Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadow Stalker - 3.08 - Out With The Old...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Stalker - 3.08 - Out With The Old...

Series: Shadow Stalker
    Episode: 3.08 ? Out With The Old...
    Writer: Lex
    Editor and Proof Reader: Alex Hart

I do not claim credit for any of Joss Whedon's creation and the featuring of his characters and episodes in this series is simply for my pleasure and not at all for financial gain as I do all this for free! All characters not affiliated with Jossverse belong to me, as do the plot lines. Season Three starts alongside Season 5 of Angel and is in association with Rogue Redemption, (Amber); Chosen, (Heather); BtVS Seasons 8 + 9 and AtS Season 6, (Alex Hart); Broken Destiny (Joe) and Raven (Alexander Brown).

TEASER

OPEN ON ? NEW YORK
    ALLEY ? EXT.STREETS - NIGHT

SONG: THE KLAXONS ? ATLANTIS TO INTERZONE

The strange eerie music begins to play as the camera shows a dormant alleyway in the middle of New York City in the middle of the night.

The lyrics burst to sound as the scene erupts on to the screen. XAK, DANTE and LANCE are rushing down an alleyway, five men in pursuit of them. The camera closes in on their faces as their panicked sprint causes them to run on screen. (The music below plays throughout)

"Good thieves of burning cars encircle poisoned rivers minds and hearts
    Horses want to dance but find their wings are damaged: water damaged
    "

We cut to a crossroads in the alleyway and the five men come to it. XAK, DANTE and LANCE are nowhere to be seen. They stop and look around in the various directions. They eventually look at one of the men; their leader, he is played by John Schneider. (The music below plays throughout)

"Gold is selling well but hurry mighty ocean rising fast
    A big man with a Plan has got a storm a coming
    "

GANG LEADER: We need to split up. They could be anywhere.

MAN #1: We need to hurry Carl, we can't let them get away.

MAN #2: We've got the blonde already; those bastards won't get far.

The GANG LEADER/CARL sighs angrily.

CARL: I know! Ok you two, go down that one, you two down the other, I'll go down this one. When you get them, kill them...they deserve to die.

CARL'S gang nod and they split up in the direction their leader had dictated to them. They disappear off screen and then the camera waits for a moment and a lid to a dumpster lifts. XAK jumps out and then helps DANTE and LANCE out of it as well. They look around, breathless seeing no member of CARL'S gang there. (The music below plays throughout)

"From Atlantis to Interzone
    You start at the end and you end on your own
    From Atlantis to Interzone
    You start at the edge and you end on the throne
    "

XAK: That was too close...

LANCE: Do you think Misty will be ok?

XAK: She'll be fine, they're on us ? not her. (determined) I need to get Cate. They've had her for nearly an hour...they could have done anything to her in that time.

LANCE: (worried) Cate is tough, she'll be fine.

XAK looks doubtful. (The music below plays throughout)

"Yer dead man half alive who hangs from helping numbers 1.2.5.
    His ears pricked with their knife hears that the east are coming west are coming
    "

XAK: She's not herself...we don't know that. You two stick together, we'll meet back at the containers in two hours.

DANTE: Where are you going?

XAK: To get Cate. Get to the docks, and get Misty to safety. She's too precious.

They nod and they then turn and hurry away down an alleyway. XAK begins to walk away following the path that CARL took. (The music below plays throughout)

"From Gravity's Rainbow; the axis here is still unknown
    The children's faces glow
    The wasteland guides them: wasteland guides them
    "

CUT TO ?

DANTE and LANCE moving down one of the alley paths. Someone is following them... (The music below plays throughout)

"

CUT TO ?

XAK moves cautiously down his route, knowing CARL has gone down this route. He turns a corner and stops dead in his tracks. His eyes widen, and a shiver runs down his spine causing him to shiver with shock; all because of what he sees in front of him.

The music stops.

XAK: (quietly) No...

He looks down at the dead blonde in front of him; her face facing the ground and covered in bloody matted hair. Her body is shrouded by shadows but her head and blonde hair is in the light.

CATE was dead. They had got her.

He rushes to the body and kneels in front of her, unsure of whether to pick her up or leave her undisturbed. He reaches out and puts a hand on her hair, caressing the dead fibres softly.

XAK: I'm sorry I let you down...I'm so sorry...

He lets a tear fall down cheek as the camera rotates to show CARL stood behind XAK with a knife in one hand, and a gun in the other. The gun pointed at the back of XAK'S head; the safety off, and the finger poised on the trigger.

CUT TO BLACK

END OF TEASER

As the screen remains black for a moment a moon begins to fade into view and then the words in bright white?SHADOW STALKER. They fade as quickly as they appeared.

ACT ONE

OPEN ON ? NEW YORK
    SIN'S THRONE ROOM ? INT.SIRENS ? MORNING

CAPTION: 12 HOURS EARLIER?

With the army doubled in size the club is no longer a club, it is a palace. The vampires are stood all around the club, with BLACK, DELILAH and JESSE all stood in front of SIN'S throne. She is sat on it looking at a large file with ease; flicking through the pages quickly and casually as if she isn't really looking at it.

SIN: Hm?

BLACK: (concerned) Is something the matter?

SIN: Not for much longer. This information you have amassed on The Kalipso Syndicate; your sources are reliable I trust?

BLACK: Undeniably so. It took two weeks to obtain the information you required, and everything you wish to know about them is in there.

SIN: Then I want every last one of those heretics dead as soon as the sun falls. I trust you have a location?

BLACK nods.

BLACK: I can deploy a team as soon as possible.

SIN: I would prefer it if you were to handle this one Black. Everyone has a role in this war.

BLACK smiles.

BLACK: Very well, I will take a handful with me tonight.

He turns to DELILAH and JESSE.

BLACK: Ready the best fighters. I want a team ready to depart for the docks at sundown.

They smirk to one another.

SIN: Good. With The Kalipso Syndicate all dead soon, that leaves but one of their allies untouched.

BLACK turns back and looks to the list and looks down at what SIN is looking.

BLACK: Ah yes. Her. She could prove problematic if she contacts your parents with any more information. She should be eradicated.

SIN looks angry at this.

SIN: Do not presume that just because you have provided me with information and an army that you can over step your status and provide me with advice?vampire. I am fully aware that I cannot proceed without verification on this matter. I will visit this Misty Meadows. I will make sure she doesn't become any more of an inconvenience to me than she already has been.

She glares at BLACK, angrily. He may be powerful, and he may have been a formidable protector ? but she needed no protecting. His only use was his army ? if he failed with them, there was no need for him.

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
    CATE'S ROOM ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ ? AFTERNOON

CATE is in bed, asleep. She begins to stir and when she becomes more awake she grasps her head as if in pain. She looks around the room confused, as if she's forgotten where she is.

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
    XAK'S ROOM ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ ? AFTERNOON

XAK is also in bed, but fully awake and lying on his side staring at the spot where CHARLIE should be lying. He hasn't shaved in days.

BROGAN (O/S): Ok?come on.

XAK doesn't look over but BROGAN is stood in the doorway.

BROGAN: We need help; we haven't seen Cate all day and Charlie's gone so?

XAK: (quietly) You don't need to remind me?

BROGAN: Sorry to impose on your keen need to mope, but you can't keep doing this. We need you, the world needs you.

XAK: You have your disks; what help can I be.

BROGAN: (infuriated) If that's how you see it fine; we'll take care of Sin?and the mess you've left us all with. Some hero?

XAK doesn't answer and BROGAN walks towards the door and out of the room.

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
    CORRIDOR ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ ? AFTERNOON

BROGAN leaves XAK'S room and KAIA is standing in the corridor waiting for BROGAN and looks at him eagerly.

KAIA: (worried) Well?

BROGAN carries on walking and doesn't look at her, but she grabs his arm, causing him to stop.

KAIA: Ea, please.

BROGAN looks to her eventually and sighs.

BROGAN: Looks like you got your wish. He's not just heartbroken, he's?broken.

He pulls his arm away and then begins walking away.

KAIA: That is not what I wanted.

He stops again and turns to her.

BROGAN: Isn't it? Wasn't it your goal to destroy them? You won! Charlie's gone?so maybe now you could grace us with moving on.

KAIA: (shouting after him) I did not want this to happen! I wanted to be noticed, to not be alone. I did not mean to cause misery and heartbreak.

BROGAN: Well that's what you get when you choose to get noticed with your lips.

She looks away.

BROGAN: You know the ironic thing. I liked you Kaia?

She looks up shocked.

BROGAN: I had a thing for you for ages. And you never noticed, you never wanted to move on. It's not that you didn't want to be alone; you just can't stand being ignored. Well you know what ? get used to it. I did.

KAIA: (quietly) I had no idea.

BROGAN: Well now you do.

He looks at her and then walks away. She watches him leave as the camera rotates to show XAK stood near the open door to his room, watching and listening ? but not being heard or seen.

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
    INTELLIGENCE UNIT ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE ? AFTERNOON

SOFIA is sat with CONSTANCE at one of the desks. Various windows are open on the computer in front of them ? CHRISTIAN'S disks. CONSTANCE nods.

