Your Favorite Winchester!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Winchester!?

Well I looked around and their wasnt a thread about this. So I made it into a poll and every body has to have a favorite Winchester. Well I do, I like Sam the best. First of all he's great I - Candy and I love his story line with his girlfriend and all. But its somthing about Dean that I like too. I love the way he acts and the way he carries him self. He's like a bad boy and Jensen is a great actor and brings alot to the show. Hmmmmm (thinking) Never mind I like Dean the best.

So, who do you like, who's your Favorite Winchester?
    Dean
    64.52%
    Sam
    35.48%
    Last edited by Dark Ages; 11-07-07, 05:20 PM.
    East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Dean is my favorite. He's complicated and has so many layers. I love all of the little character details the writers have given him, like his love affair with food and how he calls his loved ones 'bitch' and 'jerk'. He is the epitome of the alpha male, which is a very desirable attribute, IMO. Plus he's got that little bit of darkness in him that makes him irresistable.
    sigpic

Comment

We had an extensive debate about this topic over at BW, too bad that it was gone before we could save it over here!

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
      He is the epitome of the alpha male, which is a very desirable attribute, IMO.
      It's funny that you write that, since there is extensive meta in fandom that shows that Dean actually is more of the beta male in the Winchester hierarchy and not the alpha. I am no expert on behavioural research, but the argumentation is quite intriguing and fits the Winchesters dynamics quite well IMO.

Alpha position was first held by John of course, who was challenged for that position by the rebellious Sam, while Dean clearly followed John's leadership. Sam eventually left the family ?pack' to build his own pack as an alpha male and when he was re-united with Dean, he took alpha position in their little unit, with Dean more likely to subordinate his own wishes and desires to those he loves and cares for, which makes him more of the beta. Beta males of packs are known to provide for other members of the pack through hunting and providing food and protection to the pups, given Dean's position as caretaker in the family it makes sense.

Also, alpha's are usually described as not likely to compromise and being authoritative, while beta's tend to be mediative, which fits Dean better I think. That doesn't mean Dean is no leader, betas take over leadership if the alpha is disabled or otherwise looses ability to lead. While Dean tends to give into Sam's wishes, he will take lead whenever necessary, coming out of John's shadow. While I think the parallels to the animal kingdom are not always clear cut, I find it interesting to transfer it to the family dynamics in the Winchester household.

Comment

OOOohhhh really tough choice...lol

Season one i would have Said Dean...with out even thinking. I mean hes got that whole bad boy thing working for him, yet he can show his soft emotional side too...and well the fact that he just so god darn sexy to boot. lol

But then as ive watched seaon 2, ive learnt to grow and love Sam...He just has it all....

So im really torn between those Winchester boys....But i think im gonna ahve to go with my inital choice....Dean. (tho sam really is very very close in second place.lol)
        That Fallen Little Angel on your shoulder.
        Scary Just got Sexy!

Comment

It's no secret. It's Sam.

Spoiler:
          Who am I kidding!!!! It's Dean!!! He rox my sox!!! Metaphorically, though we could go for literally. Okay, I've been spending to much time in the chat thread.

Simply put, Dean's always been a lot like me. Loves cassettes, rock music, his car, driving across country rather than flying, references stuff that no one but his younger sibling knows and can understand, uh, likes salt. We'll stop there before I reveal too much about the mysteriousness that is me.

Seriously though, I've always loved Dean's attitude towards family. Even though you don't get along because you all have a lot of pride and integrity, it's worth your personal sacrifice it to try to make it work.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

I have to go with Dean. I like Sam though too; he grew on me, for sure. I like Dean's sense of humor, snarkiness and strong loyalty. He's a vulnerable boy underneath it all. I do like the way Sam carries himself though. The way he is always got the mission on the mind--reading books at bars and all.
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by galathea View Post
              We had an extensive debate about this topic over at BW, too bad that it was gone before we could save it over here!

It's funny that you write that, since there is extensive meta in fandom that shows that Dean actually is more of the beta male in the Winchester hierarchy and not the alpha. I am no expert on behavioural research, but the argumentation is quite intriguing and fits the Winchesters dynamics quite well IMO.

Alpha position was first held by John of course, who was challenged for that position by the rebellious Sam, while Dean clearly followed John's leadership. Sam eventually left the family ?pack' to build his own pack as an alpha male and when he was re-united with Dean, he took alpha position in their little unit, with Dean more likely to subordinate his own wishes and desires to those he loves and cares for, which makes him more of the beta. Beta males of packs are known to provide for other members of the pack through hunting and providing food and protection to the pups, given Dean's position as caretaker in the family it makes sense.

