A Humble Plea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Humble Plea

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I finished a weird Spuffy fanfic and I need a beta reader for it. I really want it to be good enough to publish it on various websites so I need some concrit. It takes place in the Dark Horse/IDW comics canon but it involves Spike before he enters BTVS season 8. Spike's spaceship enters an alternate reality where he meets a Buffy from another timeline. Any takers?

Originally posted by eevol76vamp View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I finished a weird Spuffy fanfic and I need a beta reader for it. I really want it to be good enough to publish it on various websites so I need some concrit. It takes place in the Dark Horse/IDW comics canon but it involves Spike before he enters BTVS season 8. Spike's spaceship enters an alternate reality where he meets a Buffy from another timeline. Any takers?
    I like the premise of your story! Unfortunately I have no time for betaing. (I'm also not sure I'd be any good at it.) If you don't get any takers here, I suggest you try at Elysian Fields. They have a whole list of people volunteering as beta readers.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Hey,

I am not a native English speaker and therefore can't beta a story with regards to grammar, punctuation, spelling mistakes, or sentence structure. I also haven't read all the DH/IWD comics yet. I have read the Spike Omnibus and Spike: After The Fall. Also Angel: Old Friends, that also has Spike in it. I haven't read the one where he gets the space ship but I have read season 8 - season 12.

That said I would be perfectly willing to beta read your story for general impression, characterization, and plot, If you'd like me to (by the way, how long is it?). You would need at least a second beta for the English language though.

As Double Dutchess has said, there is a list of members on EF who are willing to beta. You can find the link to the beta list on the header of the main menu of EF. You will probably need to become a member to access that list if you are not already one.

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

I really hope you find a beta, because your story sounds so good I can't wait to read it.

Comment

My story is 20 pages long. Thank you for the responses. I'll get a copy to you, flow as soon as I can if you're still interested. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. My niece was having a baby.

Comment

• flow
            flow commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats on the birth of your niece! I'll send you a pm with my email address!
        Working...
        X