Watching Supernatural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Supernatural

Carrying on with assydingo?s post, I?ve started Supernatural this weekend(a gift from my brother) and it?s awesome. Scary, funny and good interaction with the brothers.
    I?m up to ep 12 and what goes through my mind while watching it is: "Wow.. this is freaking awesome". I gotta say that I was creeped out by Wendigo, Scarecrow and I loved Faith. My favourite brother so far is Dean, he is so much more than meets the eye and of course, he is hot!
    Tonight, I?m planning to watch some more.
    And what about you? What attracts you to SN?

Simply put, Dean is awesome. He's funny, he's brave, but still has an inner seriousness and lovableness. The highly desaturated coloring is gorgeous. The Impala is beyond sexy. And the mystery behind Dad's disappearance and Mom's death is compelling in its simpleness and emotion.

I love the show for its comedy, monster mythology, and rock shoutouts. But underneath it all is a weaving pattern of symbolism, metaphors, emotion, and humanity.

I'm always so glad when new people find the show and love it!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

I saw four more and I?m more addicted to the show because it just gets better with each episode.

Route 666
      Good story and very good acting. When Cassie?s mother was talking about Cryus, the church was very emotional. Dean continues to remain awesome. Maybe not one of the best, but still pretty good.

Nightmare
      I was totally surprised by this: first with Sam?s premonitions, then with the discovery that Max was the one behind it and then, finding out about Max?s mother. Great acting.

The Benders
      Scary, this show is not for kids! I was scared with that family, they really did a good job choosing the family. Very good interaction between the brothers and between Dean and the cop.

Shadow
      Super awesome! This got me really stoked and I?m anxious to find out what will happen next. Meg is just amazing, and her "trap" was a good moment in the ep, as well as the attack on all three by the Daeva.

Comment

I finished SN yesterday and I was surprised and impressed. I wasn?t hoping to be hooked into the show but the show just impressed me greatly. And the finale is just awesome, the tension between all three members just surprised me and I thought Sam was gonna kill possessed John. The only thing missing for me is (and I think Buffy spoiled me) an emotional punch, something that ressembles like a punch in the gut. But hey, that can still happen!
        SN was a surprise for me and I?m actually looking forward for season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by buffyholic View Post
          The only thing missing for me is (and I think Buffy spoiled me) an emotional punch, something that ressembles like a punch in the gut. But hey, that can still happen!
          Be careful what you wish for! From now on the emotional punches simply won't stop. S1 of Supernatural is the opening chapter of a (hopefully) 5 chapter story that puts the characters in a place to face the trials and tribulations to come in the following years. Unlike Buffy SN has no seasonal arcs but a mytharc that spans all seasons and every season builds up on the events of the previous one, and you don't pull the emotional punches in the introduction, so to speak. Although I think S1 is fairly emotional in itself, the angst-meter undoubtedly hits the roof from S2 onwards. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Devil's Trap is still one of my favourite SN episodes ever. The family drama, the action, the resolution, the episode has some of the best writing. I've seen it countless times and still I jump every single time when the semi hits the Impala.
          Last edited by galathea; 05-12-08, 04:47 PM.

Comment

So, I?m hoping to get season 2 on Christmas. Even if I don?t, I?m gonna buy it for my birthday. So, what can you tell about the season?
            I gotta say that SN totally surprised me and I wasn?t hoping it to be that good.

Comment

Supernatural is amazing! I adore it. It's freaking AWESOME. Dean is schmexy. I don't like Sam very much, and I am SO not liking the fourth season storyline, although there are good episodes but it's still amazing.

Bloody Mary and Skin are still a couple of my favourite episodes. I adore them. I only started watching it because my friends said, 'The guy in them is so totally HOT!'.
              Spoiler:
              They were talking about Sam.
              Spoiler:
              Losers.

But I love the mythology, the symbolism, the humor, the lines...one of my personal favourite lines is: (Dean's, of course)
              Spoiler:
              Sam...wherever you are...Mom's a babe. I'm going to hell. Again!
              Aw, Dean, you're so funny!

Amazing. Hope they do a Season 5, I love it so much.

sigpic
              ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

I finished SN yesterday and I was surprised and impressed. I wasn?t hoping to be hooked into the show but the show just impressed me greatly.
                SN was a surprise for me and I?m actually looking forward for season 2.
                I started just like you, last July. I was too scared to watch it at first, then I got hooked and I couldn't stop... actually I'm so addicted right now, I'm counting the days so they get back from season 4 break.

