No announcement yet.

Future's Hope: Blind Sided (part four)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future's Hope: Blind Sided (part four)

Title: Futures Hope : Blind Sided
    Author: Firecracker
    Disclaimer: The Buffy verse and its character's do not belong to me, however Hope and Adam do.

A/N: This is a follow up story to Enter Hope, Into The Woods and Return to Chaos so it might not make any sense unless you've read them first.

Cast:

Sarah Michelle Geller : Buffy Summers
    Michelle Trachtenburg : Dawn Summers
    Eliza Dushku : Faith Lehane
    Jessica Biel : Hope/Kyra
    Iyari Limon : Kennedy
    James Marsters : Spike
    Alyson Hannigan : Willow Rosenburg
    Nicholas Brendon : Xander Harris

Guest Starring:
    Chad Michael Murray : Adam Davies.

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer…

"My watcher sent me here to help you, I'm from the future, my name is Hope."

"Wait did you just say Scythe's as in plural there's only supposed to be one?" Willow said

"Yes but that was also said to be true about slayers wasn’t it?" Hope said

"You see the Scythe that was passed on to me isn't yours Buffy it's Faith's." Hope told them.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"New slayer?" Willy asked fearing the answer, having a slayer around usually meant him getting hit.

"Something like that." Hope replied

Before Willy could say anything more there was a loud crash as the door came flying off its hinges and skidded across the floor. Spike and Hope turned their attention towards the door where six girls were now entering the bar. Each of them carrying an assortment of weapons.

"Friend's of yours?" Spike asked knowing this couldn't end well.

"I don't have any friends." Hope said dryly.

"Who did this?" Buffy asked anger welling up inside of her at how close to Spike's heart the wound was it was obvious he'd been shot with a crossbow.

"Slayers, six of them." Hope said causing the room to fall silent.

"They came in started tearing the place to pieces, killed everyone." Spike told them.

"Wait I don’t see how that's bad I mean isn't that a slayers job to kill demons?" Andrew asked clearly confused about what was so wrong with that.

"There was a man..." Hope didn't need to continue the others already knew what had happened.

Water ran from the shower head as steam began to fill the small bathroom, wearing only a towel Hope stood in front of the small mirror that was hung above the sink. Turning on her feet so that she could see her back in the mirror she slowly pulled off the bandage Willow had applied earlier, to reveal a series of tiny cuts and scrapes.

Pulling her hair to one side she stared at two large scars that ran down the top of her back.

"It's started." she said before turning away and walking towards the shower.
    ''So we're dealing with something power full enough to give these girls the extra juice, maybe even control them too?" Faith began but stopped when she heard Hope laugh.

"Control them? What make's you think they didn't do this out of their own free will? Hope asked.

"Are you sure they didn't know he was..." Faith began but stopped, not really wanting to go down that road.

"I get what you're saying Faith as long as there has been a slayer there's had to have been mistaken identities, good and evil, it all looks the same now, but there are also slayers who choose to walk that path, who choose to take lives. Spell or no spell the end result is still the same, there's still blood on their hands." Hope told Faith.
    "The mission was a success." came a man's voice from the shadows. The voice was deep and filled with power.

"We lost a girl, I would hardly call that a success." the black haired slayer replied.

"You did what I asked that's all that matters." the man said.
    "What makes you so sure the slayer and her watcher will even know where to start after our little stunt at the bar." she asked.

"Because..." the man said stepping out of the shadows.

"...Ripper and I go way back." Ethan Rayne told her with a cocky grin.
    "Why are you so stuck on this, you're not even willing to accept the possibility that they're doing this of their own free will. None of you are." Hope said raising her voice.

"You don't seem so surprised at that concept." Giles said crossing his arms.

"You didn't seem so surprised when you came back here with Spike either, pissed off sure but not really surprised." Kennedy added.

"Now Kennedy that's not what I meant I was simply..." Giles began.

"You're right." Hope told them.

"What?" Faith asked.