CONSTANCE: Looks like we've got everything on here.

SOFIA: We've done all the checks?

CONSTANCE nods again.

CONSTANCE: Every scrap of information he put on here is now on our network and on these files. Good work Sofia.

She smiles at her. There are a few files on the desk in front of them.

SOFIA: (smiling) It wasn't me, Dante did it.

CONSTANCE: Good for him then?You two have gotten close haven't you?

SOFIA'S smile fades to a neutral expression.

SOFIA: We always had a connection; no matter how much we tried to deny it, there was always something there?

CONSTANCE raises an eyebrow.

CONSTANCE: I sense a "but"?

SOFIA: (sighing) Yeah?I dunno what it is. I just don't think he really wants me the way he says he does. He says he wants to not waste an opportunity again?but I don't think he really wanted to say it to me; he just said it ?cause I was there.

CONSTANCE: (confused) Who else is there?

SOFIA shrugs.

SOFIA: (sadly) I have no idea. But I know him; it's not me he's into, not entirely; not really. That's why I didn't indulge in his wish to give us another chance. I'd just get hurt?and in the end, so would he.

CONSTANCE looks at SOFIA, noticing that she doesn't look happy.

CONSTANCE: Well that's sad. Hey, when all this is over, maybe we could have a girl's night out?

SOFIA smiles.

SOFIA: I'd like that. Thank you Constance.

CONSTANCE: No problem ? but if you tell anyone I was nice to you, I'm afraid I shall have to kill you.

SOFIA laughs slightly.

SOFIA: Don't worry, confidentiality is my middle name. Besides after seeing how Kaia reacted to her husband getting a new girlfriend, I can't imagine what she'd do if she saw you being friendly with anyone else.

CONSTANCE sighs, infuriated.

CONSTANCE: Don't get me started with Kaia Thorn.

SOFIA: Things are that bad huh?

CONSTANCE: She thinks that now Charlie is gone, she has a shot. She's delirious; I just wish she could see past Xak and see there's a whole world out there that she's ignoring?

SOFIA considers this for a moment.

SOFIA: Yeah, I think that's a philosophy I need to employ.

CONSTANCE pauses for a second, and they are interrupted further by the door opening and DANTE entering from the corridor.

DANTE: Hey, not interrupting anything I hope?

CONSTANCE stands and walks towards him smirking.

CONSTANCE: Not at all, do come in. Sofia's got something important to tell you?

She turns back to SOFIA and looks at her and then turns and walks out of the Intelligence Unit. DANTE looks at CONSTANCE confused and then turns back to SOFIA with an eyebrow raised.

DANTE: Weird chick?what did you want to talk about?

SOFIA goes to open her mouth to reply, then realizes she's not sure what she wants to tell him - the information from CHRISTIAN'S disks, or her feelings?

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
    MEDICAL WARD ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ - AFTERNOON

CATE opens the door to the Medical Ward and looks around dazed. ELISE turns to her, but TRAFFORD is not there. CATE looks to her, confused.

CATE: Elise?

ELISE doesn't reply, she can't.

CATE: Where's your brother?

ELISE scoffs and storms past CATE out of the Medical Ward into the corridor. CATE watches her leave desperately.

CATE: Please?

ELISE slams the door and CATE looks around the empty room. She moves further in and looks at the cupboard where the Onyx Tonic box was ? still empty.

She moves towards TRAFFORD'S desk and sees a note on it. Scribbled on it are various ingredients. She knows them?she recognizes them from when her and CHARLIE were trying to decipher the ingredients of Onyx Tonic two years ago?

She looks at the list with widened eyes and then looks around for the ingredients around the room. She grabs a mixing bowl?

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
    URSULA'S ROOM ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ ? AFTERNOON

URSULA is sat at her desk writing a report. There is a knock at the door.

URSULA: Come in.

The door opens and TRAFFORD enters. She turns and smiles at him.

URSULA: Trafford what a pleasant surprise.

He smiles and notices that she is working.

TRAFFORD: I'm not disturbing you I hope?

URSULA: Yes, but a welcome disturbance from writing up reports for "The Sponsor". What did you need my boy?

TRAFFORD moves further into the room and closes the door behind him.

TRAFFORD: It's about something Elise told me.

URSULA: (intrigued) Oh?

TRAFFORD: I should have come to you sooner about it, but I didn't know how?

URSULA: (worried) What is it?

TRAFFORD: She came into your room, the night Charlie left. She found your diary?

URSULA looks away now, and her worried expression fades instantaneously.

URSULA: (quietly) I thought I had misplaced some pages.

TRAFFORD: So is it true? What she saw, about us and Shelter.

URSULA stands now and walks towards him.

URSULA: I don't quite know what it is you're insinuating Trafford but you out of anyone should know I have only ever had your best interests at heart. So if I am keeping anything closer to my chest than some things, then I am doing it for a reason. You can trust that can't you?

TRAFFORD: I trust you Ursula ? but there's only so many secrets we can all keep to our chests before they come out. Like our presence in this dimension; Xak's origin and your secret will come out eventually as well. The power is in your hands, and yours alone to tell.

With this he turns and leaves the room. URSULA watches him leave and sighs, closing her eyes. She opens them and looks around the empty room sadly. She leaves the room and closes the door behind her.

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
    INTELLIGENCE UNIT ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ ? AFTERNOON

DANTE walks towards SOFIA confused, and she looks slightly awkward.

DANTE: Sofia? What did she mean?

SOFIA: Oh, Constance? Well we got all the information from Christian's disks?she wanted me to share it with you.

DANTE: Oh?

He approaches the desk, not quite expecting to hear what she was said. She hands him a file.

DANTE: ?So this is everything he knew huh?

He looks at the file. She nods.

SOFIA: Yeah, it's all there.

DANTE sighs looking at it.

SOFIA: You ok?

DANTE: Yeah just wish I could have helped him more.

SOFIA: He meant a lot to you didn't he?

DANTE: (changing the subject) Was there something else you needed?

He looks at her resolute. She pauses, looking at him; her lips poised to speak. Before she gets to answer the door opens again and LANCE enters. They both turn to him.

DANTE: Lance?

LANCE looks at him and then turns to SOFIA.

LANCE: We're needed in the Lobby. Ursula has an announcement to make?

SOFIA: Oh ok?

She goes to leave but DANTE grabs her arm.

DANTE: So, was there anything else?

SOFIA smiles at him.

SOFIA: No, nothing. Come on?

She walks towards LANCE and the open door and DANTE watches her leave, and eventually his eye line catches LANCE'S.

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
    XAK'S ROOM ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ ? EVENING

XAK is dressed now; but he still looks mournful and full of regret. He approaches the dresser in his room and looks at the mirror on top of it. His unshaven face stares at its reflection with contempt and anger. He picks it up and then turns throwing it at the wall.

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
    LOBBY ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ - EVENING

URSULA is stood in front of BROGAN, KAIA, CONSTANCE, TRAFFORD, ELISE, SOFIA, CATE, DANTE and LANCE. DANTE has in his hands the file that SOFIA gave him.

Everyone one of them seems to show tension with one another. ELISE keeps looking CATE who didn't quite get enough time to brew more tonic. KAIA also looks regretfully at BROGAN and CONSTANCE keeps an eye on DANTE and SOFIA and so does LANCE. TRAFFORD keeps a watchful eye on URSULA?

URSULA: Do not think I haven't noticed the irreparable gaps that have appeared since Charlie's departure.

CATE looks down.

URSULA: And I know this is hard for many of you, but I assure you that it was in her best interest to leave. I also can say with complete clarity that she would not want us to have broken apart into varying pairs?

XAK (O/S): You do?

Most of the group turns to see XAK stood ? now cleanly shaved and dressed ? by the entrance to one of the corridors. URSULA smiles upon seeing him.

URSULA: Xak, my dear. How good it is to see you up and about?

He doesn't smile at her or look as if he's replying. He continues to walk into the room.

XAK: Because it strikes me as odd that after a day of meeting you Ursula, that you would know the inner workings of my girlfriend's mind.

URSULA looks beat slightly. BROGAN moves forwards and looks at XAK.

BROGAN: Xak man, that's not fair. She's just trying to help. None of this is easy for any of us.

XAK: No? Then why bother bringing me back into the fold? If I only make things harder!

CONSTANCE steps forward resilient.

CONSTANCE: You know why we had to do it Xak. You were in danger?

XAK: I've been in danger for the last two years and I didn't see you exactly jumping to my cause then. What was it?

He looks at them all who look beat. ELISE shies away from the argument and hurries away down one of the corridors. TRAFFORD looks at her leave desperately and then turns back to XAK.

TRAFFORD: Maybe we couldn't bear seeing you go through much more pain without helping? Did you think of that?

XAK: I did, but after what I've experienced here I doubt that.

He looks to KAIA who has remained relatively quiet until this time. CATE looks like she's finding it hard to cope.

