No announcement yet.

Jossverse Fanart Thread [4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like that and the darkness and lack of text are perfect choices.

Comment

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

• I agree with Priceless, these are really good! But my favourites are #2 and #4, so dramatic.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

• This one was meant to be apart of a bigger piece for the current round of The Banner/Icon Meme Challenge. Unfortunately, this one stood out too much to be a small cog and thus my entire idea tanked but I had to salvage it and managed to get a somewhat decent wallpaper (I hope).

Click for bigger

Caps by me, stock by Unsplashed

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      So good, love the colours

• Brendan
      Brendan commented
      Editing a comment
      Incredible! compositions and typography! love the atmosphere and colour on this Fantastic work!

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Priceless and buffylover!

• I'm not sure if I can double post so if not, let me know xx

Power

So this one is sort of a wallpaper but nah. It pretty much turned out a mess and really lacks direction, I feel. Maybe you guys can give me some pointers.

click for full size 1980x1114

Resources: Caps by me, Stocks from Unsplash

"How Is This Natural?"

Kind of a banner set. I try to come up with ideas for the current round of The Banner/Icon Meme Challenge and I always sidetrack to other things. I hope I'll come up with something by week's end.

Caps by me, Stocks from Unsplash

*Everything not mentioned in resources is either from unknown resources/photoshop basic resources. Let me know if you recognize anything not credited.

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

• Double Dutchess
      Double Dutchess commented
      Editing a comment
      The Willow/Tara ones are really good. And TBH I don't see much wrong with the Power wallpaper -- the colours are great, but I also like the composition. I suppose you might think the balance is a bit off, but I actually like how the viewer's gaze is drawn rightwards and upwards. So no pointers from me, sorry.

• SpuffyGlitz
      SpuffyGlitz commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no, I put a "like" to this and accidentally erased all the likes before! Sorry about that. This is wonderful, I love it

• Stoney
      Stoney commented
      Editing a comment
      SpuffyGlitz It's because reputations have been reset so anything posted before that with existing likes it overwrites. It's an unavoidable element of them now connecting likes to rep I'm afraid, not at all your fault.

• I really like the circles and flames in power and the focus it draws onto Buffy. I think Adam looks a little dropped on top as the cap is a lot sharper than the other elements so that stops him feeling a part of the whole piece. He's also quite small for balance but it could be argued that that plays into the message of the piece and the dynamic in the moment between them. But I think generally if you reduced the stark contrast between Adam and the other elements it might draw it all together a bit more. I really do like it though, especially the use and positioning of the fire.

Comment

• Here's a Spike wall paper I made recently, based on the prompt "New Year's Resolutions".

Right-click or open in new tab for full size (1920x1080)

Credits:
      Text is from Nicotine Stain lyrics by Siouxsie and the Banshees
      Fonts: Better Jack and bloody script from dafont.com
      Screencap: HD Buffy episodes
      Smoke: photo by Paul Wong on Unsplash

Comment

• Double Dutchess
        Editing a comment
        Josh flow Brendan thank you! And sure, post away on FB and Instagram (and the other BF social media)

• Nina
        Nina commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonderful! And I agree with Brendan, the typography is really great.

• Double Dutchess
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Nina!

• As I've come back I thought I'd get back into the swing of things by feedbacking some of the art here. I know for some of these it's a bit of a time since they were posted, but hey surely something is better than nothing.

Disclaimer: I will be a constructive as possible without being critical but that might mean me saying something that could seem harsh or rude. It is never my intention, I just want to pass on something they can use to improve not to upset you. If I do upset you I really, really apologise

Double Dutchess
      ​​​​​​Spike wallpaper
      Nice imagery and I love the way the font is a little broken in places, as if it's handwritten. I personally think the white text is a little strong, I think it would have looked good almost grey to reflect the smoke a little more. It would have been great if you could have added a bit of a glow on the cigarette as if it lit, because as the saying goes you can't have smoke with out fire. Is the hard line on the right a conscious choice? Not sure I like that because it looks like you ran out of room for the text and extended the canvas to fit it in. I think the wallpaper is great though.

Josh

Power
      I don't think this is a mess, it's got a great composition and ideas. I can see the flame through Buffy's torso, not sure if that's supposed to be there or not. If you masked it out or put it behind her it might be better. I don't really see what the image behind the circles are, so not sure what it brings. Watch your edges, there's a couple of points where you can see the harsh edge. Nudging them a bit closer or masking them out a bit might help.

How is this Natural
      These have a great graphic feel to them, but some of the textures used are a little bit harsh for my taste, especially the blue flecks on the 3rd one. Cutting out people from screenshots is tricky and I think you've done a great job here. I think I may have made the middle one black and white with just the red of the blood, to really make it pop
      sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

• ciderdrinker Welcome back to the forum, and thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad you appreciate the handwriting font; I spent quite a bit of time on making it look like it was actually written with a shaky hand. You make a REALLY good point about the glow of the cigarette. I added the smoke but it never occurred to me that his cigarette isn't even lit! But I'm puzzled by your mention of a hard line on the right. I didn't extend the canvas and I can't actually see any line myself

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
          ciderdrinker But I'm puzzled by your mention of a hard line on the right. I didn't extend the canvas and I can't actually see any line myself
          I looked at your image on my laptop and my phone and I can't see the hard edge on the phone, but it's really clear on my laptop, must be something to do with the screen calibrations or something. (My laptop is really quite new, and my phone is about 2 years old) The edge is where the Spike picture ends and the under layer appears, it's most clear above the white text.

It's a small thing anyway, so I feel bad for mentioning it
          sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

• Originally posted by ciderdrinker View Post
            I looked at your image on my laptop and my phone and I can't see the hard edge on the phone, but it's really clear on my laptop, must be something to do with the screen calibrations or something. (My laptop is really quite new, and my phone is about 2 years old) The edge is where the Spike picture ends and the under layer appears, it's most clear above the white text.
            Thanks! Looking at my source files, I think I have found the reason for the hard edge now. I cannot actually see it on any of my screens, but they're all quite a bit older than yours, and also I know that the calibration of my desktop computer screen (where I do my photoshopping) is in fact off.

It's a small thing anyway, so I feel bad for mentioning it
            You shouldn't feel bad about it! Actually I am very grateful for the reminder that what I see on my screen may not be what others see, and that I need to be careful with things like this.

Comment

• Couple of banners I did for The Freshman

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you so much Brendan, I really appreciate your feedback

• SpuffyGlitz
                SpuffyGlitz commented
                Editing a comment
                Love love love