"I wasn't surprised...I wasn't surprise when the door flew off its hinges, I wasn't surprised when they stepped into the bar, when they killed that man in cold blood. In fact I can even tell you that they're out there right now looking for a way to draw you out." Hope told them with a small smile on her face.
    "You're one of them aren't you?" Faith said stepping forward, with clenched fists.

"As simple as that would make everything right now... sorry to disappoint you but I'm one of the good guy's." Hope said to Faith holding her hands up in mock surrender.
    Hearing the sounds of a struggle coming from the ally in front of her, she took off running towards them coming to a stop when she saw a figure slumped against the wall, as she got closer she saw that it was a man. Standing over him she saw the slack expression on his face, his eyes stared into nothingness.

"I'm sorry." she said knowing that she had been too late.

"Don't feel so bad for him, it was a quick death." came a voice from the shadows a voice that she would recognise anywhere.

"There's no such thing." Hope replied turning away from the body in time to see Ethan Rayne step out from the shadows.

"I should have known you'd have something to do with this, you haven't changed much have you Ethan?" Hope asked as he walked across to her.

"Actually you'd be surprised." he told her.

With a quick flick of his hand electricity shot out from his fingertips hitting Hope in the chest, causing her to fall to the ground in pain.
    He slowly opened the pouch and emptied the contents into his hand, two black orbs he held them just low enough for Hope to see.

"The orb's of Nezzal'khan." Hope whispered.

"Yes, and with them I will be powerful enough to kill Ripper and the girl." he told her placing them back on his belt.

"And soon-my-electro-ray-will-destroy-Metropolis… first rule of being the bad guy, Ethan, never reveal your plan to the enemy." she said shaking her head at his stupidity.

He raised his hand electricity crackling at his fingertips.

"Do we really need to go through this again?" he asked with a cocky smile.
    "The girl's, the new trick's up your sleeve, the orb's none of it matters, you're still going to fail, and believe me I should know, after all Buffy was still alive in my future, so was Giles. I know you have a heart in there somewhere too… I was there the night it was ripped from your chest, under different circumstances I might have found some satisfaction in your death.’’ she spat.

Ethan's jaw tightened as he listened to the future slayer.

"Maybe you're right but thing's change child. I have something now that I didn't have before." He said he loomed over her.

"And what's that?" she asked

"You." he said as he placed his hands on her one on her head and the other on her chest.

Within seconds black energy began to circle around them like a small tornado, his hands glowed as the same energy passed from his hands into Hope's body which convulsed on the table, his eye's turned black and an evil smile spread across his features.
    Before Buffy had time to react the younger slayer was on top of her, rapping her hands around her throat.

''Don't...'' was all Buffy said before Hope's grip tightened.

''It's nothing personal... well maybe just a little...but if it makes you feel any better you won't be the first slayer I've killed.''

''I'll just enjoy this more...'' she grinned.
    ''You wanted to know what they were... '' Hope said spinning to face them.

''They're from the future... like me.'' Hope said dropping the bombshell on them.

''You knew and you didn't say anything.'' Buffy said sounding more then a little pissed.

''I didn't know... the spell it must have connected us some how... looks like I wasn't the only one who came through the portal that night...'' Hope said.

''They we're set here to bring me back... kill me if they had to. You break the orbs, the spell will be weakened... maybe even broken..'' Hope informed them.

''But that means they'll come straight for...'' Buffy began

''Me.'' Hope finished, before she began to walk away.
    ''Think about what you're saying Hope...'' Buffy began.

''I have...'' Hope replied keeping an eye on the recovering slayer.

''They've killed people... and they'll do it again...'' Hope said angrily.

''We don't kill humans...'' Buffy said.

''Well maybe you should!!!'' Hope shouted as turning to face the blonde slayer.
    ''I might have lost the orbs, but I still have a trick or two...'' Ethan said menacingly as he strode towards Hope.

''Would you like to see?'' he asked as he picked up a nasty looking dagger from the ground.

''How do you expect to save the future, when you can't even save yourself...'' he asked.

