Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New Shows Will You Be Watching This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What New Shows Will You Be Watching This Season?

• Chuck - From the same mind as The O.C., while that may be a turn of to some, Josh Schwartz knows how to write a lovable geek character. Plus, it looks pretty funny, but there's also action.
    • Pushing Daisies - The show just looks fun to watch.
    • Private Practice - This was the reason I got back into Grey's Anatomy. I was so excited for the two episode back door pilot, I can't wait for the series.
    • Moonlight - I'm going to at least watch the pilot. If it's good, I may continue to watch.
    • Gossip Girl - I should be kicked in the face for admitting it, but I plan to watch an episode or seven.

Reaper, definitely Reaper. It sounds like fun, and I loved Bret Harrison on Grounded For Life and The Loop (and Orange County, though it was a bit role )

Pushing Daisies - Because I get all excited just reading about it and seeing little previews

I really don't want to think I'd watch Gossip Girl and Private Practice. Private Practice, I'd probably watch for Addie, because she was one of my favorite GA characters, but I actually hated the "pilot" more than I hated the rest of s3 GA. And Gossip Girl, well...yeah. I keep saying I won't watch it, but I wouldn't be suprised if I somehow get hooked.
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Pushing Daisies is the new series I am most excited about, I think. The trailer was really interesting. Quirky. And with a neat concept too.

I hear Reaper is really good but I don't know if I will tune in right away. Same with Gossip Girl. I think I will have to see critics and viewers think first. :/

But as with every season, I just to sort of feel out the new material and see what sticks to me. It's the same story every year. And sometimes I don't get into a fandom until late in the game. Bones and Supernatural are my most recent new fandoms. And I can't wait until I can see s2 of Weeds which comes out on DVD this week.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

SOOO many. I'm crazy excited for Pushing Daisies though. The previews made it looks so cute. And it's by the the guy who did Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me. That is an automatic win.

Going to check out Reaper because Bret Harrison is adorable plus it looks like a Supernatural/Dead Like Me crossover or something.

Possibly Cane only because Alona Tal (Jo on SPN and Meg on VM) is in it. Maybe Chuck for Adam Baldwin. The Sarah Connor chronicles for Summer Glau. Bionic Woman because it looks kinda cool. New Amsterdam although it's on FOX so I expect 5 episodes aired max. Big Shots sounds lame but I'm going to check it out for purely shallow reasons *cough*MichaelVartan*cough*

Moonlight even though it sounds like Angel 2.0 but won't be nearly as good. I'll give it a chance because it has Jason Dohring, Sophia Myles, and Shannyn Sossamon and I love them all.

I don't know why but I think I'm going to watch Gossip Girl. NO IDEA WHY. And Aliens in America sounds like it might be funny.

...I have no life.

Comment

I can't watch any new shows, and not even catch up with the very recent ones to watch the second season, because I watch already too many shows. I'll be watching, as they air in America:

Prison Break
          Nip Tuck
          House
          Lost
          Jericho
          Desperate Housewives
          Grey's Anatomy
          Smallville
          Supernatural

And then, the first season of Ugly Betty and the first season of Heroes on Italian tv. So, I definetely have no room for more shows, no matter how good they are LOL

I'll keep an eye to people's opinion on the new shows, though, to see what I might give a try to, later!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
          Icon by xiperita

Comment

I actually don't know which NEW shows I'll be watching. I know I'm going to give Private Practice a chance since the Addison stuff was the only entertaining parts of that 2-part Grey's Anatomy episode that served as a pilot for PP.

But I might also try Bionic Woman. I don't know, though. It looks...weird. How they filmed it, how they're promoting it...Though I might be wrong. It might just be NBC since I felt the same about Heroes until I gave it a try.

I was gonna give Reaper a try but the cast really doesn't appeal to me at all and I had no idea it was a comedy until like...5 seconds ago. I was under the impression that it would be Supernatural-esque. But it might be really good, though. Mike Aussiello said it was the second best pilot he watched for the upcoming season.

I do know what shows I'll definitely be watching, though they aren't new:

Smallville
            Supernatural
            Heroes
            Brothers & Sisters
            Lost

There are also some shows that I'm going to give another chance when they return:

Grey's Anatomy
            House
            Prison Break

So that's my busy TV schedule.
            wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Is it that time of year already? I'm so behind and don't have a clue what most of these new shows are. In general, I am most drawn to shows on CW, Fox, and NBC. Very rarely does an ABC or CBS show have a style I enjoy. Since SN isn't starting till October 4, I'm guessing I'll be trying out some stuff.

Chuck could be funny. I'll probably see what the Bionic Woman is about. I'll probably only get very involved in these shows if my parents are taping and watching them. I like to have shows to talk with people irl.

