X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoney
    Well Spiked
    • Aug 2011

I have opened the thread, but please say if you think any parts of the rules/explanation need editing. I wasn't sure if we should have a date included that is towards the end of the challenge for people to post final pieces from, just so that they aren't mixed up amongst questions, tutorial links, general discussion etc. But I thought that could in fact reduce points of discussion and feedback that could help develop/assist others too so left it as is. Please do say if you want anything amended.

Comment

• Brendan
      Cup Of Tea
      • Oct 2009

I think it's brilliant! Thank you!

Comment

• Brendan
        Cup Of Tea
        • Oct 2009

I remember doing a Buffy 20th anniversary challenge, how about we do one for Angel? I don't mind if everyone is busy, this was more of a suggestion.

Comment

• Stoney
          Well Spiked
          • Aug 2011

My time is always sketchy and my speed painfully slow, but I'd like to try and join in with an Angel anniversary challenge for sure.

Comment

• Nina
            and her haircut.
            • Nov 2007

I'll certainly try to make something. ^^

Comment

• Double Dutchess
              Slayer
              • Mar 2011

Actually I'd like to make a vid for the 20 year anniversary; I already know exactly which one. But seeing as they take looooooooong to make (proper ones anyway) I probably won't make it before the end of the year... If I even manage to get started on it. Maybe I need to channel that inspiration elsewhere.
              https://youtube.com/@DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Priceless
                Slayer
                • May 2017

I've discovered the Watercolour brushes on Photoshop and now I can't stop using them, which must be evident from the two pieces I posted today My hatred of photoshop has been downgraded to a general sense of dislike

Comment

• Josh
                  prog purtian nutjob
                  • Feb 2008

So late last year I switched computers and bought a MacBook Pro.

I couldn't help but notice that my work doesn't come out the way it seemed on PS and when I save it in PNG or JPEG format it comes out a bit pixelated and even a bit blurred, which is very frustrating.

Today I finished something I've been working on and posted it on Tumblr. Imagine my surprise that even the text looked pixelated.

After a bit of research, I found out that you have to multiply your document by two and work on that. When you're done, you have to reduce it by 50% to get the quality and dimensions you initially wanted.

It has something to do with the Retina Display.

This is veryyyyyy annoying since I've been posting a lot of art lately and all of it looks crappier than how it looks on PS when I work on it.

Just sharing my frustration.
                  Tumblr

Comment

• Stoney
                    Well Spiked
                    • Aug 2011

This isn't something I've ever noticed and I have the same mac. But I tend to still create documents that are 300 pixels per inch from working with print publications so perhaps that allows for this. I know it creates files far bigger than I need to for the web, I just can't seem to get myself out of the mindset.

Comment

• Josh
                      prog purtian nutjob
                      • Feb 2008

If you work with big dimensions and resize it then I think that's where you're doing it right and not getting the result I get. Ultimately, if I work on a 350X150 document, it appears as half the size for some reason and when I save it, it resizes to the original dimensions intended but with the loss of image quality. Much like resizing a small photo by x2 of its dimensions.

You live, you learn I guess.
                      Tumblr

Comment

• Brendan
                        Cup Of Tea
                        • Oct 2009

Any ideas for the next technique challenge?

I have some ideas...

Comment

• Stoney
                          Well Spiked
                          • Aug 2011

I'd love to hear your ideas buffylover.

Comment

• Priceless
                            Slayer
                            • May 2017

Ditto Stoney, I'd love to hear your ideas Buffylover

Comment

• Brendan
                              Cup Of Tea
                              • Oct 2009

How about we could do a technique challenge based on blending images and the blend modes?

I was looking at Jenni Lou website just recently and I just found out that she has two tutorials based on the basic of blending. {here} and {here} << I'm mostly interested in this one because I always wanted to do a wallpaper like that with lots of images, making a scene and blending the images without using the pen tool, and maybe we could search some more tutorials of the technique of "blending".

That is one idea and the second is maybe a technique based on adjustments of the colouring.

Comment

• Priceless
                                Slayer
                                • May 2017

That is a great idea Buffylover. I'd love to learn how to blend like that, using lots of images. Count me in

Comment

• Stoney
                                  Well Spiked
                                  • Aug 2011

Both are great techniques that we can explore the ideas around and share experiences/tips/tutorials etc. I think they're great suggestions.

Comment

• Josh
                                    prog purtian nutjob
                                    • Feb 2008

I love that idea, Buffylover!
                                    Tumblr

Comment

• Brendan
                                      Cup Of Tea
                                      • Oct 2009

That's great to hear guys!

I will be searching all this weekend if I could find another tutorial we could follow. Then I would just go for it and make the thread sometime this week.

Comment

• Brendan
                                        Cup Of Tea
                                        • Oct 2009

When are we going to do this Christmas theme party thing I never created a Christmas theme art before. After Puppet questions?

Comment

• Stoney
                                          Well Spiked
                                          • Aug 2011

I take so long over pieces still I'm not managing to fit in doing any at the moment but am always interested to see new challenges and will try to produce something if I can find a block of time for it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X