Before Ethan could raise the knife to strike he was attacked from behind, one of the remaining slayers ran him through from behind with her sword, he stared down at the tip of the blade which had exited through his chest, before turning his attention towards Hope who lay near his feet her expression as shocked as his. The sword was quickly ripped out of him causing him to slump to the floor, his position mirroring Hope's. From where she lay she could see Ethan's attacker kneel beside one of the fallen slayers, before the girls body vanishes seconds later.
    ''We're on the same side y'know.'' she says as they walk towards a stack of creates.

''I really doubt that...'' Hope says as she is lowered to the floor so that her back is resting against them.

''Still so untrusting, you haven't changed much have you Kyra?'' the girl paused.

''Oh that's right, you use a different name here... Hope.'' she smiled at the last part.

''Gotta love that whole mystical connection...'' she said kneeling in front of Hope.

''Works both ways... Melaka.'' the girls smile quickly disappeared.
    ''She killed Ethan... after everything that you said you let her go... why?'' Buffy asked.

''She killed the bad guy, she could've killed me she didn't.'' Hope said turning to face the group.

''What aren't you telling us?'' Giles asked.

''She saved Dawn...'' she told them.

''Saved me?'' Dawn asked stepping forward.

''Nineteen years from now, all of this... everything you fought for all these years it won't matter...'' she told the group.

''Ethan came back, and he killed your sister. The world ended that night...''

''Ethan killed your sister... and my sister killed him. '' she paused.
    ''They just vanished...'' Faith said sitting opposite her.

''I know...'' Buffy answered.

''What aren't you telling me?'' Faith asked.

''Back at the warehouse when Hope...'' Buffy began.

''C'mon B, spill it.'' Faith said.

''She said that I wouldn't be the first slayer that she'd killed.'' Buffy told the rogue slayer.

The two slayers sat in silence neither of them seeing Kennedy who hid in the shadows of the dining room.
    ''What the hell do you know?'' Hope asked.

''More then you think... Mystical connection remember?'' Melaka said waving her hands above her head.

''It's one big mess but it's still there...'' she said tapping the side of her head.

''I know that you sat there, in that hole in the ground for hours.'' Melaka began, walking forwards.

''Feeling like something sick had crawled inside of you and you'd never get it out...'' she continued.

''It didn’t matter what Spike or Michael told you, that feeling wasn't going away... and it's the same now.'' she said stopping in front of Hope.
    ''Do you honestly think you can pull it off alone?'' the older slayer asked.

''I have to try...'' Hope answered.

''You know she'll try and stop you... or didn't you learn anything growing up?'' Melaka asked.

''They're going to find out eventually, who you are...'' Melaka said before Hope could reply.
    ''If you need anything, you know how to find me...'' She said before heading for the door.

''Hey Mel...'' Hope called out causing the older slayer to face her.

''Don't die.'' she said with a small smile.

''...First rule of slaying.'' she smiled, pausing at the door.

''One thing I don't get, you can tell him your real name but not them...'' Melaka said before leaving the apartment.
    ''It's Kyra...'' she said softly from the other side of the door.

''Just a second...'' he said as she heard him messing with the locks.

Standing in the doorway the light from the corridor quickly flooded into the apartment causing him to shut his eyes.

''Aghh..'' he muttered rubbing his eyes.

''Y'know normal people call and apologize if they bail on you, they don't make house calls at two am...'' he said opening his eyes.

''Hey Adam...'' she said with an awkward smile, as she took in his dishevelled appearance.

''What happened, are you alright?'' his voice flooded with concern at the sight of the numerous cuts and bruises that covered her face.

''It's just been a really long day...'' she told him.

''Can I come in?'' she asks softly.
    ''If people were gonna die, and you knew that you could stop it... would you make that choice, could you?'' she asks gently.

''Kyra I...'' he paused, not knowing how to answer.

''I did something tonight, something that I can't take back.'' she began.

''I knew it had to be done... so why do I feel this way?'' she asked.

