4.12 Criss Angel is a Douchebag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.12 Criss Angel is a Douchebag

Seriously can't believe this name made it through the censors, I felt like I was watching a Southpark episode with all the douchebag references.

Anyway, a solid episode. The story was a good mystery and I loved how it foreshadowed Dean having to make a choice between Sam and the world.

On a semi random note, my sister had just brought up the day before what she coined the ultimate question, "How do you see the show ending?" Its a subject I don't like to think about so almost never mentioned between it. So it was odd that this question was probed in the episode.

In the end, I'd like for both of the boys to survive and be able to live their lives out and maybe have their own families and only do hunter work within the area of their residence. It hurt to see them scoffing at their prospects of getting to grow old. One because it is sad, but more because it rings of the same sentiment of Buffy as the slayer. I always liked that SN was quite distanced from BtVS. Anyway, their dad lived well into his fifties so life as a hunter isn't that far fetched. Particularily considering that I do hope they quell this demon uprising.

However, I can't see all supernatural creatures etc being extinguished. Which is what I think Sam was suggesting when he said he wanted to cut it off from the source. The idea of stopping all occurrences of ghosts or physical creatures seems impossible as well as unnatural. There's a reason why these things exist in the (SN) world, to completely eradicate them seems akin to messing with ecology. Demons, however, were a rare thing in our world until S1 of SN.

Anyway, the episode was heavily leaning on the Dean having to kill Sam ending. It was really sad that Sam couldn't see this and instead took it all to mean that he needed to further go down the path of using his powers which will most likely bring such a brotherly confrontation to reality.

It was very sad to see Jay's story in parallel to Dean. That even though he saved the boys lives, he killed someone who was like a brother to him. And that to kill him required stabbing himself in the gut. That it felt like you were doing more damage to yourself and yet you still remain physically whole though hollowed out within.

Anyway, solid episode. The metaphors felt a little heavy handed and obvious, while there wasn't enough levity to match such angst. So not a favorite episode that I expect to want to rewatch much.

Lydia made the punch!

Criss Angel Is A Douchebag? Remember the days when this show had one-word episode titles? Asylum, Faith, Skin, Bugs? I wonder what some of those season one episodes might be called if they were written today!

You know, you could have a whole new drinking game for this episode ? every time the word 'douchebag' is spoken! It was repeated over and over, just to make sure we got it. I don't get the 'Criss Angel' thing, though. I mean, I looked him up, but still. Why is he being name-checked in the title, and did he mind being insulted like that? Was it just done as a hint that the episode was going to feature magicians? Because if so?completely lost on me!

Anyway. What I'm leading up to trying to say is that I really enjoyed this episode. I try to stay spoiler-free, as most people know, but a few snippets about this had made it beneath my radar, just vague snippets like 'there will be three magicians' and 'guest characters likely to be a big focus' so I was a little wary and wondered what to expect. I mean, it might have been another Wishful Thinking, all forced comedy of the kind that makes me cringe! Thankfully, no. I really liked it ? there's a heck of a lot of subtext stuffed in there, some of it very in-your-face and some less so, all of it on the angsty, hurty side, but also all of it intriguing.

I enjoyed the three magicians, way more than I thought I would. And wow, magician Jay had impressively coiffed big hair! I liked him. The actor did a good job with the role, they all did, and their situation ? growing old and looking back wondering what they had achieved ? added an air of melancholy to the episode that I really appreciated.

I loved how seamlessly the brothers and their ongoing issues were woven into the fabric of this story, the perfect example of how an entertaining MOTW story can resonate strongly in the brothers' lives and move their personal arcs forward. That's how to do it, writers!

"Charlie was like my brother and now he's dead because I did the right thing. He offered me a gift and I threw it back in his face, so now I have to spend the rest of my life old and alone. What's so right about that?" So many parallels there, both direct and oblique.

After coming to the forefront in the last two episodes, Dean's post-hell issues took a back seat again here ? hardly surprising, since nothing has changed. There is still nothing either he or Sam can do to change what happened to him or how he feels about it, so what we see here is more of the same of what they admitted they were doing last week: just working whatever random jobs they can find and trying to pretend that nothing is wrong. But even though there was no direct reference to Dean's post-hell issues, his weariness and utter hopelessness was there nonetheless, woven throughout his scenes. And, man, his outlook on life is bleak.