XAK: I think you just waited for Charlie and I to be at a weak point?before you destroyed us.

CATE looks at KAIA, feeling suddenly focused ? agreeing with XAK.

KAIA: I didn't bring about anything that wasn't already there.

XAK: No? Well you seem pretty adamant to alter it in any way you could.

He glances at BROGAN.

XAK: Even though there were other options.

BROGAN looks down, figuring XAK heard everything.

KAIA: In case you forgot Xak, it takes two people to destroy a relationship. I was just one of them.

CATE scoffs, glaring deeply at her.

CATE: Oh you know what, screw you.

CATE moves up to KAIA. Everyone looks slightly in shock at her outburst. CONSTANCE, DANTE, LANCE and SOFIA watch her carefully.

CATE: It was all you and you knew it. Yeah anyone could see they were having problems, but they were working through it. You knew it more than anyone?and instead of accepting the fact that your husband had a new life, you knew just how to obliterate that life by worming your way back into his system?

CONSTANCE moves forwards now and stands in between CATE and KAIA.

CONSTANCE: Yeah? And where were you Cate while all this was happening? Drinking and partying with Sin's disciples instead of being a shoulder for your friends?

CATE glares deeply at her.

CATE: Bite me shadow girl. Just ?cause you're the queen of observing people's lives, it does not give you the right to involve yourself in any of them.

CATE clenches her fist tightly and moves forward a step. XAK moves forward also and puts an arm on her shoulder.

XAK: Don't Cate?

CONSTANCE: (incredulous, to XAK) You're sticking up for her?

XAK looks at her sternly.

XAK: Don't ask me to pick sides Con. She may have had her troubles but she's working through them in her own way and I'm supporting that. Besides, she's right?

CONSTANCE sighs and CATE looks away, knowing that XAK doesn't know the whole truth.

CONSTANCE: I can't believe this.

XAK: Well believe it. We have flaws as a group but the one thing these guys have not been is jealous of the fact that I had a life before them. They haven't kept secrets from me for my whole life. Never have you guys told me the truth about where I come from; who my real parents are and why I, when paired with Charlie, am such a threat to existence. I understand this isn't easy for you all to see, and I believe that you're trying to do good in this world. But if you can't accept the fact that I have a right to know my past and a right to have happiness in a life after you?then I shouldn't be here.

SOFIA steps forwards.

SOFIA: But they do see that Xak, and everything they've done they've done for a reason. I truly believe that.

DANTE turns to her.

DANTE: Sofia, don't get involved?this isn't our battle.

SOFIA: Well I wasn't asking you to get involved Dante?

XAK: Well he is, and so is Lance. Whether you like it or not Syndicate, we're a team and we may be dysfunctional and yeah we may all have tried to kill one another at some time or other, but it's only brought us closer as a unit. (to SOFIA) And you may be right Sofia, and you guys may be trying to do that, but I just can't believe it?I can't believe that in people who feel the need to keep such a huge part of my life a secret from me, and I certainly can't believe that in people who feel the need to brush away this new part of my life?just because they were here first.

BROGAN and TRAFFORD look down and CONSTANCE looks amazed.

CONSTANCE: This is madness?

URSULA moves forward to XAK, tearful.

URSULA: Please, Xak. Let's stop the arguing now, this isn't getting us anywhere. I understand your concerns and your need for answers and a more amiable relationship between both groups but we can work through this?

XAK: With more missions that cover up secrets you can't bear to face?

She doesn't know how to answer that.

XAK: Sorry Ursula, but I don't take orders. Not anymore.

He walks towards the exit of the lobby which leads to the docks. CATE watches him and so does everyone else. She eventually follows him. DANTE and LANCE look at one another and follow too.

SOFIA: Dante?

He looks back at her.

DANTE: I wanna stay, but right now I can't.

LANCE listens but continues to walk, breathing softly with each step. DANTE looks at SOFIA and touches her arm. He breaks away and follows XAK, CATE and LANCE.

The Kalipso Syndicate watch in desperation. BROGAN hurries up to XAK.

BROGAN: Xak please, don't go. If not for me then for yourselves, it's too dangerous for you guys out there!

XAK looks back at him and then away to CATE, DANTE and LANCE.

XAK: I'm sorry. I need some time?

BROGAN looks upset as XAK, CATE, DANTE and LANCE open the doors to the stairway and leave together.

BROGAN, KAIA, URSULA, CONSTANCE, TRAFFORD and SOFIA each turn to one another, lost. KAIA looks down, gulping dry air and guilt.

CUT TO BLACK

END OF ACT ONE

Comment

ACT TWO

OPEN ON ? NEW YORK
      CONTAINERS ? EXT.DOCKS ? EVENING

XAK, CATE, DANTE and LANCE emerge from the container and the stairway down into the headquarters of The Kalipso Syndicate. XAK and CATE seem resilient and resolute. The fight with CONSTANCE has erupted CATE'S anger and has made her more focused. They begin walking through the docks.

LANCE: That was tense?

DANTE nods and looks to XAK.

DANTE: I'm sorry, I know that can't have been easy for you to do.

XAK shakes his head.

XAK: Once upon a time they meant everything to me, they were family. I just can't see that in them right now?not if they could keep secrets from me, take away a part of me like Charlie, and then pretend it doesn't matter with more orders.

CATE looks down. She had tried not to think about CHARLIE'S departure too much, the Onyx Tonic had delayed her emotions, and her memory of her emotions, somewhat.

LANCE: I know, but they have helped with Sin. They've unraveled a lot about her.

DANTE figures something and then looks at what is in his hands still.

CATE (O/S): Well I'm hardly blinded by their hands on approach to destroying a major threat to the world. What have they exactly done?

DANTE: More than you might think?

XAK, CATE and LANCE turn to him confused.

XAK: What do you mean?

DANTE holds up the file; all the information that was found on CHRISTIAN'S disks.

DANTE: This is everything Wolfram and Hart, Christian and Leigh knew about Sin. It's all here?her strengths her weaknesses. Sofia and Constance cracked this disk they found in the hotel rubble?they'd been working on it for a while.

XAK looks at the file hopeful, and can't help but feel a pang of regret for being harsh to his old childhood friends.

XAK: Think there might be a way of stopping her in there?

DANTE: Maybe?

XAK looks around.

XAK: Well we can't look at it here. We need to find some place quiet. Remember, nowhere is safe?not anymore.

CATE, DANTE and LANCE nod and then move off screen.

The camera moves back to the container ? the entrance to the base ? the door is open slightly, and so is the entrance to the headquarters?

CUT TO ? NEW YORK
      CLEARING ? EXT.CENTRAL PARK ? EVENING

XAK, CATE, DANTE and LANCE are huddled in a quiet secluded area in Central Park. No one seems to be out and all is quiet. Everyone is looking eagerly at DANTE who is breezing through the file.

XAK: (impatiently) Dante?what do we have?

DANTE breathes heavily.

DANTE: It's what we've been looking for. A way to bring Sin down?

XAK: How?

DANTE: All this time we thought that Christian and Leigh eradicated Sin's humanity in The Black Room. They didn't, they just blocked it out.

LANCE: What? How?is that even possible?

XAK looks at LANCE.

DANTE: The power of The Black Room is immense and extremely elusive. All I know about it is that it's a room of powerful energy and magicks that can do anything for darkness if the user's intent is true enough.

XAK: So because Christian and Leigh truly believed in blocking out Sin's humanity, that's why it happened?

DANTE: (nodding) Basically, yes. But there's something else.

XAK: What is it?

DANTE: Well according to these hourly entries Leigh made on Sin's mental state it seems that her natural powers are so great that she can on occasions over ride the inflicting magic blocking her humanity.

LANCE: That would explain the schizophrenia.

XAK nods, agreeing.

XAK: Dante, is she evil or not?

DANTE: Honestly, I don't know. But if her mind is conflicted about what she's doing then it would seem that although destiny is doing everything it can to dictate her future; she's doing all she can to fight it.

XAK is silent now, and looks down considering the options they have ? could he kill his daughter if she was doing all she could to fight it?

He looks to LANCE.

XAK: (to LANCE) And you didn't know any of this?

LANCE shakes his head.

LANCE: Chris and Leigh were kind of a duo, Melody and I just were the lackeys. All we knew is what she was capable of and they made us believe that that capability was utopian.

XAK nods, believing him.

CATE: (quietly) So what now? I mean we're kind of low on resources...

The camera pans back through the bushes and shows a BLONDE WOMAN listening in on the gang. She has widened eyes and is amazed at what she's hearing. She is played by Chelan Simmons.

XAK (O/S): Not quite?I know someone who could tell us what we need to know to stop Sin?

XAK tells them who can help them; the BLONDE WOMAN has heard enough. She runs away from the bushes heading for the nearest exit ? a destination in mind.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK
      CARGO BAY ? INT.WAREHOUSE ? NIGHT

Ten men are all sat around a table playing poker. Half of them are recognizable as the men chasing XAK, DANTE and LANCE in the Teaser of the episode. CARL is there too. The young BLONDE WOMAN enters the room and looks at them all. CARL looks up at her.

