• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Josh
    prog purtian nutjob
    • Feb 2008

Been a long time!

Hey guys,

How are you doing? I've been away to focus on other aspects of my life... Sometimes I just can't seem to find space in my life for fanart and this place even though I still come around to it everytime.

I've been looking through the art thread and noticed it has been kind of quiet and was wondering if there is anything we can do collectively to put some life into it. I really miss doing this with you guys and I'm afraid that everytime I take time away my ability to be creative dies a little.

What do you guys think?

Josh.
    Tumblr
  • Nina
    and her haircut.
    • Nov 2007

Hey Josh,

Nice to see you here again! We're certainly struggling, but I don't think we can do anything about it. People are busy and only a few of us are left. Still, by having some challenges we still keep it going. Currently there is an Ats challenge and one that is all about the pen tool.

Comment

• GoSpuffy
      Slayer
      • Dec 2017

Some of us have no talent but we enjoy looking at what the rest of you create.

"I like who I am when I'm with him. I like who we are together."

Comment

• Stoney
        Well Spiked
        • Aug 2011

I think the numbers actively arting here just reduces the amount of activity we can generate. I'm pleased that we are trying to keep at least one current challenge going to try to help inspire some pieces, but without a serious increase in numbers producing them and generating activity I think what we can do is somewhat limited. It's good to see you back again.

Comment

• Josh
          prog purtian nutjob
          • Feb 2008

I feel like I misspoke and came off offensive. I love and appreciate every piece of art that gets a stage on this platform and there is an effort being made here to keep on the community within the Buffyforums even if it's in a smaller scope than before.

I was just feeling nostalgic for way back (6-7 years ago, even more) when the quantity of artist, new and veteran was astonishing. That yielded inspiration in spades for everyone that was a part of that movement. So when I posted that it was about maybe bringing up ways to attract more people here.

So I apologize if I made anyone feel like they weren't doing enough/ are not good enough compared to, etc.

Much love!
          Tumblr

Comment

• Stoney
            Well Spiked
            • Aug 2011

Oh I didn't take it that way at all. It's good to hear someone interested and wishing for more activity with enthusiasm and an appreciation for the community that has been and could be increased here again. And it is quiet and it would be great if we got more foot traffic and more participants. We've tried running more challenges and getting a Tumblr presence but neither have in themselves drawn in greater numbers. The new technical challenge that gives the option of discussion during is a nice new variation I think as it helps to emphasise and increase the sense of community within the section. But we still need people to find us here and want to join in at the end of the day. The Sunnydale Herald posts some of the new threads that feature here, including the fanart I think. But without a RSS setting being switched on by an administrator (I'm not technical so I don't really understand these things and what it does), activity doesn't get fed through as easily so benefiting from that opportunity is probably somewhat limited too.

Comment

• Brendan
              Cup Of Tea
              • Oct 2009

Hello Josh! it's nice to have you here!

I'm the opposite I do too much fan art that's why I feel I'm being sluggish because I got dotted projects all over the place.

You see I only do fan art in the night like people who read before bed I do fan art. So I got a feeling that the time I spend on fan art is not enough to finish all these concepts I have in my head.

But it's nice to have you here.

Comment

• Josh
                prog purtian nutjob
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                Oh I didn't take it that way at all. It's good to hear someone interested and wishing for more activity with enthusiasm and an appreciation for the community that has been and could be increased here again. And it is quiet and it would be great if we got more foot traffic and more participants. We've tried running more challenges and getting a Tumblr presence but neither have in themselves drawn in greater numbers. The new technical challenge that gives the option of discussion during is a nice new variation I think as it helps to emphasise and increase the sense of community within the section. But we still need people to find us here and want to join in at the end of the day. The Sunnydale Herald posts some of the new threads that feature here, including the fanart I think. But without a RSS setting being switched on by an administrator (I'm not technical so I don't really understand these things and what it does), activity doesn't get fed through as easily so benefiting from that opportunity is probably somewhat limited too.
                Yeah, I get the situation and the difficulty in getting more people here. I hope somehow it happens.

Originally posted by buffylover View Post
                Hello Josh! it's nice to have you here!

I'm the opposite I do too much fan art that's why I feel I'm being sluggish because I got dotted projects all over the place.

You see I only do fan art in the night like people who read before bed I do fan art. So I got a feeling that the time I spend on fan art is not enough to finish all these concepts I have in my head.

But it's nice to have you here.
                Night time is when I get around doing fan art as well and my sleeping hours suffer terribly for it but lately I've had trouble falling asleep anyway so if I don't get around to bed by 4 am at least I have something to show for it!

Hope to see ya'll around, making things.
                Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                X