No announcement yet.

New Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have recently read interesting fanfic. It's Detour by Kindred and it's available on Nocturnal Light. The premise is quite unusual. Spike and Buffy are in an established relationship post Chosen when suddenly Drusilla turns up, captures Spike, and destroys all of his memories from the day they both arrived in Sunnydale on.

Detour by Kindred | Nocturnal Light (nocturnal-light.net)

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll add it to my 'to read' list. It's quite a long list

• redtent
      redtent commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds interesting.

• Another rec - this is a debut fic for the writer at least on Elysian Fields and AO3 and it is one of the best fics I have ever read.

It is about loss, grief, and healing. It broke my heart and made me cry. But it does so in the most beautiful way.

to walk on your knees, repenting by fallrain on Elysian Fields

to walk on your knees, repenting by fallrain (dark-solace.org)
    to walk on your knees, repenting. - Chapter 1 - fallofrain - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

flow
    Last edited by flow; 24-07-21, 10:17 PM.

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      Does Dawn die and never come back?

• flow
      flow commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it is incredibly sad but in a good way.

• GoSpuffy
      GoSpuffy commented
      Editing a comment
      Read it! Loved it!

• Didn't we talk recently about why all those fanfics with the long titles all in lower case are usually and mysteriously so very well written? Well, I have another example, or five if you will.

my blood tastes like laughter by chasingfiction is a five-stories and 65k words series on a03. The stories aren't really connected except that they all focus on Spike and his desire to belong and that they all are missing scenes.

i won't be shamed by you

is a comic fic and basically just about the Scoobies watching telly together somewhere. It is set in those happy times when Spike and Buffy were in an established relationship.

in

post script (don’t you miss me?)

we see Spike writing postcards to his cousin (you remember? The one who has such bloody tragic taste in men that she married a Frovlayx demon) through the decades.

operator, put me through to 1630 revello

has Angel trying to call either Buffy or Willow or Giles through seasons 5-7 and always ending up with Spike on the line. Spike loves it. Of course he does.

do you wanna break bread with me?

has missing scenes from the summer before season 6 as well as season 6 while Dawn is in a romantic (though not sexual) relationship with her friend Janice.

am i a stranger to you?

is the last one in the series and I haven't finished reading it yet but the series is so awesome so far that I couldn't wait and had to recommend it here.

my blood tastes like laughter - chasingfictions - Angel: the Series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Comics 1998), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV), The Bachelor RPF [Archive of Our Own]

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• Originally posted by flow View Post
      Didn't we talk recently about why all those fanfics with the long titles all in lower case are usually and mysteriously so very well written? Well, I have another example, or five if you will.

my blood tastes like laughter by chasingfiction is a five-stories and 65k words series on a03. The stories aren't really connected except that they all focus on Spike and his desire to belong and that they all are missing scenes.

i won't be shamed by you

is a comic fic and basically just about the Scoobies watching telly together somewhere. It is set in those happy times when Spike and Buffy were in an established relationship.

in

post script (don’t you miss me?)

we see Spike writing postcards to his cousin (you remember? The one who has such bloody tragic taste in men that she married a Frovlayx demon) through the decades.

operator, put me through to 1630 revello

has Angel trying to call either Buffy or Willow or Giles through seasons 5-7 and always ending up with Spike on the line. Spike loves it. Of course he does.

do you wanna break bread with me?

has missing scenes from the summer before season 6 as well as season 6 while Dawn is in a romantic (though not sexual) relationship with her friend Janice.

am i a stranger to you?

is the last one in the series and I haven't finished reading it yet but the series is so awesome so far that I couldn't wait and had to recommend it here.

my blood tastes like laughter - chasingfictions - Angel: the Series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Comics 1998), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV), The Bachelor RPF [Archive of Our Own]
      I support these recommendations 100%! Btw I also recommend chasingfictions' Tara pre-Sunnydale fic we don't make it out of this house alive. Read it even if you're not specifically a Tara fan (like me). It's just really good and it made me appreciate Tara so much more.
      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• I just finished But Baby by Dusty. If you're up for some fluffy domestic Spuffy I really recommend you read it. I haven't read many baby fics so far, but this one is soooo good.

Comment

• GoSpuffy
          GoSpuffy commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG a baby and a charmed cross over? Squee!!!

• A new fic by SummerFrost!

This is a sequel to wouldn't it be nice? and it's called where my heart was made (my feet will always land)

where my heart was made (my feet will always land) - SummerFrost - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

This story is set in season 5 and Spike and Buffy are now in an extremely happy and established relationship. I don't remember having ever read a Spuffy story where Buffy is so deeply in love with Spike. Usually, she has a lot of reservations about his soulless state.
        Nevertheless, this is season 5. It's not an AU. The first half of the story is about Buffy dealing with Joyce's death. If you ever lost a loved one, be aware that this story might bring back some raw emotions. I for my part cried like a baby.

ETA: And yet another one: heaven, make me an offer by SummerFrost (Part 3 of the wouldn't it be nice? series)

heaven, make me an offer - SummerFrost - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]
        The third part of the series covers season 6 and deals with Buffy's trauma after the resurrection. The depiction of her trauma and depression is so brutally realistic. if you think reading about those issues might trigger you, be aware. Buffy does have support and will finally heal but it is a long way to go.

flow
        Last edited by flow; 15-08-21, 07:19 PM.

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• I want to recommend Collateralö Damage by cindergal on AO3. It was originally published in 2006 and is set post Chosen. Buffy has dragged Spike out of the Hellmouth before he burnt to ashes and now there are interesting plot twists that I can't really reveal because that would be spoiler-y.

Everyone should read this, it is really a fantastic fic with great characterization, even for Angel.

Collateral Damage - cindergal - Buffy the Vampire Slayer [Archive of Our Own]

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• Priceless
            Priceless commented
            Editing a comment
            I have Stoney and I really enjoyed it too

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            Just wanting to make sure you hadn't missed it. Sequels can sometimes go unnoticed.

• flow
            flow commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm surprised you did not enjoy this fic, Stoney. I thought it was a very realistic picture of
            Spoiler:
            soulless
            Spike.

• flow I read it five years ago but felt
          Spoiler:
          it played him as too much the same with/without the soul. Like he wouldn't know instantly that he'd lost it, which really bothered me. I also felt there was a hint at him having regretted getting it, even if he did want it back, it was in great part because it had been taken off him. He felt the loss of the soul but the meaning of it and the difference felt reduced. Or at least that's how I remember it.

kimothyschma had recommended it to me, she really liked it too. And as I said I did like the voicing and I thought the basic idea of what had happened to Spike was a really interesting one. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it, I just didn't like it as much as you and Pricey (and kimothyschma) seem to.

Comment

Working...
          X