CARL: (sighing) What is it Tina?

The BLONDE WOMAN/TINA folds her arms and looks annoyed.

TINA: Sorry to disturb your precious card game, what are you playing for tonight? Matches or each other's baseball bats?

CARL smirks and looks her dead in the eye.

CARL: Don't mock me, if you have something to say just say it. I don't have time for?

TINA: (interrupting) I found them.

CARL and the other men look up curiously.

CARL: What?

TINA: In the park, they were hiding in a clearing. They said something about killing this young woman.

CARL breathes heavily and deeply.

CARL: They just don't stoop lower do they?murdering freaks?

TINA nods.

TINA: I know where they're going.

CARL stands and looks at the other men.

CARL: Come on men, we need to split up. (gesturing to five men we have not seen before) You five go to the Park, ask anyone you see if they saw where they came from; I wanna know who was harboring those murderers. (gesturing at the other men we do recognize) You guys suit up?

The men nod and move away from the table. TINA watches them as CARL moves towards her. He touches her hair.

CARL: You did good princess.

TINA smiles.

TINA: Thanks dad?

He pauses and looks at her, regretfully.

CARL: I know I'm hard on you, but it's only because?

TINA: (quietly) I know.

CARL sighs and looks down.

CARL: Your brother's disappearance affected this family deeply. Your mom left?

TINA: ?Because you poured your heart into finding out what happened, I know. You've been obsessed in these people for weeks now?

CARL: They are not people; they are murderers and freaks and every door I've opened trying to find him has led to them.

TINA nods.

TINA: Then find them. End this and find out what they did to my brother?

CARL: I will, but first I need to know where they're going. Where Tina?

She looks at her father. The name of their destination poised on the tip of her tongue.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK
      SIDEWALK ? EXT.STREETS ? NIGHT

XAK and CATE are walking side by side along the sidewalk towards their destination. CATE clutches her stomach, and breathes heavily, a cold sweat breaking out on her forehead. XAK notices.

XAK: (concerned) You ok?

CATE: (intermittent, through breaths) Yeah?dandy.

XAK: I think we both know that isn't true.

She looks worried; did he know?

CATE: What do you mean?

XAK: You were just getting over everything and then I go and ruin everything for you again.

He looks at her guiltily.

XAK: The Syndicate, Kaia, Charlie. I know I've made things worse for you?and for that, I'm sorry.

CATE gives him a smile ? a fake one.

CATE: (quickly) Xak, really I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me. I'm working through things in my own way, and I've come up with a rather effective way of dealing with things.

XAK: Well if it's that effective?care to share?

CATE pauses and breathes in through her nose and out through her mouth. She looks away.

CATE: Maybe one day?

XAK looks at her. He'd heard this before with CATE ? dealing with it another day ? he couldn't let his friend go through this again without help?

As XAK and CATE then move off screen the camera focuses on DANTE and LANCE who are not far behind them. LANCE looks shifty.

LANCE: It's so quiet?

DANTE: Yeah it is. I don't expect people feel too safe out at the moment; mass murders tend to put people on edge.

LANCE looks at him.

LANCE: Yeah I guess they do.

DANTE looks at him which causes LANCE to look away. DANTE smirks and laughs slightly.

DANTE: You can ask me you know.

LANCE: Ask you what?

DANTE: Why I kissed Sofia.

LANCE: Why would you think I'd care to ask?

DANTE: I don't know if you do or not Lance, but I saw your face when I kissed her, and the way you've been since. I just thought you might want to talk about it, you know as friends.

LANCE: (defensively) I don't want you mean.

DANTE stops and so does LANCE.

DANTE: Why are you like this with me?

LANCE: Because I don't know what it is you're expecting from me!

DANTE: I'm not expecting anything from you Lance but every time I talk to you, you seem to think that I am. Ever thought it's not me with the issue?

He looks at him expectantly, but LANCE pauses.

LANCE: I don't have issues. You don't know anything about me Dante, and considering what you did to me, my brother and my parents you're lucky I even talk to you; let alone humour you with jealousy.

DANTE pauses for a second, breathing deeply.

DANTE: So you were jealous.

XAK (O/S): Guys we're here.

DANTE and LANCE pause for a moment, looking at one another, before breaking away to XAK and CATE.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK
      ENTRANCE ? EXT.BUILDING ? NIGHT

The entrance to the building is unknown but it makes CATE feel uncomfortable. Neon lights flash above the door. XAK tries to look through the door window as DANTE and LANCE approach them.

LANCE: This is it.

XAK nods to him.

XAK: Yeah. I hope she's there?

DANTE: She will be.

CATE: Well if it's ok with you guys I'd rather not go in.

XAK: (concerned) You ok?

CATE: Sure?I just could do with the air and I don't think this place is quite my thing.

XAK nods and smiles.

XAK: If you need us, we're inside.

She nods and they walk past her and enter the building. The camera pauses on CATE who looks reflective. She leans against the wall next to the door and tilts her head back against it.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK
      BAR ? INT.CHERRY BOMB ? NIGHT

SONG: N.E.R.D ? LAPDANCE

The lyrics begin to play as XAK enter the building, DANTE and LANCE behind him; they're in Cherry Bomb. Its neon lights are as bright and powerful as ever and the recent happenings in the city has not deterred the seedy clientele. The dancers are as ever erotic and beautiful in their bold outfits and wigs. They can't pinpoint MISTY. CORAL, clad in a red wig and bikini heads their way, remembering XAK. She scoffs.

CORAL: (to XAK) I think Misty made it pretty clear, you weren't welcome here.

XAK: (entreating) Please, we need to talk to her. It's important.

CORAL: We?

DANTE (O/S): That's right Coral.

DANTE and LANCE move from behind XAK into CORAL'S vision. CORAL looks at DANTE sternly. She slaps him across the face.

CORAL: You owe me $300.

DANTE touches his face.

DANTE: Missed you too.

LANCE rolls his eyes.

DANTE: Where's Misty?

MISTY (O/S): I think Coral speaks for both of us.

The men turn to see MISTY, wearing a blue wig and blue leather cat suit. She crosses her arms and stares at them all sternly.

While DANTE smiles, XAK looks relieved.

DANTE: Mist?good to see ya girl.

She approaches him and slaps him across the face, causing DANTE to laugh. He clutches his face again.

MISTY: You owe me $400 Daniel?

LANCE: (confused) Daniel?

XAK: (interrupting) Look Misty?

MISTY: No, you look. What you made me see has scarred me ever since?why would I help you now?

XAK: Because I have something to offer you I think you'll be very interested in.

MISTY and CORAL look at one another, then back to the guys.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK
      ENTRANCE ? EXT.CHERRY BOMB ? NIGHT

CATE is still stood outside the club. She looks bored and looks around her and sees only one person approaching her on the sidewalk. A blond woman ? TINA. She passes CATE and smiles. As she passes a MAN runs out of a nearby alley and grabs TINA, tearing her purse from her hand which alerts CATE.

CATE: Hey!

The MAN is hooded but pushes TINA into CATE and runs away with the bag in hand.

TINA: Oh god?

CATE: Are you ok?

TINA: (shaken) My bag?

CATE: Don't worry, wait here.

Regaining her footing she leaves TINA and runs with full Slayer speed after the MAN. He turns a corner in the sidewalk but CATE is hot on his tail. He turns again down another alleyway, and CATE does too.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK
      ALLEY ? EXT.STREETS ? NIGHT

She stops as she enters. The MAN has disappeared. She looks around and she walks further in. She hears something behind her and the man is stood there. He pulls out a tazer gun and sends a high voltage into CATE'S neck. She winces and falls to the floor. The MAN pulls off his hood ? CARL. He looks down at the weakened CATE on the floor, and soon enough the other men from CARL'S gang arrive on scene. TINA appears in alleyway and approaches her father.

TINA: Nice tackle.

CARL: Didn't hurt I hope?

TINA: Hell no?I'm tougher than that.

CARL: That's my girl.

They look at one another and then approach CATE who is on the floor, breathing heavily.

TINA: Looks like we got one.

She takes the tazer gun from her father and kneels down in front of CATE.

TINA: Hey little one. I've got a bone to pick with you.

She jams the gun again into CATE'S neck and hits her with a high voltage. CATE screams and writhes in pain.

CUT TO BLACK

END OF ACT TWO

Comment

ACT THREE

OPEN ON ? NEW YORK
        BOOTH ? INT.CHERRY BOMB ? NIGHT

XAK, DANTE and LANCE are pushed into the booth by MISTY who follows them in and closes the door.

MISTY: You know I'm not an ATM for information.

DANTE: We know that, I more than anyone.

MISTY: (to XAK) It's bad enough you had to show up but you had to bring him too.

XAK: Yeah sorry about that, but he's kind of part of the gang now.

MISTY: Sucks to be you. (indicating LANCE) Who are you?

LANCE: My name's Lance.

MISTY: And your friends with Daniel?

LANCE: I wouldn't go that far.