Also, alpha's are usually described as not likely to compromise and being authoritative, while beta's tend to be mediative, which fits Dean better I think. That doesn't mean Dean is no leader, betas take over leadership if the alpha is disabled or otherwise looses ability to lead. While Dean tends to give into Sam's wishes, he will take lead whenever necessary, coming out of John's shadow. While I think the parallels to the animal kingdom are not always clear cut, I find it interesting to transfer it to the family dynamics in the Winchester household.

Ok...he's the beta male... what do I know about behavioral science, anyway ...he's a strong leader IMO, so that makes him alpha according to the science of ME ...but he could be beta, kappa, delta or anything else as long as he's DEAN!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                ...but he could be beta, kappa, delta or anything else as long as he's DEAN!
                I think I can wholeheartedly agree with that!

Dean is a complex and intriguing character all around, but what draws me most to Dean is the sheer protectiveness and loyalty he has towards his family. When I look at Dean I tend to see a 4-year old boy whose childhood was snatched from him and who was forced into the role of a parentified child and whose personality fluctuates around these two poles of child and adult: on the one hand his childlike ability to live in the moment, enjoy the little things in life, his enthusiasm and knack for mischief, on the other hand his ability to carry great burdens, take on responsibilities beyond his years and means and making the hard decisions and learn to live with them.

I love about him that he cares so much, not only about Sam and John, but about the random people they meet, that he risks his life time and again because he wants to spare people the same tragedies he himself had to go through, even when he sometimes questions the many sacrifices his family had to endure. I am fascinated by the duality of the bad boy image that he likes to project and the caring and complex person that lives behind that image.

That said, I have to emphasise that I love Sam very much as well, for his strive for independence, for never being afraid to admit mistakes and apologise for them, for reciprocating Dean's love and care for him, even if he sometimes needs to go his own way, hurting is brother in the process.

Comment

I really don't know. When I first started watching it I liked Dean the best but then I moved on to Sam. I think I like them both, but if I were to choose one I think it would be Sam because he is the most sensitive, were as dean isn't.

I am not going to vote on the poll, as I will most likely change my mind. But at the moment I quite like them both the same.
                  sigpic

Comment

i was gonna vote sam. but then i thought it would be wise to read what you's all think and now to be honest i think i'm torn more towards dean. sam seems more sensetive and caring and nicer but then again dean is so complex that we don't always see that he is caring in his own way. i will problay change my mind though. i think sam is hotter but then again i also wouldn't turn down dean
                    sigpic
                    twinned with TheCharmed1

Comment

To be honest, i dont think any of us would turn down either of those Winchester boys! lol
                      Scary Just got Sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCharmedSpuffy View Post
                        i was gonna vote sam. but then i thought it would be wise to read what you's all think and now to be honest i think i'm torn more towards dean. sam seems more sensetive and caring and nicer but then again dean is so complex that we don't always see that he is caring in his own way. i will problay change my mind though. i think sam is hotter but then again i also wouldn't turn down dean
                        Ohmigod. I never thought I would see the day Vicky would choose Dean over Sam *is scared*

Me, I have only recently started watching Supernatural.

And when I say recently, I mean yesterday...honestly. Although a couple of weeks ago I saw half of the pilot.

I've got through seven episodes already, I don't like Sam. I much prefer Dean. He's got the type of personality I would go for anyway. I think he has more humour in him than Sam, and Sam is starting to annoy me. Don't ask me why. I don't know, but he is .

So, it's Dean all the way, definatly *not* Sam, and I doubt I will change my mind

sigpic
                        ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

I love them both, equally actually. BUT I voted Sam, because he needs some support! I know there are more Dean lovers, and I just needed to point out how extremely loving Sam also is. He's younger, and that's sometimes notable, but when it comes down to it, he has a big heart.

Comment

Well, I like both. In Season 1, I would have said Dean in a heartbeat, but now, I'll say Dean but I'll wait five seconds before it I like them both, but Sam is only very, very rarely lighthearted or funny, and that's something I also look for in a character. Sam has a cool plot in Season 2 with the visions and being the YED's favorite and all. Interesting, imo. But Dean also showed more layers in Season 2, with John's secret, and with the amazing and surprising end of the season. So, not only does Dean have a good personality and is funny, but he also has feelings. And, that's great. I voted Dean.