''Because you're a good person...'' He replied softly.

''Was it something I said?'' he asked seeing the odd expression that crossed her face.

''It's nothing...'' she said shrugging it off.

''You still haven't told me where you've been all day...'' he said with a small smile.

''Adam...'' she began.

''Y'know what... get some sleep and we can talk in the morning.'' he said getting to his feet.

He handed her the blanket that had been draped over the back of the couch, before heading for his bedroom.
    Lying down on the couch she winced at the pain in her side, deciding it would be better to lay on her back she pulled the soft blanket up around her neck rapping it tightly around her. She lay still for a moment staring at the ceiling above her, Adam's words replaying in her head, she closed her eyes remembering the last person that had said them to her.
    ''I killed her Michael, I killed...'' she said scratching at the dried blood that covered her hands.

''She would have killed you Kyra...'' he began as he reached for her raw hands.

''That doesn't make it alright...'' she said her voice breaking as tears filled her eyes.

''Nothing about this place is alright...'' he said as he began to poor the contents of the flask over hands, washing away the blood.

''It was me or her I know that, so why do I have to feel this way?'' she said resting her head on his shoulder.

''Because your a good person...'' he said placing the flask back in his bag.

''It doesn't feel that way.'' she said.

Opening her eyes she buried her face into the blanket as tears rolled down her face.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Teaser

Sunnydale, 29th April 2003.

Landing hard on the ground she remained face down where she lay, she didn't know if it was the force of the fall that had knocked the wind out of her or the portal. After a moment she rolled onto her side, the blood and dirt that clung to her cloths and skin was soon joined by the salt of her tears as she dragged herself to her feet. Ignoring the searing pain of the fresh wounds on her back, she began taking in her surroundings, seeing that she was still in the forest she noticed that the gateway she had come through only moments before was no longer there, not that she expected it to be.

''Michael!!!'' she called out as she searched the small area.

''Spike!!! It worked we did it... we did...'' a tear rolls down her cheek as realization sinks in.

''Spike?'' she says as her voice begins to crackle.

She sank to her knees and began to sob, all the pain and loss finally winning over as she realized that she was alone. The sound of a branch snapping behind her caused her to freeze.

''Well look what we have here...'' came the sound of a mans voice from behind her causing sobs to stop.

''Fresh meat...'' the same voice said menacingly

''That's a nasty looking cut you got there girly... make that two.'' he said as he spotted the second slash through the back of her jacket.

What's say you let ol' Danny take a look...'' said another voice.

''If you go into the woods tonight...'' the second voice began to sing as the pair closed in.

''You're in for a big surprise...'' She muttered as she spun around, quickly knocking both vampires off their feet.

Moving fast she dragged the first vampire to his feet, before launching him into the side of a tree, where he was impaled on a loose branch before turning to dust seconds later.

The second vampire seeing this quickly got to his feet and began to back away from her, not wanting to meet the same fate as his friend he raise his hands.

''Let's say we just forget this happened and go our separate ways...'' the vampire chuckled nervously, before running for his un life.

His run was a short one as a large rock collided with the back of his head causing him to fall mid stride, before he could recover he found himself pinned to the ground by the young woman, her boot resting firmly on his chest.

''What year is this?'' she asked

''What are you crazy...'' the vamp asked panicked

''What year...'' she repeated angrily.

''2003...'' he answered.

''What are you?'' the vampire asked, shaking with fear.

''Hope...'' she said before slamming a stake through his heart.

Running as fast as her legs would carry her, she tore through the forest, loose branches wiping against her face, she came to a sharp stop as soon as she was clear of the trees, breathing heavily she slowly made her way to the top of the hill, she was well aware of the fact she wasn't in her world anymore but that didn't mean she wasn't terrified of what she would find once she reached the hilltop.

The town of Sunnydale spread out before her, street lights illuminated the roads and streets, as the quite sounds of traffic could be heard in the distance. The neon green sign of the towns cinema shon brightly against the darkness of the night sky. She remained still, as if frozen to the spot by the sight before her. The look of sorrow on her face was soon replaced by one of joy and awe.