Moonlight? Vampire in a detective agency who loves a mortal girl? With David Greenwalt? What channel is this on?!!! LMAO! It's been long enough that I'm not bitter about ATS cancellation anymore and am willing to sink back into a similar plot.

Gossip Girl and Reaper are not screaming love me from the CW's promos. But they're on the CW so I'll probably give them a try. I had originally hoped Reaper would be more like the Devil May Cry video game premise so I'm still coming to grips with this being a slacker comedy. I find it awesome that his parents sold his soul and didn't do anything about it and now the devil's come to collect. But, I'm not very big into the slacker culture - sometimes downright hilarious but usually a lot of boring stuff in between. So we'll see how peppy Reaper turns out. I do like Tyler Labine and it's really cool that Kevin Smith did the pilot.

Old stuff:
              Supernatural
              Smallville
              Heroes
              Medium
              Bones

Whew that's a short list.

Oh and I'm absolutely dying of anticipation for The Sarah Connor Chronicles. But since that's planned as a mid season replacement (last I heard) I'm doing my best to not focus on my excitement of it as a new show.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

I'll definitely be watching Pushing Daisies. If Bryan Fuller's the creator then it's definitely worth watching. It's a great concept and the preview is really interesting, so I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully the show lasts longer than Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me though.

And sadly I will be watching Gossip Girl ...I read the books. :| They're pretty stupid and shallow, but they're addicting and such a guilty pleasure. The clips I've seen don't look that bad and even though Vanessa is missing from the show, I'm happy with how they cast it- especially with Kristen Bell as gossip girl and Blake Lively as Serena.

And I think I'll also check out the pilot of Reaper. I wanted to originally because I liked the concept, but then I wasn't so impressed with the preview, but now that I'm hearing good things about it I think I'll give it a chance.

This is the first I heard of Moonlight, but I've checked out the preview and it looks pretty decent. ...Plus David Greenwalt & Jason Dohring. So if the pilot's good I'll continue to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Francy View Post
                  I can't watch any new shows, and not even catch up with the very recent ones to watch the second season, because I watch already too many shows. I'll be watching, as they air in America:

Prison Break
                  Nip Tuck
                  House
                  Lost
                  Jericho
                  Desperate Housewives
                  Grey's Anatomy
                  Smallville
                  Supernatural

And then, the first season of Ugly Betty and the first season of Heroes on Italian tv. So, I definetely have no room for more shows, no matter how good they are LOL

I'll keep an eye to people's opinion on the new shows, though, to see what I might give a try to, later!

YAY for Jericho. I LOVE that show. I also have too many shows that I watch, but I think I will give Moonlight a chance even though, as others have mentioned, it sounds like a copycat Angel.
                  "Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
                  - Spike
                  http://world3.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=383001568

Comment

the only new show that I definately have any plans to watch is Reaper as it looks like it has some potential and stars Ray Wise.
                    Other than that I'm just going to stick with new seasons of things I know:

ER
                    Lost
                    Heroes
                    Smallville
                    Scrubs
                    House
                    sigpic
                    A Boy Named Jayne

Banner and avie by LRae12

Comment

Is it seriously time for new show talks? LOL...I am so out of it...I haven't even turned the television ON since the finales in May... I'm an internet-aholic...

Um, haven't really heard of any of these new shows, but reading through this thread none seem too interesting to me...except for Private Practice, which I all ready knew about from the Grey's crossover this year...so, yeah will watch that.

Moonlight? Sounds...familiar. What channel will it be on? I'd probably tune in to the pilot if I knew the channel...

Other than that, I'll be sticking to my regular shows:

Smallville
                      Supernatural
                      Grey's Anatomy
                      Lost

Gosh, is that all I watch now? Grrr...needs to find some new INTERESTING shows!
                      sigpic

Comment

LRae, Moonlight will be on CBS.

And as for other new shows, you should look at the trailer for Pushing Daisies. It should be on youtube. It looks really neat. If you liked Wonderfalls and/or Dead Like Me, it seems like a great show.
                        sigpic
                        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsten View Post
                          This is the first I heard of Moonlight, but I've checked out the preview and it looks pretty decent. ...Plus David Greenwalt & Jason Dohring. So if the pilot's good I'll continue to watch it.
                          Right there with ya! Even if it sounds like a rip-off of Angel. At least David Greenwalt is ripping off his own show! Plus I really need my Jason Dohring fix now that VM is gone and I'm really curious to see him in another role than Logan. So I think I will check out Moonlight.

Other than that I watch way too many shows already to be able to add more.

My schedule for next season already includes:

Supernatural
                          Smallville
                          Prison Break
                          Nip/Tuck
                          Heroes
                          Brothers & Sisters

Phew that's a lot! I'm glad that I dropped Lost and Grey's Anatomy so now I can add Moonlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                            LRae, Moonlight will be on CBS.

