Let's Talk About Sex, Baby: Veronica's Love Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Talk About Sex, Baby: Veronica's Love Life

Oo...Provocative thread title. Figured it was appropriate, though, considering nearly every VM fan is hung up on a certain relationship of Veronica's and base opinions upon said relationship. PLUS, this subsection is dying and we need to keep VM discussion alive. So I figured I'd open a thread to discuss the loves of Veronica's life: what was best? Who was best suited for Ronnie? Who wasn't? What do you of the course of the stories for each relationship? Epic or nauseating?

So I'm gonna start by saying that I am not a Veronica-shipper. I do, honestly, believe that she was better off single. The best things came to the show when she wasn't stressing over Troy, Leo, Duncan, Logan, or Piz. She was at the top of her game with snark, wit, and badass sleuth skills.

But I will say that out of all the love interests Veronica has gone through in the course of the prematurely-canceled show, LoVe (Logan/Veronica) was my favorite. Logan seemed to match her personality with his own, badboy spin. Granted a lot of unnecessary drama came with their relationship in Season 3, I still think that the turmoil they went through was entertaining. Which sounds horrible and insensitive but oh-so true.

However, I do think that Logan and Veronica are better off apart. They have the best banter (second to Weevil/Veronica and Kendall/Anybody) and just work well as friends-when-they-have-to-be.

My least favorite of all the relationships is a toss up between Pizonica (Piz/Veronica) and VD (Veronica/Duncan). Both bored me. It was likely just because the actors had very very limited, if any, chemistry with Kristen Bell or it might be because neither relationship has that OOMPH! that made it work for me. I don't know. But neither truly got off the ground in my eyes. They just remained...motionless and bland on the floor, blending in with everything else.

But what about you? What are your opinons? Discuss, discuss. Don't let this VM subsection die as prematurely as the show did!
    Veronica was better off single
    18.18%
    Logan/Veronica
    63.64%
    Duncan/Veronica
    4.55%
    Piz/Veronica
    0.00%
    Troy/Veronica
    4.55%
    Leo/Veronica
    9.09%
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

I just liked the L/V scenes whether they are together or not. There's great chemistry between the two. I'm not big on Duncan in any form as I find him terribly lame. *yawn* But V is good on her own too. And I think they could have held onto Leo and V on the show for a few episodes longer. He was always a nice guy.

Man, s1 is so good. Why couldn't the other seasons have been as cool? I guess Lilly's murder mystery is what made everything so great that first year. SO much drama and tension!
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

You really have to ask my opinion? It's no secret I am a rabid LoVe shipper that will defend them to the end of my super geek life. Though throughout season 3 Veronica had changed with this relationship and I think that she just got scared of getting that close to anybody and pretty much blew up at the most meaningless things ... or at least that's what I tell myself so that I don't have to feel like hitting Rob Thomas every time I watch a scene from Season 3 pertaining to LoVe.

Truth of the matter is, I love Veronica and Logan together because they compliment each other so well. I think it is really hard to disprove that Veronica was so different when dating Duncan in the beginning of Season 2 and lost that snarkasm that we all love. Logan on the other hand I think thrives off of her being like that and therefore he feeds the beast which produces even more snark.

I do love seeing Veronica solo though, pining over a boy or just wanting some sex. Honestly I don't see why Rob Thomas has to have the need to make Veronica the person who breaks up the relationships, why couldn't he have left it in 'Spit and Eggs' to where Logan called it off? No lets add some unneeded drama and make Veronica extremely OOC and take away any continuity in 'Theres Got to be a Morning After Pill'. I will argue until the end of time that that was Rob Thomas' low point in the entire show. God the ways he fu**ed Veronica over in that episode by making her bitch when it wasn't needed. But that isn't what this thread is about is it? Moving on...

