BF Members' Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF Members' Survey

This survey is intended for all members, old and new. Answer the questions and let us get to know you a bit more.

New questions will be added within the thread every now and then, so you might find more to answer when you revisit to read what others have put.

New members - do feel free to use these questions in your own 'Hello' post introducing yourself in the Welcome section if you'd like, or answer these here and start a new Welcome thread too, we don't mind.
    1. What does your username mean?
    2. Where are you from?
    3. When did you watch BtVS and Ats for the first time?
    4. Which tv shows are you watching at the moment?
    5. Favourite character ever?
    6. Best song in the world?
    7. Worst movie you ever saw?
    8. Most beautiful piece of art you've ever seen or heard?
    9. Which Buffyverse season would you love to experience for the first time again?
    10. The apocalypse is coming, which 3 Buffyverse characters do you want on your team?
    11. What was the worst style choice a Buffyverse character ever made?
    12. And what was the best style choice?
    13. An AtS character is paying Sunnydale a visit, who should it be?
    14. Which MotW is your favourite?
    15. If you are the showrunner of a Buffyverse spin-off, what would it be about?

Well, let's see.
      It's my name, plain and simple.
    2. Where are you from?
      The Netherlands, somewhere in the north of the country.
    3. When did you watch BtVS and Ats for the first time?
      There were re-runs on Dutch television. I think I was 11.
    4. Which tv shows are you watching at the moment?
      Oi, a lot of Netflix. I might miss one, but: Star Trek: Discovery & Deep Space 9, The Crown, The Witcher, Peaky Blinders, The Alienist & The Last Kingdom.
    5. Favourite character ever?
      Harry Potter.
    6. Best song in the world?
      There are a few, recently I already told everybody about my love for Joni Mitchell's Amelia. So let's do another now:
    7. Worst movie you ever saw?
      My least favourite ones are the really boring ones. So it's probably still Elizabethtown.
    8. Most beautiful piece of art you've ever seen or heard?
      In general I prefer Rembrandt over Vermeer. But there is something about The Girl with the Pearl...

Yes I know, I know. Not the most creative answer.
    9. Which Buffyverse season would you love to experience for the first time again?
      BtVS season 2 or Ats season 2. These are the best seasons IMO and my first time was in both cases not all that. I was too young to appreciate BtVS season 2 when I saw that one for the first time. And I saw Ats season 2 out of order and without seeing season 1 first.
    10. The apocalypse is coming, which 3 Buffyverse characters do you want on your team?
      Is is a sunny apocalypse? Just in case I'll leave Angel and Spike out of my team.

Buffy, Post-Origin!Connor & Wesley. If there is no hope anymore, I will swap one of them for Gunn. His commentary might make the end a bit more bearable.
    11. What was the worst style choice a Buffyverse character ever made?
      Oof, Buffy's fringe, Cordy's soccer mom look with strange flowy dress, Angel's ugly greenish blouse, that one time Willow wore a muppet....

Cordelia it is.
    12. And what was the best style choice?
      Fred's red dress in WitW.
    13. An AtS character is paying Sunnydale a visit, who should it be?
      The most fun is of course s4!Wesley. But I think Gunn would be very enjoyable as well. His life is so different from life in Sunnydale.
    14. Which MotW is your favourite?
      I don't really have one.
    15. If you are the showrunner of a Buffyverse spin-off, what would it be about?
      I think I would try to do some world building and do a Counsil of Watchers show. It's completely different from Buffy and Angel, but it has a lot of potential.

Comment

What does your username mean?

It's a combination of one of my nicknames + vamp which relates to BtVS obviously. Not remotely original but, hey, I created it when I was 14-15 and never thought I'd be stuck with it 16 years later!

Where are you from?

Australia - which I have never been more thankful for since COVID-19 *phew*

When did you watch BtVS and Ats for the first time?

When it originally aired back in 1997. Funnily enough I have vivid memories of watching the very first episode and the cliffhanger with Luke as he goes to bite Buffy ("to be continued"). I can even recall before the episode started my sister telling me that her friend told her it was "based on a movie" and I was very confused. But I loved it instantly and was literally hooked ever since. Welcome to the Hellmouth and The Harvest aired over 2 consecutive nights here in Australia at 7:30PM straight after Home and Away

Which tv shows are you watching at the moment?

My current show is WandaVision which I am absolutely LOVING The finale season of Wentworth will also being airing soon and I also recently finished The Mandalorian and will watch Falcon and the Winter Solider. It's a Sin was also a great miniseries.

Favourite character ever?

Buffy Anne Summers. My ride or die.

Best song in the world?

Hmmm I mean I don't know if it's the best song in the world but my personal favourite is probably Mr Brightside by The Killers. I also love Can't Stop Falling In Love by Elvis, All My Loving by The Beatles, Passenger Seat by Death Cab for Cutie, All These Things I've done by The Killers, pretty much any version of Forever Young.

