Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redtent
    replied
    I just finished i will follow you into the dark. It's perfect, it's all I can say.

Leave a comment:

• Double Dutchess
    commented on 's reply
    Very much agreed about SummerFrost! Prisoners of Love, Blue Skies Above is also very enjoyable.

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I'm the same. I have copies of 100s of stories that I've taken to read and definitely add them quicker than I read them.

• flow
    commented on 's reply
    My list of ones to read has about 100 fics ...

• GoSpuffy
    replied
    I also read the new SummerFrost in one sitting. SummerFrost is just genius as a spuffy writer. I am now 2 chapters into Prisoners of Love, blue skies above by Bewildered. Highly recommend!

Leave a comment:

• GoSpuffy
    commented on 's reply
    How can I resist a review like this ?

• Double Dutchess
    replied
    Originally posted by flow View Post
    SummerFrost has published yet another Spuffy fanfic. This one is set in heaven:

i will follow you into the dark - SummerFrost - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

flow
    I read this in one go on Sunday, The ultimate comfort fic! (At least the first half.) Loved it.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by flow View Post
    SummerFrost has published yet another Spuffy fanfic. This one is set in heaven:

i will follow you into the dark - SummerFrost - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]
    That's certainly an interesting setting. I'll add it to my list of ones to read.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I can see that pov, the limitation unsouled lessens the ability to feel the impact of the soul. But I think he'd feel changed, not noticing just suggests less difference to me. I appreciate some distinctions were shown.

• flow
    replied
    Stoney
    He felt the loss of the soul but the meaning of it and the difference felt reduced. Or at least that's how I remember it.
    Yes, that was in there but I felt the writer put that in deliberately to show the difference between souled Spike and soulless Spike. He couldn't feel the meaning and the difference the soul made because he didn't have it. I actually thought the difference between his soulless self and his ensouled self was also shown in other details such as him thinking about killing Vi. I thought it was written very cleverly.

But let's move on to more Spuffy fanfic recommendations. SummerFrost has published yet another Spuffy fanfic. This one is set in heaven:

flow

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    flow I read it five years ago but felt
    Spoiler:
    it played him as too much the same with/without the soul. Like he wouldn't know instantly that he'd lost it, which really bothered me. I also felt there was a hint at him having regretted getting it, even if he did want it back, it was in great part because it had been taken off him. He felt the loss of the soul but the meaning of it and the difference felt reduced. Or at least that's how I remember it.

kimothyschma had recommended it to me, she really liked it too. And as I said I did like the voicing and I thought the basic idea of what had happened to Spike was a really interesting one. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it, I just didn't like it as much as you and Pricey (and kimothyschma) seem to.

Leave a comment:

• flow
    commented on 's reply
    I'm surprised you did not enjoy this fic, Stoney. I thought it was a very realistic picture of
    Spoiler:
    soulless
    Spike.

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Just wanting to make sure you hadn't missed it. Sequels can sometimes go unnoticed.

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    I have Stoney and I really enjoyed it too

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I was less enamoured with this fic, but I did think the voicing was good. Have you both read the sequel Present and Unaccounted For?

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Seconded. This is a great fic I'd also recommed.

• flow
    replied
    I want to recommend Collateralö Damage by cindergal on AO3. It was originally published in 2006 and is set post Chosen. Buffy has dragged Spike out of the Hellmouth before he burnt to ashes and now there are interesting plot twists that I can't really reveal because that would be spoiler-y.

Everyone should read this, it is really a fantastic fic with great characterization, even for Angel.

Collateral Damage - cindergal - Buffy the Vampire Slayer [Archive of Our Own]

flow

Leave a comment:

• flow
    replied
    A new fic by SummerFrost!

This is a sequel to wouldn't it be nice? and it's called where my heart was made (my feet will always land)

where my heart was made (my feet will always land) - SummerFrost - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

This story is set in season 5 and Spike and Buffy are now in an extremely happy and established relationship. I don't remember having ever read a Spuffy story where Buffy is so deeply in love with Spike. Usually, she has a lot of reservations about his soulless state.
    Nevertheless, this is season 5. It's not an AU. The first half of the story is about Buffy dealing with Joyce's death. If you ever lost a loved one, be aware that this story might bring back some raw emotions. I for my part cried like a baby.

ETA: And yet another one: heaven, make me an offer by SummerFrost (Part 3 of the wouldn't it be nice? series)

heaven, make me an offer - SummerFrost - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]
    The third part of the series covers season 6 and deals with Buffy's trauma after the resurrection. The depiction of her trauma and depression is so brutally realistic. if you think reading about those issues might trigger you, be aware. Buffy does have support and will finally heal but it is a long way to go.

flow
    Last edited by flow; 15-08-21, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GoSpuffy
    commented on 's reply
    OMG a baby and a charmed cross over? Squee!!!

• redtent
    replied
    I just finished But Baby by Dusty. If you're up for some fluffy domestic Spuffy I really recommend you read it. I haven't read many baby fics so far, but this one is soooo good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X