Leo was a good guy and I wish that RT would have had him as her love interest at the end of Season 3 rather than Piz because oh my god I wanted to just smack that smirk off his spazzy little face. I really liked Piz as a character and his personality but the constant puppy eyes he has for Veronica was just effing irritating, dude grow a pair and realize that she just isn't that into you (woo! GG reference, though use 'he' instead of 'she') and find someone new. It's not like you two are destined and are soul mates or anything so go find someone that will give you the proper attention that you deserve.

I never believed that Leo and Veronica would have made it anywhere past boyfriend and girlfriend but I do think that he would be just the thing that she needs in between these super drama filled relationships that are Duncan and Logan. Plus daddy likes him very much so Veronica wouldn't have to worry about that much.

Then there is the actors/actresses chemistry. Kristen and Jason definitely have it and it shows so well on screen that it makes me die a little inside whenever I think about Jason being married. Kristen and Teddy really didn't have any chemistry I felt, I mean it was just kinda forced onto me at most times I felt...just bleh. Now Kristen and Chris? Those two definitely have some chemistry. If you have seen the little interview that they did for Veronica Mars you can tell that they have it, but even if there is that chemistry you also have to take into effect how well the actual characters would be able to get along with each other in a relationship, not just a friendship. Just because they are friends does not mean that they will do great as lovers as well, there is a very very fine line there.

Honestly I would love to see Kristen Bell and Chris Lowell together because the two of them together just cracks me the hell up, but on Veronica Mars, its all about Logan Echolls, her rooftop hero. I just have to set apart the reality between real life and show life, hard yes, but I can do it most times

I think I'll do a 2.22 LoVe thing again real soon to back up my LoVe ... love...
      Love to write? Take the Fanfic Challenge!

Unapologetic Mockers: BACK WITH AN ALL NEW LAYOUT!

Comment

I haven't seen s3 yet, so am unqualifed to comment wholey, but yeah, I'm with the team here, LoVe all the way... He's the only one strong enough for her, is the bottom line as far as I can tell.

I just didn't buy the Duncan chemistry at all, but did enjoy Leo, he was nice, but just not right. So guys, VM s4... let's hear it for the LoVe action!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
          So guys, VM s4... let's hear it for the LoVe action!!!
          There will be no season four. Or did I misunderstand your post?
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I liked Veronica and Logan together. I think they balance each other. I agree that Veronica/Ducan was boring but I think because of their history together- it was doomed to begin with. The moment had passed. That's why I was suprrised she went back to him in Season Two. It totally threw me. Ah well.

I actually liked Piz and maybe in the minority and didn't have a major problem with her dating him BUT I again really wanted Veronica with Logan. As for Leo- I thought he was a bit old for her. I thought their brief relationship was cute but I am just glad it was brief. Cuz again- I only route for Veronica/Logan. And Troy well- he bad news and doesn't deserve Ronnie.

I do agree that Veronica seems her best solo yet in my dreams as sappy as they are- Veronica and Logan ride off into the sunset.
            Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
              Sure there is. Just you know... in the hands of Heather and mine...on our keyboards... Fanfic means nothing has to end.

Sorry shameless plug but hey
              *cough* http://vmars.taste-of-honey.net/ *cough*

Glad to see that even with that Piz kid that people are still on the LoVe Bandwagon
              Love to write? Take the Fanfic Challenge!

Unapologetic Mockers: BACK WITH AN ALL NEW LAYOUT!

Comment

Oh, I see. I am not a fanfic reader/writer. I never much cared for it myself. But yay for you guys!

I do hope they eventually do a movie to wrap things up. I hate when series end and it's just all left so open.
                sigpic

Comment

All About Leo and Veronica.

I am so against LoVe now, Season 3 destroyed it for me. They were nice in Season One and Two, but something happened after 'Not Pictured' that made them just ick to me.

I was actually pro-PiVe, but the whole summer internships drama/sex tape ruined it...

Troy turned out to be a bad guy so, it was also ruined.

