opening of the season and it really does have a classic BtVS/Buffy feel to it. I'd then choose Passion as my third I think because it works so well for where a lot of the challenges of adolescence comes from for me, those emotional drives that can control so much. And there's also that threatening edge of the dangers/monsters that are on the outskirts, just watching and threatening to use and abuse the weaknesses we have. The metaphors for the demons of growing up are really strong in that opener.

School Hard I agree is a really classic opening but mostly because it is the introduction of a main/much loved character. I would keep it in the top five out of extreme fondness and because Spike is my favourite character. But I think it is one of the weakest of the ones left.

- Innocence
                            + Passion

Surprise: Buffy walks toward Angel at the pool table. A vamped Drusilla suddenly appears and thrusts a stake into his back. Buffy reaches for Angel but his hand crumbles to dust as he disintegrates. Drusilla: "Happy Birthday, Buffy." In her room, Buffy wakes. - 10

Passion: In her room, the camera closes in on a sleeping Buffy. A shadow looms and a hand strokes her hair. It's Angelus, seated on the edge of her bed. He narrates: "It speaks to us...guides us...Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                            07. Lie to Me
                            08. IOHEFY
                            09. What's My Line 1
                            10. Phases
                            11. Becoming 1
                            12. Becoming 2
                            13. Reptile Boy
                            14. Killed by Death
                            16. What's My Line 2
                            17. The Dark Age
                            18. Ted
                            20. Go Fish
                            21. Bad Eggs
                            22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                            Season 2 winner:

Comment

• I love all the endings that are left, though Halloween is still the weakest. My top 3, in no particular order would be School Hard, Surprise and Innocence. No big reason, just that I like them the most, I think Spike's intro is important for the show as a whole and it's iconic. Innocence for the same show changing reason, because I love Angelus and the blowing of the smoke was a beautiful clever funny iconic moment. I love Surprise for it's Slayer dream sequence, it's one of the best, most emotional and works really well.

+ Innocence
                              - Halloween

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                              07. Lie to Me
                              08. IOHEFY
                              09. What's My Line 1
                              10. Phases
                              11. Becoming 1
                              12. Becoming 2
                              13. Reptile Boy
                              14. Killed by Death
                              16. What's My Line 2
                              17. The Dark Age
                              18. Ted
                              20. Go Fish
                              21. Bad Eggs
                              22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                              Season 2 winner:

Comment

• I probably won't be playing too regularly but I might as well jump in whilst I can.

I'm really pleasantly surprised by the love for "Halloween's" opener. I'd have assumed I was the only person who loved it so much. I'm aware of the episodes popularity overall but I'd have thought most people would dismiss the opener as Buffy just slaying another vampire

From the moment the camera opens up on the pumpkin I think the episode wonderfully captures the spirit of the holiday and the mischievous and spooky score playing throughout the scene is pretty delightful. It's also just a classic Buffy scene in every sense of the word with a little bit of intrigue thrown in (the vampire filming). For whatever reason, whenever I think of Buffy slaying a vampire, it's also always the scene I think of the most. The stunt work is particularly great, as are the sound effects (I love the crunch of Buffy flipping the vampire to the ground or the sounds of the pumpkins tumbling as Buffy kicks the vampire into the display), and I agree with GoSpuffy that Buffy's resourcefulness is really memorable. She uses the pumpkins, the stake, the sign, and the wooden cart to her advantage. The particular move, where Buffy holds herself up against the cart, wraps her legs around the vampire's neck, and flips him onto the ground, has always stuck with me since the first time I watched it as a kid in '98. I always remembered that move and thought it was insanely cool. Overall it's just such a wonderfully atmospheric teaser and everything I loved about both the show and the character.

That vampire is also my favourite vampire stuntman. He appears again in Becoming I & II when he attacks Kendra in the library and then battles Buffy in the mansion before she stakes him just as Angelus pulls out the sword from Acathla. These vampires must have 9 lives But, honestly, he's seriously good. Not only are his fighting techniques really great but he's way more expressive than the average stuntman. I love his dopey reaction when Buffy hurls Pumpkin number 1 and then 2 into his head

That said, out of all the teasers left I would probably want "Innocence" or "Passion" to win. "Passion" is really unnerving and I adore that entire sequence. I especially love the creepy moment that the gang obliviously walk past a couple who appear to be making out, only to reveal Angelus feasting on his victim. The way he brazenly murders a girl right in front of Buffy and she doesn't even realise it is totally spine-tingling. And "Innocence" is simply one of the most iconic scenes in the entire series. I also agree that the moment Angelus blows out the smoke is wickedly clever (cigarette after sex).

I'm voting against "Schoolhard" because despite Spike's entrance being really iconic the scene before that is pretty unmemorable. It's still a perfectly great teaser but the Spike moment is only right at the end.