I think that's what I miss most about season one Dean. In season one he still had hope. He didn't hope for much, because Dean has never had what you'd call grand aspirations ? mostly he just wanted to have his family safe and preferably where he could see them ? but still it was hope. It's been a long time now since he had any hope at all. All he can see in the future is blood and death. He fights and he fights but all the while he believes, with all his heart, that all he is doing is staving off the inevitable. Nothing but clouds, as far as the eye can see, and no silver lining anywhere. He doesn't believe they can prevent the apocalypse, which will bring hell on earth. He believes both he and his brother will die young, again. He believes when that happens he will go right back to hell, which has already broken him once. Even the slim prospect of surviving to grow old he sees as more of a curse than a blessing ? not even regarding Bobby as a positive example, for all that he loves Bobby, because he is so locked in that deeply pessimistic outlook. This life has already cost him so dearly; the thought of living like this for another 20 or 30 years is utterly exhausting. Die young or die old ? it doesn't make any difference in the end, because all roads lead to blood and death. Man, that's depressing. No wonder he's so subdued in this episode.

Yeah, I miss the days when Dean tended toward optimism. Feels like a really long time ago now.

The conversation between Dean and Sam at the motel was amazing. Sam trying so carefully to broach a thorny subject with Dean ? "What if we could win?" ? but running smack into the very fundamental difference between their outlooks and giving up the attempt because pushing it was only going to hurt them both. Dean so horribly resigned to what he sees as the awful inevitability of their fates ? it really hurt to hear Dean admit that he believes both he and his brother will die young. Again. It's the first time they have ever really talked about the future since as far back as Shadow, and remembering what they each hoped for back then and comparing it to their desperate, desolate situation now? Yeah, that hurts.

And Sam! Lying to Dean's face and sneaking off with Ruby behind his back again! Oh, man. There is no way that can end well.

It would be nice to feel that Sam had learned not to do this...but it is very in character for him. We have seen it throughout the show. Sam makes promises, and means them completely in that moment?but he doesn't hesitate to go back on his word if he feels differently at a later date. It isn't his most stellar personality trait, but it is very consistent. Whatever it is he has agreed to do with Ruby, he doesn't believe he can explain it to Dean ? he knows it is something his brother would oppose and can't bear the thought of another devastating confrontation, knows that neither of them could take it right now ? so he avoids the problem by going behind Dean's back. *sigh*

It is very Sam behaviour, and we saw him building up to it all through the episode ? and last episode, truth be told. Sam was deeply affected by his brother's confessions about hell ? we saw the grief written all over his face at the thought of just how high a price Dean paid for his life, and we also saw his utter hopelessness because there is nothing he can do. Sam has always needed to feel in control, but lately all he has felt is powerless and out of control. He is exhausted, desperate and conflicted, has got Ruby goading him on once more, sowing passive aggressive seeds of subversion, and he just wants it all to be over.

"What changed your mind?"
    "I don't want to be doing this when I'm an old man."

It really hit hard, almost like a punch, when Sam lied to Dean's face about going for a walk at the end there and then went right out to meet Ruby (which?how did they arrange that?) Dean was clearly feeling quite shaken by what happened and Jay's words and wanted to sit down for a beer with his brother so they could pretend they were okay. But instead Sam walked away from him and lied to him, betrayed his trust yet again just at a time when Dean has been completely open and honest with his brother, placed greater trust in him than ever before, when it looked like the divide between them caused by Dean's death was finally healing.

Oh, Sam. He just can't ever seem to do right for doing wrong. His intentions are good: he wants to end the demon war, once and for all. His motives are strong: he wants to reassert control over his own life, wants to give Dean the gift of surcease. But what his actions might lead to and how Dean is likely to react when he finds out? Yeah, there is no way this can end well.

As for what Sam and Ruby have gone off to do?all I can say is that I am very intrigued to learn more! Also a little scared, because it is likely to work out so very badly, but mostly excited. I feel engaged by the mytharc again, after feeling rather disconnected from the show going into hiatus. Sam said that it isn't the psychic thing he has a problem with?and the psychic thing was a huge enough deal in itself! So what on earth else could be going on? I hope we find out soon.

I can't help wondering how closely the angels are monitoring Sam, to know whether or not he is using his powers. How big a risk is he taking?

Ruby was right back on form in this episode, sarcastic and belligerent, trying to drive Sam once again rather than lead him as she has been for much of the season. And their conversation was so very ambiguous! Deliberately so, of course, to whet our appetites. It worked! I am very keen to learn more.