Sunnydale, present.

The sound of a car alarm could be heard in the distance, causing Hope to jolt awake. Her body shaking as she breathed heavily where she lay on the floor, she slowly began to calm down as she took in her surroundings. Her gaze travelled across the large area, candles of all sizes had been placed in different areas around the room, illuminating cob webs that hung from walls and fixtures around a room where thick layers of dust had long since settled on the furniture. It was clear that the place had been abandoned for years. Getting to her feet she walked further into the room, the sound of broken glass could be heard as it was crushed beneath her feet as she speared a glance at the wall beside her, where the television had been. She continued to make her way to the front of the room, coming to a stop beside the bed.

In front of the large crescent shaped window she stood and took in the view, seeing the whole town of Sunnydale outstretched before her, the Sun Cinema's neon green sign shone brightly across the street. She turned her attention back to the window in front of her studying it's broken frame for a moment, before pulling a silver chain from her pocket. With a sad smile she held it up so that she could see the two rings that she had placed it through, holding onto them tightly fearing they would be lost once more.

''Still so untrusting, you haven't changed much have you Kyra.'' the girl paused.

''Oh that's right, you use a different name here... Hope.'' she smiled at the last part.

''Gotta love that whole mystical connection...'' she said kneeling in front of Hope.

''Works both ways... Melaka.'' the girls smile quickly disappeared.

Before anymore could be said there was a large crash as the front of a large truck plowed through the side of the loading bay, coming to a sharp stop before the drives door swung open to reveal Faith.

''Hey!!!'' Faith shouted at the surviving slayer who knelt in front of Hope.

''These are yours...'' Melaka said placing something into Hope's jacket pocket before running away.

Turning away from the window she studied them for a second tracing her fingers over both the rings as she always did. She turned them in her fingers so that she could see the inscription inside them. Kyra... Closing her hand around them her attention turned back to the apartment.

"Home Sweet Home..." She said quietly.

Standing on the street corner Faith remain frozen to the spot by the sight in front of her... watching as two of Sunnydale’s finest return to their vehicle. Her eyes darted left and right searching for a possible escape, willing her legs to move she quickly dove into the ally she had passed seconds earlier, staying in the shadows she pressed herself against the wall of the building. Poking her head out of the ally she watched with relief as the police car pulled away from the curb, visibly relaxing she pushed herself away from the buildings edge. She was about to step back onto the street when a noise from behind caused her to stop. Before she could turn around two large arms rapped around her waist pinning her arms to her sides. The rogue slayer grunted as she was pulled further into the ally, struggling she kicked her legs out as she tried to free herself from her attackers strong grip.

''You picked the wrong girl chump...'' she muttered before bringing her head back into her captures face.

Howling in pain the demon released the slayer before stumbling into the wall behind him. Back on her feet Faith acted quickly, turning to see just who, or make that what had dragged her into the ally. Marching towards the fallen demon she began her attack on the creature hitting him again and again without a moments pause, clearly having had enough the demon caught the rogue slayers fist in the palm of his hand before the girl could strike again, grabbing the front of her jacket he sent her flying into the opposite wall using all his strength.

Colliding head first with the wall Faith slumped to the ground, where she remain still for a moment before raising her head to see the demon towering over her as she struggled to get to her feet.

''Dude you're fugly...'' she said catching a glimpse of the demons twisted features.

The demon grinned wickedly at the fallen slayers comment, revealing two rows of sharp pointed teeth before dragging the rogue slayer to her feet.

''What's so funny?'' she asked before punching the creature square in the nose.

''You'll see...'' he sniggered before diving towards her.
    Last edited by Firecracker; 19-03-08, 05:43 PM.
    Find me at facebook - tumblr - twitter - livejournal

Chapter One.

