Favourite character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite character

oke.. I was wondering what all your favourite character were and why? I do not need to tell you guys which is mine anymore I think lol... soo... well.. now I want to know yours...
    hiding, scared
    why won't it let go?
    What did I do?
    Will it ever end?
    Ever get better?

I don't know if I have a fave because I love many. Locke, of course, is awesome but I credit that to Terry O'Quinn's potrayal, which is just utterly fabulous. I also like Sayid a great deal and it is a shame he doesn't get more to work with, especially in the past two seasons. I certainly love Hurley for bringing big heart to the show and Sawyer for bringing the angst and the funny nicknames. I've never been particularly fond o Jack but he has grown on me immensely with season three. Kate kind of bothers me. And I think Jin is pretty damn cool. And oh! I adore Desmond!! He's just so so awesome.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I don't really have one favourite, although I have preferences, of course. The character I care more about is Jack, always did. I think he is a great guy, but that he has some serious personal issues that he needs to solve. And I hope he will be able to. Then, I like Locke, because he is just mysterious and interesting..he is connected to the island more than anyone else, and I'm curious to see where this will lead him.
      Other favourites of mine are Sun and Jin, as couple or individually. I find them complex and layered, I love that they clearly love each other, but that they always end up lieing to each other in the attempt to protect their spouse. Then I love Desmond and Juliet, I find both of them to be great additions to the show. And I love Hurley for bringing a little perspective when everyone need some, and for brightening everyone up.
      I like Sayid, but lately he has been criminally underused.
      I pretty much like all characters, except Sawyer, who I hated at times, and now I tolerate more, but has yet to grow on me.

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
      Icon by xiperita

Comment

You don't like Sawyer????? lol... He is, as everyone probable knows my absolute favoutite... I mean.. he has just had such a ****ed up life... I think.. I mean... I just... I don't know... that little boy hiding under the bed....

I don't know.. I think Jack is just.. I don't know... a little overrated.... I mean... I don't know... he just mostly doesn't do anything for me... same with Locke... I mean... for some reason that guy just creeps me out...
        Sayid... hmm... I like him alright... but I agree... they should do more with him... then there is Jin and Sun whom I found very interesting...
        And well.. hell would wouldn't like Hurley?

another question for ya guys... has anyone ever thought about what happened to Sawyer when he got out from under that bed? Cause for some reason I think more things have happened in his life to have made him the way he is... I just hate the fact they haven't done an eppisode about that yet....
        hiding, scared
        why won't it let go?
        What did I do?
        Will it ever end?
        Ever get better?

Comment

Sawyer is a stone cold killer, twice over. He endangered the entire camp by conning them out of the guns -- a move that can at least partially be credited for what happened to Ana Lucia and Libby.

He does some stuff that's worth doing. I love what he did in the Season 3 finale. But mostly he's a tool, and Kate really picked the wrong horse.
          sigpic
          Banner by LRae12

Comment

hmmm.. got a point somehow... but still ... he has reasons for doing all that... I mean... I don't know... I guess for some reason he just doesn't care... but I don't believe conning the rest out of their guns was a bad move... I mean.. Jack and Locke were about to blow eachothers brains out... and you really think that had something to do with Ana's death? I don't know...
            hiding, scared
            why won't it let go?
            What did I do?
            Will it ever end?
            Ever get better?

Comment

Sawyer is a killer indeed. But to be fair, he was really only gunning for one soul. The real Sawyer. He made a mistake and killed the wrong man..but that still makes him a murderer. However, I don't find him to be particularly dangerous. I don't believe he would kill anyone unless his life--or others' lives--depended on it,
              Spoiler:
              as in the s3 finale. And yes, I do think Tom was, more or less, an imminent threat.
              So is he a killer? Yes. But he is a good person? I think deep down beneath all the angst and vengeance, yes. He just refuses to embrace because he sees himself as a bad man. The real Sawyer screwed him up butt good! But that's just my opinion.

And yes, he is indirectly responsible for Ana and Libby's deaths. If he wouldn't have stolen the guns, the would have remained concealed from all and Ana wouldn't have been able to lift from Sawyer and thus, it would not have fallen into Michael's hand. But that's hardly his fault, I think. Indirectly responsible...not culpable.

And again, I agree, Sayid is severely underused.
              sigpic
              follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

ok fave character....

Jack...well 1st off hes played by Mr Fox...lol yum yum. And i just really like JAcks character. yeah he seems like mr nice guy...but i think theres soemthing dark in there.Hes got a bad boy side to him alright.