What else? Oh yeah ? the boys got arrested! That's the first time they've got into trouble with the law since being declared legally dead in Jus in Bello and I really wanted to see how it worked out for them. I mean, they were carrying fake ID and firearms that probably aren't licensed, so you wouldn't think Jay dropping the charges would actually get them out of trouble. All it would take would be for their mugshots to get into the system and the wrong person to see and recognise them, and they'd have the FBI on their tails again! But the arrest was just thrown in as a temporary and meaningless hurdle, rather than a plot point.

And a few quotes to end with:

"You had, like, a deck of cards and wand."
    "I was thirteen, it was a phase."

"I think I've been had."
    "Oh, you ain't been had until you've been had by the Chief."

"It's a brother act."

"He slipped me."
    "He's a sixty year old."
    "He's a magician."

Fantastic.

Comment

I don't get the 'Criss Angel' thing, though. I mean, I looked him up, but still. Why is he being name-checked in the title, and did he mind being insulted like that? Was it just done as a hint that the episode was going to feature magicians?
      Good question. I really don't think this reference was some type of inside joke where Criss Angel liked the show and they were playing with him. I heard that Ben Edlund came up with the title since he heard some radio dj make the remark. And thought it was true. If that's all it was, I think it's just a tacky title.

I haven't seen any of his performances, but my husband has related a few to me before since he thinks the tricks are kinda cool. But I think the guy looks more like a poseur rocker so I understand where SN's dig is coming from.

But the show spent a lot of time trying to justify their use of the title when I think if they had chose a cuter title and just made it a sly in tongue joke, that the episode would have been better.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
        So not a favorite episode that I expect to want to rewatch much.
        Does it surprise you that I feel the exact opposite? Definitely a favourite and I see many rewatchings in my future.

Anyway, onto the review:

I love my show! Julie Siege’s newest script for Supernatural completely immersed me in the story again, after Family Remains managed to pull me out of my post-Heaven and Hell funk and reconnected me with the characters. I utterly adored Criss Angel Is A Douchebag. It had an engaging casefile, with Sam and Dean’s story organically woven in, heartbreaking and meaningful brotherly interaction and forward movement for Sam’s arc, and while it left me anxious about the direction of Sam’s development and the fate of the brotherly relationship, it feels good to be really invested in the show again!

First off, the episode title is probably one of my least favourite titles in the show. Maybe the title is funnier for Americans, since apparently Criss Angel is a well-known magician with his own television show, but it does nothing for me. Not only has it little to no relevance to the episode itself, apart from the fact that it refers to a magician, but it also insults a real person without any good reason and I think that’s bad taste. A more layered meaning of the title in regard to the theme of the episode would have been nice. It’s a 'funny' title and the episode is anything but funny and I would have preferred if the title reflected the more serious tone of the episode.

Anyway, for a MotW episode that has a heavy focus on the guest characters, casting is crucial and they did an excellent job by getting the seasoned and well-known Barry Bostwick, Richard Libertini and John Rubinstein in the roles of Jay, Vernon and Charlie. They pulled off the trio of grumpy old men, who reminisce about their better days, with ease and their wonderful performance allowed the viewer to feel engaged in their story. The more introspective and melancholy atmosphere that naturally came with the focus on three old men, questioning what they have achieved in their lives, matched well with Sam and Dean’s obvious weariness in this episode. The theme also believably triggered the first really meaningful conversation between the brothers ever since both boys confessed their darkest moments to each other, an intense exchange that was urgently needed at this point in the story.

Dean’s post-hell issues, which surfaced heavily in Heaven and Hell and Family Remains, were pushed back to the background, but I actually didn’t mind that at all, since Dean was visibly subdued throughout the episode. He lacked his usual vigour and ****y behaviour and came off as introspective and fatalistic instead. Even when joking, his voice lacked real humour, and the only moment he seemed genuinely delighted was at Jay’s performance of 'The Executioner'. Jensen did a fantastic job in subtly weaving in Dean’s weariness, allowing the viewer to see beyond the surface and ensuring a sense of continuity from the previous episodes. I really wished they had allowed Jensen to depict Dean more often like this in the first half of the season, thus alluding to the fact that Dean was hiding something, instead of trying to mislead the audience with an apparently amnesiac Dean. But well, moving on now.