Worst movie you ever saw?

It definitely isn't objectively the worst movie I have ever seen but I have never, ever been able to sit through the entirety of Constantine with Keanu Reeves. Like, I have honestly tried to many times throughout my life and at all different ages and I have never managed to. I find it so unbelievably dull.

Most beautiful piece of art you've ever seen or heard?

I couldn't say. This is a tricky one.

Which Buffyverse season would you love to experience for the first time again?

I would probably have to say BtVS S2 as it's my favourite. That Angelus arc shocked me as a kid and I would find it even more memorable if I had seen it for the first time as an adult.

The apocalypse is coming, which 3 Buffyverse characters do you want on your team?

Oh this is a hard one. I'm tempted to go strictly with power/muscle but you'd want some good research skills in there too.

1) Buffy - There's not a single other character in the Buffyverse that I would trust most just to win. She just makes me feel confident that no matter what, she will always find a way. Plus Slayer.
      2) Willow - Combination of book smarts and power but it's really her power that would get her over the line for me. Her magic has infinite possibilities.
      3) Giles - Purely for his book smarts and his willingness to do what needs to be done. Wesley is arguably more knowledgable and he can be certainly as ruthless and pramatic as Giles but he's also unstable and unpredictable

What was the worst style choice a Buffyverse character ever made?

Yeah I am probably going to second Nina and go with the hideous outfits Cordelia wore towards the end of AtS S3. That jumper and skirt combination she wears in Double or Nothing when she's sitting on the stairs with Gunn is... ugh.

And what was the best style choice?

Buffy in her prophecy gown with the leather jacket. But honestly just Buffy in general followed by Cordelia and Angel. Cordy has some great outfits in BtVS S3 and I love Angel's outfits from BtVS S1. His James Dean look in the episode Angel is particularly great (the white t-shirt tucked into the skinny jeans with the short leather jacket *chef kiss*)

An AtS character is paying Sunnydale a visit, who should it be?

Would have to be Cordelia followed by Wesley. Cordelia would just have so many different and unique interactions with Buffy, Xander, Willow, even Anya...

Which MotW is your favourite?

It would have to be The Gentleman. I also really love Sunday, Ford, Der Kinderstood, Catherine Madison and Gnarl.

If you are the showrunner of a Buffyverse spin-off, what would it be about?

Honestly, an American Horror Story-esque anthology series focused on previous Slayers always sounded really interesting to me. You could explore the Slayer that died and made Buffy called, past Slayers, future Slayers... the possibilities are endless. It would also been such a great way of expanding the mythology of the Buffyverse as you could touch on so many corners of the world, monsters, the CoW, witches etc. I mean, if you really wanted to it didn't even necessarily have to just focus on Slayers. Some seasons could focus on vampire or demon characters etc.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Everything flows and nothing ever stays the same. it
        1. Where are you from?
        I have been born and raised and lived my whole life (so far) in Germany. To be more precise in the northern part of Germany. It's a good place to live.
        1. When did you watch BtVS and Ats for the first time?
        I have come very late to the show, partly because it was sold as a teenage high school comedy in Germany and partly because the synchronization was awful and made it unwatchable. I was instantly hooked when I first watched the series in English but that did not happen before 2017.
        1. Which tv shows are you watching at the moment?
        I am not watching many tv shows and mostly with my kid (Wickie anyone?). I tend to get bored by most tv shows and movies. The last shows I watched apart from Buffy that I enjoyed were Carnival Row, Lucifer, and Sherlock (it took me a while to get into Sherlock).
        1. Favourite character ever?
        You're the one, Buffy.
        1. Best song in the world?
        I don't think there is a song that can truly claim that title.
        1. Worst movie you ever saw?
        As I said I don't watch that many movies or tv shows and if I get bored or find something not completely to my liking I switch the tv off. However, I just watched Jim Button and Luke the engine driver (the 2018 movie adaptation) with my kid yesterday and found it pretty awful. Urgh.
        1. Most beautiful piece of art you've ever seen or heard?
        Like with the best song I don't think there is one single piece of art that can claim this title. The last beautiful piece of art I have seen and found impressive was actually a replica. I am not a fan of replicas at all and nearly missed this one because of my bias. It was the figurative cave paintings in the Chauvet Cave in Southern France. We went there when we were on vacation in France last summer and it took my breath away. I am still in awe when I think back to that day.
        1. Which Buffyverse season would you love to experience for the first time again?
        Season 6, hands down. It is such a multilayered and fascinating season and to think I could go on this emotional rollercoaster ride once again with no previous knowledge of how things will turn out ...
        1. The apocalypse is coming, which 3 Buffyverse characters do you want on your team?
        Buffy, because she is the Slayer. Faith because she is a slayer but badass at that. Willow, because she is a mighty witch. It's time for womanpower!
        1. What was the worst style choice a Buffyverse character ever made?
        Willow's poncho in Something Blue