Duncan and Veronica were constant angst. Plus, they thought they were brother and sister for awhile, that's something that would just gross me out. Plus, there parents dated and look how they turned out...

That leaves Leo and Veronica. The only couple that was never ruined. They ended on good terms and remained friends. And that's who I voted for. Let's hope there's some Leo and Veronica action in the future.

Comment

Ummm I most say that i don't have preferences on Veronica love life.. But if I was asked, I most say I really like her with Leo. It was a short but smooth sailing realation ship that didn't ended up with drama like most of the relationship in TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                      Sorry, didn't see your post til now... yep, was referring to the fanfic- but looks like Joe cleared that up anyways!

Originally posted by EndersWrath View Post
                      Sure there is. Just you know... in the hands of Heather and mine...on our keyboards... Fanfic means nothing has to end.

Sorry shameless plug but hey
                      *cough* http://vmars.taste-of-honey.net/ *cough*

Glad to see that even with that Piz kid that people are still on the LoVe Bandwagon

Comment

I has always been Logan and Veronica. I remember when I caught an episode in the 2nd season, I loved them, then i bought season 1 and 2 and can't imagine a better couple! Well they had there rought spots, but even when they bickered when they were apart the chemistry was undeniable.
                        Veronica: You know those people who can predict when change is coming in their life?
                        I'm not one of them. Change has a way of just walking up and punching me in the face.

sigpic

-Lost- on BF Banner from LF

Comment

Originally posted by Epic View Post
                          I has always been Logan and Veronica. I remember when I caught an episode in the 2nd season, I loved them, then i bought season 1 and 2 and can't imagine a better couple! Well they had there rought spots, but even when they bickered when they were apart the chemistry was undeniable.
                          Exactly--because Logan + Veronica = LoVe, and always will! Even thoguh season 3 screwed them up, they're still the immortal couple of VM, the one people will remember and always love. At the very end, Logan still loves Veronica, and we see Veronica appreciate his beating up of the other guy--they will always understand one another best, complement each other best. I remember being so psyched as they got together in season 1--their first kiss is the best I've ever seen on television (though I'm still waiting to see if the first Booth/Brennan kiss can beat it.....please let it happen soon!), so amazing with the spinning and that song (whenever I listen to it on my iPod I can see what's happening in that scene, it's so ingrained in my head from so many multiple viewings).....they just had sooo much potential, it's a crime that stupid RT threw it all away! Their love was just epic, as Logan said. They are soulmates, if such things exist, there can never be another in each one's life to replace the other. I wouldn't be surprised if one day (assuming Logan survives!), in the far future, they get back together. PiVe is stupid and won't last long. And Logan remains devoted to Veronica as ever. Veronica just has to get over herself!

So yeah, definitely LoVe for the win, though I also liked Leo/Veronica a lot as well--I just adore Leo (whenever I see him I compulsively squeal "LE-o!" and go "awww..." b/c he's just so cute and sweet!), and their relationship was so cute and adorable! If it wasn't for Logan she was breaking up with him, I would ahve been more upset, and I too wish she had gotten back with Leo in the end of season 3 if she wouldn't be with Logan--I was so excited when Leo came back, and then it was for nothing!
                          Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

It's funny that no one has voted for Duncan. I say Logan for sure, they have a lot of heat between them, and I found them so much more interesting. I havent seen season 3 though so.. speaking of, should I make an effort to watch it? Over here it was on too late for me to stay up, and then they didn't finish the season because Big Brother came on (lame).
                            sigpic

Comment

Hated Logan/Veronica. Yes it was cool in season 1, but season 2 and 3 just made Logan so out of character that it wasn't even funny...

I much liked Duncan/Veronica together. All of season 1 and the flashbacks with their tension was great. I also liked them together in season 2, though I liked Duncan and Meg together... So it was hard to choose. Their relationship also made for some great episodes, like "Doughnut Run".

Troy was fun, and I wish he would have been in season 3 over Piz...

Comment

Working...
                              X