It wasn't long before Hope found herself on the main streets of Sunnydale, which were crowded for that time of night she noted from where she stood alone on the street corner, walking towards the buildings edge she leant against the side, her back pressed against the cold stone of the shop front. People came and went going about their everyday lives, not a care in the world, and for a second she wished she was one of them. She watched as a young brown haired girl crossed the street holding her parents hands, a sad smile crept on to her face as she watched the three of them. Her attention turned to the shop on the opposite side of the street. The paintwork on the window frames was different the sign too she notice but it was clear to see it was the same shop. Taking one last look at the shop, she made her way across the street coming to a stop in front of another familiar shop. It's blue sign ran the full length of the shop front, with the words Magic Box placed in the centre. Stepping forward she looked through the gaps in the shutters trying to see inside.

''Does it ever open again?'' Asked a familiar voice, causing her to turn around.

''For a little while...'' Hope said with a small smile as she turned to face Xander.

''It hasn't changed, it looks just like I remember it... " she paused for a second looking at the surrounding buildings.

''It's all the same...'' she told him.

"Maybe on the outside." Xander said sadly as he looked at the abandoned building in front of him.

''You grew up in Sunnydale?" Xander asked.

''What makes you think that?'' Hope asked.

''Well for starters there's the part where we’re discussing the very street we're standing on and secondly you seem to know your way around town pretty well.'' He smirked

''Doesn't mean I grew up here...'' she said returning his smirk.

There was a moment of awkward silence before Xander spoke.

''So it's been three weeks, you don't call... you don't write, you...'' Xander began.

''...Know when I'm not welcome... besides I've been busy...'' she said cutting him off.

''So I've heard... all week... could you try and save at least one vamp for Faith... please?'' he said with a desperate smile.

''I can't help it if I keep finding all the nests first.'' Hope said trying her best to sound sincere.

''See now I know that's a lie... but seriously she dropped by my apartment the other night I think she was ready to start climbing the walls.'' Xander smiled.

''You and Faith...'' Hope teased.

''It's not what you think...'' Xander chuckled awkwardly before changing the subject.

"Y' know it's pretty dangerous walking around this town by yourself after sunset, want some company?" he asked only half serious.

Hope's only reply was a look that said "Are you kidding me?"

"Okay I know that you are more then capable of taking care of yourself and all but... come on I'll buy you a cup of coffee." he said pointing to the espresso pump across the street.

"Well when you put it that way..." she said with a smile as he lead the way.

They hadn't been queuing long for their drinks, stepping back onto the street Hope and Xander walked side by side down the sidewalk.

''Thanks for the coffee.'' Hope said before taking a small sip from the Styrofoam cup in her hand.

''No problem.'' Xander said with a small smile.

''So how long are the others out of town?'' she asked him.

''Just a few days while they help Giles locate some of his old watcher buddies.'' Xander said before coming to a sharp stop.

''Wait a second... how did you know the others were out of town?'' he asked.

''I lurk.'' she said before drinking some more of her coffee.

''Right... so you disappear for three weeks, without saying goodbye and then you spy on us.'' he said as they began to walk once more.

'I said goodbye...'' she informed him.

''Yeah, to Faith... what about the rest of us?'' he asked.

''I just thought I'd give you guys your space... I needed some space...'' she admitted.

''Really… cause to the casual observer it would appear that you were avoiding something or someone, Buffy was worried y'know.'' he told the future slayer.

''We all were...'' he added.

''Even Kennedy?'' Hope said with a small smile that disappeared once she saw that Xander was being serious.

''What was I suppose to do, stay there after what happened, you all made it perfectly clear how you felt...'' Hope began

''Not all of us...'' Xander said cutting her off.

''So that's what this is about, you getting to say your piece...'' Hope paused seeing that Xander wasn't even paying attention.

''…or you could just ignore everything I'm saying...'' she said with a confused expression.

''You know that guy?'' Xander asked as a tall blonde haired man walked past them, smiling at the future slayer as he did.

''Nope.'' Hope replied.

As they continued down the street Hope spared a glance over her shoulder at the young man as he walked away.

