• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Llywela
    Agent 1.3
    • Feb 2007

Wishlist for Season Three

Re-posting this thread over here.

I don't mean the obvious - we know there's a war afoot, with hundreds of demons freshly released from hell, albeit minus a ringleader. We know Sam's going to be investing time, effort and angst into getting Dean out of his demonic deal (although how hard Dean will try to get out of it could be another matter entirely). We can assume that Sam's possibly slightly demonic powers will be a recurring theme.

But what do we want to see? Me, I'd kinda like to see Dean disappear into thin air. Because Sam's done it to him no less than four times now. We know exactly how Dean reacts when that happens. But we've never yet seen Sam going through the panic of his brother disappearing into thin air and having no clue what could have happened. We've seen him having to go rescue Dean from stuff, yeah, but he's always pretty much known from the start what had happened. So yeah. I'd like to see a bit of role reversal there - t'would be a good way of getting in some non-mytharc Sam-focus, no?

I'd also like to see some trivia on Sam. We know so many insignificant but fun details about Dean - the kind of music he likes, and his love affair with food. But mostly what we know about Sam is negative space - his reaction against Dean's interests, rather than what he really likes himself. So I'd like to learn a bit more about Sam in that sense.

What does everyone else think?

• galathea
    Roadie
    • Feb 2007

Re-posting is cool

So apart from the obvious plotlines that are going to happen next season, my wishlist comprises:

a) Sam and Dean on a day off! I would like to see them laid back, indulging in brotherly banter and affection while they do something silly like you know, visiting the Grand Canyon or Disneyland or visiting a baseball game or whatever, you catch my drift Seeing as their time together may be limited, just spending some time in each other's company for the sake of being together, no hunt, no MotW.

b) I would love to see more flashbacks! Maybe with some of the contacts that got killed so early in S1, like Pastor Jim or Caleb. I definitely would love to have a flashback episode that explores their history with Bobby. He has become such an important ally and shows such a clear affection for the boys that I really would like to know more about him and the Winchesters. I would also love to see some flashbacks into the time when Sam was at Stanford, from Dean's view as well as from Sam's.

c) I would like to have an episode that gives us equal insight into Sam's head as ?What Is And What Should Never Be' did for Dean. Obviously it would need another context, but I would love to have a Sam centric episode like that.

d) I would LOVE to see Dean hustle pool. Sorry, just for my superficial, fangirlish desire. I remember Jensen playing pool in Dark Angel, kinda hot look on him.

That's the main things I can think of at the moment, but I am sure there is more

Comment

• slaycandy
      X5
      • May 2007

Originally posted by galathea View Post
      Re-posting is cool
      d) I would LOVE to see Dean hustle pool. Sorry, just for my superficial, fangirlish desire. I remember Jensen playing pool in Dark Angel, kinda hot look on him.
      I second that! I adored him playing pool in DA he was so cocky it was hilarious. But to see a little bit of that in SN would be cool. I have noticed lots of little bits in SN that almost refer back to DA in a sense, unsure if it's on purpose or just my brain on over-drive, but I would definitely love to see some more DA hints in there. I was waiting for a werewolf episode for ages just to see if Jensen would use the phrase 'dog-face boy' or 'dog boy' and when I got my wish I was squee-ing all over the place, lol. So yeah, some more of that in s3 for the DA fangirl over here, lol!!!

Sayjay
      xox
      sigpic
      Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

• Willow's Tara
        WillowxTara Fan
        • Jun 2007

Hmm well Body switching That would be cool, have a demon that can switch your bodies attack them and switch them, Encounter a demon/vampire/other evil thing fighting for the good (Lenore and her family sort of counts but they were just trying to live a undead life..., Considering they didn't go back to kill Gordon shows that they are harmless indeed), or maybe one teams up with Dean and Sam, gives them more insight on the grey matter.
        Oh have one of them get a temp power that allows them to read others mind, it's funny when characters get that power (Prue from Charmed, Buffy from Buffy just a few examples made a few funny scenes).

Hmm can't think of many more, oh maybe do something not many shows have done, have Dean and Sam go to another realm where they see that they are TV stars playing the roles of two brothers on a hunt

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
        Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

• Llywela
          Agent 1.3
          • Feb 2007

I thought of something else I'd like to see next season. I want to see Sam driving that car again! I mean, he had plenty of turns in the driver's seat in season one, but then last season we didn't see him behind the wheel even once. The only time we were even told he definitely had driven the car was when he was possessed. So...I want to see Sam driving once or twice, please, show!