Comment

I would have to say that Sam is the sexiest man on thise earth. I like Dean and he's cute too but Sam is tall big and sexy. He doesn't have that bad boy side he's just the little boy sexy type. Which is my favorite. I love Sam and I totally love the show it's different and it has two sexy guys to look at.

Comment

Well I guess it's no secret that I prefer Dean by a long shot (see avie and title)! Although Sam has grown on me in the course of the two seasons, Dean is still the character that interests and intrigues me much more. There are so many reasons why I love Dean:

I love Dean because he has so many layers. I love Dean because he is not as easy to figure out as Sam is. I love Dean because underneath the cocky and sometimes quite macho exterior, he is sensitive and vulnerable. I love Dean because he puts his family above everyone and anything else. I love Dean because he is so selfless when it comes to Sam and/or his father. I love Dean because he is a big flirt and knows how to seduce the ladies. I love Dean because he is a rebel and goes against authority (although often not when it comes to his dad). I love Dean because he can enjoy the simple things in life, such as a good cup of coffee or his booze. I love Dean because he is such a lad. I love Dean because he is so charming and damn attractive. I love Dean because he has the most gorgeous green eyes and luscious lips. I love Dean because he has respect for women. I love Dean because he would do anything for Sam. I love Dean because he has a great taste in music. I love Dean because he is funny and he teases Sam a lot. I love Dean because he is a hero. I love Dean because he is clever. I love Dean because he takes charge in the fight against supernatural beings. I love Dean because he is not afraid to cry. I love Dean because he has a strong sense of responsibility, both towards his family and the world. I love Dean because he saves innocent people on a regular basis.

And I could go on and on. There is just a depth and intensity to the character of Dean which deeply moves and fascinates me!

Comment

Dean. *sigh* He is just yum, yum, yum yum yum. Hes got it all working for him, the bad boy thing, yet can be kind and sensative, and very loyal. he looks hot in anything. lol

But then i had to admit, Sam had been growing on me alot, esp through the second season. I just think he kinda grew up, became smokin' hott, and showed us a little of his dark side. So lets not underestimate the younger winchester....
                                  Scary Just got Sexy!

Comment

Like I said before, I will not change my mind. Dean is just so lunchable. And nibbleable. And biteable...and yummyable...and anything else with -able so long as it's nice

And I've recently only actually realised the real reason I Dean so much. Not just because he's tall...dark, (sort of, OK, his hair isn't jet black, but it's dark enough ) and extremley handsome... but I have realised that he would be the type of guy I would go for anyway. He's the kind of guy you know will break your heart...stray away from you...date someone blonder, yet you don't care. You're with him and that's good enough for you. Yes, I like the bad boy. And Dean is definatly the bad boy I would go for. Yet underneath his image, he is sensitive. So you think, 'hey...maybe he wont stray after all.' And that is why I love Dean so much.

And he has all those skitty remarks bunged up in him. He's a joker. Everyone loves a joker!

And Sam...he's not my type. At all. Which is why I don't like him. His character seems too dull for me. He isn't bad enough. OK, I haven't seen BUABS yet where Sam is, and I quote,

Dead Sexy when he is evil
                                    from my good friends, Vicky and TheCharmed1, but it's not his character throughout. I find he has the personality of a wet mop, which then makes me dislike his character. No where as near as Dean's personality...Dean...

So basically, if their characters personality is the type I would go for in real life, I like the character. But it only works with males. Don't go getting any ideas!
                                    Last edited by Ahm Shere; 08-09-07, 05:48 PM.

sigpic
                                    ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

I'd have to say Sam.

Deans ok but I dont find his character all that interesting.

Plus Jared's hotter than Jensen. lol.
                                      Last edited by Ben; 09-09-07, 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling mistake.
                                      -oh cordelia how i love to feel ya-

Comment

Daddy Winchester. No contest. Love him love him love him.

I cried when he died and cried again (HAPPY TEARS THIS TIME)when he returned.

I love JDM.

dean and sam wouldn't be half as hot if John weren't their dad. Also, I think people exaggerate on the lousiness of his parenting skills. He tried his best considering the circumstances. He witnessed his the love of his life pinned to the ceiling and burn up...and had been greiving pretty much ever since. The circumstances in which Mary died is pretty hard to forget.

He may have been obsessed with the demon and maybe should have done things differently. But he wasn't a bad father. And he did all he could to protect them.
                                        Sam and Dean turned out fine. John clearly adored his kids and his wife. It's just that evil robbed them all.
                                        Last edited by chelsie; 05-10-07, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X