1. And what was the best style choice?
        I'll let the pic speak for itself:

1. An AtS character is paying Sunnydale a visit, who should it be?
        Angel. He means most to the people who are left in Sunnydale.
        1. Which MotW is your favourite?
        Does Ethan Rayne count as a monster of the week? No? I thought so ... I think it's Holden Webster then. Or maybe Sweet.
        1. If you are the showrunner of a Buffyverse spin-off, what would it be about?
        I am not really a huge fan of spin-offs or reboots. If I were a showrunner of a Buffyverse spin-off, I would probably call it off. I think Buffy's story has been told and as much as I love Faith or Spike or Willow I don't see them carrying a show on their own. I don't think I have to mention that the Potentials wouldn't do either and I don't want a Buffy 2.0. It's what the Boom! comics went for and they made a bad job of it. I could envision something along the lines of Slayers from the past with different stories told from different times and countries or maybe even different dimensions. But that would not really be a Buffy spin-off. It would more be a tv-series about powerful women through time and space.

flow

Comment

• Nina
          Nina commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohhhh Wickie. I remember being so disappointed when finding out Wickie was a boy. (Little me was sure that long hair = girl.) For some reason I really wanted that.

• American Aurora
          American Aurora commented
          Editing a comment
          Flow, if you don't mind my asking, where in Northern Germany? There were so many beautiful places in Germany (esp. the Black Forest!) and I was curious if I'd ever been in your hometown!

What does your username mean?

It's from a Giles quote, when he's shot by a dart meant for werewolf Oz and he says 'Bloody priceless' as he slides down the wall. That line always makes me laugh.

Where are you from?

Lincolnshire in the UK

When did you watch BtVS and Ats for the first time?

When it first aired on BBC2 in the UK. I liked the first two eps, though I thought the acting was a bit ropey, but it was Witch that sealed it for me, I loved the twist and Catherine being stuck in the statue at the end was brilliant. I was hooked from then on.

Which tv shows are you watching at the moment?

I have no streaming services, so that reduces my choices, but I'm enjoying The Great with Elle Fanning as Catherine the Great, re-watching Battlestar Galactica and the new series of Unforgotten, a British police procedural that's always well written, and Bloodlands another police procedural on the BBC. Also a Canadian series called The Disappearance, about a little boy who disappears on his birthday.

Favourite character ever?

Buffy

Best song in the world?

How can you pick only one? Anything by The Beatles, most of the hits of the 60's . . . if I had to pick just one . . . All Or Nothing by the Small Faces sounds fresh every time.

Worst movie you ever saw?

Both of the Sex And The City movies are TERRIBLE, but the second one is an abomination.

Most beautiful piece of art you've ever seen or heard?

Wow, so many. I fell in love with Kandinsky when I visited the Guggenheim in NY. But there are so many incredible pieces of art. Rome and Florence are works of art in themselves. I have some Spuffy prints that make me feel happy every time I see them, they are beautiful to me . . .

Which Buffyverse season would you love to experience for the first time again?

Season 6. The power of it, the sadness, seeing Buffy fall so low, see her relationship with Spike grow into something important.

The apocalypse is coming, which 3 Buffyverse characters do you want on your team?

Buffy, Willow and Spike. Just like Season 11 in the internment camp, and they did quite well there.

What was the worst style choice a Buffyverse character ever made?

This image doesn't do justice to the horror of it. From The Replacement.

And what was the best style choice?

So many . . . I liked Buffy best in Season 4 when she was all patterned and pink and girly and she looked so pretty. But she also looked great in leather pants or jeans. It's too tough a choice.

An AtS character is paying Sunnydale a visit, who should it be?

Cordelia. She could have a nice conversation with Xander and show the gang how much she'd changed.

Which MotW is your favourite?

Catherine Maddison, she's the one that hooked me.

If you are the showrunner of a Buffyverse spin-off, what would it be about?

If it were possible, in a dreamworld, it would be Buffy and Spike living a life, travelling the world, learning to live together . . . but that's only my Spuffy fever dream. I guess a Ripper show would have been the most obvious, with other cast members dropping in now and again, while Ripper solves supernatural crimes, perhaps aided by Dawn or Faith.
        Last edited by Priceless; 25-02-21, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Priceless
          Priceless commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh no, it's vanished. I'll try and repost. I'm out of practice on this forum, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

• Double Dutchess
          Double Dutchess commented
          Editing a comment
          I see it now, thanks! I don't mind it so much, but I agree it's far from her best outfit.

• American Aurora
          American Aurora commented
          Editing a comment
          That "If Buffy were a Peanuts character" worst outfit made me laugh!
          Last edited by American Aurora; 25-02-21, 08:59 PM.
      Working...
      X