While the brothers seemed a lot more in control this episode than in Family Remains, their performance as hunters is still not up to their usual standards. They allowed Jay to escape them, twice, managed to get themselves arrested and in the end lacked any real strategy on how to bring their adversary down and consequently ended both up as victims, who needed to be rescued. I am not at all bothered by this because it feels adequate that the severity of the events that hit the boys over the last couple of years finally affects their work as well. It’s increasingly difficult for the brothers to just push their personal problems aside and focus on their job, especially when the job feels futile anyway, now that the apocalypse lurks right around the corner. Sam and Dean are distraught and tired, their heart isn’t really in it anymore and it shows.

Sam: "Oh, I’m game, believe me. It’s not the psychic thing I got a problem with."
        Ruby: "Yeah, I know what you got a problem with, but tough! It’s the only way."
        Sam: "No."
        Ruby: "You know, this would all be so much easier, if you just admit to yourself that you like it. That feeling that it gives you."

The scene where Ruby tries to convince Sam to resume their mutual activities was interesting. Slowly but surly it shows that her patience with Sam’s reluctance to continue what they had started after Dean’s death is running out, and her pretence of being meek and obliging is slipping. In essence the scene between them was similar to most of their encounters in S3, with Ruby trying to push Sam into accepting her proposal by a) offering him what he wants, i.e. a way to win the war and revenge on Lilith and b) exerting pressure on him by putting the responsibility for humankind on his shoulders. In the past Ruby’s adamant claim of 'It’s the only way' has been proven wrong more than once and it’s in no way certain that she isn’t simply lying to Sam in order to push him where she wants him to be.

As a sidenote: While I have to admit that Katie Cassidy certainly was better suited, acting-wise, when it comes to play Ruby’s sarcastic attitude and more aggressive personality traits, than Genevieve Cortese, she delivered her lines here with enough force to show once again that Ruby’s change in the beginning of the season was a deliberate choice, grounded in the character’s motives and not in the change of actress. I have always believed that to be the case, but it’s nice to see it confirmed here. I have to admit though that after 1.5 seasons, I am getting tired of the fact that we are still in the dark about Ruby’s exact motives and goals. I really hope that the writers strategy with this character pays off at some point.

Anyway, just as already hinted at in Heaven And Hell, Ruby isn’t simply interested in Sam training his powers, she wants Sam to do something beyond that and it’s deliberately kept in the dark what exactly that 'something' is. Clearly, Sam is uncomfortable with what she demands and it’s not about his psychic powers, Sam states as much, so it has to be something even worse and that worries me greatly.

My own speculations meander down a very dark path: In Jus In Bello Ruby tried to push Sam into sacrificing an innocent girl in order to end the demonic siege in one strike. In Mystery Spot Sam was willing to sacrifice an innocent civilian to get his brother back. In Criss Angel Is A Douchebag Charlie was willing to sacrifice innocent people in order to give his friend/brother what he needed, a renewed zest for life. Unwilling to watch Jay self-destruct he didn’t hesitate to let other people die in his place. If we take the parallels between Charlie and Sam in the episode to the bitter end, it could foreshadow Sam sacrificing innocents as a means to stop the war and free his brother’s life as well as his own from the demonic threat over their heads. Personally, I would really hate if the show goes down that road and I think it would assassinate Sam’s character. So, let’s just hope that I am too pessimistic here.

In any case, initially Sam turns Ruby down and I think various factors play into this decision. Firstly, I still think he doesn’t fully trust Ruby. Sure, he is grateful that she saved his live, he relies on her and uses her services, but back in Lazarus Rising he also expressed his uncertainness about her and I am not sure if that ever went completely away. She is a demon after all. Secondly, Sam is in a very different state of mind at the moment than he was when they started their activities. Not only is he back in control of his emotions, but he was also prompted to push his own issues back in favour of supporting his brother any way he can, when Dean came out with the truth about his time in hell. If that entails running from case to case, then so be it; big brother trumps world any day.

Thirdly, I think that Sam fights an internal battle between the temptation of his powers and the fear of succumbing to them and at the moment the fear is winning out. His conflicted expression, when Ruby tries to get him to admit that he likes the feeling the use of his powers give him, is telling. It’s no coincidence that the episode draws a parallel between dark magic and Sam’s powers, referring to both as a drug, which, once tasted, leads to addiction. Sam is fighting that addiction ever since he realised that using his powers is playing with fire and made a deliberate decision to step away from that path. He makes an effort to stay true to that decision and focusing on Dean and hunting helps him to achieve that. So, all in all it’s not surprising that Ruby comes up to a brick wall in her attempt to convince Sam to continue his training. It’s sadly ironic though that in the end it is indirectly Dean himself who triggers Sam’s change of heart.