+ Halloween
                                - Schoolhard

When She Was Bad: As Xander and Willow are attacked by a vampire, a girl pulls the vamp away, knees him in the crotch and flips him over. It's Buffy. "Hi guys!" She sends the vamp flying into a tree where he is impaled on a branch, then turns back to Willow and Xander: "Miss me?" - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                07. Lie to Me
                                08. IOHEFY
                                09. What's My Line 1
                                10. Phases
                                11. Becoming 1
                                12. Becoming 2
                                13. Reptile Boy
                                14. Killed by Death
                                16. What's My Line 2
                                17. The Dark Age
                                18. Ted
                                20. Go Fish
                                21. Bad Eggs
                                22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                                Season 2 winner:

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

• + Surprise
                                  - Schoolhard

School Hard: Near a small park and playground at night, a 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign and screeches to a halt. Spike gets out and strolls over to the curb, lighting a cigarette. "Home, sweet home." -9

Surprise: Buffy walks toward Angel at the pool table. A vamped Drusilla suddenly appears and thrusts a stake into his back. Buffy reaches for Angel but his hand crumbles to dust as he disintegrates. Drusilla: "Happy Birthday, Buffy." In her room, Buffy wakes. - 11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                  07. Lie to Me
                                  08. IOHEFY
                                  09. What's My Line 1
                                  10. Phases
                                  11. Becoming 1
                                  12. Becoming 2
                                  13. Reptile Boy
                                  14. Killed by Death
                                  16. What's My Line 2
                                  17. The Dark Age
                                  18. Ted
                                  20. Go Fish
                                  21. Bad Eggs
                                  22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                                  Season 2 winner:

Comment

• Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                                    I'm voting against "Schoolhard" because despite Spike's entrance being really iconic the scene before that is pretty unmemorable. It's still a perfectly great teaser but the Spike moment is only right at the end.
                                    It is just the endings that are being voted on though, so the scene before isn't intended to be part of what's being compared. That might not change your voting of course as it's tough to pick between them when it gets this far on anyway.

Although the point about the link of sex & cigarette made me smile, I still find the smoke blowing in Innocence spoils the scene for me because he's draining her blood, how the heck is he inhaling her smoke through her vein? It looks cool for sure, but it makes no sense and that takes me out of the moment a little.

+ Passion
                                    - Innocence

When She Was Bad: As Xander and Willow are attacked by a vampire, a girl pulls the vamp away, knees him in the crotch and flips him over. It's Buffy. "Hi guys!" She sends the vamp flying into a tree where he is impaled on a branch, then turns back to Willow and Xander: "Miss me?" - 6

School Hard: Near a small park and playground at night, a 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign and screeches to a halt. Spike gets out and strolls over to the curb, lighting a cigarette. "Home, sweet home." - 9

Surprise: Buffy walks toward Angel at the pool table. A vamped Drusilla suddenly appears and thrusts a stake into his back. Buffy reaches for Angel but his hand crumbles to dust as he disintegrates. Drusilla: "Happy Birthday, Buffy." In her room, Buffy wakes. - 11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                    07. Lie to Me
                                    08. IOHEFY
                                    09. What's My Line 1
                                    10. Phases
                                    11. Becoming 1
                                    12. Becoming 2
                                    13. Reptile Boy
                                    14. Killed by Death
                                    16. What's My Line 2
                                    17. The Dark Age
                                    18. Ted
                                    20. Go Fish
                                    21. Bad Eggs
                                    22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                                    Season 2 winner:

Comment

• It is just the endings that are being voted on though, so the scene before isn't intended to be part of what's being compared. That might not change your voting of course as it's tough to pick between them when it gets this far on anyway.
                                      Oh right. I thought it was the entire opening teaser that was being judged not just the final few moments of it. Dare I say that might explain why "Becoming I" was voted off so early as that really surprised me

Hm, I still wouldn't place it above "Halloween", "Surprise", "Innocence" or "Passion" but it's about on par with "WSWB." I prefer "WSWB" because I prefer Buffy > Spike and I love Buffy's "Miss me?" to Xander and Willow (*cough* the audience *cough*) but Spike's entrance is more iconic and important to the series as a whole.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

• Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                                        Oh right. I thought it was the entire opening teaser that was being judged not just the final few moments of it. Dare I say that might explain why "Becoming I" was voted off so early as that really surprised me

Hm, I still wouldn't place it above "Halloween", "Surprise", "Innocence" or "Passion" but it's about on par with "WSWB." I prefer "WSWB" because I prefer Buffy > Spike and I love Buffy's "Miss me?" to Xander and Willow (*cough* the audience *cough*) but Spike's entrance is more iconic and important to the series as a whole.
                                        Yep Becoming 1's prologue's ending isn't strong on it's own.

Spike's entrance is definitely iconic for sure and it would reach top 5 for me, but I'd put it on a par with Halloween. Even though neither would hit my top three (WSWB, Surprise, Passion), I wouldn't be upset if either actually won. I really love a lot about all the ones we have left, but especially those five.

Comment

• - Halloween
                                          + Innocence

School Hard: Near a small park and playground at night, a 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign and screeches to a halt. Spike gets out and strolls over to the curb, lighting a cigarette. "Home, sweet home." - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
                                          07. Lie to Me
                                          08. IOHEFY
                                          09. What's My Line 1
                                          10. Phases
                                          11. Becoming 1
                                          12. Becoming 2
                                          13. Reptile Boy
                                          14. Killed by Death
                                          16. What's My Line 2
                                          17. The Dark Age
                                          18. Ted
                                          20. Go Fish
                                          21. Bad Eggs
                                          22. Inca Mummy Girl

Results:
                                          Season 2 winner:

Comment

Working...
                                          X