MISTY: (smiling) I like you, you're my favourite.

DANTE rolls his eyes.

XAK: Look Misty, I know you have your issues with us but I'll tell you everything you need to know and more if you just give me a chance to explain.

She considers this, and sighs.

MISTY: You've got five minutes, and this offer of yours better be damn good if it's stopping me from centre stage.

XAK reaches into his pocket and pulls out a large amount of cash.

XAK: I think you'll be persuaded?

She looks at the money; it's more than she earns in a week.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

The camera is showing someone's perspective.

It is blurred, and the figures of two people walking around in front of her can be seen. Gradually they come to focus. It's CARL and TINA.

TINA: What are you gonna do with her?

CARL looks at the screen, and as he does the camera cuts to a third person we can see it is CATE whose eyes we are seeing from. She's tied to a chair and looks groggy.

CARL: (to his daughter) You deal with her, Tina?she's only one of them. We have to get the others.

He turns to the other men.

CARL: Come on boys?tonight's the night.

They leave and TINA watches them go. She turns back to CATE who is looking at her.

TINA: Hey you.

CATE: (slowly) Who are you?

TINA: Who us? We're just people. Ordinary human beings.

She moves towards CATE.

TINA: Who are you?or the real question should be: what are you?

CATE: I don't know what you mean.

TINA: Oh so it's a coincidence your face has been on the news and in the papers for weeks now?

CATE doesn't answer.

TINA: Yeah that's what I thought.

CATE shakes her head.

CATE: You've got it all wrong. Everyone has.

TINA laughs.

TINA: Sure, the whole state have got it all wrong and you're in the frame! I don't think so blondey.

CATE: You're blonde too dumbass.

TINA: (smiling) Make all your jibes while you can, because when my dad finds your friends; it's time for your execution.

CATE'S eyes widen, she looks around her helplessly. There's no one to help her, and she's feeling weak from the withdrawal. She needs help.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

MISTY has heard their offer. She unfolds her arms and sighs.

MISTY: As much as I hate to admit it, it's an intriguing offer?

She turns and listens to the music outside the door and her friends working for every dime.

MISTY: ?But I can't. As weird as it may seem, this place is like home to me now, those girls are my family. I need them.

She looks down.

XAK: I know you do, I understand that more than anyone.

She turns back to him and smiles slightly.

XAK: But this place Misty, it's not safe anymore. If anyone finds out you've helped us before you could either be a suspect like we are with the law or worse?

MISTY looks down again, and then to DANTE.

DANTE: (soothing) He's right Mist. I know it's hard to make the transition, but it isn't just a case of us needing you?you need us.

MISTY breathes softly ? could she leave it all behind? Start a fresh?

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

CATE is trying to pull her hands free from the ropes, they're tight?but loosening ever so slightly. TINA watches her closely, a knife in her hand.

TINA: I wouldn't try anything if I were you.

CATE: You seriously think you could take me?

TINA: Probably not, but I'd sure as hell take you with me. Anyway, thought I'd got you all wrong?

CATE: You have?you don't know anything about me. Still doesn't mean you could stop me if I tried to get way.

TINA: Probably not. Good job I'm good at tying knots huh?

CATE: (shaking her head) You have no idea what you're doing?

TINA: And do you have any idea why we're doing this? Go on, hazard a guess.

CATE: I dunno, your thong is giving you the mother of all wedgies?

TINA glares at her and rushes towards her and puts the knife to CATE'S throat.

TINA: Thin ice little girl.

She moves away and CATE purses her lips resilient.

TINA: My brother disappeared a few weeks back. No one knows where he is.

CATE: So you're going round kidnapping people?

TINA: We had no leads on where he was. That was until we looked into where he worked and it turns out three of you had visited that place, two of you on the night where hundreds of people were killed, and two of those were up for murder and were pretty good at disappearing if I remember correctly.

CATE: (confused) What? Where did he work?

TINA: Sirens.

CATE'S eyes widen slightly in hearing the name of the club that nearly killed her.

CATE: (quietly) What's your brother's name.

TINA crosses her arms.

TINA: Jesse, Jesse Reed.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

MISTY looks up to XAK, then to DANTE and LANCE.

MISTY: Could we have a moment alone.

XAK turns to them and nods.

LANCE: We'll be right outside if you need us.

DANTE looks at them both and then follows LANCE out of the booth. They close the door behind them.

XAK: Misty?

MISTY: (interrupting) Look I don't know how you got involved with Daniel or that Lance guy, and I do believe you when you say this is serious but?

XAK: (interrupting) It is. I promise you that if you come with us, we can protect you.

MISTY: Where is this place?

XAK: At the docks, there's a base. I wasn't planning on going back but if you were there it would change things. We could be safe and we could do our own work diplomatically to take down Sin under the protection of gods; without any orders.

MISTY: I still don't see how I can help.

XAK: You can look into people's futures by touching them. I believe Sin's time will come and that she will be stopped?I need to see how.

MISTY: How can you be so sure that she will?

XAK: I've watched my friends die because of her?if I don't have hope that justice will be served, then what do I have?

He holds out his hand so that MISTY can take it. She looks at it and looks worried as to whether she should or not?

She takes it and looks deeply into his eyes?

FLASH TO ?

CHARLIE crushed underneath a pylon?

FLASH TO ?

DANTE lying on the floor with his eyes wide, a bullet wound in his forehead...

FLASH TO ?

CATE lying dead in an alleyway, vampires feasting off of her...

FLASH TO ?

LANCE'S decapitated corpse on some ornate stairs?

FLASH TO ?

The bodies of The Kalipso Syndicate lying on the floor of the lobby in a sacrificial symbol, their blood swirling together at SIN'S feet in the centre. She smiles...

FLASH TO ? NEW YORK

XAK falls back and MISTY clutches her head, breathing heavily...

MISTY: (upset) Always death, why is it always death...

XAK'S eyes widen.

XAK: Misty! What the hell was that...it changed from last time...things are different...

Then he realises.

XAK: (quietly) But, some are the same?

MISTY removes her hands from her head and looks up at XAK.

MISTY: There's something about my abilities I haven't told you...

He looks at her sternly.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

DANTE approaches the bar and LANCE follows. DANTE gestures to the barmaid.

DANTE: Two chasers please.

She nods.

LANCE: Buying me drinks now? What next, dinner and movie?

DANTE smirks.

DANTE: Well I don't want you getting jealous of anything young Misty Meadows and I got up to once upon a time.

LANCE sighs as the barmaid brings over two chasers.

LANCE: What's the deal with you two anyway?

DANTE pauses and looks at his drink.

DANTE: After I brought Christian to work here in America, Wolfram and Hart sent us on a mission, under aliases they gave us so as not to get us traced back to the firm.

LANCE: Daniel...

DANTE: Subtle but effective enough. We were private investigators looking into the disappearance of one of my clients. The Senior Partners have used women with Misty's abilities before in these situations; they're human but gifted, they're known as The Reapers. All they see is death. Misty, who was Sugar back then, was happy to help once we flashed her some cash. But what she saw wasn't what we wanted.

LANCE: The client was alive?

DANTE: I dunno, we never found out. All she saw was death surrounding me...she made me promise to never come back.

LANCE looks sad at this.

LANCE: What do you think she saw?

DANTE shakes his head.

DANTE: I dunno. Christian's death maybe...or your brother's.

LANCE clenches his jaw at this.

DANTE: Misty and I shared a moment back then...a connection, which like every connection I've tried to make since then, ended before I wanted it to.

LANCE notes DANTE'S sadness, and in one shot DANTE downs his chaser. All the while, LANCE watches him. The monster he saw kill his parents, the monster who instigated his brother's death...was gone, and he was dealing with what was left.

Before LANCE can look at the man before him for much longer, the door bursts open. In marches CARL REED and his gang of men, armed and dangerous. DANTE and LANCE and the whole of the club turn towards them. A few of the dancers scream, and the barmaids shy away into one another's arms.

CARL: Sorry to disrupt the show people, but we're not leaving until we get what we come for.

DANTE looks to LANCE.

DANTE: (whispering) Get Xak...now.

LANCE nods and moves slowly away as CORAL approaches CARL.

CORAL: (confidently) Leave or I'll call the police. We don't want trouble.

CARL backhands her and she falls to the floor. One of the dancers begins to cry in fear watching CORAL on the floor.

CARL: (sternly) Shut up whore...

He looks up now and walks into Cherry Bomb further. CORAL crawls away on the floor, her mouth bleeding.

CARL: ...Just get those fugitives out here now.

DANTE (O/S): Well seeing as you're so polite.

CARL turns to see DANTE standing smug nearby.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

MISTY is breathing more calmly now. She looks at XAK.

MISTY: My visions?only one of those will come true.

XAK: What? So this is multiple choice?!

MISTY: I know, I don't understand how this works, but in the past this is how things have worked?

XAK: But that was different to what I saw last time?

MISTY: I don't know?something came true? Or you avoided death for someone? Or maybe you met someone new which changed circumstances. I'm not in control of what I see?I'm just the vessel. I'm sorry you had to see those horrible things?