Sam: "Maybe we’ll be different, Dean."
        Dean: "What kind of cool-aid you’re drinking, man? Sammy, it ends bloody or sad. That’s just the life."
        Sam: "What if we could win? If there was a way we could just put an end to all of it."

Sam and Dean’s conversation about the outlook of growing old was the heart of the episode for me and one of my favourite scenes in S4 so far. The last time Sam and Dean discussed their respective futures was way back in Shadow, with Sam still harbouring dreams about returning to a normal life and Dean content with the thought of living a hunter’s life, as long as he had his family at his side. These dreams have well and truly been shattered into tiny pieces by now.

Dean’s outlook on life has become incredibly bleak and there’s not a shimmer of hope on his horizon. 'Folks like us, there ain’t no happy ending', Rufus Turner told Dean in Time Is On My Side and while Dean laughed at that back then, he now arrived in the same headspace. Tragedy and blood is all Dean can see in his future and it makes no difference to end it now or further along the road, it’s just staving off the inevitable: his return to hell. So better go out with his dignity intact. The prospect of a live like Bobby’s holds no comfort for Dean either, because while Bobby is a pillar of the hunter’s community, he is also alone, which is one of Dean’s biggest nightmares, to lose the person he loves the most, again, and having to go on without him.

Sam’s desperate want for hope in their future broke my heart as well and his devastation at seeing his brother so resigned to his fate was palpable. Over the years Dean’s optimism has carried them through more than one seemingly hopeless situation, and now even that is lost. It’s in this moment that we can see Sam finally considering the offer Ruby made to him earlier, a solution not only to save the world but more importantly, to maybe create a better future for his brother and himself. His tentative attempt to broach the subject of a possible way to win the war and end their struggles is cut off though by Dean’s lack of positive response and prompts Sam to drop the topic as fast as he brought it up.

It’s unlikely that Dean would react with anything other but fierce rejection at the suggestion of Sam further developing his powers or do even worse, in order to win the war. Dean will always consider the sacrifice, the price tag that comes with the victory, as too high if it involves Sam’s life and soul, just like he did back in No Rest For The Wicked, and Sam knows that. Still, once the thought of giving into Ruby’s suggestion manifested itself, it was inevitable that sooner rather than later Sam would see it through. And in the end it didn’t take much to give Sam that final push.

Jay: "Charlie was like my brother and now he's dead because I did the right thing. He offered me a gift and I just threw it back in his face. So, now I have to spend the rest of my life old and alone. What's so right about that?"

The show is more often than not rather unsubtle with its parallels, and the similarities between Sam and Dean and Charlie and Jay were no exception here. Still, I thought that it was played well and I enjoyed it more than on other occasions (Metamorphosis comes to mind), and I think the episode owes that to the excellent guest stars, who imbued even the more heavy-handed dialogue lines with enough emotion to make it work for me.

Jay’s final words about how he regretted his decision to do the right thing at the expense of his best friend/brother were ominous and had an unsettling ring of foreboding. In terms of foreshadowing it seems to indicate that we are possibly heading towards a confrontation between Sam and Dean in which Dean has to decide to either do the right thing (kill Sam) or rather accept casualties in order to have a chance at saving his brother. In my mind is no doubt though, which decision Dean will lean towards, should it ever come to that scenario.

I also think that Jay’s weary last words gave Sam the final push to make the decision and take on Ruby’s offer. Over the last weeks Sam helplessly watched his brother beating himself up over the things he experienced in hell, unable to say or do anything that would alleviate Dean’s burdens. He knows that he can’t change the past and the sacrifice that Dean made for him, but he wants to believe that maybe he can change the future, thus repaying the gift of life Dean bestowed on him. Maybe doing the right thing means to not use his powers and watch Dean die and go to hell sooner rather than later, but he already did that once and he is not willing to do it again, no matter the personal consequences.

I think he finally sees an opportunity to take control of the situation again, escape the desperation and helplessness, to act instead of react. His intentions are good but the way he realises them, will in the end probably lead to more pain. He lies to his brother, again and breaks his brother’s trust, again, to follow his own path with Ruby, leaving Dean behind. That doesn’t bode well for their future relationship, once Sam’s deception comes to light and I am very anxious how this will play out further down the road.