Kate: Shes just a wicked female character. Theres alot of depth there and things to be discovered. its nice to see a character like her, it makes a change from your usual damsel type. lol

Andi havent seen the end of seaon 3, only seen up to ep 6. 'i do' (which was fab to see Mr Fillion in) So im making my selections based on what i have seen.
                That Fallen Little Angel on your shoulder.
                Scary Just got Sexy!

Comment

Sawyer is my favorite of all LOST characters. I love dark characters because there is always the possibility of redemption. And redemption is what life is about to me.

The Sawyer character is more interesting to me as well. He protects those he "truly" loves, he cuts through the bull-crap and says what everyone else is "stepping over", and he's a survivor - so far.
                  -TP<3
                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
                    Sawyer is my favorite of all LOST characters. I love dark characters because there is always the possibility of redemption. And redemption is what life is about to me.
                    Very true. I do love a good redemption story. I'm one of those folks who enjoyed the Spike character arc because there was such a dramatic progression to his change. I suppose Sawyer has that same possibility in his character arc--especially after seeing all of season three--but there are some severe setbacks to it as well. For those who have not seen all of s3, I won't ruin it for you, but there's a lot in store for Sawyer's character on the island. And after the last scene of the season, I wonder what's in store for him there...you'll know what I mean after you see it.
                    sigpic

Comment

lol... thanks for not ruining it for me (I'm one of the people who aint seen it yet) but yeah... I know what you all mean... the redemption story is great and just Sawyer's character is just soo interesting because you never really quit understand, and never quit get to see the real him....
                      hiding, scared
                      why won't it let go?
                      What did I do?
                      Will it ever end?
                      Ever get better?

Comment

I'd have to say my favorite is Sawyer as well. He reminds me a lot of Spike, many similarities, and Spike is my favorite Btvs, so it makes sense for me that Sawyer is too. I guess I'm drawn to the bad boy with a broken heart fix-er-uppers. Plus, Sawyer is the only one on the show who makes me laugh, and well, I always go for the funny.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                          Plus, Sawyer is the only one on the show who makes me laugh, and well, I always go for the funny.
                          Hurley never made you laugh? Come on, Hurley is funny! He is the comic relief and also, the heart, imo. I find it quite funny at times. And other times, rather sad. Not that I disagree about your Sawyer points.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                            Hurley never made you laugh? Come on, Hurley is funny! He is the comic relief and also, the heart, imo. I find it quite funny at times. And other times, rather sad. Not that I disagree about your Sawyer points.
                            Um, I would say Hurley makes me 'grin' or occasionally 'giggle'. But an outright belly-laugh, no. Sawyer's smart-ass remarks are about the only thing that really tickles my fancy.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hugo, I love just about all of the characters, but Sawyer is just my absolute favorite.
                            sigpic

Comment

Jack is my favorite character.
                              Okay okay, before someone attacks my post I will admit that Jack has his own faults but thats what makes him so human.
                              He's the character that really for me makes the show, when jack's not in an episode his absense is present. I really admire that in a character, his faults are what make him more of a hero and how he was thrown into his heroic title also makes him even more so.
                              Veronica: You know those people who can predict when change is coming in their life?
                              I'm not one of them. Change has a way of just walking up and punching me in the face.

sigpic

-Lost- on BF Banner from LF

Comment

hmmm... yeah I have to say lrea12 Sawyer make me laugh all the time as well... and the fact that he is indeed a badboy... but with damn good reasons... make him ever sooo interesting... Hurley makes me laugh as well... but Sawyer... he is just one I'd really like to figure out...
                                I'm not really into Jack although I do think it's a good character to have on the show... I just don't know... He doesn't really do anything for me... but hey... that's just me...
                                hiding, scared
                                why won't it let go?
                                What did I do?
                                Will it ever end?
                                Ever get better?

Comment

Sawyer has his good points, as does Jack, but they don't really fascinate me the way Locke does- now, Locke is cool. He's like the Oz of the lostverse, in how chilled out he is. (Just, somewhat more murderous! lol)
                                  I just wish they wouldn't kill off so many characters and that characters like Sayid (another favourite and HOT to boot!!!) got more screen time.

Comment

I really really do wish Sayid would get more screen time; after all, he can do so much on that island! He has a ton of training that makes him an asset. I don't know why they don't use him more.
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                                      I really really do wish Sayid would get more screen time; after all, he can do so much on that island! He has a ton of training that makes him an asset. I don't know why they don't use him more.
                                      I agree. They seem to give the most screen time to Jack, and I find hime to be so boring. I'd like to see more of Sayid, Jin & Sun, and Claire - who had so little screen time this year. She's one character that is underused, too.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Jack has significantly grown on me but his flashbacks don't do much for me at all. I do find them a bit boring. I hate that he gets like 3 flashbacks a season while others only get one. Spread the flashback love!!!
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X