Supernatural is growing better each year, second season is great, but 3 and 4 are awsome!
                Besides Erick Kripke, the creator is a fan o Buffy, he is always getting inspired by Buffy episodes, and not in a "coping episode way".

By the way, I'm a huge fan of Dean too
                ------------------------------------------------
                Willow: Nervous?
                Xander: No way. I'm full of that good old Kamikaze spirit.
                Giles: Xander, just because this is never gonna work, there's no need to be negative.

Comment

So, I?m hoping to get season 2 on Christmas. Even if I don?t, I?m gonna buy it for my birthday. So, what can you tell about the season?
                  I gotta say that SN totally surprised me and I wasn?t hoping it to be that good.
                  Season 2 is perhaps the best season yet, IMO, tied with Season 4. I love all the seasons, but these two especially. In Season 2, you can expect a heart-pounding amazingly dramatic opening that will leave you f*cking breathless. More brotherly angst, the scariest episode of Supernatural ever (IMO, at least; it has clowns), more stuff with Sam's ability , and you get to see the YED again!!! It's amazing.

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
                  Supernatural is amazing! I adore it. It's freaking AWESOME. Dean is schmexy. I don't like Sam very much, and I am SO not liking the fourth season storyline, although there are good episodes but it's still amazing.
                  I disagree with you! I've only seen up to 4x07 "It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester", but it is AMAZING so far. My fav eppys of the season so far are 4x01, 4x03, and 4x07. They're all just fantastic. I can't believe you don't like it!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post

I disagree with you! I've only seen up to 4x07 "It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester", but it is AMAZING so far. My fav eppys of the season so far are 4x01, 4x03, and 4x07. They're all just fantastic. I can't believe you don't like it!
                    Hey, check it out! That is the one that I saw last too! We're both on the same episode

I didn't say I didn't like it, I said I didn't like the whole storyline. You know:

Spoiler:
                    About God and the Angels and stuff like that. Religion...

is a touchy subject to deal with anyway, and the fact that Season 4's story line is based on
                    Spoiler:
                    religion
                    ...I just don't like that fact.

But I would say that. I'm
                    Spoiler:
                    an atheist. It's my job to complain about religion. Or lack-of

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
                      Hey, check it out! That is the one that I saw last too! We're both on the same episode

I didn't say I didn't like it, I said I didn't like the whole storyline. You know:

Spoiler:
                      About God and the Angels and stuff like that. Religion...

is a touchy subject to deal with anyway, and the fact that Season 4's story line is based on
                      Spoiler:
                      religion
                      ...I just don't like that fact.

But I would say that. I'm
                      Spoiler:
                      an atheist. It's my job to complain about religion. Or lack-of
                      Yes, but didn't you just ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN' LOVE 4x07? Seriously, tis amazing.

I understand what you're saying, but just the fact that includes....

Spoiler:
                      Angels, doesn't mean the storyline is automatically bad. I mean, we have demons...why not tackle religious? Yes, it is a tricky subject to do right, but IMO, they are tackling it extremely well. The twist that angels aren't all they're cracked up to be is just fantastic. And I love that there's a complex side to Castial, and Uriel is also really interesting as a bad/good guy

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
                        Yes, but didn't you just ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN' LOVE 4x07? Seriously, tis amazing.

I understand what you're saying, but just the fact that includes....

Spoiler:
                        Angels, doesn't mean the storyline is automatically bad. I mean, we have demons...why not tackle religious? Yes, it is a tricky subject to do right, but IMO, they are tackling it extremely well. The twist that angels aren't all they're cracked up to be is just fantastic. And I love that there's a complex side to Castial, and Uriel is also really interesting as a bad/good guy
                        Yes, 4x07 WAS amazing

Again, I only said the storyline so far. Which means to say it could improve later on in the season.
                        Spoiler:
                        Personally, I am hoping that Castial is NOT an Angel...just something powerful. More powerful than Lillith...which is why she was scared of them. Not because he is an Angel. Bad ages. I'm not counting my pet lambs (so much nicer than chickens...) as I'm thinking Castial is unfortunatly an Angel. But I can still hope.

All I'm glad about is
                        Spoiler:
                        Dean not being in Hell anymore.

I thought 4x03 has been one of the best so far. I loved finding out the past. AND
                        Spoiler:
                        Mary is a hunter.
                        Spoiler:
                        Didn't see that one coming!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X