He looks down, trying to figure out what he saw.

MISTY (O/S): Did any of that help with stopping your daughter?

XAK: No?but it means a lot of people close to me could die.

The Kalipso Syndicate?

There is a knock at the door. He ignores it.

XAK: Misty, come with me, now. It's not just about your safety, it's about the safety of people who were very close to me; people who I could lose without your help?I need to know more.

MISTY: What now? I can't just leave my friends, my job?

The knocking continues and then the door opens. It's LANCE.

LANCE: Xak, you need to come outside now?we've got company.

MISTY'S eyes widen.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

CATE looks at TINA. She knows her brother.

CATE: Jesse?

TINA: Remember him, huh?

CATE: I do, but I didn't kill him. I know who did?

TINA'S bottom lip quivers hearing this.

TINA: What?

CATE: Your brother's dead Tina.

TINA shakes his head.

TINA: You're lying! He's missing that's all, and you're gonna tell me where he is!

CATE: He was helping me in the club uncover a woman's death. Two sadistic Vampires got to him; they nearly got me too. He died in an alleyway outside?weeks ago.

TINA: No?(shouting) You're wrong!

CATE: (angrily) Or maybe you can't stand the truth, and would rather blame the nearest person?

She's feeling stronger now and clenches her fist in her roped restraints. TINA grips the knife and lunges at CATE, the knife poised at CATE'S neck?

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

CARL and his men have encircled DANTE now who stands resilient and without fear in front of them.

CARL: Got one of your girls.

DANTE: She can take care of herself, you made a mistake taking her?

CARL: Like you did with my boy.

DANTE: I don't know what you're talking about, but if you hurt one of these nice phosphorescently dressed women again, I will make you pay.

CARL breathes deeply and takes a step forward.

CARL: Is that so?

XAK (O/S): Sure is.

CARL and his men turn to see XAK, with LANCE and MISTY stood either side of him.

CARL: Well how about that?they come in swarms.

MISTY looks scared.

XAK: I know what you've been told by the state.

CARL: The state? You think this is down to good old fashioned prejudice boy? Oh no?this is personal.

XAK: Yeah, well when you threaten one of mine?it's personal too.

CARL glares and holds his shotgun towards XAK. DANTE'S eyes widen and he lunges at CARL and knocks him to the ground. XAK rushes towards the rest of them and with one powerful sweeping kick he knocks them to the ground.

XAK turns to DANTE, LANCE and MISTY.

XAK: Come on! We need to go!

MISTY looks back at her friends and CORAL unsure, but knows if she stays it will just keep coming. She runs. They all do, straight out of the club, leaving the doors wide open in their wake.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK
        SIDEWALK ? EXT.STREETS ? NIGHT

XAK, DANTE, LANCE and MISTY all begin running away from the club.

XAK: We need to get back to the Syndicate now?

DANTE: What did you see?

XAK: All of you dead, and Charlie. And them. I have to stop it all, and get Misty to safety?

DANTE: Xak, they have Cate?

He stops.

XAK: No?

He looks around him and CATE is certainly gone. Any of these alleys could be where CATE meets her end?

XAK: ?Not her too?

LANCE looks behind him, panicked.

LANCE: Xak what are we going to do? They're gonna be on our asses any minute now.

XAK looks at MISTY.

XAK: Head to the docks, we'll meet you there.

MISTY looks scared.

MISTY: What are you going to do?

XAK: Create a diversion, and find Cate?you'll be fine, I promise.

MISTY breathes softly and nods. DANTE smiles at her.

DANTE: He's not wrong about these things. He has that annoying hero complex where the girl is always saved.

MISTY smiles at him.

MISTY: See you soon Daniel. I hope you find her?

She turns and runs across the street down an alleyway.

DANTE: Where now?they could have Cate anywhere?

XAK'S eyes widen as he sees CARL and his men bursting out of the club after them.

XAK: Now?we run.

DANTE and LANCE see them, and then turn and run, following XAK further down the sidewalk. CARL'S men are on their trail?XAK, DANTE and LANCE turn down an alleyway.

CUT TO - NEW YORK

SONG: THE KLAXONS ? ATLANTIS TO INTERZONE

The strange eerie music begins to play as the camera shows a dormant alleyway in the middle of New York City in the middle of the night. The scene from the Teaser.

The lyrics burst to sound as the scene erupts on to the screen. XAK, DANTE and LANCE are rushing down an alleyway, five men in pursuit of them. The camera closes in on their faces as their panicked sprint causes them to run on screen. (The music below plays throughout)

"Good thieves of burning cars encircle poisoned rivers minds and hearts
        Horses want to dance but find their wings are damaged: water damaged
        "

We cut to a crossroads in the alleyway and the five men come to it. XAK, DANTE and LANCE are nowhere to be seen. They stop and look around in the various directions. They eventually look at CARL. (The music below plays throughout)

"Gold is selling well but hurry mighty ocean rising fast
        A big man with a Plan has got a storm a coming
        "

CARL: We need to split up. They could be anywhere.

MAN #1: We need to hurry Carl, we can't let them get away.

MAN #2: We've got the blonde already; those bastards won't get far.

CARL sighs angrily.

CARL: I know! Ok you two, go down that one, you two down the other, I'll go down this one. When you get them, kill them...they deserve to die.

CARL'S gang nod and they split up in the direction their leader had dictated to them. They disappear off screen and then the camera waits for a moment and a lid to a dumpster lifts. XAK jumps out and then helps DANTE and LANCE out of it as well. They look around, breathless seeing no member of CARL'S gang there. (The music below plays throughout)

From Atlantis to Interzone
        You start at the edge and you end on the throne
        "

XAK: That was too close...

LANCE: Do you think Misty will be ok?

XAK: She'll be fine, they're on us ? not her. (determined) I need to get Cate. They've had her for nearly an hour...they could have done anything to her in that time.

LANCE: (worried) Cate is tough, she'll be fine.

XAK looks doubtful. (The music below plays throughout)

"Yer dead man half alive who hangs from helping numbers 1.2.5.
        His ears pricked with their knife hears that the east are coming west are coming
        "

XAK: She's not herself...we don't know that. You two stick together, we'll meet back at the container in two hours.

DANTE: Where are you going?

XAK: To get Cate. Get to the docks, and get Misty to safety. She's too precious.

They nod and they then turn and hurry away down an alleyway. XAK begins to walk away following the path that CARL took. (The music below plays throughout)

"From Gravity's Rainbow; the axis here is still unknown
        The children's faces glow
        The wasteland guides them: wasteland guides them
        "

CUT TO ?

DANTE and LANCE moving down one of the alley paths. Someone is following them... (The music below plays throughout)

"

CUT TO ?

XAK moves cautiously down his route, knowing CARL has gone down this route. He turns a corner and stops dead in his tracks. His eyes widen, and a shiver runs down his spine causing him to shiver with shock; all because of what he sees in front of him.

The music stops.

XAK: (quietly) No...

He looks down at the dead blonde in front of him; her face facing the ground and covered in bloody matted hair. Her body is shrouded by shadows but her head and blonde hair is in the light.

CATE was dead. TINA had got her.

He rushes to the body and kneels in front of her, unsure of whether to pick her up or leave her undisturbed. He reaches out and puts a hand on her hair, caressing the dead fibres softly.

XAK: I'm sorry I let you down...I'm so sorry...

He lets a tear fall down cheek as the camera rotates to show CARL stood behind XAK with a knife in one hand, and a gun in the other. The gun pointed at the back of XAK'S head; the safety off, and the finger poised on the trigger.

CUT TO BLACK

END OF ACT THREE

Comment

ACT FOUR

OPEN ON ? NEW YORK

DANTE and LANCE are walking down the alleyway ? it's empty, but they're alert to presences around us.

DANTE: Can you hear anything?

LANCE shakes his head and carries on walking. For a moment or two they just continue walking in silence, but DANTE'S eyes fall on his partner.

DANTE: You know it's at times like these, when everything is put into perspective.

LANCE: (bluntly) What, when one of us could be dead, and once of us is missing, and the rest of us is just segregated?

DANTE: Well, yeah. Makes all these stupid arguments between us two seem irrelevant?

LANCE stops and turns to him, incredulous.

LANCE: You might think my issues with you are skin deep, but they're not. I know I haven't made it clear to you but that's because I don't make my feelings known often; I don't see how many feelings matter in this world any more, especially mine, after what I've done.

DANTE looks at him confused.

DANTE: Lance, you should never be deprived of your human right to feel just because what you did made you feel inhuman.

LANCE looks at him, his jaw clenched?and then he relaxes.

LANCE: I do want you to be in my life Dante, I'm not going to deny it. You've done a lot for me and in my darkest hour you were there for me, but I'm finding it hard to look past the sarcasm and to not look at you as the man who was responsible for the death of my parents and my brother?

DANTE looks beat hearing this, and looks away, and as he does he sees a gun pointed towards them both. It's fired and DANTE tackles LANCE out of the way, but the bullet grazes DANTE'S shoulder. He winces at the wound and blood pours from his wound.