Comment

• LRae12
            Unapolagetic Mocker
            • May 2007

I think I'd like to see the show return to some of its S1-esque type standalone episodes. The boys battling some evil entity from an old wives tail that has nothing to do with the overall story arc.

Have they done the nails scratching the roof of the car myth yet? I can't seem to recall that one...you know, the myth about a couple going out into the woods to make out and they hear a scratching sound on the roof of the car, the guy gets out to investigate and never comes back...the girl eventually getting out to see where he went and what that sound is, and it's the guy's nails scrathing the roof of the car because he's hanging upside down from the tree above...that's always been a spooky one for me...love to see the SN spin on it.

On a lighter note, I'd love to see Dean go gaga over a girl who has no interest in him whatsover. And I'm not talking about his usual lust gaga, but real feelings that are unrequited. That could make an interesting plot.

I'm looking forward to S3 to be more Dean centric, rather than 'oh we have to save poor Sammy' centric...what with the twist of events in the finale, I'm assuming we will have some of that role reversal, and I think it'll be refreshing.
            sigpic

Comment

• Llywela
              Agent 1.3
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
              Have they done the nails scratching the roof of the car myth yet? I can't seem to recall that one...you know, the myth about a couple going out into the woods to make out and they hear a scratching sound on the roof of the car, the guy gets out to investigate and never comes back...the girl eventually getting out to see where he went and what that sound is, and it's the guy's nails scrathing the roof of the car because he's hanging upside down from the tree above...that's always been a spooky one for me...love to see the SN spin on it.
              Done! They covered that one in Hookman

It always seems funny to me when people say they want more Dean focus, that there hasn't been enough of it, because a huge amount of season two was actually about Dean and came from his point of view. And okay, a lot of that was wrapped up with Sam and his supposed destiny, and with the post-John depression, but the main seasonal arc of season two revolved around Dean's emotional journey, in preparation for the finale.

I'm hoping that season three will give Dean his zest for life back again. We saw a hint of it at the end of the finale, but he was struggling so badly for so much of the season - I'd like to see him letting himself live a little again!

Comment

• LRae12
                Unapolagetic Mocker
                • May 2007

^ oh, I forgot about Hookman...duh.

And when I said Dean focused, I meant more along the lines of not so much 'let's save Sammy' focused. Obviously the entire series is Dean focused as there's only 2 major characters... But I would love to see some episodes that show Dean's vulnerabilities other than losing a loved one.
                sigpic

Comment

• Ehlwyen
                  • Feb 2007

1. Laundry day for Dean!

2. Learn about the amulet or bleeding eyes. Both of those secrets became defined in the series by episodes 5 and 6. I think that at least one of them should be revealed.

3. More hard rock/metal aliases and references. Dean went from late 70-mid 80's rock fan in S1 to all over the place in S2. In S2 we heard stuff as early as the 60's to 90's alternative and a Muse song from 2006 as well as he went from being a metal and rock fan to lovng punk (at least it was American punk). Not saying any of it's a stretch. Just that he becomes less defined by the music by loving such a variety. More Ozzy and the ilk please!

4. They should come up with new character trends and be subtle about it. Dean's love of free food and coffee worked so awesomely in S1 because it was such a subtle gag that only if you had watched the episodes multiple that you would realize how ongoing it was. Everyone has spotted it now and the show puts the references in just because people expect it. Instead of trying to find out if people are really paying attention to background detail. For example, it amazing in Route 666 how only if you noticed Dean's coffee obsession would you realize how offended he is at Cassie giving him tea. More personal quirks please. And it's a good enough time to give Sam some.

5. Regarding the casting spoiler.
                  Spoiler:
                  If we're getting to new huntresses, they better have their own set of wheels.

I'm so wishing for a gold Pontiac Firebird circa mid 70's. That would be too awesome. The Camaro is my first love, but the vampires in Dead Man's Blood had a gorgeous RS so I wouldn't expect them to reuse the car. But I do like how stylistically different a Firebird would be from the Impala. Oooh, love interest for the Impala!

I'm sure whatever car they get will be a gorgeous classic. I'm just having fun guessing what they might come up with particularly if they take a vehicle from a classic movie/tv show.

6. More gratuitous shots of the weapons trunk please! We rarely ever got to peek into the box of goodies this year.

7. Lets also see more mythology and background stories and researching of them not be just an afterthought. I love hearing the legends and lore. It's cool they want to write a story of a local ghost, but I love how we used to get stories that may have been the origination of familiar stories. The Bloody Mary or The Hookman. Maybe we could see another Woman in White.