What else was noteworthy:

I always love if we get little backstory snippets about the boys as kids, and I love it especially when these snippets are a result of Dean reminiscing about his dorky little brother. We know he did school plays, loved to play soccer, was a mathlete in highschool, and now we learn that he loved to explore magic tricks when he was thirteen. Adorable!

I really loved that Charlie and Vernon saw so easily through Dean’s federal agent act and pulled a prank on him, without even blinking an eye. While I didn’t really find Dean’s subsequent encounter with the Chief all that funny, I found it noticeable that instead of telling him off with a ****y remark, Dean came off as intimidated. It just fit well with Dean’s more subdued behaviour in this episode.

It was the first time ever since Sam and Dean were declared dead in Jus In Bello that they had an encounter with the police. While their arrest was obviously simply a plot point to get Sam and Dean out of the way, I was a bit annoyed that they used this particular means so carelessly, because it was a well established problem for the boys in the past. Even if they were only imprisoned a few hours, the fact that they had no valid IDs on them and carried weapons, should have been enough to warrant a further investigation by the police, even after Jay dropped his charges. They should still be in the Fed's database and a cross-check could easily reopen the case of the boys. Run-ins with law enforcement shouldn’t suddenly be taken lightly in this show.

It’s unclear in the end how the immortality spell allowed Charlie to return in a younger body after his 'death' and it’s sad that this rather big plothole was never explained. I really liked though how Charlie’s final demise played out, with Jay turning the magic of Charlie's own tarot game against him and killing his friend by placing the death card on his body and then stabbing himself. It also makes for a rather fitting metaphor that Jay 'kills' himself in order to kill Charlie. In the end he lost his best friend and the rest of his family as well, and it's doubtful that he will survive Charlie for long, given that he already planned his suicide at the beginning of the episode. We rarely see an episode plot end on such a dark and hopeless note.

In conclusion: Criss Angel Is A Douchebag was an incredibly sad episode, showing that both boys struggle hard to keep it together. It hurts to see the boys so desolate, but in the end I find it an adequate reaction to what the boys are going through and I am glad the show acknowledges that. This was certainly one of my favourite episodes of the season so far.
        galathea
        Roadie
        Last edited by galathea; 24-01-09, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I have to admit - I didn't know the title to this epi before I came on here, after it was over, and my first thought when I saw that Dexter guy was 'obviously making fun of Chriss Angel.' Was a pretty funny comparison to me - I can't stand Chriss Angel. I dunno...I think it was just the SN writers trying to make fun of what we the average joe public veiw as 'magic.'

I also found this episode really sad, but at the same time I was a little disappointed by the message it was giving off. So what, because Jay is old and can't do tricks like he used to means his life is worth nothing? I think it is sad when people identify themselves so much with their occupation/gifts/what they do, that when they can't do it as well anymore, it is time to kill themselves.

Life means more than that. I think that is a super self-centered, vain way to see yourself.
          I have loved you. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Comment

okay... I guess I'm totally missing the point here... Who is "Chriss Angel" ?

I loved the episode though, even if it was really really sad... And the message was clear, it's a perfect set up for two camps, Dean vs Sam... Both seeing their vision as being right..

Even though it was very understandable and very logic that Sam interpreted it the way he did, I think that Deans way of interpretation is better. Yet, we don't know what the powers are and what they are going to do to Sam...
            Everybody thinks it will turn him evil, but he hasn't so far, so he's strong, he knows too much. And I can understand that he wants to use what he has got to try and do good... But shutting Dean out, how understandable it is... is not wise.
            Dean will most definitely vote against, but Sam could convince him to try and see together, instead of going this road by himself.

Nevertheless I'm very curious as to what this all will bring and what powers Sam and Ruby were talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosely View Post
              okay... I guess I'm totally missing the point here... Who is "Chriss Angel" ?
              Criss Angel is an american magician and illusionist. He has his own TV show and is pretty well-known in the States. I presume that the character Jeb Dexter in the episode shares some similarity with Criss Angel.

Comment

Originally posted by galathea View Post
                Criss Angel is an american magician and illusionist. He has his own TV show and is pretty well-known in the States. I presume that the character Jeb Dexter in the episode shares some similarity with Criss Angel.
                ow I see! Hmmm won't they get in trouble for using his name?
                If I were him I'd be totally pissed if my name had been used in this way with saying 'what a douchebag' all the time....

Comment

Working...
                X