And as for other new shows, you should look at the trailer for Pushing Daisies. It should be on youtube. It looks really neat. If you liked Wonderfalls and/or Dead Like Me, it seems like a great show.
                            Thanks!

Though I've never watched Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me...but I'll try and find the youtube trailer...
                            sigpic

Comment

New shows... Only Private Practice so far. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Bionic Woman - just to find out how they are going to handle the story and if they are going have Lyndsey Wagner play a cameo!

Haven't really seen anything else "new" I want to watch. However I am going to watch Damages tonight to see how that goes with Glen Close.
                              -TP<3
                              "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                              - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Hey guys, figured I would post this here. Anyone has been reading up about Moonlight the new CBS show, it has been re-worked a little apparantly, and in the re-working they are bringing Jason Dohring onto the show, woo!!

This was taken from Zap2 it:
                                'Veronica Mars' Star Basks in CBS' 'Moonlight'
                                Vampire drama woos Jason Dohring
                                June 28, 2007

Jason DohringIn one of the oddest pieces of recasting you're ever likely to see, Jason Dohring is joining CBS' "Moonlight."

Dohring is the latest piece of recasting on the vampire private investigator drama, which has undergone some reimagining since "Angel" veteran David Greenwalt came on as showrunner.

Alex O'Loughlin still remains on board as the show's central blood-sucking gumshoe. That hasn't changed. His human love interest has gone from Shannon Lucio's intrepid TV reporter to Sophia Myles' dogged Internet reporter.

Dohring will step in for Rade Serbedzija as the ancient vampire Josef, the main character's mentor. Serbedzija is a 60-year-old Croatia-born actor most recently seen in "Shooter" and on this past season of "24." Dohring, of course, is a 25-year-old Ohio-born actor most recently seen breaking hearts as Logan Echolls on The CW's "Veronica Mars."

That's what folks in the industry call "going a different direction." According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Josef character has been "reconceptualized as a young, mischievous hedge-fund trader."

Other credits for Dohring include episodes of "Boston Public," "Cold Case," "Judging Amy" and "The Division."
                                And sci-fi wire has an interview with Jason Dohring about joining Moonlight. It starts as...
                                Jason Dohring, who plays a 400-year-old vampire playboy in CBS' upcoming series Moonlight, told SCI FI Wire that producer Joel Silver-who worked with him previously on The CW's Veronica Mars-was instrumental in getting him into the show.
                                I was hooked when I heard we'd have JD playing a kick ass vamp, yay!
                                The whole interview is here

And I also read that David Greenwalt has left the show and won't be doing it anymore,

Sayjay
                                xox
                                sigpic
                                Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

I know some people were talking about Reaper. I found some HQ promos for it if anyone is interested. I also have some promos for Private Practice but they were taken before Merrin Dungey's character was recast. And also some others.

Private Practice
                                  Reaper
                                  Pushing Daisies
                                  The Bionic Woman
                                  Cashmere Mafia
                                  Gossip Girl
                                  Life
                                  Burn Notice

I think that's all I have for new shows right now.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Returning shows I'll be watching include "Heroes" and "Lost". New shows I will check out include "Moonlight", "Journeyman", and "The Sarah Connor Chronicles".
                                    sigpic
                                    Banner by LRae12

Comment

The only thing I'm set on giving a go to is Private Practise, but I'm really not sure... why? Coz I only find out about new shows here!! I'm back to being a dedicated Lost fan, and really eager for Grey's to come back, and Heroes, but most into catching up with a few older things that I'm behind on... Six Feet Under is coming my way on dvd and I'm planning on watching Rome too!

Comment

I'm quite excited about Reaper actually. Purely because of the Kevin Smith influence in the pilot. I sat and watched the little promo thingies that the CW put online and was kinda amused by them and just wanted to check out the show to see if it actually lived up to being as funny as it sounded. But I am a huge Kevin Smith fan, so I kind of made up my mind that I was going to watch it when I heard he had directed the pilot.

As for other new TV series that are starting I am quite tempted to check out "Cane" which I think is on CBS. When I was at Asylum Alona Tal was talking about it, and how much she enjoyed workin on this show, and it got me quite interested in it, so I may check it out.

Similarly at Asylum Justin Harley was talking about a pilot he had been in and was waiting to find out if it got picked up, 'Spellbound' and it actually sounded awesome and hilarious. Kind of bewitched, meets hmm...I don't know *insert a comedy show here* But it was one of the possible new CW shows and among I think it was 13 shows looking for a spot to go into, but it obviously never got picked up, Which is annoying because I was really excited about this show. Damn.

SJ
                                        xox
                                        sigpic
                                        Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Working...
                                        X