The shot was fired from two of CARL'S men. LANCE looks at them and glares deeply, almost seething with rage.

He jumps up, instinct kicking in, and he lunges at them and grabs them both by their collars and beats them against the walls and the floor of the alleyway like rag dolls. DANTE watches horrified at LANCE'S strength?power from him that no one had ever seen before. Before long the men are unconscious and without wanting to hurt them more than necessary?LANCE lets them go. They fall to the concrete.

He breathes deeply and heavily and DANTE stands wincing in pain.

DANTE: Lance?

LANCE turns around and looks at him.

DANTE: What was that?

LANCE begins walking towards DANTE now.

LANCE: (sighing) I'm not evil?but there are things you don't know about me.

DANTE just looks at him, accepting this, for now.

DANTE: Ok.

LANCE approaches him and puts an arm around him.

LANCE: Come on?we should get back to the base.

He looks at the graze on DANTE'S arm.

LANCE: You need to get that seen to.

Helping take the weight off DANTE'S arm they walk in between the beaten unconscious bodies of the two men, and head towards the docks. DANTE looks back at the men lying on the floor, confused and worried but secure in LANCE'S grip.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

XAK is still kneeling in front of CATE'S body. His face in disarray?.how could she be dead?

CARL is behind him, the gun aimed?he pulls the trigger but XAK knows he's there.

He spins around and grabs CARL by the neck, knocking the gun out of his hand, and then the knife. He shoves him against the wall and keeps his grip tight on CARL'S neck, glaring deeply into his eyes.

XAK: (seething with emotions) How could you do that?to her?she was just a woman. She was never evil?

As he spits these words out, tears fall from his eyes. CARL looks resilient and disgusted at XAK.

CARL: As much as I'd like to take credit for the murder of one of you freaks?it wasn't me.

XAK: You're a liar?

CARL: Don't get me wrong, I'd have done it in a heartbeat, but like I said, it wasn't me.

XAK looks confused, but continues to glare deeply at CARL, unsure of what to do.

CARL: You better kill me boy, because if you let me go?I'll hunt the rest of you down?and?

XAK has heard enough he head butts CARL and he knocks him out. XAK watches as CARL slumps to the ground, knocked out. XAK looks from him to CATE'S body, tears continuing to fall.

As he looks at her body, he knows he has to move her. He walks slowly over to his friend's corpse?

A car drives past the alleyway, a light flashes down it?illuminating the body. A flash of electric blue. XAK looks confused.

XAK: What?

He moves to the blue object and picks it up. It's a blue wig. MISTY'S blue wig.

He looks back to the body and moves back to her too. He lifts the body up and looks at her.

It's not CATE. It's MISTY. Her wig had fallen off; her real hair was blonde. He looks in shock at seeing MISTY'S body in his arms instead of CATE'S. Her throat was cut. He holds MISTY'S body close?regretfully.

XAK: (whispering in her ear) I'm still sorry. Even though it's you, I'm sorry.

He sighs and breathes deeply, and with MISTY in his arms he walks away. As he leaves the alleyway the camera pans up to show SIN stood on the roof looking down on her father. A bloody knife in her hand?a knife tainted with the blood of a Reaper.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

TINA grips the knife and lunges at CATE, the knife poised at CATE'S neck?

CATE'S eyes widen seeing the tip of knife approaching her. She falls backwards and her legs tear free from the ropes. With her legs free she flips TINA over her and she crashes to the floor. CATE, with her fists still clenched, rips her restraints to shreds and stands up, and approaches TINA who is now without a weapon.

CATE: I'm telling you now. You've got the wrong person.

TINA looks at her disgusted from the floor.

CATE: Just because the media put two and two together and got five doesn't mean?

TINA: Then get out?

She begins to cry and sits up, staring at the floor.

TINA: ?Just leave me and mine alone.

CATE looks at her resiliently.

CATE: I'm sorry you had to find out like this.

She begins walking away but then turns back to TINA.

CATE:You want the truth?

TINA doesn't reply she just cries for her brother.

CATE: (quietly) It only gets easier if you make it stop. That's one thing I am guilty of?

She looks at TINA for a moment and then turns and walks towards the exit of the warehouse.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK
          CONTAINERS ? EXT.DOCKS ? NIGHT

LANCE and DANTE arrive back at the docks, DANTE looks to be in a lot of pain. He groans.

LANCE: We're here now.

DANTE slumps down by the side of one of the containers. LANCE looks around the area ? it's empty.

LANCE: Looks like we're the first back.

DANTE looks at his shoulder.

DANTE: How bad is it?

LANCE moves closer to him and kneels down. He pulls back DANTE'S shirt slightly and looks at the wound.

LANCE: It's just a flesh wound. All drama?

He smirks, DANTE looks at him.

LANCE: ?I'm sorry if what I said was harsh.

DANTE looks down now.

DANTE: It wasn't harsh Lance, it was true, and the way I am sometimes I do forget what I did, and what I am now.

LANCE looks at the wound on DANTE'S shoulder again. Mortal blood.

LANCE: (quietly) You're just a man?

He makes eye contact with DANTE and DANTE makes eye contact with him.

DANTE: (quietly) So are you?

LANCE exhales and goes to speak.

LANCE: Dante?

SONG: BIFFY CLYRO ? MACHINES

The song begins to play as?

DANTE: (cutting in) I do have feelings for Sofia.

LANCE looks confused as to why he's saying this. (The music below plays throughout)

"I would dig a thousand holes to lay next to you
          I would dig a thousand more if I needed to
          "

LANCE: Why are you saying this?

DANTE: (desperately) Because you should know. Jokes, prejudice and evil aside. I'm just a man who's feeling for two people and doesn't know what to do?

(The music below plays throughout)

"I look around the grave for an escape route of old routines
          There doesn't seem to be any other way
          "

LANCE: Two people?

DANTE: Yeah?

LANCE'S eyes widen slightly, and his lips part.

DANTE: Ever since you pleaded for me to kill you I just can't help but feel a connection to you; to help you and to be there for you no matter what. But I do with Sofia too. It's been eating at me because I owe you both enough already to keep anything else from you.

LANCE looks speechless. (The music below plays throughout)

"Cause I've started falling apart I'm not savouring life
          I've forgotten how good it could be to feel alive
          "

LANCE: I don't know what to say...I...

DANTE: Don't say anything. I don't want you just to say anything, not because I did.

They are silent for a while and just look at each other as the camera moves away and leaves them sat on the floor of the quiet dockyard.

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

CORAL and the other dancers and barmaid are sitting around, attending to one another in shock. Some of them are drinking, some are tidying up chairs and tables and wiping them down; all of them confused as to what happened. They all turn though as the door opens. (The music below plays throughout)

"Crazy as it sounds you won't feel as low as you feel right now
          At least that's what I've been told by everyone
          "

XAK is in the doorway stained in MISTY'S blood, her lifeless body in his arms. He looks regretfully at the women around. He moves towards the bar and places her on the counter, and moves backwards as her friends begin to move closer, crying. (The music below plays throughout)

"I whisper empty sounds in your ear and hope that you won't let go
          Take the pieces and build them skywards
          "

CORAL and the others dancers move around MISTY and stroke her hair, hugging one another in turmoil and grief. CORAL turns to look at XAK, but he is gone? (The music below plays throughout)

"Cause I've started falling apart I'm not savouring life
          I've forgotten how good it could be to feel alive
          "

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

CATE, arms folded, walks slowly down the alleyway in the darkness on her own. She scratches her arm nervously. She wasn't handling Onyx Tonic like CHARLIE was?the drug wasn't catered for her system?and now it was making her pay. (The music below plays throughout)

"Take the pieces and build them skywards
          and
          Take the pieces and build them skywards
          "

CUT TO ? NEW YORK

DANTE and LANCE continue to look at one another when from either side of them XAK and CATE enter the dock yard. All four look at one another, each one destroyed a little inside. (The music below plays throughout)

"and
          Take the pieces and build them up to the sky...
          "

FADE TO ? NEW YORK

The song comes to a soft end as the camera shows an establishing shot of the room. TINA is still shaken up and is sat with her knees hunched up to her chest in the same spot where CATE left her. CARL enters; a cut on his forehead. She is tearful but looks up to him.

CARL looks around the room, seeing the broken chair and the knife and then his daughter. He hurries towards her and kneels in front of her.

CARL: Tina? What happened? If that bitch?

TINA: She didn't hurt me?she just got away.

CARL: (disappointed) You let her get away?

TINA looks around the room and then back to her father.

TINA: (angrily) Well I don't exactly see you bringing home the bacon pops.

CARL stands now and walks away.

CARL: We'll get them tomorrow, we know their haunts now?how they move, how they fight. We'll get them tomorrow and make them pay for taking my boy?

TINA: (shouting) It wasn't them!

CARL turns around.

CARL: (incredulous) What?

TINA looks at her father tearfully.

