No announcement yet.

New Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I usually find all my fics on EF. They have this recent fics feature. Every fic that has been published shows up in the recent fics list for a while. When I wake up and have had my first cup of coffee I look at the recent fic list, put stories that intrigue me on my bookshelf for later reading, and start my daily routine.

The next recommendation isn't from EF though. It was very recently published on AO3. Someone must have recommended it to me because otherwise, I wouldn't have found it. It's not very long with almost 20k words and it starts at the end of season 5. When Buffy and Spike steal the Winnebago they have sex in it (before they pick up the Scoobs) and this is a pattern that repeats itself before the apocalypses in season 6, season 7 and finally in Scotland post Chosen. I really love the prose in this story. The story is called

if the world was ending (you'd come over, right?)

and it's been written by SummerFrost

if the world was ending (you'd come over, right?) - SummerFrost - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

flow

Comment

• GoSpuffy
      GoSpuffy commented
      Editing a comment
      I love EF!!

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      Just read this fic and loved it! Thank you for the recommendation.

• American Aurora
      American Aurora commented
      Editing a comment
      Great little fic!

• So, I was trying to rid myself of an awful sinus headache (they just come and go) and was lying in bed re-reading The Turn of the Screw. After finishing, I felt like something lighter and so I hopped over to EF to see what was new.

I was happy to see a new story by Holly called Almost Paradise and dove in, especially after reading her warning that it was a ‘dark’ fic. Well, after Henry James, I felt like a dark companion piece was in order.

It’s not as dark as I thought - but holy moly, I’m really loving this fic! I’m a total sucker for alternate universe “Where the hell am I and what have I done?” fics. Buffy’s caught in an It’s a Wonderful Life situation and this one is deeply satisfying and interesting so far.

Here’s the summary: When presented with the opportunity to magically alter the world she lives in, Buffy knows there are a lot of very good reasons why she shouldn't seize it, but figures things can't get worse. She's wrong.

Takes place in S6 Life Serial, so before all the you-know-what of Buffy and Willow.

flow, have you read it yet? I know it’s not finished, but I think it would be a great fic to add to our list. Maybe even while it’s still ongoing?
    Last edited by American Aurora; 27-03-21, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• I'd like to recommend World Enough, and Time by tooldforthis on AO3. It's quite an ethereal read, about an immortal Buffy and Spike, beautifully written and very engaging. It's her first fanfic, and I think for a first fic it's amazing.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/29...87770#workskin

Comment

• Ripples On A Hellmouth by stuffandnonsense is in my top ten list of my all-time Spuffy fanfics and I have recommended it on our old Spuffy Fanfic recommendation thread.

Stuffandnonsense has written a companion piece to Ripples on a Hellmouth called Nothing is finished. It is not so much a sequel because we are talking not only about time traveling but also about dimension-hopping with endless possibilities for different versions of Spike (or Buffy).

In this story, a Spike from a different dimension who has met time-and-dimension-travelling Buffy comes to Buffy's original dimension (in which she lives happily ever after with her own Spike).

Don't expect any threesomes or smut at all. This is not what is happening in this story. I also would recommend reading Ripples on a Hellmouth first. Stuffandnonsense writes in a league of her own. Both stories are amazing and brilliant.

Nothing Is Finished - Chapter 5 - stuffandnonsense - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]
        Ripples on a Hellmouth - Chapter 1 - stuffandnonsense - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

flow

Comment

• Double Dutchess
          Double Dutchess commented
          Editing a comment
          I strongly support these recs!

• Priceless
          Priceless commented
          Editing a comment
          Ripples is great, so good I'm going to re-read it
      Working...
      X