As they walked by an ally the sound of a trashcan colliding with a wall rang out behind them. Quickly turning around they doubled back towards the ally.

''Do me a favour and hold this...'' Hope said handing Xander her coffee, before heading further down the ally.

Running down the ally Hope froze in her tracks at the sight in front of her. A large demon holding Faith so that her feet were barley touching the floor with his hands firmly placed to each side of her head as a glowing blue mist drained from the rogue slayers unconscious form.

''Get away from her!!!'' the future slayer screamed at the demon before charging at him.

She slammed into the demon hard enough to separate him from Faith causing all three of them to crash to the ground, ignoring the demon for the moment Hope scrambled to her feet reaching Faith's side at the same time as Xander who fell to his knees beside her, quickly searching for a pulse.

''Thank god...'' he said with relief.

''Don't thank him just yet...'' before Hope could finish she was dragged backwards.

Landing hard on the ground she looked up in time to see the demons very large fist about to connect with her face, moving fast she swung her leg out sweeping the demons legs from beneath him.

''Get her out of here!!!'' She called out to Xander who was already lifting Faith from the ground.

As soon as he was on the ground Hope began to pummel the demon her fists hammering into him over and over only stopping only to pull a knife from her belt. Raising the blade she quickly brought it down towards the demons chest only to have him grab her wrist before the blade could make contact. Before Hope could react the demon placed his free had against the side of her head grinning wildly, her eyes widened as they met the demons which were now glowing blue, it was only for a moment but that's all the demon needed as blue mist began to flow from Hope's body and into his own. She remain frozen to the spot her grip on the blade loosened causing it to fall from her hand as her eyes began to drift close.

''Hey!!!'' she heard Xander voice.

The demon clearly startled by this little outburst turned his head in time to have the contents of Xander's cup frown into his face. He immediately released his grip on the future slayer and cradled his burnt face with his hands before running further into the ally and away from the group.

Xander quickly knelt beside the future slayer who was gripping the sides of her head in pain.

''Hope, are you alright? he said.

''Yeah... where is he?'' she asked raising her head.

''Running away like we need to be...'' he said turning his head in the direction the demon had gone.

''Faith?'' she asked getting to her feet.

''She's out...'' he said as he walked back towards the unconscious slayer.

''We need to get out of here it isn't safe.'' Hope said quickly scanning the ally.

''Agreed.'' Xander said before lifting Faith from the ground.

''We can go to my place it's close by.'' he said leading the way.
    Last edited by Firecracker; 19-03-08, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Chapter Two:

Xander stood in the narrow hallway outside his apartment, holding Faith in his arms while Hope fiddled with his keys.

''It's the small gold one, do you have it?'' He asked for the second time in the space of three minutes.

''It's one key Hope, how hard can it be to find...'' he said.

''You want me to find it, or do you want me to kick the door down.'' she said getting frustrated.

''Maybe if you didn't have a hundred keys on this thing.'' Hope said as she finally found the right one.

Pushing the door open she moved aside allowing Xander to pass with Faith before following him inside.

''I'll put her in my room.'' he called back to her over his shoulder.

Stepping inside Hope locked the door behind her and quickly made her way across the apartment to the large windows, parting the blinds with her fingers she searched the street below before heading towards the door which lead to the balcony, checking it was locked she glanced outside once more before closing the blinds. She turned it time to see Xander appear in the door way of his bedroom.

''This place has too many windows, y'know that?'' Hope said walking over to him.

''You think we were followed?'' he asked.

''Never hurts to be too careful, the demon might wanna finish the job it started.'' She told him as she walked over.

He turned back towards his bedroom, walking over to the nightstand he switched on a small lamp which illuminated the room.

''What the hell was that Hope?'' He asked as he watched Faith's unmoving form.

''I don't know... I've never seen that demon before.'' she paused for a moment placing her hand against the side of her head.

''I couldn't move, I could feel demons hands on the side of my head. '' she told him.

''Is she gonna be alright.'' he asked, concern flooding his voice.