8. Lets stay away from New England and the east coast. I love the gritty cowboy nature of mid america and the midwest. Any show can investigate ghosts in those cities (2.06 Baltimore, 2.11 Connecticut, 2.13 Providence). Lets go rural for the ghost stories. I'd love to see the boys explore the South as that region has really been left absent. Especially New Orleans/Louisiana. Though I understand the shows reluctance considering the hurricane devastation of fall 05.

I'll add more when I think of them!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• galathea
                    Roadie
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                    1. Laundry day for Dean!
                    Ahhh! I am totally with this, I just want to have laundry day for Dean and Sam together .. oh the banter could be more than delicious! In general I would like to see more domestic activities. It was one of the aspects I enjoyed so much about 'Tall Tales'. Also, as we stated in the S3 thread: a Sam and Dean patch each other up scene after a hunt that went bad would be something I'd love to see!

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                    4. They should come up with new character trends and be subtle about it. Dean's love of free food and coffee worked so awesomely in S1 because it was such a subtle gag that only if you had watched the episodes multiple that you would realize how ongoing it was. Everyone has spotted it now and the show puts the references in just because people expect it. Instead of trying to find out if people are really paying attention to background detail. For example, it amazing in Route 666 how only if you noticed Dean's coffee obsession would you realize how offended he is at Cassie giving him tea. More personal quirks please. And it's a good enough time to give Sam some.
                    And another wholehearted: YES! Especially the Dean&Food quirk was overdone this season and sometimes not even funny.

Another thing I thought about the other day was: I re-watched 'Asylum' where Sam mentions that John bought his weapons/munitions from Caleb and I thought I would like to see Sam and Dean stocking up their weapons arsenal and ritual stuff. I am sure they must know some 'dealer' where to get their tools and I think it could make some interesting one-shot character!

Comment

• Lady Manson
                      Rosemary's baby
                      • Jun 2007

Okay, this may sound like a dumb thing for me to hope for, but I forgot about it until about a week ago and am hoping it doesn't get pushed aside.

The fact that Mary knew the yellow eyed demon! And if you're like me and don't know what I'm talking about, see the first part of All Hell Breaks Loose when the yellow eyed demon brings Sam back to the scene of his mom's death. I completely forgot about that. I'm really hoping they follow up on that because there are so many shows that leave out things like that.

:-)

::Shadow of Reflection::
                      NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

Comment

• galathea
                        Roadie
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Lady Manson View Post
                        Okay, this may sound like a dumb thing for me to hope for, but I forgot about it until about a week ago and am hoping it doesn't get pushed aside.

The fact that Mary knew the yellow eyed demon! And if you're like me and don't know what I'm talking about, see the first part of All Hell Breaks Loose when the yellow eyed demon brings Sam back to the scene of his mom's death. I completely forgot about that. I'm really hoping they follow up on that because there are so many shows that leave out things like that.
                        I am absolutely sure that this will come up again. Not only because SN is very reliable when it comes to plot continuity, but also because they play this angle ever since S1 'Home', where Mary apologised to Sam. Kripke confirmed a long time ago that it was of significance, so when they expanded on the Mary/Demon connection in AHBL I it was just another clue in that puzzle. Also, Sam deliberately hid this connection from Dean, so I think we can certainly assume that this topic is a major plotpoint for the further story. I don't think you have anything to worry about that!

Comment

• Cordelia_Chase
                          Hellmouth Tourist
                          • Jun 2007

Ehlwyen, i just gotta say i love ur avie!

Ok so SN S3.....huummm....Well i have yeat to see the very last Ep of S2....but firstly...OMG......SAM!!! NO!!!! i mean its obviously hes not going to die.....right??? lol

But it will be good to see what they do in s3, im glad it got picked up. I heard they might be brining two girls in to it...as hunters.....and what do we think of this???
                          That Fallen Little Angel on your shoulder.
                          Scary Just got Sexy!

Comment

• Ahm Shere
                            Witcher
                            • May 2007

I haven't seen the second half of SN yet, so if my 'wish' is in SN the second half...sorry

Jo and Dean to hook up. There is chemistry between them, and it's about SN had a ship. A proper ship. Long term ship, which when I say, Long Term, I mean longer than one episode!

As for bringing female SN hunters...I'm unsure. It works so well with just the lads. I mean, come on...sexy!

I think we should see more of Dean Even though Season 2 is quite Dean-bound. I want more

They *should* have more Old Wives Tales. Like Bloody Mary and the Hookman and others like that, they were good episodes. There are loads of them, and I'm sure SN could do something with them!

Here's to hoping!

sigpic
                            ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Working...
                            X