TINA: Jesse's dead, but they didn't kill him. That club did?

CARL looks choked to hear this.

CARL: (quietly) How do you know?

TINA'S eyes widen.

TINA: You knew?!

CARL looks away.

TINA: I almost killed an innocent woman tonight because of you!

CARL: Now those people may not have killed your brother but they sure as hell were responsible for a lot of people's deaths.

TINA: That doesn't give you the right to go vigilante.

CARL: Police men, respectable women and young people have all died because these people are involved. Now I can't take the people who killed your brother?I wish I could, but these people will pay the price in the end?

TINA: I wanted justice for Jesse more than anyone. But not by punishing people who weren't involved based on the fact they may or may not have been guilty. So if you wanna do this, then you're doing it alone?

She looks at him in disgust and then turns and walks towards the exit of the warehouse. CARL watches her leave. One child was dead, the other had just died.

FADE TO ? NEW YORK

LANCE moves backwards from DANTE, trying to not look at him. XAK and CATE acknowledge one another's presence and begin walking towards each other. DANTE looks around suddenly?realising.

DANTE: Where's Misty?

XAK looks down.

CATE remains silent.

LANCE looks confused and so does DANTE. They both end up looking at XAK.

XAK: (quietly) I'm sorry?someone got to her.

DANTE grits his teeth and looks down, his eyes full of anger and regret.

DANTE: (seething) Was it them?

XAK: I don't think so?

DANTE stands breathing deeply through the wound on his shoulder. LANCE watches him carefully as DANTE walks towards XAK.

DANTE: If it was?

XAK: I know.

They look at one another for a moment; another reason to spurn their anger?their revenge. DANTE then moves further down through the containers, LANCE follows him. CATE who has been silent up until this point, goes to follow too. As she moves close to XAK, who hasn't moved an inch, he grabs her arm.

XAK: I thought it was you.

She stops and swallows, determined not to make eye contact.

CATE: You should know by now; I can take care of myself.

XAK: Being a Slayer doesn't make you invincible.

CATE: No, but being Cathryn Rittle gives me damn good advantages.

She takes her arm away from XAK'S grip and he turns, watching her go.

XAK: I won't let you destroy yourself any longer because of what's happened.

She turns now and looks at him.

CATE: It's not just about what's happened!

He looks confused.

XAK: Then what is it about?

CATE: You stood up for me in that lobby earlier, you stood up for all of us. But you can't even see what we're going through can you?

XAK: I know I've been distant, but my world was turned upside down Cate?

CATE: So was everyone's?

XAK: I'm not just gonna let us all fall apart.

CATE: We already have.

She turns and begins walking away again.

XAK: Then why did you come back? To here?

She stops, but doesn't turn.

CATE: I have my reasons.

He pauses and swallows, knowing that his actions might have lost him more than CATE.

XAK: I want to help you. Just let me in again?

CATE: I would...

She continues to walk off screen.

CATE: ?But trust me, you won't like what you see.

He watches her leave and breathes deeply. He looks up at the sky, staring at the night.

CUT TO ?

DANTE and LANCE are approaching the container that leads to The Kalipso Syndicate's base. DANTE is clearly in pain but is ignoring it. LANCE looks at him.

LANCE: Dante?I'm?

DANTE: Don't. Too much has been said tonight.

He moves slightly quicker, and moves ahead of LANCE around the corner to the entrance of the container.

CATE follows them off screen around the corner.

XAK breathes softly and then takes his eyes from the sky. He follows them around the corner?

CUT TO -

DANTE, LANCE and CATE all go to enter the container; DANTE and LANCE using their keycards to enter. The door opens?

XAK: Wait.

They stop and turn to XAK, even CATE.

XAK: Tonight, you three stood by me. Even when I haven't been the best decision maker, and even though, over the past month or so, I've been responsible for the deaths of someone close to each one of you.

He looks away, and they look uncomfortable.

XAK: I can't begin to thank you for sticking by me despite that. A year ago, I wouldn't have thought I'd have said this, but things don't seem to make much sense anymore; I trust you three with my life, and I'm not going to rest until Charlie is at my side again and I have avenged those who we've lost?

He looks back to them now.

XAK: I can't do this?we can. The pain ends tonight, and I dare anything to prove me otherwise.

LANCE: What about The Kalipso Syndicate?

XAK: I don't know. I hope we can come to some mutual grounds, but tonight has proved that we cannot be out in the city, it's too dangerous without proper assistance and prior knowledge.

DANTE: We have knowledge now.

XAK nods.

XAK: Yes. What Misty showed me?it could save us all.

LANCE: We need their help don't we? To find out more.

XAK: I know it will be difficult, but if you are all with me, I know we can get through being there despite personal difficulties and differences. I was wrong though, and na?ve, to think I could do this without their resources and their help?

DANTE sighs.

DANTE: (to XAK) Looks like your old gang could have their uses yet.

XAK: Looks that way.

DANTE: Come on then?everyone have their tails between their legs? No offence Cate?

She looks at him annoyed, and then barges past him to get inside the container. XAK looks at her. LANCE looks at him.

LANCE: Looks like some people could use some more convincing huh?

XAK raises his eyebrows in agreement and then together, they all move into the container.

CUT TO ? UNKNOWN
          STAIRCASE ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ ? NIGHT

CATE, followed by XAK, DANTE and LANCE all move down the staircase to the base. The only sound is the echoing of their footsteps. They move in and out of the darkness.

CUT TO ?

They arrive at the door to the base. They don't need their access cards. The door has been torn off its hinges. CATE stops and looks back at them. XAK looks worried, and so do the other two.

XAK moves past CATE and moves into the lobby.

CUT TO ? ATLANTIC OCEAN
          LOBBY ? INT.KALIPSO SYNDICATE HQ ? NIGHT

XAK'S worry twists into horror at the scene before him. The lights flickering on and off. How could he have left them. They were his friends, and once upon a time his family?but now, on this night, he was too late to save them.

XAK: Oh my god?

CUT TO BLACK

CAPTION: TO BE CONTINUED...

END OF EPISODE

Cast:
          MILO VENTIMIGLIA as XAK THORN
          ALEXIS BLEDEL as CHARLIE ADRASTOS
          AMANDA SEYFRIED as CATE RITTLE
          CHRIS EVANS as DANTE TURNPIKE
          CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY as LANCE EMORY
          JENSEN ACKLES as EA BROGAN
          EMILIE DE RAVIN as KAIA THORN
          and SUMMER GLAU as SIN

Special Guest Stars:
          JOHN SCHNEIDER as CARL REED
          MALCOLM MCDOWELL as LORD CHANCELLOR BLACK
          AMANDA NORET as DELILAH MOORE
          RYAN HANSEN as JESSE REED
          MORENA BACCARIN as SOFIA ROSE
          SELMA BLAIR as CONSTANCE KYLL
          BECKI NEWTON as ELISE ARTAIR
          BLYTHE DANNER as ELDER URSULA LAKE
          PAUL WALKER as TRAFFORD ARTAIR
          CHELAN SIMMONS as TINA REED
          JENNIFER GARNER as MISTY MEADOWS

Special Mention:
          THE KLAXONS ? ATLANTIS TO INTERZONE
          N.E.R.D ? LAPDANCE
          BIFFY CLYRO ? MACHINES
          Last edited by Lex; 30-01-11, 08:53 PM.

Comment

If you would like to give me feedback on Shadow Stalker, visit my thread here! I'm always happy to hear from you and I usually comment on the feedback as well!

TRIVIA AND RANDOM FACTS FOR "3.08 ? OUT WITH THE OLD..."

- So, kind of a big episode! Xak's gang vs The Kalipso Syndicate, Jesse's family, death of our favourite stripper, and a cliffhanger! It was a very hard to episode to write actually, with everything going on. I just really wanted an episode to show that with Charlie gone everything comes out which could ultimately destroy them as a faction or bring them closer together?or is it too late?

- So Dance progressed somewhat didn't it? Who honestly saw it coming? And what is this power Lance suddenly has? Could this be what Elise sensed?

- Cate's home brewing huh? That's gonna end well?.two more episodes and then it's a Cate centric episode where everything with Toole, her grief and the Onyx Tonic comes to a BIG climax.

- So yes, poor Misty Meadows. I did debate keeping her on but I don't think she'd actually have been able to do more than she did.

- The whole Carl/Tina/Jesse thing was a last minute decision. I was always going to use a gang like that chasing Xak but I thought it would be cool to link it to Jesse.

- Used three songs in this episode! I love all those three at the moment as I'm back at University at the moment and all those three songs seem to sum up my experience here haha!

- So 3.09 is next and we're now about halfway through Season 3! Can you believe it, because I can't! Haha. Well, this episode will document EVERYTHING that happened in the base whilst Xak, Cate, Dante and Lance were out cruising the streets. It's a big episode and will have a resolution to everything that happened in 3.08?but is that a good thing? "3.09 - ?In With The New" will be hitting your screens soon, but not too soon as I recently purchased a Xbox 360 and am obsessed!

Comment

Working...
            X