''I don't know... until she wakes up...'' Hope said feeling helpless.

''Maybe we should have gone to the hospital.'' The future slayer suggested.

''No Hospitals.'' He replied a little too quickly.

''Hospital's suck, I get it but if Faith...'' Hope doesn't finish.

''...Wakes up and finds out we took her to a hospital, she'll be pissed.'' Xander added.

''It's your call...'' Hope said taking a seat on the arm of Xander's couch.

Xander let out a relieved sigh, taking Faith to the hospital... they might as well hand her over to the cops while they were at it.

''So what's the plan, we sit here and wait for her to wake up...'' Hope asked rubbing the sides of her head.

''You okay?'' Xander asked taking a step towards her.

''Yeah just a headache...'' she told him.

''You want some aspirin?'' he asked.

''No I'm good...'' she said leaning forward, so that she could see into Xander's bedroom.

''In the future Faith was alive and healthy...'' Hope said aloud, trying to reassure herself as well as Xander.

''Yeah, but the future can be changed, isn't that why you're here?'' he asked.

''Yeah... you caught on to that one did you?'' Hope asked with a small smile.

''What can I say I'm a fast learner.'' he joked.

''Well who's to say that the Faith from my time wasn't lying in this same spot years earlier...'' she said, again trying to reassure herself.

''You care about her don't you?'' Hope asked seeing the concerned look on his face.

''You two used to date?'' she asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

''What?'' Xander asked the question catching him off guard for a moment.

''You... Faith?'' Hope asked.

''Faith and dating...'' he replied with a small chuckle, as he took a seat on the couch.

''What's so funny about that?'' Hope asked turning around to face him.

''Nothing... it's just that those two words should never be used in the same sentence...'' he said.

''But you like her.'' Hope said.

''I do.'' Xander said surprising both Hope and himself.

''Then what's the big deal, tell her.'' Hope said with a small smile, which disappeared when she saw Xander's expression.

''Anya...'' she said, lowering her head.

''It just feel's too soon y'know.'' he told her.

''It won't matter if it's a year from now or ten. It's always gonna feel too soon.'' she began.

''Anya wouldn't want you to be alone. You wouldn't be betraying her Xander.'' Hope told him.

Xander remain silent for a moment letting Hope's words sink in.

''Yeah I guess you're right.'' he told her.

''When did you become so wise?'' He said turning his head so that he could face her.

''Hey, I work long and hard to come up with this stuff.'' she joked.

Sitting forward Xander sighed as he ran his hands through his hair.

''So what happens now...'' Xander stopped suddenly jumping off the couch.

''Whoa...'' he said staring at Hope.

''Xander, what...'' She began.

''Your eyes, they're glowing...'' he said.

''Glowing, what...'' she began as Xander led her across the apartment.

''Okay, so that's new...'' Hope said staring at her reflection in disbelief at her eyes which were now neon blue.

''This ever happened before?'' Xander asked, his expression matching the Future Slayers.

''Yeah there was this one time...'' she began sarcasm filling her voice.

''What do you think!!!'' she said turning back to the mirror.

''Maybe it's something the demon did...'' Xander began.

''We should call the others...'' he said making his way to the phone.

''So they can do what, they're miles away...'' she said causing him to stop.

''Alright I see your point. But that still doesn't help us.'' he said.

''Didn't Giles bring a bunch of books with him?'' Hope asked.

''Yeah, they're still over at Buffy's.'' He replied.

''Can you get inside?'' she asked.

''Yeah... I have a key.'' Xander said.

''Good, that means I don't have to break in...'' she joked.

''Wait, you're not going anywhere...Not with those eyes anyway.'' he said firmly.

''I can get the books and be back here in half an hour...'' his voice remaining firm.

''Okay, you get the books and I'll watch Faith.'' Hope said.

Nodding his head Xander made it to the door when Hope called out to him.

''Xander.... be careful out there.'' She told him.
      Last edited by Firecracker; 19-03-08, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X